Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Agar, Coir, Rye Grain, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinesemilancreator
Stranger
 User Gallery

The possible cultivation of Psilocybe Fimetaria
    #27267578 - 03/24/21 04:34 PM (1 month, 11 days ago)

This is my first post on shroomery so first let me introduce myself.

I have been interested in psychdelic fungi for a solid 10 years now. In this time I have lurked a lot on shroomery and mycotopia for info about them but never posted nor did I take any effort in growing fungi myself. I did learn a lot about ID'ing in the wild and I found liberty caps a couple of times as well as some wavy caps but nothing much apart from 1 good trip.

Now to this year with the covid I searched for a new hobby and there was mushroomgrowing and hunting again. I felt it was my year and I went out to some spots I had a good feeling about. I found a bunch of libertycaps and panaeolus cinctulus but then I found as well, rare in the world but here in Netherlands common, Psilocybe Fimetaria:

Through facebook I contacted Alan who macroscopically confirmed the find. I took around 4 good and another 4 vague prints.

I have now put one of these prints to agar (LME+yeast) in a SAB. I just made one plate just to see if the print I used had any obvious contamination issues. The plate was inoculated at the 21st of March 2021 and now the 24th I see the tinies bit of growth. I am not able to capture it well on camera but surely there is something going on.Now as soon as I am able to get a better picture and a transfer I will post it here.

I have a plan in mind to see if I can get a solid agar culture going and then to put that to a bulk of manure and straw. CaptainFuture has done a similar thing with Psilocybe Liniformans and threw this sub (which was contaminated I believe) outside in the garden and alas that year Liniformans grew in his garden. Since Liniformans and Fimetaria are so close I figure a same kind of idea will be mine. First get a substrate going and then just toss this outside to see what happens. Also I might want to try a tub and maybe some flowering pots.

However, I am a fair noob when it comes to cultivation. Although I have a ton of theory in my head a lot of practical knowledge is missing and this is where maybe some of you guys can give tips on how to approach the cultivation of this species. Right now I have done 1 succesful cubensis grow from spores (agar>rye>coir/verm monotub) and am currently trying to recreate the indoor ovoid experiment by making a 'river bank' in thaw in a tub with spawn (if this pulls off as I hope I will post on this forum) as well as some more cube and tampanensis on rye on the way. I do know how to use a PC and how to agar however thats where it basicly ends. If you have any suggestions on how to approach the cultivation of Psilocybe Fimetaria it would be greatly admired.

Thanks a lot in advance,
Semilancreator

Edited by semilancreator (03/24/21 05:15 PM)

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinesemilancreator
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: The possible cultivation of Psilocybe Fimetaria [Re: semilancreator]
    #27276666 - 03/31/21 07:03 AM (1 month, 5 days ago)

Part two of this journey:

After a good week of nice slow but steady growth I woke up to see a tiny spot turned green. Probably I coudl have noticed it earlier (I thought it was just a normal tiny white myc spot before she turned trichey on me) and I also should not have waited so long with making a transfer.

So back to step one and inoculate a new plate. The plan is to make a transfer at day 5 only two days after germination (be it that the speedrate will be the same this time) and to keep transferring every 5 days or so for 3 plates or more to see if we can get a clean culture going on. If you have any tips on transfering plates made from wild prints let me know pls.

Mush love,
Semilancreator

https://

OnlineDERRAYLD
Constructus
 User Gallery

Loc: South Africa
    #27276671 - 03/31/21 07:15 AM (1 month, 5 days ago)

Is there not a portion that can be saved and transferred further rather than starting over?
Chances are you'll get trich again due to the dirty print.

--------------------
Derrayld and out of control

Edited by DERRAYLD (03/31/21 07:15 AM)

Offlinesemilancreator
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: The possible cultivation of Psilocybe Fimetaria [Re: DERRAYLD]
    #27276691 - 03/31/21 07:52 AM (1 month, 5 days ago)

Quote:

DERRAYLD said:
Is there not a portion that can be saved and transferred further rather than starting over?
Chances are you'll get trich again due to the dirty print.

I was thinking about this but first I am a bit clumsy so I think I have a high chance of ruining my SAB if I transfer. Secondly I ve handled the plate and it even fell of its shelf once so prolly the whole inside is sporulated.
So I guess starting a new is my best guess. I still have enough prints and plates and am only 1.5 week into the project so I am not minding. Besides... this is more of an experiment/proof of concept rather than a serious grow.

Nonetheless thanks for the feedback!

Offlinesemilancreator
Stranger
 User Gallery

#27280393 - 04/24/21 02:30 PM (11 days, 18 hours ago)

Hi people,

I hope you all have survived the fallout and have now safely returned to the mothership.
In Fimetaria land we have had some developments mainly that of unwantend moulds and bacteria :smile:.

This was the plate that got trich. I made one transfer which seemed to do good for a while but suddenly developed a shine.

From this plate I took two little samples which both grew but developed some bacteria of their own.

From the first I took one transfer. From the other which had tumbled over which made the transfer "coat" the agar which resulted in multiple new spots of mycelium I took 3 transfers.
I left the one of the older plates and touched it a couple of times to introduce contamination just to see how the mycelium will fair.

For science I will let this one sit for a month or so and take another picture to see what has happened.
That was it for now. I hope you like what you see and if you have any questions or remarks let me know.

Mush love,

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Agar, Coir, Rye Grain, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology