Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon pH Test Strips

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
OfflineNortherner
FSM acolyte
 User Gallery

Loc: FNQ
Re: Anyone a little creeped by how hard they're pushing the vaccine? [Re: HamHead]
    #27290177 - 05/02/21 11:32 AM (15 days, 1 hour ago)

There is the COVID thread itself if we want to bang on about it. We are discussing the billions being spent on the vaccine promotion.

So we see there is transparency about the covid vaccine, and as with all vaccines people do get injured. It's good that we know who are at higher risk from this problem. There's still people who would like to use that to try and inspire fear though, like predicting that in close to complete majority vaccinated countries the third wave will be made up of vaccinated people. It's the type of implied misinformation, paranoid idiocy disguised as concern and fear mongering that billions are being spent to fight against.

There isn't advertising revenue to be gained by promoting vaccines because there's no fear of the uncertain being promoted. It's a much more costly and difficult thing to make people click on.

--------------------
If only you could see the things he has seen, the technicolour dreams of a plastic changa bear

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: Anyone a little creeped by how hard they're pushing the vaccine? [Re: crackbaby]
    #27290179 - 05/02/21 11:33 AM (15 days, 1 hour ago)

Quote:

crackbaby said:
Quote:

HamHead said:
Quote:

crackbaby said:
i'm glad they're pushing everyone toward getting vaccinated, having had a few family members get covid.  It's no joke.  The faster everybody gets vaccinated, the faster the virus can be prevented from thriving and proliferating. Is this so difficult to comprehend? :crankey:

I'm glad for informed consent.

https://scitechdaily.com/dire-coronavirus-prediction-virus-evolving-to-escape-current-vaccines-treatments-may-be-condemned-to-chasing-after-the-evolving-sars-cov-2-continually/

“Our study and the new clinical trial data show that the virus is traveling in a direction that is causing it to escape from our current vaccines and therapies that are directed against the viral spike,” says Ho, the director of the Aaron Diamond AIDS Research Center and the Clyde’56 and Helen Wu Professor of Medicine at Columbia University Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons.

“If the rampant spread of the virus continues and more critical mutations accumulate, then we may be condemned to chasing after the evolving SARS-CoV-2 continually, as we have long done for influenza virus,” Ho says. “Such considerations require that we stop virus transmission as quickly as is feasible, by redoubling our mitigation measures and by expediting vaccine rollout.”

After vaccination, the immune system responds and makes antibodies that can neutralize the virus.

Ho and his team found that antibodies in blood samples taken from people inoculated with the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine were less effective at neutralizing the two variants, B.1.1.7, which emerged last September in England, and B.1.351, which emerged from South Africa in late 2020. Against the U.K. variant, neutralization dropped by roughly 2-fold, but against the South Africa variant, neutralization dropped by 6.5- to 8.5-fold.

“The approximately 2-fold loss of neutralizing activity against the U.K. variant is unlikely to have an adverse impact due to the large ‘cushion’ of residual neutralizing antibody activity,” Ho says, “and we see that reflected in the Novavax results where the vaccine was 85.6% effective against the U.K. variant.”

Data from Ho’s study about the loss in neutralizing activity against the South Africa variant are more worrisome.

“The drop in neutralizing activity against the South Africa variant is appreciable, and we’re now seeing, based on the Novavax results, that this is causing a reduction in protective efficacy,” Ho says.

----------

:popcorn:

so what's your point?  That people should be reluctant to get the shot because there's a chance that it might be an exercise in futility due to the possibilities of vaccine resistant variants and mutations?  If everybody gets vaccinated, doesn't the virus have less of a chance at lingering around long enough to produce multiple problematic strains? 

I've gotten a staph infection twice, and was lucky enough that it wasn't MRSA.  Each time i was cured by prescription antibiotics.  The first time i got it i got extremely sick, because all my anti-pharmaceutical hippy friends had me trying all kinds of herbal remedies such as tea tree oil, apple cider vinegar, and garlic which did nothing.  I finally went to the ER and took antibiotics for a week which cleared it right up. 

The analogy i'm trying to make is that if i followed the advice of my wook friends and steered clear of drugs from The Man because of all the reports that it doesn't work for MRSA or flesh eating bacteria versions of staph, i could have done the diedz.

Hamhead likely believes that vaccines cause the virus to mutate away from immunity. Or that they will produce more dangerous versions of the virus. Neither of these things are true. Immunity whether it comes naturally or through vaccines can select for viruses that have mutations that evade the vaccine . That’s it. The worst thing the vaccine can produce is a vaccine resistant strain. When antibiotics select for antibiotic resistant strains, this is a huge problem because you need to find a new antibiotic that is effective. With vaccines  you just need to fix the vaccine, something that can be done in an afternoon.

--------------------
I am a violent pusher of the neo-marxist SJW agenda to destroy society.

Edited by koods (05/02/21 11:36 AM)

OfflineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

Loc: Galactic sector ZZ9 Plura...
Re: Anyone a little creeped by how hard they're pushing the vaccine? [Re: Northerner]
    #27290188 - 05/02/21 11:43 AM (15 days, 1 hour ago)

Bacterial infection are no joke.

What happens if someone doesn't take all their antibiotics, even if they feel better? Like, you feel better but still have three days worth of antibiotics to consume?

According to that Mareks disease study, vaccinating caused Mareks to proliferate when it would have otherwise killed birds off in 10 days.

And yes, it is a concern of not only my self, but others with greater knowledge that with these vaccines, mutate strains that are proving to be more virulent while also escaping immune response, will continue to evolve and potentially become even more deadly.

Data is out. I can't understand why people ignore a 99.7 survival rate and demand a vaccine.

Quote:

Northerner said:
There is the COVID thread itself if we want to bang on about it. We are discussing the billions being spent on the vaccine promotion.

Some of us aren't privileged enough to even view that thread.

Billions are being spent on promotion yet when adverse reactions occur, those billions are quick to point a finger in another direction, far away from their product they are promoting.

Billions would potentially be lost if these vaccines are pulled off the market.

https://www.fiercepharma.com/pharma/astrazeneca-j-j-covid-19-vaccine-contracts-won-t-be-renewed-europe-next-year-report?mkt_tok=Mjk0LU1RRi0wNTYAAAF8cFwAQoLr9COVoDtK61qz5fec-kOzMmz2-04-yiQXgCXMtwzX6gSWRTsG6VqYpuyAQDAzoVqWHnwTfm8z6PqFsPSth1pmSQr9C5BEJA40PStSIlOWLnk&mrkid=150094644

Amid delivery delays and concerns over rare but serious blood clots for the AstraZeneca and Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 shots, European officials are looking elsewhere for next year's supply.

The European Commission has opted against renewing its vaccine contracts with AstraZeneca and J&J once they expire at the end of the year, Italian newspaper La Stampa reported Wednesday, citing an unnamed source from the Italian health ministry. Reuters also picked up the story.

Both shots have come under scrutiny over rare but serious cases of blood clots in people who had received the vaccines, prompting several countries to halt use of the AZ shot while the European Medicines Agency completed a follow-up safety review. Meanwhile, AstraZeneca has struggled to meet the delivery targets it originally laid out, while J&J just this week said it would delay its vaccine rollout in the bloc over safety concerns.

-------

I don't think people like rolling their dice with serious side effects such as blood clots. How ever small a %.

--------------------
The Italian researchers’ findings, published by the INT’s scientific magazine Tumori Journal, show 11.6% of 959 healthy volunteers enrolled in a lung cancer screening trial between September 2019 and March 2020 had developed coronavirus antibodies well before February.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-italy-timing-idUSKBN27V0KF

This online first version has been peer-reviewed, accepted and edited,  but not formatted and finalized with corrections from authors and proofreaders

https://www.icandecide.org/

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: Anyone a little creeped by how hard they're pushing the vaccine? [Re: HamHead] * 1
    #27290195 - 05/02/21 11:48 AM (15 days, 1 hour ago)

Quote:

And yes, it is a concern of not only my self, but others with greater knowledge that with these vaccines, mutate strains that are proving to be more virulent while also escaping immune response, will continue to evolve and potentially become even more deadly.

Vaccines have nothing to do with producing more virulent strains. People with replicating viruses are the source of more virulent strains, and vaccines prevent the virus from replicating in most people, and when people do get infected they have a lot less virus replicating.

--------------------

Invisiblecrackbaby
shitpost aficionado
Male

Re: Anyone a little creeped by how hard they're pushing the vaccine? [Re: HamHead]
    #27290196 - 05/02/21 11:49 AM (15 days, 1 hour ago)

Myself and everybody i know got their vaccine shots fo free and didn't get no side effects or nuffin :shrug:

--------------------
:awedance:

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: Anyone a little creeped by how hard they're pushing the vaccine? [Re: crackbaby]
    #27290198 - 05/02/21 11:55 AM (15 days, 1 hour ago)

If we are still waiting for 30% of the country to be vaccinated by the of summer, we’re gonna have to mandate vaccines, and go hardcore. It is simply unacceptable for society to be burdened by 1000s of people filling up hospital beds, consuming health care resources and being vectors for community spread and mutations when we have the means to prevent it.

--------------------

OfflineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

#27290199 - 05/02/21 11:55 AM (15 days, 1 hour ago)

Quote:

crackbaby said:
Myself and everybody i know got their vaccine shots fo free and didn't get no side effects or nuffin :shrug:

:thaaannks:

Tax dollars went towards payment, so in a way, if you live in Merica, it wasn't free.

And it's our tax dollars that are being used to pay for billions worth of ad campaigns. Sadly.

--------------------
The Italian researchers’ findings, published by the INT’s scientific magazine Tumori Journal, show 11.6% of 959 healthy volunteers enrolled in a lung cancer screening trial between September 2019 and March 2020 had developed coronavirus antibodies well before February.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-italy-timing-idUSKBN27V0KF

This online first version has been peer-reviewed, accepted and edited,  but not formatted and finalized with corrections from authors and proofreaders

InvisibleLeafRaker
nomad
 User Gallery

#27290201 - 05/02/21 12:02 PM (15 days, 1 hour ago)

All true about tax dollars. Unfortunately, I can think of trillions of tax dollars that were spent in much worse ways.

--------------------
Knowledge is finite, ignorance is infinite.

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: Anyone a little creeped by how hard they're pushing the vaccine? [Re: HamHead] * 2
    #27290202 - 05/02/21 12:02 PM (15 days, 1 hour ago)

Yeah it’s unfortunate money needs to be spent to try and convince people you’ve scared off with your lies and fearmongering.

--------------------

OfflineNortherner
FSM acolyte
 User Gallery

Loc: FNQ
Re: Anyone a little creeped by how hard they're pushing the vaccine? [Re: HamHead] * 2
    #27290218 - 05/02/21 12:17 PM (15 days, 56 minutes ago)

Quote:

crackbaby said:

Thats the experience of the overwhelming majority of people.

Quote:

HamHead said:
Quote:

Northerner said:

Some of us aren't privileged enough to even view that thread.

Probably because you are so wrapped up in finding fear based material and dumping it en masse your posts are counterproductive to any rational discussion. You quote people who are straight up lying or are manipulating statistics in huge blocks and just dump that shit and walk away rather than discussing individual points.

I remember not too long ago you were insisting it was a pseudo military coup on the people here in my country and dumping bullshit into threads about that. It just never happened. We're not even wearing masks here anymore let alone having our freedoms ripped away from us and being forced into servitude, it's business as usual.

You are a fear monger who jumps from the latest fear to the next abandoning those that no longer cause tension. You don't actually believe in anything except negative emotions around this topic. This is why are shut out.

This thread will get shut down as well.

Invisiblecrackbaby
shitpost aficionado
Male

Re: Anyone a little creeped by how hard they're pushing the vaccine? [Re: HamHead] * 1
    #27290221 - 05/02/21 12:19 PM (15 days, 54 minutes ago)

Hamhead, you should be free to choose not to get the vaccine for yourself and believe whatever theory you have regarding pharmaceutical corporation conspiracies.  I don't think it's cool that you continually express your belief system in such a manner that can ultimately serve to persuade people who are unsure about the whole situation, to decide not to get vaccinated based upon your seemingly thoughtful and well-written posts on the subject. 

There are plenty examples of folks who possess a high level of intelligence and the ability to compose very persuasive posts similar to yours, who eventually turned out to be flat wrong.  It can happen :sadyes:

--------------------
:awedance:

Offlinespirit_shadow
Unvaccinated
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Anyone a little creeped by how hard they're pushing the vaccine? [Re: Northerner]
    #27290222 - 05/02/21 12:20 PM (15 days, 53 minutes ago)

Quote:

Northerner said:

So we see there is transparency about the covid vaccine, and as with all vaccines people do get injured. It's good that we know who are at higher risk from this problem. There's still people who would like to use that to try and inspire fear though, like predicting that in close to complete majority vaccinated countries the third wave will be made up of vaccinated people. It's the type of implied misinformation, paranoid idiocy disguised as concern and fear mongering that billions are being spent to fight against.

There isn't advertising revenue to be gained by promoting vaccines because there's no fear of the uncertain being promoted. It's a much more costly and difficult thing to make people click on.

......but I like banging on :frown: :shroomeryhead:

--------------------
Higher than hell and low as heaven will go....(this account is automated, all posts related to illegal activities or advice thereof are strictly from numerous online sites and are for informational purposes only)- Circa 2011
Ban lotto

InvisibleCrazy_Horse
I'm Rick James, Bitch!
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Hampsterdam
Re: Anyone a little creeped by how hard they're pushing the vaccine? [Re: spirit_shadow]
    #27290226 - 05/02/21 12:25 PM (15 days, 48 minutes ago)

How did hamhead get out of the conspiracy forum?

--------------------

InvisibleNiffla
Male User Gallery

Loc: Texas
Re: Anyone a little creeped by how hard they're pushing the vaccine? [Re: cannabinated]
    #27290237 - 05/02/21 12:54 PM (15 days, 20 minutes ago)

Quote:

cannabinated said:

i think thats what got me banned from the covid thread

Those assholes banned you from the covid thread??

:youseethisshit:

--------------------

"The nine-to-five is one of the greatest atrocities sprung upon mankind. You give your life away to a function that doesn’t interest you."

-Charles Bukowski

OfflineIma Trooper
Chilldog Extraordinaire
Male User Gallery

Loc: United States
Re: Anyone a little creeped by how hard they're pushing the vaccine? [Re: Crazy_Horse]
    #27290240 - 05/02/21 12:56 PM (15 days, 18 minutes ago)

Quote:

spirit_shadow said:
I'm not taking something that was fucking rushed and zero long term studies on, go :stonedjerk: into a sock to anyone telling me to get the shot.

But what if you develop super strength and can see in the dark??

I get your scepticism, but I've been vaccinated and it's just a vaccination. It's got super-crazy media coverage because of politics and the pandemic and shit.

Maybe I'll eat my words, but I got the shots and so did my wife and my whole family. I'm always skeptical as hell about stuff, but I really think the government is comprised of far more incompetent greedy fucks than evil illuminati control freaks.

--------------------
"Its moving of its own accord...and I like that in a shirt!" - Me, tripping.

deCypher said:
Schizophrenia beats dining alone, you know.

InvisibleLophosaurus
suruasohpol
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: CA Flag
Re: Anyone a little creeped by how hard they're pushing the vaccine? [Re: Ima Trooper] * 1
    #27290287 - 05/02/21 01:26 PM (14 days, 23 hours ago)

I'm mostly creeped out about these Anti-vaxxers. They sound so stupid and when you talk to them about vaccines you can tell almost none of them have an education besides a barley passing forced High School degree and have a complete misunderstanding about how vaccines work and why we need them.

OfflineJailbird420
Old Man
Male

Re: Anyone a little creeped by how hard they're pushing the vaccine? [Re: Lynnch]
    #27290294 - 05/02/21 01:32 PM (14 days, 23 hours ago)

Quote:

Lynnch said:
No.
There is no profit motive, it's essentially free to the end user.
The gov is spending tax dollars to advertise, so that they can spend more tax dollars to deploy the national guard for mass vax sites, so they can spend even more tax dollars to get folks vaxed, so that we can get out of this mess. There are less convoluted ways for the drug companies to make money.

People are refusing to get the shot, so they are pushing ads. It's really that simple.

DingDingDing ... We have a WINNAR ! ! !

That's it in a nutshell.

There is a percentage of mouth-breathing Q-Annon morons who are simply too mentally stunted to see reality for what it is and will refuse any vaccine due to this stupidity.

I say we take them out back and shoot them ...

OfflineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

Re: Anyone a little creeped by how hard they're pushing the vaccine? [Re: Jailbird420]
    #27290299 - 05/02/21 01:43 PM (14 days, 23 hours ago)

What I don't understand is why people believe vaccines are safe for everyone and don't take other people's health into consideration when pressuring someone for making a choice to not take a vaccine, or any other substance for that matter.

Peanuts aren't safe for everyone.

does that make me anti-peanut? FFS.

--------------------

OfflineJailbird420
Old Man
Male

#27290305 - 05/02/21 01:47 PM (14 days, 23 hours ago)

Quote:

HamHead said:
What I don't understand is why people believe vaccines are safe for everyone and don't take other people's health into consideration when pressuring someone for making a choice to not take a vaccine, or any other substance for that matter.

No, it makes you a moron for refusing a solid scientific method that is KNOWN to work.

If you don't have a real known health reason to refuse the vaccine then you're just another ignorant, whinnny little bitch that just wants to stir up shit for your own entertainment.

OfflineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

Re: Anyone a little creeped by how hard they're pushing the vaccine? [Re: Jailbird420]
    #27290310 - 05/02/21 01:51 PM (14 days, 23 hours ago)

Quote:

Jailbird420 said:
Quote:

HamHead said:

No, it makes you a moron for refusing a solid scientific method that is KNOWN to work.

If you don't have a real known health reason to refuse the vaccine then you're just another ignorant, whinnny little bitch that just wants to stir up shit for your own entertainment.

A real known health reason? Ok.

https://www.cdc.gov/dengue/prevention/dengue-vaccine.html

A vaccine to prevent dengue (Dengvaxia®) is licensed and available in some countries for people ages 9-45 years old. The World Health Organization recommends that the vaccine only be given to persons with confirmed prior dengue virus infection.
The vaccine manufacturer, Sanofi Pasteur, announced in 2017 that people who receive the vaccine and have not been previously infected with a dengue virus may be at risk of developing severe dengue if they get dengue after being vaccinated.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2019/04/dengue-vaccine-fiasco-leads-criminal-charges-researcher-philippines

A prominent pediatrician and medical researcher in the Philippines has been indicted over the failed—and many say premature—introduction of Dengvaxia, a vaccine against dengue that was yanked from the Philippine market in 2017 because of safety issues. If convicted of accusations leveled at her by the national Department of Justice (DOJ), Rose Capeding, 63, former head of the dengue department of the Research Institute for Tropical Medicine (RITM) here, could face up to 48 years in prison.

In February, prosecutors concluded there is probable cause to indict Capeding and 19 others for "reckless imprudence resulting [in] homicide," because they "facilitated, with undue haste," Dengvaxia's approval and its rollout among Philippine schoolchildren.

Halstead's concerns proved valid. In November 2017, Sanofi Pasteur announced that the vaccine could indeed exacerbate cases of dengue in children never previously infected, and the Philippines halted the campaign immediately. (WHO now recommends the vaccine be used only after a test to be sure children have had at least one brush with dengue.)

The news enraged and frightened the parents of some 830,000 schoolchildren who had already received one or more Dengvaxia shots. Given the high prevalence of dengue in the Philippines, most probably already had the disease at least once, and thus are not at risk of ADE—but some had not.

Edited by HamHead (05/02/21 01:57 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon pH Test Strips

Community >> The Pub