Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblemetalfaith
Moron
Male User Gallery

Loc: FL
Let's Be Shroomy! <-- community project: a Shroomery village water well in rural Africa * 4
    #27266311 - 03/23/21 03:42 PM (3 years, 6 days ago)

Friends! Asante has fully inspired me with his generosity. I want to start a Shroomery donation chain or donation fund for the same cause, building wells for those who need clean water in Africa.

In order to provide extra incentive to donate and also a means for me to be generous, I will be matching dollar for dollar every donation made by a Shroomery member. I have a cap for this, but I would shocked if we reach the cap.

Practically speaking, I can start a gofundme and can all donate to it or we can just post screenshots of individual donations. The current charity is
https://168million.nl/

What my fellow shroomerites think?  Please post your thoughts and whether you can afford to donate any.

Matthew 10:30-31 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ 31The second is this: ]‘Love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these.”

Proverbs 19:17 whoever is kind to the poor lends to the LORD, and he will reward them for what they have done.

:aweshift: Stay Shroomy!

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Let's Be Shroomy! [Re: metalfaith] * 2
    #27266383 - 03/23/21 04:36 PM (3 years, 6 days ago)

This is a very nice and happifying vid by a charity showing what that means, a village water well for a village that had none, recommended viewing:

I wholely support this initiative and will drop $100 on it.

This is not just about helping 500-1500 people per €500/$600 water well, resulting in approx 5-15 less infant deaths per year for a period of at least 5 years, this is also about Shroomerites being moved by the community to put their money where their heart is.

Think about that. We chat, a lot gets said, but theres sayers and doers.

Whoever is moved by the community to action by this, is demonstrating community commitment as I see it, which should not go unrewarded, so I'll extend a 6 month supporter account to everyone who demonstrably drops a $50 in the yet to be built donation hat, and a 1 year supporter account if you drop a $100 on it.

If you drop a $50, and metalfaith matches it, that's 1/6 of a well right there, thats over 100 people drinking the life saving water. Thats significant!

Of course you can also choose to pay your supporter acount forward to entice another's donation.

Lets make this fun guys!

Maybe next time we pick M.A.P.S but right now this comes up so lets endorse this!

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

InvisibleQM33
(NOT A PUPPET!) ❤❤❤❤❤
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: Let's Be Shroomy! [Re: Asante]
    #27266399 - 03/23/21 04:46 PM (3 years, 6 days ago)

I got 5 on it...

Edit: wait supporter for 6 months for  50? Like for the shroomery, is that like 35 or something?

Jesus what's the website that you can get a supporter account again? I always get it confused with mycohaus.
Why is there not a link on the main page?!?!

--------------------
OmManiPadmeHum,OmManiPadmeHum, OmManiPadMeHum...
There are known knowns, there are known unknowns,
          there are also unknown unknowns.
With great privilege comes great responsibility.

Quantom Qups PROOF AND Soft Drops
Turn your Swab to a Syringe and Syringe to Multiple Syringes!
No Pours (QuantomStyal)
Magic Fruit Leather
DMT for IandI

Edited by QM33 (03/23/21 04:51 PM)

InvisiblePsicomb
shroom or die
Male User Gallery

Loc: the womb
Re: Let's Be Shroomy! [Re: QM33] * 1
    #27266446 - 03/23/21 05:26 PM (3 years, 6 days ago)

I just tried to donate €100 but it didnt process for some reason. It may take me a few days but I have been meaning to donate to an organization such as this for a while now.  Been very inspired by Asante and others and now this post too :sun:

--------------------

When we constantly pull things apart trying to see how it works, we may end up with only an understanding of how to destroy something
- nick sand

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Let's Be Shroomy! [Re: Psicomb]
    #27266557 - 03/23/21 07:09 PM (3 years, 6 days ago)

Psicombv, hold that aw4esome thought, we might get a group buy of a well, or maybe multiple wells going.

Unless you of course were aiming for somethig specific. They have a lot of good things to choose from.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Invisiblemetalfaith
Moron
Male User Gallery

#27266605 - 03/23/21 07:51 PM (3 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

Psicomvb said:
I just tried to donate €100 but it didnt process for some reason. It may take me a few days but I have been meaning to donate to an organization such as this for a while now.  Been very inspired by Asante and others and now this post too :sun:

If you wait and donate with us, Ill match your donation dollar for dollar.

If you prefer you can donate yourself just post a receipt and ill match it too. But it must be related to deep poverty like well digging. Im not funding some stupid Feeding-Hungry-Fatass-American-Kids or something.

--------------------

InvisiblePsicomb
shroom or die
Male User Gallery

Loc: the womb
Re: Let's Be Shroomy! [Re: metalfaith]
    #27266659 - 03/23/21 08:36 PM (3 years, 6 days ago)

Sorry, I guess I'm disqualified, I was gonna donate to the big mac foundation, giving every chubby child a delicious big mac :sun:

Well shoot I'm down to wait and keep talking with yall and discuss specific options.  I was trying to donate to 168million but since its European my bank wont allow it to process. I was just gonna take a screenshot.

I'm totally down to donate to a foundation for terribly impoverished regions.  I also have been considering donating to a local organization in my home state or possibly Chicago or somewhere in the US the community is poor, struggling hard, and neglected.  I'm not expecting you to match it if I donate to a cause like that; that donation would just be more personal.

--------------------

When we constantly pull things apart trying to see how it works, we may end up with only an understanding of how to destroy something
- nick sand

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#27267160 - 03/24/21 08:48 AM (3 years, 5 days ago)

I think its more important for the cause if they get $200 rather than $100 :wink:

I hope more people will chime in!

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OfflineIma TrooperS
Chilldog Extraordinaire
Male User Gallery

Loc: United States
    #27267165 - 03/24/21 08:53 AM (3 years, 5 days ago)

I will commit to donating $100. Is it selfish to superstitiously hope that some of that karma will help change my own situation? Probably, but I'm gonna hope that anyway. The important part is the money going to a good place.

Metalfaith, PM me or we'll figure something out. Maybe I can just donate directly to the 168million website and get like a receipt or something?

--------------------
"Its moving of its own accord...and I like that in a shirt!" - Me, tripping.

deCypher said:
Schizophrenia beats dining alone, you know.

OfflineIma TrooperS
Chilldog Extraordinaire
Male User Gallery

Re: Let's Be Shroomy! [Re: Ima Trooper] * 1
    #27267170 - 03/24/21 08:55 AM (3 years, 5 days ago)

Bear in mind that gofundme will take a portion of the money.

--------------------

deCypher said:

Invisiblemetalfaith
Moron
Male User Gallery

Re: Let's Be Shroomy! [Re: Ima Trooper]
    #27267210 - 03/24/21 09:51 AM (3 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

Ima Trooper said:
I will commit to donating $100. Is it selfish to superstitiously hope that some of that karma will help change my own situation? Probably, but I'm gonna hope that anyway. The important part is the money going to a good place.

Metalfaith, PM me or we'll figure something out. Maybe I can just donate directly to the 168million website and get like a receipt or something?

Very good point. I am 100% cool with anyone doing their own personal donation. Seeing as this might actually get off the ground, I will try to do some more research on specifics. I would imagine there is some platform that wont charge money...

Only potential with donating directly is it's apparently hard to donate to them directly if you're a Usa citizen, Asante said you need a wire transfer, which is like $25(if i remember correctly). If we all donate at once I will cover that cost myself, but if we all need to pay for separate wire fees than that messes up everything. I am not trying to be in control, if anyone comes up with a better way to do this practically, Im all ears.

And as promised, I will match your $100 as well. Looking like we might get a little chunk of change going here! Exciting!
:bigyesnod:

--------------------

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Let's Be Shroomy! [Re: metalfaith]
    #27267757 - 03/24/21 05:26 PM (3 years, 5 days ago)

What should the sign say?

Metalfaith, since you are matching, you should have first say in it.

If we have some spare change inbetween 2 wells, 2 particularly good investments are:

Quote:

MALARIA KIT €29 (= $35)
contains 60 treatments for malaria with 25 test kits. this is a very cheap way to fast save a whole bunch of children under the age of 5. Its not a vaccine but a combination treatment based on artemisinins. Toss €29 in and save over a dozen toddler lives, thats very straightforward and emotionally satisfying. When they get malaria again, chances are that this time they will survive it.

Quote:

4x JACKFRUIT TREE €25 (= $30)
these trees will each be planted by orphanages and community centers. jackfruit trees will start yielding fruit in 3 years and can live for 100 years. The fruits are ginormous (10-80lbs) but whats especially important is that each tree yields approximately 200kg (= 8x 50lbs bags) of seeds per year. The seeds can be roasted and snacked on, or ground to a flour, but they contain 38.3% carbohydrate, 17.7% crude protein, and 15.9% fat which basically means that the seed is as nutritious as fatty meat and thus, that one tree yields in seed alone the nutritional value of slaughteting about 6 goats per year, without having to keep, feed & heal goats, a tree is just a tree - a 100 ft high tree with roots right down to the aquifer. African Jackfruit trees are being praised as one of the best things against world hunger and also, are planted not just for food but because they are great trees against desertification, soil erosion etc. What you will see is that people will grow seeds and cutting of these trees so each tree will multiply itself and saturate the community with a rich source of fat, protein and carbs.
EXTREMELY cost effective and very Shroomery as we're a growing & propagating community.

Just 2 picks.

If someone says, yoyoyo I'd like to spend a sum towards lets sat trees or medicine or whatnot, that should be possible too of course. We can make a shopping list.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

InvisibleFiery
Sword of Fire
Other User Gallery

Re: Let's Be Shroomy! <-- community project: a Shroomery village water well in rural Africa [Re: metalfaith]
    #27269289 - 03/25/21 06:23 PM (3 years, 4 days ago)

That is awesome- since I can't actually help feed the poor people all the time in my city- I'd like to help.

Can ANYONE set up a PO Box here in USA for me to send some $$- I have $30 on me and it's going to the cause if I can send it to someone. -

and people saynot to send cash in the mail- but I've done it before lots- just small amounts- but still it never gets lost.

and I'd be a supporter too if I could send it to some PO box somewhere.

Well done here guys BTW- no one can help another until they can help themselves. So make sure to take care of yourself and be free as often to help others and lend a hand if you can.

Invisibleforagedfungus
 User Gallery

Loc: out there
Re: Let's Be Shroomy! <-- community project: a Shroomery village water well in rural Africa [Re: Fiery] * 1
    #27269912 - 03/26/21 07:52 AM (3 years, 3 days ago)

This is a wonderful endeavor.  :hug:
I tried to make a donation on my own, but it didn't go through. Got a 503 error message. 
When you figure out how to organize the group funds I've got $500 to add.

OfflineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

Loc: United States Flag
Re: Let's Be Shroomy! <-- community project: a Shroomery village water well in rural Africa [Re: foragedfungus]
    #27269923 - 03/26/21 08:07 AM (3 years, 3 days ago)

What's going on with this are we buying these people a fountain? Can we get like some plaque on it that is the lyrics to ripple by the grateful dead and then at the bottom it just says "drug ppl from the internet bought this yeah dewd were the shit!" Also wtf is this organization I've had so much trouble recently with charities based in Netherlands and Sweden.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Let's Be Shroomy! <-- community project: a Shroomery village water well in rural Africa [Re: foragedfungus]
    #27269934 - 03/26/21 08:12 AM (3 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

foragedfungus said:
This is a wonderful endeavor.  :hug:
I tried to make a donation on my own, but it didn't go through. Got a 503 error message. 
When you figure out how to organize the group funds I've got $500 to add.

Holy cock-a-doodle-doo thats is almost a complete water well of your own if you choose to spend it as such :omgz:

That would be SUPER EPIC :awecid:

With that pledge, if none of us backs out we are beyond Well #1 and close to Well #2, if Metalfaith is up for matching, if his cap's not reached, we got 2 and are up for Well #3

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Edited by Asante (03/26/21 08:16 AM)

InvisibleQM33
(NOT A PUPPET!) ❤❤❤❤❤
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: Let's Be Shroomy! <-- community project: a Shroomery village water well in rural Africa [Re: CHeifM4sterDiezL]
    #27269937 - 03/26/21 08:13 AM (3 years, 3 days ago)

"reach out your hand, if your cup is empty, of your cup is full, may it be again, let it be known, there is a fountain, that was not made, by the hands a man,

There is a road, no simple highway, between the dawn and the dark of night, and if you go, noone may follow, that path is for, your steps alone

Ripple in still water...
When there is no pebble tossed.
Nor wind to blow."

Still got a few bucks on it!

--------------------
OmManiPadmeHum,OmManiPadmeHum, OmManiPadMeHum...
There are known knowns, there are known unknowns,
          there are also unknown unknowns.
With great privilege comes great responsibility.

Quantom Qups PROOF AND Soft Drops
Turn your Swab to a Syringe and Syringe to Multiple Syringes!
No Pours (QuantomStyal)
Magic Fruit Leather
DMT for IandI

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Let's Be Shroomy! <-- community project: a Shroomery village water well in rural Africa [Re: QM33]
    #27269982 - 03/26/21 08:32 AM (3 years, 3 days ago)

As just a playful example of what we could do with the sign that is not too hard on the artist painting the sign, Smack31's logo comes to mind:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Let's Be Shroomy! <-- community project: a Shroomery village water well in rural Africa [Re: CHeifM4sterDiezL]
    #27269990 - 03/26/21 08:39 AM (3 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

CHeifM4sterDiezL said:
What's going on with this are we buying these people a fountain? Can we get like some plaque on it that is the lyrics to ripple by the grateful dead and then at the bottom it just says "drug ppl from the internet bought this yeah dewd were the shit!" Also wtf is this organization I've had so much trouble recently with charities based in Netherlands and Sweden.

The US is making it easy for money to enter their territory but not to make it leave :smile:

We'll have to see what we agree on.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OfflineIma TrooperS
Chilldog Extraordinaire
Male User Gallery

Re: Let's Be Shroomy! <-- community project: a Shroomery village water well in rural Africa [Re: Asante]
    #27270063 - 03/26/21 09:23 AM (3 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

Asante said:
Quote:

CHeifM4sterDiezL said:

The US is making it easy for money to enter their territory but not to make it leave :smile:

We'll have to see what we agree on.

I don't care what the sign says as long as I can pay extra to have all the water come out of a naked, peeing cherub.

--------------------

deCypher said:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck