Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

Loc: Rugby, England
Ashtrays First Grow Journal
    #27269007 - 03/25/21 02:28 PM (3 years, 4 days ago)

So the day no one but me was waiting for has finally arrived. Midwestgrowkits finally sent me their ecosphere system to check out and I have to admit, it was way too expensive lol. But i am very happy with what I got. I also got a random shipment I wasnt expecting from ancientpathnaturals of a couple different kinds of their substrates. I also got 12 jars and 2 more spawn bags and 2 more casing bags from midwest. Ill be inoculating several of these bags today.

I didnt end up using most of the stuff that came in the kit. All i ended up setting up is the included computer fan as a FAE device. Its on a timer that will be set based off of need when some trays/jars are ready for fruiting. Im also going to cut some holes to install filters to create an upscaled monotub concept. What do yall think?
I also have a space heater pointed towards the whole thing on low cuz its a bit cold in my room and its keeping the temp constant without drying anything out.

EDIT: Im typing out the actual review now, this isnt that lol

--------------------
(You Know What Time It Is)
Major Issues in the Psychedelic Movement: https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/27677086:elmo:
"You never have to prove the fool a fool, just let them speak."
Please, be an adult. Get vaccinated. Dont use psychedelics as an excuse. Dont come at me with some hippy dippy nonsense, GO GET VACCINATED.
Be Gay, Do Crime 161 1312

Edited by Ashtray161 (05/17/21 09:37 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

Re: Grow Journal/Ecosphere Grow System Review [Re: Ashtray161]
    #27269041 - 03/25/21 02:52 PM (3 years, 4 days ago)

it def makes me feel more legit lmao. I also feel like itll be a lot easier to keep that area clean in my dirty ass room

The wet spots are just isopropyl that I sprayed tf down in there thats already evaporated

--------------------
Major Issues in the Psychedelic Movement: https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/27677086:elmo:
Please, be an adult. Get vaccinated. Dont use psychedelics as an excuse. Dont come at me with some hippy dippy nonsense, GO GET VACCINATED.

Edited by Ashtray161 (03/25/21 02:53 PM)

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27269071 - 03/25/21 03:24 PM (3 years, 4 days ago)

3/25 8 BRF jars inoculated with Huatla and 4 BRF jars with Burma cubies. Gonna innoc all that grain when my next round of spores arrive which could be tomorrow but likely will be on Saturday or Monday.

Will my spawn bags be ok in the 78 degree grow area or shld I put them in the fridge til im ready to stick em?

Also so these bags dont have a self healing innoc point, what do I do when I onnoc? Just put tape over where I poke the bag?

Edited by Ashtray161 (03/25/21 05:50 PM)

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27271109 - 03/27/21 12:37 AM (3 years, 3 days ago)

3/26: Alright folks so I was having a problem with my temps dropping down to 60F or lower at night so Ive upgraded the grow a bit with a heating element attached to a monitor that turns it on or off to keep the temp at exactly 78F in the grow tent. I also put in a small computer fan attached to a 12/12 timer. I have it going on for 30 mins off for an hour to help circulate the hot air and to provide some FAE.
I birthed 2 cakes that had pinned early due to bacteria I believe. I have them dunked right now and a small shoe box chamber to fruit them in tomorrow. I opted for the small shoebox to isolate them from the rest of the cakes that will be birthed in the next week or two. There wasnt much uncolinized BRF so I just rubbed off the uncolonized stuff and threw them in their bath. Its one Amazonian and one Ecuadorian strain. Hopefully theyll still fruit ok.
Inoculated 12 more jars yesterday, so I now have a total of 30 jars. 4 different strains. Waiting for my spores to arrive and then I have 6 grain bags to inoculate

(Its just a space heater xD)

IMHO my setup is starting to look pretty good >:) Not that anyone cares but I guess im using this as a journal so ill tell you anyway, I also ordered a glove box today thats pretty neat-o, its inflatable! Its a stupid gadget but itll be really useful to me cuz of how small of a space im working with and how much im trying to do w it

I have to admit ive been having a LOT of fun with all these grow kits and their little quirks but i have spent SO MUCH MONEY its stupid. Close to $700 USD (thank you stimulus check) including the gadgets and spores. Im never ordering a grow kit again after this is over and done with xD

--------------------

Edited by Ashtray161 (03/27/21 01:52 AM)

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27277561 - 04/21/21 11:34 PM (2 years, 11 months ago)

Hey all! Wish I could of updated this as everything was going down but hey, i couldnt. Heres some pics of what you missed while shit was down thou!

--------------------

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27277566 - 04/21/21 11:38 PM (2 years, 11 months ago)

Also my workspace has evolved quite a bit. Let me know if u have any questions or suggestions about my set up:

--------------------

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27279824 - 04/23/21 09:28 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Alrighty, spawning spawning spawning gettin shoeboxes out like crazy.
Tonight im doing at least 1 more hulta and 1 more burma which will make a total of 6 fruiting/consolidating. Some of the grain jars are almost done, i think i can do at least 2 shoeboxes per big ol grain jar so that should be another 18. Niiiice.

--------------------

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27281061 - 04/25/21 03:57 AM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Hey All! Just wanted to give a quick update w some pics cuuuz
I HAVE PENIS ENVY PINS! FINALLY! IT TOOK SO LONG! Im super siked.
Ive changed things up quite a bit.
I have 5 shoeboxes colonizing rn and almost rdy for fruiting and plenty of more spawn going. Moved my "clean work"space into the common area next to my room. The basement/laundry room. Making my SAB tomorrow once my 6inch hole saw shows. Put up a thing to make it look nice and keep the temp more stable. Lemme knw what u think! Also a couple stragglers coming from the cakes (3rd flush, some seem maybe bacterial) and shoebox (2nd flush, overrun w bacteria, about to toss after those dudes are done. Realized today the yellow isnt myc piss, its bacterial colonies. That sux. Prolly gonna lose the PEs after one flush too but ill be able to clone and print and move on to agar from there)
Surface conditions seem dry to me too. Im not sure why. RH is constantly 99% due to a fogger in the martha. It was too wet at one point so I turned down the fogger and now it seems kinda dry. Gonna mist after this first pin set, might experiment w adding a bit of H2O2 to help with the coming bacterial explosion im hoping wont but expecting might take this over. Good thing I have a bunch of other spawn going. APES are almost ready to be spawned to coir!! :laugh: I really really REALLY hope I won the MSS lottery and get a decent flush to clone from there.

--------------------

Edited by Ashtray161 (04/25/21 04:08 AM)

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27283747 - 04/27/21 10:42 AM (2 years, 10 months ago)

I BOUGHT A PRESSURE COOKER! MWAHAHA!
I feel great about that.
So just a quick update on the state of things, trich destroyed me. Came thru and just wiped me tf out. Still dont know if ive found every jar contamed w it yet and im worried it still may pop back up but im hoping to mayb be getting things under wraps.
I have a proper SAB, still awaiting to see if these 6 agar plates i inoculated form MSS will turn out ok or at least clean enou to transfer this time.
The pressure cooker will allow me to start doing things right and making all my own jars and the LCs.
Super siked.

--------------------

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27284626 - 04/28/21 04:04 AM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Ugh im really not sure what im doing wrong. Not a great first pinset frm the PE Uncuts but im rly happy to have some to clone at least

--------------------

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27285103 - 04/28/21 11:59 AM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Alrighty folks lots to do today!
I think my SAB is gonna work! Its still too early to tell but I think these 6 plates might actually NOT be covered in contams this time lol.
I have some transferring to do today, I had some mystery spores from someone on discord that I put to agar a while back and theres plenty of healthy myc on the plate. I also have a few PEuncut fruits coming up!! Its not the best first pinset but ill take it from MSS and premade substrate. For all the newb mistakes i made at least I have fruits to clone lol.
I have some spawn thats nearly done as well so I should have even more shoeboxes stacking up.
My new pressure cooker will be on the 3rd so thats super exciting!! Now I just need a flowhood and Ill have all the equipment I could want.

By the way, a note to the people who dont like me or value my opinion here, go fuck yourself  :smile: I could really care less what u think of me and at this point i probably dont give af about ur opinions on growing. Im sure u know what ur talking about, but theres plenty of other people who also know what theyre talking about and dont try to berate me or get a rise out of me.
The hatespeech and cyberbullying the mods allow to get away w on this site is gross and if I get banned for this itll be SO SHOWING and will let me know exactly what to do tell ppl abt shroomery so go ahead and do it for all I care. But if u dont, do not expect me to just keep kissing the ground of any TC, if someone gives me shit imma give them shit back. Ill try my best to ignore the ones Ive had problems with but if they try and reply rudely to me in a thread im just not gonna hesitate to respond. Cuz im done acting like I have nothing good to bring to the table. Im a smart kid, and im not gonna let u gaslight me into thinking otherwise.
go.fuck.your.self.

cool now thats over LOOK AT ME PENIS ENVIES!! Cant wait to get my PC (its in the mail, will b here on the 3rd) and make my own damn substrate, Im pretty sure thats whats causing these small yields. Well that among a few..maybe a few more than a few other factors. IM FIGURING IT OUT OHKAY! Lol trying to drudge thru all the bad info floating around has kinda sucked. https://imgur.com/5xnRLzA

Sorry i have to use imgur cuz the site wont let me upload any more pics this week I guess

--------------------

Edited by Ashtray161 (04/28/21 12:01 PM)

Offlinetiptrippy
The Mechanic
Male

Loc: United States Flag
    #27285126 - 04/28/21 12:19 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Hey man I'm not sure why you're so on edge. I'm curious what you mean by hate speech and bullying? I was politely trying to tell another member not to be too quick to rush and harvest his whole tub because of one members opinion. Then you for some reason got offended and started having a meltdown.

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

Re: Grow Journal/Ecosphere Grow System Review [Re: tiptrippy]
    #27289625 - 05/01/21 08:45 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

I will one day look back on this and be like, oh yea, this is when I figured out why everyone was telling me to do agar

--------------------

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27291834 - 05/03/21 10:39 AM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Burmas are popping up fast!! :laugh:

--------------------

OfflineSockadin
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #27291979 - 05/03/21 12:31 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

I just want to know more about the chicken suit in the closet.

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

Re: Grow Journal/Ecosphere Grow System Review [Re: Sockadin]
    #27291994 - 05/03/21 12:45 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Sockadin said:
I just want to know more about the chicken suit in the closet.

Dont worry about it :didnazithatcoming::antifascist::cool:

Lol ive worn a variety of outfits to counter protests xD

--------------------

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27292033 - 05/03/21 01:19 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

First couple Huautla fruits <3
I mistakenly called these Burmas earlier.

--------------------

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27293079 - 05/03/21 09:31 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Alright, alright. These pinsets are getting a bit better.
Still not great but im getting there.
Hopefully I can dial it in and get a decent 2nd flush too. Im a lot happier with this than my last go thou and progress is good :smile:

Hualata 1st Flush
MSS>BRF>Coir&Verm Unmodded Shoebox. Lid taken off 2nd day of pinning.

I took a couple caps into the SAB and put em on tin foil to make some prints to put on agar and try and get some better genetics

--------------------

Edited by Ashtray161 (05/03/21 09:37 PM)

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27294153 - 05/04/21 02:53 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

So just a small update on all the equipment ive received in the last 3 days.

I now have a 20something quart PC, 300 blank petri dishes, a bunch of micropore tape, sterile syringes and needles, and some modded lids for LC jars. Im doing some transfers today and did a nice harvest of Hualatas this morning.

Still not quite where I want to be but im making progress 4sure

--------------------

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27310615 - 05/16/21 01:31 AM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Ahhh, thats looking a bit better.
Ill write up a whole update soon but big things are happen bois.. big things. it is said the strange albino penises are near. :freewilly: :mushroom:  :scaryshroom:  :trippinballs:  :sporedrop:  :tripnoob:

Its crazy to think this journey of mine is only 51 days old!!

--------------------

Edited by Ashtray161 (05/16/21 01:33 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate