Home | Community | Message Board

North Spore
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
Invisiblelarry.fisherman
octopus fucking starfish
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Swimming in Circles Flag
Re: Anyone a little creeped by how hard they're pushing the vaccine? [Re: cannabinated]
    #27290059 - 05/02/21 09:53 AM (15 days, 1 hour ago)

Theories only matter to people if they support their bias. I've seen it time and time again. Which is why I fence sit. Pro-vax, anti-vax.. both of these groups have made absolute fools of themselves :shrug:

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

Loc: Galactic sector ZZ9 Plura...
Re: Anyone a little creeped by how hard they're pushing the vaccine? [Re: larry.fisherman]
    #27290079 - 05/02/21 10:12 AM (15 days, 54 minutes ago)

Quote:

larry.fisherman said:
Theories only matter to people if they support their bias. I've seen it time and time again. Which is why I fence sit. Pro-vax, anti-vax.. both of these groups have made absolute fools of themselves :shrug:

It's been interesting watching it all unfold.

Continually.

Theory can be proven. Which is why some doctors are speaking out about potential harms. Because what they have theorized is happening in real time.

Gain of function?

It's logical to believe that when there is immune escape, resistance may be developed. It happens with other vaccines and is a real world problem in agriculture.

These covid vaccines, like Dr. Fauci says, reduce people's symptoms of Covid. Meaning they can still become infected, and become an asymptomatic carrier of coronavirus varients that are evolving and mutating along side Covid vaccine induced antibodies.

--------------------
The Italian researchers’ findings, published by the INT’s scientific magazine Tumori Journal, show 11.6% of 959 healthy volunteers enrolled in a lung cancer screening trial between September 2019 and March 2020 had developed coronavirus antibodies well before February.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-italy-timing-idUSKBN27V0KF

This online first version has been peer-reviewed, accepted and edited,  but not formatted and finalized with corrections from authors and proofreaders

https://www.icandecide.org/

Edited by HamHead (05/02/21 10:16 AM)

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: Anyone a little creeped by how hard they're pushing the vaccine? [Re: SprewellSleeve]
    #27290083 - 05/02/21 10:13 AM (15 days, 53 minutes ago)

Quote:

SprewellSleeve said:
Imagine if natural nutrition and exercise was pushed this hard.

It is. Half the ads on YouTube are pushing nutrition and exercise. These are way more lucrative than the vaccine market. Vaccines are low profit products.

--------------------
I am a violent pusher of the neo-marxist SJW agenda to destroy society.

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: Anyone a little creeped by how hard they're pushing the vaccine? [Re: HamHead] * 2
    #27290094 - 05/02/21 10:19 AM (15 days, 47 minutes ago)

Quote:

HamHead said:
Quote:

larry.fisherman said:

It's been interesting watching it all unfold.

Continually.

Theory can be proven. Which is why some doctors are speaking out about potential harms. Because what they have theorized is happening in real time.

Gain of function?

It's logical to believe that when there is immune escape, resistance may be developed. It happens with other vaccines and is a real world problem in agriculture.

These covid vaccines, like Dr. Fauci says, reduce people's symptoms of Covid. Meaning they can still become infected, and become an asymptomatic carrier of coronavirus varients that are evolving and mutating along side Covid vaccine induced antibodies.

Vaccines do not cause mutations. Mutations are random events. The only way to prevent mutations is to prevent infections, which vaccines do to a high degree.

The vaccines prevent a majority of infections from occurring. Unvaccinated people get infected 9x more often than vaccinated. Vaccinated people who do get infected have almost no chance of being sick enough to require hospitalization.

--------------------

Edited by koods (05/02/21 10:25 AM)

Invisiblecrackbaby
shitpost aficionado
Male

Re: Anyone a little creeped by how hard they're pushing the vaccine? [Re: twighead] * 1
    #27290104 - 05/02/21 10:27 AM (15 days, 40 minutes ago)

i'm glad they're pushing everyone toward getting vaccinated, having had a few family members get covid.  It's no joke.  The faster everybody gets vaccinated, the faster the virus can be prevented from thriving and proliferating. Is this so difficult to comprehend? :crankey:

--------------------
:awedance:

OfflineI AM SWIM
doin' thangs
 User Gallery

Loc: Feels Changsta Man
Re: Anyone a little creeped by how hard they're pushing the vaccine? *DELETED* [Re: koods]
    #27290115 - 05/02/21 10:32 AM (15 days, 34 minutes ago)

Post deleted by I AM SWIM

Reason for deletion: .

--------------------

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: Anyone a little creeped by how hard they're pushing the vaccine? [Re: crackbaby]
    #27290116 - 05/02/21 10:34 AM (15 days, 33 minutes ago)

Quote:

. but god damn you can't get away from this or that celebrity being paid to say good things about it, youtube ads, facebook ads, google ads, like their pouring millions in advertising and it almost makes it come across more as a product than a medical cure... and then it makes you think about how much money these companies must be making from selling upwards of a billion vaccines.

The companies making the vaccines aren’t selling to consumers. They have contracts with governments that were negotiated a long time ago. Pretty much they’ve already sold all the vaccine they’re ever gonna sell, billions of doses contracted.

Also these vaccines are dirt cheap in terms of medical intervention. J&J and AZ vaccines are being sold for less than $5 a dose, and the moderna and Pfizer are around $15-$20. AstraZeneca is bound by a licensing agreement with Oxford to sell their vaccine at cost.

--------------------

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: Anyone a little creeped by how hard they're pushing the vaccine? [Re: I AM SWIM]
    #27290122 - 05/02/21 10:38 AM (15 days, 29 minutes ago)

Can someone provide an example of any company marketing their vaccine to consumers. I don’t think the pharmaceutical companies have spent any money on advertising covid vaccines.

--------------------

Edited by koods (05/02/21 10:38 AM)

OfflineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

Re: Anyone a little creeped by how hard they're pushing the vaccine? [Re: crackbaby]
    #27290132 - 05/02/21 10:44 AM (15 days, 22 minutes ago)

Quote:

crackbaby said:
i'm glad they're pushing everyone toward getting vaccinated, having had a few family members get covid.  It's no joke.  The faster everybody gets vaccinated, the faster the virus can be prevented from thriving and proliferating. Is this so difficult to comprehend? :crankey:

I'm glad for informed consent.

https://scitechdaily.com/dire-coronavirus-prediction-virus-evolving-to-escape-current-vaccines-treatments-may-be-condemned-to-chasing-after-the-evolving-sars-cov-2-continually/

“Our study and the new clinical trial data show that the virus is traveling in a direction that is causing it to escape from our current vaccines and therapies that are directed against the viral spike,” says Ho, the director of the Aaron Diamond AIDS Research Center and the Clyde’56 and Helen Wu Professor of Medicine at Columbia University Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons.

“If the rampant spread of the virus continues and more critical mutations accumulate, then we may be condemned to chasing after the evolving SARS-CoV-2 continually, as we have long done for influenza virus,” Ho says. “Such considerations require that we stop virus transmission as quickly as is feasible, by redoubling our mitigation measures and by expediting vaccine rollout.”

After vaccination, the immune system responds and makes antibodies that can neutralize the virus.

Ho and his team found that antibodies in blood samples taken from people inoculated with the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine were less effective at neutralizing the two variants, B.1.1.7, which emerged last September in England, and B.1.351, which emerged from South Africa in late 2020. Against the U.K. variant, neutralization dropped by roughly 2-fold, but against the South Africa variant, neutralization dropped by 6.5- to 8.5-fold.

“The approximately 2-fold loss of neutralizing activity against the U.K. variant is unlikely to have an adverse impact due to the large ‘cushion’ of residual neutralizing antibody activity,” Ho says, “and we see that reflected in the Novavax results where the vaccine was 85.6% effective against the U.K. variant.”

Data from Ho’s study about the loss in neutralizing activity against the South Africa variant are more worrisome.

“The drop in neutralizing activity against the South Africa variant is appreciable, and we’re now seeing, based on the Novavax results, that this is causing a reduction in protective efficacy,” Ho says.

----------

:popcorn:

--------------------
The Italian researchers’ findings, published by the INT’s scientific magazine Tumori Journal, show 11.6% of 959 healthy volunteers enrolled in a lung cancer screening trial between September 2019 and March 2020 had developed coronavirus antibodies well before February.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-italy-timing-idUSKBN27V0KF

This online first version has been peer-reviewed, accepted and edited,  but not formatted and finalized with corrections from authors and proofreaders

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: Anyone a little creeped by how hard they're pushing the vaccine? [Re: spirit_shadow]
    #27290136 - 05/02/21 10:48 AM (15 days, 18 minutes ago)

Quote:

spirit_shadow said:
I'm not taking something that was fucking rushed and zero long term studies on, go :stonedjerk: into a sock to anyone telling me to get the shot.

These covid vaccines are now the most studied, monitored vaccines in history. Half the US population  has gotten at least one dose without any significant problems.

The only people still dying committed suicide because they wouldn’t be dying if they had gotten vaccinated. Hundreds of people who are dying every day because they listened to garbage rhetoric like the kind HamHead spews.

--------------------

Invisiblecannabinated

Loc: Outside Flag
Re: Anyone a little creeped by how hard they're pushing the vaccine? [Re: koods]
    #27290138 - 05/02/21 10:50 AM (15 days, 16 minutes ago)

the only ppl dying live outside of the US

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: Anyone a little creeped by how hard they're pushing the vaccine? [Re: cannabinated] * 3
    #27290146 - 05/02/21 10:54 AM (15 days, 12 minutes ago)

Uh no. The US is still seeing 700 deaths a day, almost entirely unvaccinated people who would still be alive if hamhead didn’t scare them out of getting a vaccine.

--------------------

Invisiblecannabinated

Loc: Outside Flag
Re: Anyone a little creeped by how hard they're pushing the vaccine? [Re: koods]
    #27290148 - 05/02/21 10:57 AM (15 days, 10 minutes ago)

:mad:

Offlinefeevers
Wanderer
Male

Re: Anyone a little creeped by how hard they're pushing the vaccine? [Re: cannabinated] * 1
    #27290151 - 05/02/21 11:00 AM (15 days, 6 minutes ago)

Everybody's gotta die sometime. Might as well die to pwn big pharma

Or because some guy on youtube scared you

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: Anyone a little creeped by how hard they're pushing the vaccine? [Re: feevers]
    #27290156 - 05/02/21 11:06 AM (15 days, 22 seconds ago)

Hamhead, this one aged really well. Have you been right about a single fucking thing in the past year?

Quote:

Quote:

HamHead said:
Quote:

cannabinated said:
yall are just giving money to china every time you mention the name of that drug

India also uses HCQ extensively. This is made easier by the fact that much of the world’s supply of the drug comes from India, and as a result its use there is particularly inexpensive. The belief is that the early use of HCQ cuts the mortality rate in half. Statistics from India appear to bear that out. Police, health-care workers and frontline workers are given HCQ as a prophylactic, and the results there are very encouraging.

The current population of India is 1,381,863,561 as of Friday, August 21, 2020, based on Worldometer elaboration of the latest United Nations data.; India 2020 population is estimated at 1,380,004,385 people at mid year according to UN data.

--------------------

Offlinespirit_shadow
Unvaccinated

Re: Anyone a little creeped by how hard they're pushing the vaccine? [Re: Northerner]
    #27290162 - 05/02/21 11:15 AM (14 days, 23 hours ago)

Quote:

Northerner said:
The vaccine misinformation following is huge in the US so they have to fight back some way. The facts of greater good and statistical chance of better outcome is not enough, it needs to be showy and omnipresent. Ideally people re-posting about it on Facebook and Twitter for greatest impact. Otherwise people will perceive misinformation as the loudest voice and believe it. Mass human psychology requires very different approaches to individual.

Quote:

spirit_shadow said:
I'm not taking something that was fucking rushed and zero long term studies on, go :stonedjerk: into a sock to anyone telling me to get the shot.

There's never been a vaccine with long term studies. This sort of statement implies there has been and inspires fear that scientific protocols are not being followed. It's the sort of view that can be fostered by the misinformation they are trying to fight. Hence the massive campaign.

You can spend all day putting words together to make anything sound good. The fact is I am healthy. My immune system is NOT compromised. It was rushed as fuck. And to top it off one of the companies is known to not give a fuck about people in the usa. Let me go get that sock for ya :house:

--------------------
Higher than hell and low as heaven will go....(this account is automated, all posts related to illegal activities or advice thereof are strictly from numerous online sites and are for informational purposes only)- Circa 2011
Ban lotto

Offlineviraldrome
Mayor of Cracktown
 User Gallery

Re: Anyone a little creeped by how hard they're pushing the vaccine? [Re: spirit_shadow]
    #27290166 - 05/02/21 11:18 AM (14 days, 23 hours ago)

Good article I was reading today about the development of the mRNA vaccines. Scientists had been working on MERS vaccine and just had to tweak the spikes a bit but had like 7 years of research behind them. So really it wasn't developed overnight at all. It's like having a new flu vaccine every season, they just tweaked already existing vaccine.

"Armed with the techniques they'd already developed, it took McLellan and his team only an hour to figure out how to stabilize the new virus' spike protein. Soon they began shipping their fixed version of the protein to other labs around the world.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundland-labrador/apocalypse-then-vaccine-speed-1.6008611

No matter how bad variants get we should be able to out vax them eventually. I don't care care getting about getting yearly shots, I care about getting some funky bat virus.

--------------------

Edited by viraldrome (05/02/21 11:18 AM)

OfflineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

Re: Anyone a little creeped by how hard they're pushing the vaccine? [Re: cannabinated]
    #27290169 - 05/02/21 11:19 AM (14 days, 23 hours ago)

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/cdc-about-5-800-breakthrough-infections-reported-fully-vaccinated-people-n1264186

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is "keeping a close eye" on Covid-19 cases in fully vaccinated people, agency Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky said Thursday during a hearing before the House Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Crisis.

On Thursday morning, the CDC said it had reports of approximately 5,800 so-called breakthrough infections, out of the nearly 77 million individuals in the United States who have been fully vaccinated.

Such cases are not unexpected; no vaccine is 100 percent effective against infection with the coronavirus. Even so, they are rare, and experts tell NBC News the data are largely reassuring.

"This is a really good scenario, even with almost 6,000 breakthrough infections," said Tara Smith, a professor of epidemiology at the Kent State University College of Public Health in Ohio. "Most of those have been mildly symptomatic or asymptomatic. That's exactly what we were hoping for."

-------

🤔 "most of those have been mildly symptomatic or asymptomatic. That's exactly what we were hoping for."

So, they were hoping for people to become infected and show only mild or asymptomatic symptoms.

Just as I said in a previous post. Someone can become infected and be asymptomatic.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/science/tthis-chicken-vaccine-makes-virus-dangerous

In fact, rather than stop fowl from spreading the virus, the vaccine allows the disease to spread faster and longer than it normally would, a new study finds. The scientists now believe that this vaccine has helped this chicken virus become uniquely virulent. (Note: it only harms fowl). The study was published on Monday in the journal PLOS Biology.

-------

An example of a vaccine driven mutation.

--------------------

Edited by HamHead (05/02/21 11:22 AM)

Invisiblecrackbaby
shitpost aficionado
Male

Re: Anyone a little creeped by how hard they're pushing the vaccine? [Re: HamHead]
    #27290174 - 05/02/21 11:24 AM (14 days, 23 hours ago)

Quote:

HamHead said:
Quote:

crackbaby said:

I'm glad for informed consent.

https://scitechdaily.com/dire-coronavirus-prediction-virus-evolving-to-escape-current-vaccines-treatments-may-be-condemned-to-chasing-after-the-evolving-sars-cov-2-continually/

“Our study and the new clinical trial data show that the virus is traveling in a direction that is causing it to escape from our current vaccines and therapies that are directed against the viral spike,” says Ho, the director of the Aaron Diamond AIDS Research Center and the Clyde’56 and Helen Wu Professor of Medicine at Columbia University Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons.

“If the rampant spread of the virus continues and more critical mutations accumulate, then we may be condemned to chasing after the evolving SARS-CoV-2 continually, as we have long done for influenza virus,” Ho says. “Such considerations require that we stop virus transmission as quickly as is feasible, by redoubling our mitigation measures and by expediting vaccine rollout.”

After vaccination, the immune system responds and makes antibodies that can neutralize the virus.

Ho and his team found that antibodies in blood samples taken from people inoculated with the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine were less effective at neutralizing the two variants, B.1.1.7, which emerged last September in England, and B.1.351, which emerged from South Africa in late 2020. Against the U.K. variant, neutralization dropped by roughly 2-fold, but against the South Africa variant, neutralization dropped by 6.5- to 8.5-fold.

“The approximately 2-fold loss of neutralizing activity against the U.K. variant is unlikely to have an adverse impact due to the large ‘cushion’ of residual neutralizing antibody activity,” Ho says, “and we see that reflected in the Novavax results where the vaccine was 85.6% effective against the U.K. variant.”

Data from Ho’s study about the loss in neutralizing activity against the South Africa variant are more worrisome.

“The drop in neutralizing activity against the South Africa variant is appreciable, and we’re now seeing, based on the Novavax results, that this is causing a reduction in protective efficacy,” Ho says.

----------

:popcorn:

so what's your point?  That people should be reluctant to get the shot because there's a chance that it might be an exercise in futility due to the possibilities of vaccine resistant variants and mutations?  If everybody gets vaccinated, doesn't the virus have less of a chance at lingering around long enough to produce multiple problematic strains? 

I've gotten a staph infection twice, and was lucky enough that it wasn't MRSA.  Each time i was cured by prescription antibiotics.  The first time i got it i got extremely sick, because all my anti-pharmaceutical hippy friends had me trying all kinds of herbal remedies such as tea tree oil, apple cider vinegar, and garlic which did nothing.  I finally went to the ER and took antibiotics for a week which cleared it right up. 

The analogy i'm trying to make is that if i followed the advice of my wook friends and steered clear of drugs from The Man because of all the reports that it doesn't work for MRSA or flesh eating bacteria versions of staph, i could have done the diedz.

--------------------
:awedance:

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: Anyone a little creeped by how hard they're pushing the vaccine? [Re: HamHead] * 1
    #27290175 - 05/02/21 11:26 AM (14 days, 23 hours ago)

That is amazing isn’t it? One half of the country is fully vaccinated and there have been 5,800 infections total and the other half is unvaccinated and there have been millions. Out of the ~150,000 deaths from covid in 2021 less than 100 were in vaccinated people despite this population being the most vulnerable.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Community >> The Pub