Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineDabadava
Za-gor-te-nay
Loc: Croatia Flag
Mycelium Based Food
    #27281097 - 04/25/21 06:51 AM (11 days, 1 hour ago)

I am planning to start experimenting with Aspergillus oryzae and Rhizopus oligosporus on one side and Pleurotus or some other fast colonizing mushroom strain. I'm just a little bit worried about workspace and contaminations. Is it possible to work with molds and mushroom strains in the same space or should I stick just to one of them? :confused:
My space is a 40sq m (430 sq feet) basement separated into lab, incubation, and growing room.
The plan is to grow aerial mycelium in small chambers and also lc mycelium and make some mycelium meat.:crazy2:

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleJake McBaked
Powered by ATP

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Cascadia
Re: Mycelium Based Food [Re: Dabadava]
    #27282783 - 04/26/21 04:29 PM (9 days, 16 hours ago)

I have a couple friends that have gotten into using Koji/Aspergillus oryzae with batches of miso going in their basement. Between their experiences and what I've read from Sandor Katz in their book "The Art of Fermentation" is that when you work with Koji it gets everywhere (presented as a benefit if you do a lot of Koji projects). I have no experience with Koji myself but I would definitely keep that in a seperate area of my house. I think ultimately your own clean technique and ability to partition seperate space in your basement could make it possible but probably a lot of work.

OfflineDabadava
Za-gor-te-nay
Loc: Croatia Flag
Re: Mycelium Based Food [Re: Jake McBaked]
    #27283901 - 04/27/21 03:06 PM (8 days, 17 hours ago)

Yea, I hope if I grow koji in an lc that will apparently eliminate spores in the air. Or am I wrong?
Probably the more issues with spores I could expect with rhizopus in monotub chamber. Thing is that chamber will be sealed and in darkness to prevent fruiting and make it behave like it's in substrate with high CO2 to suffocate it and grow aerial mycelium, and humidity to keep the turgor pressure great so it can rise.
I’m completely experimenting here and any suggestions would be much appreciated!

InvisibleJake McBaked