Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Edibles   Amazon Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineAsanteA
low dose - high adventure
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Netherlands Flag
Hi. I'm very fat. Which one of you are particularly obese also?
    #27288691 - 05/01/21 07:06 AM (8 days, 1 hour ago)

This thread will probably get less participants than would be justified by measurement.

This is the Internet, many of us are a bit too chubby.

There is a lot of antagonism and prejudice versus people who are big.

So, who's big?

I recently packed on approx 33 lbs of excessive water weight, that got me at the hospital heart ER to see if immediate hospitalizatoion was warranted, I'm still fighting it off, but that enormous edema caused me to weigh in at a super frightening 400 lbs, a figure I've never seen on my scale.

So, who's weighted down with the big issue of obesity?

Its good for your self esteem to come out as being fat, and self esteem is a big part of what makes you even start a diet at all.

Who's big?

Anyone got me beat?

Also, anyone with a BMI that used to be over 30 but who got it off is very welcome to tell us how they did it, so people who literally took and kept off whole buckets of lining are welcome to tell what worked for them.

Oh and no guilttripping or five second solutions from anyone presently under 250 lbs.

--------------------
CDC  COVID  SELF-CHECKER  :syringe:  COVID  MAIN  THREAD  #2
Get 1 month's supplies in case of illness or calamity and help loved ones.
Strengthen your friendship ties - and exchange more favors and advice !

OMNICYCLIC YOU  SUPPORT TICKETS  STORE  SPONSORS/VENDORS  AMANI

personal Ethereum gifts w/o strings attached are very welcome at:
0x9e107aC7656A4b2Fc295Ef5157f06B8E313D7aFa    Ethereum?

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Onlinegopher
Egg hatcher
I'm a teapot

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Hi. I'm very fat. Which one of you are particularly obese also? [Re: Asante]
    #27288715 - 05/01/21 07:59 AM (8 days, 55 minutes ago)

im obese according to a BMI scale, but nothing crazy, normal amounts of food dont fill me up, I dont see how its possible, like say you need 2000 calories, and you eat 3 snacks at 150 cal (about 2 apples I think), that leaves 1550 for 3 meals, 1550 floor divided by 3 is 516 cal, thats a pretty small meal IMO, id still feel ravenous

sometimes I can stick to my calorie goal, untill I take my meds at 8pm, then by 9-10 I can feel like I havnt eaten for fricken ever and devour a zillion things

im thinking about fasting all day, and then eating like 1500 - 1700 calories at 9pm, but right now im breaking my fast at 3pm (to 11pm) and I get pretty hungry around 2pm, I cant do the normal 12pm-8pm that all the other interrmittent fasters do because of the medication hunger at night mentioned above

I did Alternate Day Fasting for over a year, and got down to 165lbs by June 2020 but by December 2020, I was still 165lbs, 6 months of a stall was discouraging for feeling like I rarely ate, so I stopped for Christmas and never got back into it, I weighed 202lbs yesterday, the 32x30 jeans I bought in November, were too tight and I split the crotch the other day when I tried to bend over LOL, so now im wearing my old 34's, glad I didnt toss them

I used to be skin and bones before a doctor put me on seroquel in like 2014ish, maybe 130lbs - 140lbs soaking wet, and I took that stupid seroquel for a whole year before I dropped it, shit was crazy town, I would take the seroquel, I would get insanley hungry, like 100x worse then the munchies, I would try to go downstairs to get food, but the drug would make me dizzy, I felt like I might tumble down the stairs, then I would proceed to toast bread and eat bread on a near infinite loop, some days I might have eaten like a whole loaf, I gained almost 100lbs in that year

--------------------
In essence, your body knows better than the experts how much salt it needs--and telling someone to restrict their salt intake is akin to telling someone to restrict their water intake when they are thirsty. It just makes no biological sense.

The salt fix -- James DiNicolantonio -- Doctor of pharmacy and cardiovascular research scientist

For most of the normies out there, an operating system is just a bootloader for Google Chrome.

:kratom:

Edited by gopher (05/01/21 08:01 AM)

OfflineAsanteA
Male User Gallery

Re: Hi. I'm very fat. Which one of you are particularly obese also? [Re: gopher]
    #27288718 - 05/01/21 08:03 AM (8 days, 51 minutes ago)

I shouldnt incite people against major meds like that but I really feel for most people, starting out on low-moderate Haldol would be preferable to starting out on Seroquel. seroquel is more effective but for most also more side-effective. People gain dozens of pounds and go diabetic on it.

Quote:

I gained almost 100lbs in that year

You hear this so often and its EXTREMELY underrated by doctors.

I consider a bit of neurologic restlessness, which SUCKS, superior over gaining 100 lbs in a year and your doc shouldnt have let it come this far.

You gained the weight of a 155mm naval artillery shell becase of a pill and you used to be thin.

--------------------

Invisible1234go
 User Gallery

Re: Hi. I'm very fat. Which one of you are particularly obese also? [Re: Asante]
    #27288787 - 05/01/21 09:37 AM (7 days, 23 hours ago)

I weigh about 210/205 on a good day, and I'm 5'10" ...

Just did a calculation online, and I have a BMI right around 30...fuck.

I'm working on it...gut and chesticles.

OfflineAsanteA
Male User Gallery

Re: Hi. I'm very fat. Which one of you are particularly obese also? [Re: 1234go]
    #27288819 - 05/01/21 10:00 AM (7 days, 22 hours ago)

Imagine holding 33lbs of water :cookiemonster:

--------------------

Invisible1234go
 User Gallery

#27288828 - 05/01/21 10:11 AM (7 days, 22 hours ago)

Yeah, I really need to do some revaluation of my habits.

I have hypothyroidism, too... which makes it even harder to keep weight off.  I'm sure it's mostly beer, but I know I'm eating too much starchy, and fatty foods... and not enough vegetables.  Especially greens...

OfflineAsanteA
Male User Gallery

Re: Hi. I'm very fat. Which one of you are particularly obese also? [Re: 1234go]
    #27288831 - 05/01/21 10:14 AM (7 days, 22 hours ago)

Hashimoto's hypothyroidism ?

Does iodine help you?

--------------------

Invisibletrees
 User Gallery

#27288832 - 05/01/21 10:14 AM (7 days, 22 hours ago)

I am really skinny like genetically like Usain Bolt skinny. I dont know how, but the staples of my diet are cheese and olive oil. I am trying to figure out why I dont store any of that fat. My body only burns fat. Even in my sleep the fats burning. My body is NOT in "prepare for famine" mode. I think that obese people have their "prepare for famine" switch turned on and there IS somehow a way to flip that switch. It's a hard switch to flip but once its flipped either way, it generally stays put.

Invisible1234go
 User Gallery

#27288847 - 05/01/21 10:28 AM (7 days, 22 hours ago)

Quote:

Asante said:

Does iodine help you?

From what I've read, yeah...iodine is something I should be getting more of.

Onlinegopher
Egg hatcher
I'm a teapot

Re: Hi. I'm very fat. Which one of you are particularly obese also? [Re: trees]
    #27288857 - 05/01/21 10:39 AM (7 days, 22 hours ago)

Quote:

trees said:My body is NOT in "prepare for famine" mode. I think that obese people have their "prepare for famine" switch turned on and there IS somehow a way to flip that switch. It's a hard switch to flip but once its flipped either way, it generally stays put.

Thats The Thrifty Gene Hypothesis and its flawed logic according to my book, ill check how long the explanation is and if its only a page or two I will type it out

--------------------
In essence, your body knows better than the experts how much salt it needs--and telling someone to restrict their salt intake is akin to telling someone to restrict their water intake when they are thirsty. It just makes no biological sense.

The salt fix -- James DiNicolantonio -- Doctor of pharmacy and cardiovascular research scientist

For most of the normies out there, an operating system is just a bootloader for Google Chrome.

OfflineAsanteA
Male User Gallery

Re: Hi. I'm very fat. Which one of you are particularly obese also? [Re: 1234go] * 1
    #27288864 - 05/01/21 10:51 AM (7 days, 22 hours ago)

Quote:

1234go said:
Quote:

Asante said:

Does iodine help you?

Try that!  A kelp supplement is the cheapest supplement there is, basically a bit of dried seaweed pressed to a pill and it has your iodide.

You could even buy Potassium Iodide and make blotter of it, 150mcg is all you need so a gram does 7500 doses.

If you dissolve 0.1 gram of KI in a eyedropper bottle containing 25ml of booze, 1 drop = 1 dose.

--------------------

InvisibleStudy The CNS
Anecdotal Subtext

#27288875 - 05/01/21 11:02 AM (7 days, 21 hours ago)

Quote:

Asante said:

Imagine Potassium-sparing Diuretics, A.

Onlinegopher
Egg hatcher
I'm a teapot

Re: Hi. I'm very fat. Which one of you are particularly obese also? [Re: gopher]
    #27288921 - 05/01/21 11:43 AM (7 days, 21 hours ago)

Quote:

The Thrifty-Gene Hypothesis

The first attempt to explain the genetic basis of obesity was the thrifty-gene hypothesis, which became popular in the 1970's/ This hypothesis assumes that all humans are evolutionary predisposed to gain weight as a survival mechanism.

The argument goes something like this: In the Paleolithic times, food was scarce and difficult to obtain. Hunger is one of the most powerful and basic of human instincts. The thrifty gene compels us to eat as much as possible, and this genetic predisposition to gain weight had a survival advantage. Increasing the body's food stores (fat) permitted longer survival during times of scarce or no food. Those who tended to burn the calories instead of storing them were selectively wiped out. However, the thrifty gene is ill adapted to the modern day all-you-can-eat world, as it causes weight gain and obesity. But we are simply following our gentic urge to gain fat.

Like a decomposing watermelon, this hypothesis seems quite reasonable on the surface. Cut a little deeper, and you find the rotten core. This theory has long ceased to be taken seriously. However, it is still mentioned in the media, and so its flaws bear some examination. The most obvious problem is that survival in the wild depends on not being underweight or overweight. A fat animal is slower and less agile than its leaner brethren. Predators would preferentially eat the fatter prey ove the harder-to-catch, lean prey. By the same token, fat predators would find it much more difficult to catch lean and swift prey. Body fatness does not aleays provide a survival advantage, but instead can be a serious disadvantage. How many times have you seen a fat zebra of gazelle on the National Geographic channel? What about fat lions or tigers?

The assumption that humans are genetically predisposed to over-eat is incorrect. Just as there are hormonal signals of hunger, there are multiple hormones that tell us when we're full and stop us from over-eating. Consider the all-you-can-eat buffet. It is impossible to simply eat and eat without stopping because we get "full." Continuing to eat may make us become sick and throw up. There is no genetic predisposition to overeating. There is, instead, a powerful built-in protection against it.

The thrifty-gene hypothosis assumes chronic food shortages prevented obesity. However, msny traditional societies had plentiful food year round. For example, the Tokelau, a remote tribe in the South Pacific, lived on coconut, breadfruit and fish, which were available year round. Regardless, obesity was unknown among them until the onset of industrialization and the Westernization of their traditional diet. Even in modern-day North America, widespread famine has been uncommon since the Great Depression. Yet the growth of obesity has only happened since the 1970s.

In wild animals, morbid obesity is rare, even with an abundance of food, except when it is part of the normal life cycle, as with hibernating animals. Abundant food leads to a rise in the numbers of animals, not an enormous increase in their size. Think about rats and cockroaches. When food is scarce, rat populations are low. When food is plentiful, rat populations explode. There are many more normal-sized rats, not the same amount of morbidly obese rats.

There is no survival advantage to carrying a very high body-fat percentage. A male marathon runner may have 5 to 11 percent body fat. This amount provides enough energy to survive for more than a month without eating. Certain animals fatten regularly. For instance, bears routinely gain weight before hibernation -- and they do so without illness. Humans, though, do not hibernate. There is an important difference between being fat and being obese. Obesity is the state of being fat to the point of having detrimental health consequences. Bears, along with whales, walruses and other fat animals are fat, but not obese, since they suffer no health consequences. They are in fact genetically programmed to become fat. We aren't. In humans, evolution did not favour obesity, but rather, leanness.

--------------------

Edited by gopher (05/01/21 11:46 AM)

OfflineAsanteA
Male User Gallery

Re: Hi. I'm very fat. Which one of you are particularly obese also? [Re: Study The CNS]
    #27288924 - 05/01/21 11:45 AM (7 days, 21 hours ago)

Quote:

Study The CNS said:
Quote:

Asante said:

Imagine Potassium-sparing Diuretics, A.

Imagine me on them for days now and they barely get anything done so me using other tactics to help them in the excretion process.

--------------------

OfflineTinyBee
Stranger
    #27288930 - 05/01/21 11:52 AM (7 days, 21 hours ago)

I am not obese, just overweight.  I am 5 foot 6 and weigh roughly 72 kg.  My scale isn't working properly though so my weight might be off.

I have been trying to lose weight, and I do this by cutting calories (instead of ramping up exercise).

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit! Flag
    #27288932 - 05/01/21 11:53 AM (7 days, 21 hours ago)

Just checking in. I'm at 290, currently.

Sorry to hear about your recent health issues. I hope you can get it under control soon, Asante.

InvisibleStudy The CNS
Anecdotal Subtext

#27288940 - 05/01/21 11:56 AM (7 days, 20 hours ago)

Hmmm. Well, if you already combined Aradicaps with Spironolactone + you've been creative with the amount and frequency, it sounds like you know what you need to do. Lasix is stronger, but can cause SERIOUS health issues if you aren't watching Potassium, Magnesium, Sodium, and perhaps even Calcium levels --- constantly. If you have a contact who knows an IFBB pro, he/she might be able to offer you some new options. I would stick to only water and maybe some Gatorade for beverages for the next several weeks. Replace all meats with Avocados sprinkled with spicy red pepper oil and a dash of vinegar. No salt --- unless the diuretic situation requires it. If you have $250usd, I know "of" a IFBB coach who can probably offer you better common-'sense' advice. You can reach him online by joining the Enhanced Athlete Inner Circle, but he'll be slightly pissed off at you for not following your own guidance first.

OfflineOvoidhunter
Buttery Crescent
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Hi. I'm very fat. Which one of you are particularly obese also? [Re: Study The CNS] * 1
    #27288962 - 05/01/21 12:13 PM (7 days, 20 hours ago)

I'm a healthy 155lbs. Decently in shape.

OfflinemickS
living in perverty
 User Gallery

#27288996 - 05/01/21 12:34 PM (7 days, 20 hours ago)

Quote:

Asante said:
Quote:

1234go said:
Quote:

Asante said:

Does iodine help you?

Try that!  A kelp supplement is the cheapest supplement there is, basically a bit of dried seaweed pressed to a pill and it has your iodide.

You could even buy Potassium Iodide and make blotter of it, 150mcg is all you need so a gram does 7500 doses.

If you dissolve 0.1 gram of KI in a eyedropper bottle containing 25ml of booze, 1 drop = 1 dose.

Can I ask what is your experience with Hashimotos?

I have not heard anything about Iodine supplements, don’t people usually just supplement with Thyroid pills, such as desiccated thyroid?

--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

ChrisWho said: "It's all about the journey, not the destination."

OfflineTinyBee
Stranger
Re: Hi. I'm very fat. Which one of you are particularly obese also? [Re: mick]
    #27289026 - 05/01/21 12:57 PM (7 days, 19 hours ago)

Ok, this might sound a bit drastic, but have you considered swallowing a parasite?  Apparently a "suitable" parasite will suck up all your excess calories and you lose weight without having to lift a finger.

Of course, it's a very gross thought, and I personally would never try it, I mean I am fat but I am not that fat.  I am  not desperate enough.  But for people who are like truly obese, people who have tried literally everything but nothing's worked, maybe they should consider this. 

And I personally would advise against taking supplements.  I don't think they work and they just pose as a burden on one's liver an kidneys.  The body has to work hard to eliminate these things that are essentially drugs of some kind.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Edibles   Amazon Scales

Community >> The Pub