Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleRogerTheRetard
Overlord

Loc: Auckland, NZ Flag
First ever New Zealand Psilocybe papuana collection! Found in Bay of Plenty, New Zealand * 1
    #27277212 - 04/21/21 05:30 PM (2 years, 11 months ago)

Hi guys. Fucking glad 2 b bak am I right!!!
:borat:

I'm proud to report the newest edition to the New Zealand Psilocybe collective, Psilocybe papuana...

The patch was found originally in February, 2021 by a person who wishes to remain anonymous...
The patch was then passed on to shroomery user "angulospora" by the anonymous person.

Here are shroomery user angulospora's pictures of Psilocybe papuana that I have gone ahead and posted on his behalf...

--------------------
:hitler::mushroom2:angulospora:heart:subaeruginosa:heart:subsecotioides:heart:tasmaniana:mushroom2::hitler:

Edited by RogerTheRetard (04/24/21 10:29 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineobtuse
myco0
I'm a teapot

Loc: tasmania Flag
Trusted Identifier
Re: Undetermined Section Zapotecorum Psilocybe found in Bay of Plenty, New Zeland [Re: RogerTheRetard] * 1
    #27278621 - 04/22/21 08:59 PM (2 years, 11 months ago)

Really looking forward to seeing updates on this.

really exciting.

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery
Trusted Identifier
Re: Undetermined Section Zapotecorum Psilocybe found in Bay of Plenty, New Zeland [Re: RogerTheRetard] * 1
    #27278725 - 04/22/21 11:14 PM (2 years, 11 months ago)

Neat find!  Is anyone going to take a look at these?

InvisibleRogerTheRetard
Overlord

Re: Undetermined Section Zapotecorum Psilocybe found in Bay of Plenty, New Zeland [Re: Alan Rockefeller] * 1
    #27278918 - 04/23/21 05:43 AM (2 years, 11 months ago)

:coolcat:

--------------------
:hitler::mushroom2:angulospora:heart:subaeruginosa:heart:subsecotioides:heart:tasmaniana:mushroom2::hitler:

Edited by RogerTheRetard (04/24/21 10:26 AM)

InvisibleRogerTheRetard
Overlord

Re: Undetermined Section Cordisporae Psilocybe found in Bay of Plenty, New Zeland [Re: RogerTheRetard] * 1
    #27278945 - 04/23/21 06:18 AM (2 years, 11 months ago)

Updated my master list...

PSILOCYBIN MUSHROOMS OF NEW ZEALAND

- Gymnopilus luteofolius
- Gymnopilus purpuratus
- Gymnopilus sp. (Species not yet determined...)
Not much is actually known about the psilocybin containing Gymnopilus mushrooms in NZ. They are not well enough documented...

- Panaeolopsis nirimbii

- Panaeolus cinctulus
- Panaeolus olivaceus

- Pluteus velutinornatus

- Psilocybe allenii
- Psilocybe alutacea
- Psilocybe angulospora
- Psilocybe aucklandiae
- Psilocybe cyanescens
- Psilocybe fimetaria
- Psilocybe makarorae
- Psilocybe papuana
- Psilocybe semilanceata
- Psilocybe subaeruginosa
- Psilocybe 'subsecotioides'
- Psilocybe tasmaniana
- Psilocybe weraroa

--------------------

Edited by RogerTheRetard (04/24/21 10:41 AM)

OfflineAnglerfishM
hearing things
Male User Gallery

Loc: Norvegr Flag
Trusted Identifier
    #27278956 - 04/23/21 06:36 AM (2 years, 11 months ago)

Can't wait to see what this might turn out to be!

Is the sect. Zapotecorum identification based on micro characters like size and shape of spores and cystidia?

On a side note, I also think it's high time to get some sequences of P. aucklandiae. I believe I have already aired my suspicions about
it being a close relative to P. caerulescens.

--------------------

InvisibleRogerTheRetard
Overlord

Re: Undetermined Section Zapotecorum Psilocybe found in Bay of Plenty, New Zeland [Re: Anglerfish] * 1
    #27278959 - 04/23/21 06:38 AM (2 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Anglerfish said:
Can't wait to see what this might turn out to be!

Me and you both brother!!!

Quote:

Anglerfish said:
Is the sect. Zapotecorum identification based on micro characters like size and shape of spores and cystidia?

Uncertain, let us just wait for the original collector, "angulospora" to chime in and give us some more details...

OfflineAnglerfishM
hearing things
Male User Gallery

Loc: Norvegr Flag
Trusted Identifier
    #27279032 - 04/23/21 08:19 AM (2 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

RogerTheRetard said:
Quote:

Anglerfish said:

Uncertain, let us just wait for the original collector, "angulospora" to chime in and give us some more details...

I checked in Guzman's "Psilocybe", which says the following on sect. Zapotecorum:

"Thin walled (no more than 0.5 μm thick) subellipsoid, subrhomboid or subfusiform spores.
Pleurocystidia hyaline or somewhat brownish, or they are absent. Subtropical or temperate widespread species."

--------------------

InvisibleNZelle
Stranger Things
Female

Loc: New Zealand
Re: Undetermined Section Zapotecorum Psilocybe found in Bay of Plenty, New Zeland [Re: Anglerfish] * 1
    #27279192 - 04/23/21 11:39 AM (2 years, 11 months ago)

Not vsure what section it is, a couple of things were thrown around and Zapotecorum sort of floated to the top. I want to say more but we'll have to wait and see. And maybe let the really nice person who found them post the photos. They might get put off sharing stuff anywhere then no more info.
But it is super exciting, I'd like to go see them soon.

--------------------

InvisibleinskiM
Cortinariologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: Undetermined Section Zapotecorum Psilocybe found in Bay of Plenty, New Zeland [Re: Alan Rockefeller] * 3
    #27279272 - 04/23/21 12:49 PM (2 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Alan Rockefeller said:

I looked at them, it's a good microscopic match with the published description for Psilocybe papuana.

--------------------

Offlineobtuse
myco0
I'm a teapot

Loc: tasmania Flag
Trusted Identifier
Re: Undetermined Section Zapotecorum Psilocybe found in Bay of Plenty, New Zeland [Re: inski] * 1
    #27279736 - 04/23/21 08:07 PM (2 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

inski said:
Quote:

Alan Rockefeller said:

I looked at them, it's a good microscopic match with the published description for Psilocybe papuana.

Cheers for the feedback on this Inski.

InvisibleRogerTheRetard
Overlord

Re: Undetermined Section Cordisporae Psilocybe found in Bay of Plenty, New Zeland [Re: obtuse] * 1
    #27279738 - 04/23/21 08:09 PM (2 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

inski said:
Quote:

Alan Rockefeller said:

inski!!! LONG TIME...

Fucking so glad to see you my brother!!!
:hatsoff:

That means this collection is Sect. Cordisporae NOT Sect. Zapotecorum...

--------------------

InvisibleMycoanguloDiscord

Loc: Flag
Re: Undetermined Section Cordisporae Psilocybe found in Bay of Plenty, New Zeland [Re: RogerTheRetard] * 1
    #27279782 - 04/23/21 08:44 PM (2 years, 11 months ago)

I think that it would be fair to the person who first found these mushrooms to credit them, although anonymously.

While I am very appreciative of the work Angulospora has done since being told of the location, it was someone else who originally found this strange psychoactive mushroom in february, and if they read about their find at some point I think they should see that they are given credit for  finding these significant mushrooms originally.

They then left the area and very kindly handed the location to Angulospora, who has been an excellent guardian of this important find.

--------------------

InvisibleRogerTheRetard
Overlord

Re: Undetermined Section Cordisporae Psilocybe found in Bay of Plenty, New Zeland [Re: Mycoangulo] * 1
    #27279787 - 04/23/21 08:47 PM (2 years, 11 months ago)

Thank you for chiming in Mycoangulo. Missed ya!
:hug:

--------------------

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery
Trusted Identifier
    #27279925 - 04/24/21 12:52 AM (2 years, 11 months ago)

Inocybe calamistratoides is in Inosperma now, and nothing in Inosperma contains psilocybin.

Quote:

Anglerfish said:
I checked in Guzman's "Psilocybe", which says the following on sect. Zapotecorum:

"Thin walled (no more than 0.5 μm thick) subellipsoid, subrhomboid or subfusiform spores.
Pleurocystidia hyaline or somewhat brownish, or they are absent. Subtropical or temperate widespread species."

What they meant with the brownish pleurocystidia is that Psilocybe zapotecorum contains pseudocystidia, which is grey and arises from the lamellar trama rather than the subhymenium. 

Quote:

RogerTheRetard said:

It doesn't mean that.  Microscopic features aren't a very good way to place Psilocybe species in sections - Guzman was only correct 50% of the time using that method.

InvisibleRogerTheRetard
Overlord

Re: Undetermined Section Cordisporae Psilocybe found in Bay of Plenty, New Zeland [Re: Alan Rockefeller] * 1
    #27279935 - 04/24/21 01:04 AM (2 years, 11 months ago)

Okay then Alan right you are, I suppose we can't say for sure what Section this Undetermined Psilocybe species is in then...

Since inski looked at it, I'm assuming this is Psilocybe papuana or something similar.
:shrug:

--------------------

Offlineangulospora
Voyager
 User Gallery

Re: Undetermined Section Zapotecorum Psilocybe found in Bay of Plenty, New Zeland [Re: Alan Rockefeller] * 1
    #27279956 - 04/24/21 01:27 AM (2 years, 11 months ago)

Hi Alan, I was given your address by a friend and have sent you a spore print and some dried cap segments in the mail. I included an email address you can use to contact me directly if you need any more information or samples.

InvisibleRogerTheRetard
Overlord

Re: Undetermined Section Zapotecorum Psilocybe found in Bay of Plenty, New Zeland [Re: angulospora] * 1
    #27279959 - 04/24/21 01:29 AM (2 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

angulospora said:
Hi Alan, I was given your address by a friend and have sent you a spore print and some dried cap segments in the mail. I included an email address you can use to contact me directly if you need any more information or samples.

Good man!!!
:fuckyeah:

--------------------

InvisibleMycoanguloDiscord

Loc: Flag
    #27280014 - 04/24/21 02:50 AM (2 years, 11 months ago)

Does anyone have any information about what section Section Cordisporae is?

Not very much comes up in an initial google search.

--------------------

InvisibleRogerTheRetard
Overlord

Re: Undetermined Section Cordisporae Psilocybe found in Bay of Plenty, New Zeland [Re: Alan Rockefeller] * 1
    #27280017 - 04/24/21 02:53 AM (2 years, 11 months ago)

Psilocybe papuana is in sect. Cordisporae, and this collection is most likely Psilocybe papuana.
Still consider Alan's words tho. We don't actually know what Sect. this collection is in for sure...
Quote:

Alan Rockefeller said:
Quote:

RogerTheRetard said:

It doesn't mean that.  Microscopic features aren't a very good way to place Psilocybe species in sections - Guzman was only correct 50% of the time using that method.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale