Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon Agar, Autoclave, Hot Plate, Petri Dish, Pressure Cooker, Rye Grain

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineChemike
 User Gallery

Trying to grow; Tuber melanosporum and Tuber borchii and Tuber magnatum
    #27270447 - 03/26/21 05:13 PM (1 month, 9 days ago)

Hello,

I am doing an experiment. I believe, as with Amanita muscaria which I am also trying to grow, you need to add xylitol to the substrate for fruits to initiate. I did research and xylitol seems to be the common compound in the symbiotic relationship to the fungus and tree. Also muscimol and xylitol both have the five member carbon chain as if xylitol is used for production of those compounds. (In relation to Amanita muscaria). Unfortunately my Amanita m. isn't growing from spores on my petri dishes, but I have good news and my Tuber borchii is growing on all plates, from a tissue piece I placed on each. I am also doing the same with with my black truffles I got today. I have a bunch of pictures to show. The picture with the sprouts supposedly contains white truffle mycelium and the growth around the seed looks similar to the Tuber borchii mycelium. Very exciting !

I will be eventually inoculating rye grain with my 4% honey solution that contains the mycelium (that is what the picture shows-ready for sterilization in my autoclave/pressure cooker!) The rye grain contains and was prepared with 0.5% xylitol and a small amount of some yeast nutrient added. Hopefully the experiment goes well and my hypothesis is correct. I also added rockwood cubes in the centre of the rye grain bag to soak up the solution of 0.5%xylitol and can inject more sterile solution in the area to get sucked up by it if needed.

My glove box I made:

--------------------
We are the same perception looking out, from the same elements around the universe.

We are everything to be anything to begin with.

Edited by Chemike (03/26/21 05:18 PM)

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery
Re: Trying to grow; Tuber melanosporum and Tuber borchii and Tuber magnatum [Re: Chemike]
    #27273852 - 03/29/21 01:47 AM (1 month, 7 days ago)

Amanita muscaria spores don't germinate on agar - you need to clone a fresh fruit to get it into culture.

If it's really slow you likely have the right fungus growing.  I forget if it's 1 cm per week or 1 cm per month, but it's one of the two.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon Agar, Autoclave, Hot Plate, Petri Dish, Pressure Cooker, Rye Grain

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology