Home | Community | Message Board

North Spore
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleveggieM

Loc: Flag
I took hallucinogenic mushrooms and made billions off Bitcoin * 2
    #27284028 - 04/27/21 05:12 PM (9 days, 22 hours ago)

I took hallucinogenic mushrooms and made billions off Bitcoin
New York Post - April 27, 2021

Super Mario isn’t the only one who consumes mushrooms to get more coins.

A German investor who made billions off of Bitcoin and other ventures has shared the secret to his success: tripping on mushrooms.

Shrooms were “the single most meaningful thing I’ve ever done in my whole life,” said Christian Angermayer, 43, who’s made boatloads investing in new-frontier enterprises from cryptocurrency and space travel to life extension, Bloomberg reported.

This past year alone, Angermayer’s asset-management firm Apeiron Investment Group helped seven companies go public, raising more than $1 billion combined.

New additions to the mushroom-munching businessman’s portfolio include Compass Pathways, a pharmaceutical startup aiming to synthesize a depression drug from psilocybin, the psychoactive compound in magic mushrooms. The company’s stock has doubled since it went public in September.

Putting stock in hallucinogens might sound like a half-baked scheme, but Angermayer credits psychedelics with his trip to the top.

A lifelong straight-edge guy, the finance whiz was first introduced to shrooms by British neuroscientist David Nutt, who claimed the psychotropic fungi are the least dangerous of all drugs.

Angermayer was determined to try shrooms for himself, so he went on a “trip” in the Caribbean (where magic mushrooms are legal) with a couple of close friends in 2015.

The experience was revelatory. During that moment of profound self-insight and ego-quieting, Angermayer claimed he “finally understood Bitcoin.”

Shrooms may not have imbued Angermayer with “Lucy”-esque mind powers, but he does possess an uncanny knack for “recognizing trends early,” according to fellow billionaire Peter Thiel.

Bloomberg even called him the “embodiment of the new-new era of investing where once-futuristic concepts are landing funding and stocks surge on a whiff of hope.”

A man of many interests, Angermayer has also produced 21 movies, including last year’s Marcel Marceau biopic, “Resistance.”

Not all the shroom trustee’s investments have turned to gold. Stock prices of personalized cancer drug researcher Sensei Biotherapeutics, which actress Uma Thurman is reportedly also an investor in, plummeted 30% since its initial public offering in February.

The financial Kreskin also brokered some less-than-stellar deals, including one between SoftBank and German finance firm Wirecard, after which the latter went belly up amid fraud accusations, Yahoo News reported. The Wirecard scandal reportedly involved a friend whom Angermayer had helped get on the board at Deutsche Bank, according to the report.

While there hasn’t been explicit research as to whether mushrooms can help people become investment wizards, microdoses of hallucinogens have been shown to reduce the effects of ailments ranging from depression to Alzheimer’s. As such, many states are working toward decriminalizing that class of drug. Oregon was the first to legalize psilocybin mental-health treatments, in a law passed in November that also made small amounts of all drugs punishable by only a fine.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisiblePsicomvb
Male User Gallery

Re: I took hallucinogenic mushrooms and made billions off Bitcoin [Re: veggie] * 1
    #27284801 - 04/28/21 09:52 AM (9 days, 5 hours ago)

:noway:
I loathe these articles like crazy.  Take mushrooms, make money, be a better worker bee!  mushrooms = better financial opportunities! gross

These substances aren't even understood yet...we are missing the mark by focusing on getting rich off it.  And the sad thing is the only way it'll be legalized in America is when the rich have figured out how to cash in on it, which in turn limits opportunities for regular people who don't have indispensable wealth.

Edited by Psicomvb (04/28/21 09:57 AM)

OfflineVP123
Strange
Male

Loc: Midwest
Re: I took hallucinogenic mushrooms and made billions off Bitcoin [Re: Psicomvb]
    #27284898 - 04/28/21 11:13 AM (9 days, 4 hours ago)

The title of this article is click bait. And the last paragraph tries very hard to connect a totally different topic.

Imagine writing this as:

"I poop every morning and made billions off bitcoin"

"General ramble about rich guy goes here."

"While there has been no research as to pooping every morning can make one rich, it is ineffable that pooping everyday has tremendous benefits to body and mind."

Edited by VP123 (04/28/21 11:29 AM)

Offlinedurian_2008
Cornucopian Eating an Elephant
 User Gallery

Re: I took hallucinogenic mushrooms and made billions off Bitcoin [Re: VP123]
    #27285568 - 04/28/21 09:06 PM (8 days, 18 hours ago)

I felt that, historically, the rich would have used the services of magicians, in private.

They would have told their competition in the lower, social strata that it was Satanic.

Angermayer seems to have leveraged information, gained in a visionary state, for his own good - rather than working for the typical, white-slaver/employer.

He has freely and of his own accord told the skeptics, here, how to help themselves, should they choose to follow.

Usually, there are thrillseekers and lifelong victims in perpetual need of emotional release. Go ahead.

Usually, noone can tell us any actionable information, which was gained from a purposeful trip on drugs. 

In my religious tradition, we were told to test the spirits.

OfflineUniverse
Friend

Re: I took hallucinogenic mushrooms and made billions off Bitcoin [Re: durian_2008]
    #27285801 - 04/29/21 12:21 AM (8 days, 15 hours ago)

In 2019 my older son (23 at the time) was on my ass about buying bitcoin. Telling me I'm gonna miss out on a fortune. One night I was drunk and to shut him up I bought $1K of bitcoin. It went up. Over the next few weeks, when it was late and I was drinking,  I spent a total of 5K and ended up with .62 bitcoin. After that it went down and I stopped checking the account.

It's worth over $35K right now. Thank you, son! When bitcoin hits a million I'll consider cashing in and taking away my $620K. All because i was drunk back in 2019 and I spent 5k.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service