Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinemarioeatsamanitas
funionz
Male

Loc: Utrecht (Netherlands)
Excited to take iboga soon
    #27245002 - 03/09/21 01:08 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

I am a victim of psychiatry. I have many pharmacy pills put on me to keep me drugged. I am taking xanax, stilnox, trittico, solian, and cymbalta. I was also taking depakine but I quit that thankfully on my own. I don't have the opportunity to start reducing the pharmacy drugs I take, simply because my parents don't allow me to start quitting them.
When I was working at my job 2 months ago, I fell on a guy who came who told me he does therapy to addicts with an unknown root. I knew it, so I asked him "is it iboga", and he said "yes", so I told him I wanna take it to quit pharmacy drugs and hopefully he can talk to my parents and convince them for me to take iboga and quit medication, by telling them that iboga cures anxiety, insomnia, and depression. So my parents were convinced for me to take iboga.
So I will start microdosing with iboga on Friday and start minimizing the doses of my pharmacy drugs and maximizing the dose of iboga daily. When I have quitted pharmacy drugs, I will take a big dose of iboga and have a psychedelic experience.
I hope iboga is not like salvia because I hate salvia. If it's like shrooms or LSA ill like it. Hopefully ill quit nicotine also.
Cheers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OnlinePandemoon
Ἧeẍeᾐmeḭsṫeŗ ͛
Male User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Re: Excited to take iboga soon [Re: marioeatsamanitas]
    #27245012 - 03/09/21 01:14 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Iboga is not even considered a psychedelic. It's a dream and trance inducing drug that might show you visions and such.
It can help getting of other drugs or pharmas, that's right. But I honestly think mushrooms are a better tool for what you want to achive. :shrug:

-

Offlinemarioeatsamanitas
funionz
Male

Re: Excited to take iboga soon [Re: Pandemoon]
    #27245016 - 03/09/21 01:16 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

It's dangerous to take mushrooms with the pharmacy drugs I take, I could get serotonin syndrome.

OfflineTyperwritermonky
shboop a doop a doop

Loc: Mrs. Brown's Teahouse
    #27245730 - 03/09/21 09:23 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

This doesn't seem safe at all.  You're going to take ibogaine while still on all those meds???  And cymbalta too?!!

Did you tell them every medication you are taking?  You're not supposed to be taking ANY drugs when taking ibogaine.  Also, you need to see a doctor and have your kidney/liver levels measured as well as your heart measured and valued.  Otherwise it is SUPER dangerous.  Like drop dead kill you dangerous...

You need to taper off the drugs, then take the ibogaine.

OfflineNorthernerM
splelling chceker
 User Gallery

Loc: FNQ
    #27245916 - 03/10/21 12:16 AM (3 years, 1 month ago)

:whathesaid:

Quote:

marioeatsamanitas said:
It's dangerous to take mushrooms with the pharmacy drugs I take, I could get serotonin syndrome.

That's simply not so. If you took MDMA, yes, not mushrooms. There is no known contraindication with psilocybin.

Not that they would work anyway because your 5-ht2 receptors are all plugged up with meds and it would bounce straight off your brain.

--------------------
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

Offlinemarioeatsamanitas
funionz
Male

Re: Excited to take iboga soon [Re: Northerner]
    #27246664 - 03/10/21 12:32 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

I've taken LSD on zoloft and had serotonin syndrome once. Why wouldn't shrooms give me one, if psilocybin works in the same receptors as LSD?

Offlinemarioeatsamanitas
funionz
Male

Re: Excited to take iboga soon [Re: Typerwritermonky]
    #27246669 - 03/10/21 12:40 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

I will take a test dose first, then take the microdose, then keep taking microdoses everyday and I decrease the dose of the meds.

OnlinePandemoon
Ἧeẍeᾐmeḭsṫeŗ ͛
Male User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Re: Excited to take iboga soon [Re: marioeatsamanitas] * 1
    #27246676 - 03/10/21 12:43 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

You didn't get serotonin syndrom from lsd, no way.
LSD is no serotonin releaser nor reuptake inhibitor, it's just not possible to get an overflow of serotonin if it's not even present in big quantities to begin with.
If you really had serotonin-syndrome, then it wasn't caused by acid.

:justno:

It either was not LSD that caused it (maybe it was 25i-nbome, which is also sold on blotters, and is a very strong serotonin releaser), or you did not have serotonin syndrome at all.

How do you even know? Were you hospitalized, and the doctors said it's serotonin-syndrome? :strokebeard:

//edit: Either way it doesn't make any sense to take any psychedelic while on those meds you mentioned. Setraline /zoloft, or other SSRIs, block any psychedelic effects nearly completly.
You wouldn't feel a damn thing from those drugs. Not from lsd, not from shrooms, and probably not from iboga.
Xanax dulls also psychedelic effects, hence it's used as a bad-trip-stopper.
All those meds don't fight mental problems by the core, they just put the problems aside to make them strike back harder another day.. :frown:
Try to get some real help. Pills don't. Therapy does. Talking does. Understanding what's wrong does. Time does. Pills don't. Drugs don't. Beleave me, I know from first hand experience.

-

Edited by Pandemoon (03/11/21 06:19 AM)

Offlinemarioeatsamanitas
funionz
Male

#27247831 - 03/11/21 08:38 AM (3 years, 1 month ago)

it was caused by the zoloft combined with the acid.

Offlinemarioeatsamanitas
funionz
Male

#27247834 - 03/11/21 08:42 AM (3 years, 1 month ago)

I am currently on a microdose of iboga. I took it 1 hour ago. I felt it the moment it hit, I felt a numb headbuzz for 1 second then I started feeling my heart, if you know the feeling. Now I'm very high, this is the best s** ever, It's just amazing, I remembered something from when I was 2 years old that I used to make the sound of the tiger in winnie the pooh, just very nice, I recommend it

OfflineNorthernerM
splelling chceker
 User Gallery

#27248392 - 03/11/21 02:35 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

marioeatsamanitas said:
it was caused by the zoloft combined with the acid.

I've searched for years for a legitimate case study of serotonin syndrome with LSD, I've never been able to find one only articles referencing each other and one student paper in India. How do you know you had serotonin syndrome? Did you go to hospital? Were you extremely unwell for 24+ hours? What did you experience?

Quote:

marioeatsamanitas said:
I am currently on a microdose of iboga. I took it 1 hour ago. I felt it the moment it hit, I felt a numb headbuzz for 1 second then I started feeling my heart, if you know the feeling. Now I'm very high, this is the best s** ever, It's just amazing, I remembered something from when I was 2 years old that I used to make the sound of the tiger in winnie the pooh, just very nice, I recommend it

How you travelling man?

--------------------

Offlinemarioeatsamanitas
funionz
Male

#27248654 - 03/11/21 05:39 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

I don't care about LSD anymore so don't stress about convincing me that it's fine.
What's important is that iboga is awesome as $**t
I've taken shrooms 35 times, I've taken LSD 10 times, I've never had a trip that's as good as the one I'm having right now with iboga
Iboga is good. yeah. it's nice. very nice

Offlinemarioeatsamanitas
funionz
Male

#27248659 - 03/11/21 05:42 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

My friend if you really want to know the answer, my answer is that I can't promise you that I had serotonin syndrome. I can tell you for sure though that combining 1 tab of LSD with zoloft, was like taking 20 drops of pure acid.

Offlinemarioeatsamanitas
funionz
Male

#27251136 - 03/13/21 10:45 AM (3 years, 1 month ago)

iboga was the worst s*** ever, never taking it again. it was scary and confusing

OnlineSonicTitan
 User Gallery

#27251152 - 03/13/21 10:57 AM (3 years, 1 month ago)

:uhwellthereitis:

--------------------
"We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

Offlinetiptrippy
The Mechanic
Male

Loc: United States Flag
Re: Excited to take iboga soon [Re: marioeatsamanitas] * 2
    #27251221 - 03/13/21 11:47 AM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Well that escalated quickly

OfflineNorthernerM
splelling chceker
 User Gallery

#27251649 - 03/13/21 05:44 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

marioeatsamanitas said:
iboga was the worst s*** ever, never taking it again. it was scary and confusing

Yeah. That's pretty standard, along with feeling unwell for days.

--------------------

OnlineIcon
Bloomer
 User Gallery

#27293766 - 05/04/21 10:46 AM (2 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

marioeatsamanitas said:

Is OP okay? Would be curious to hear about their thoughts a month later. Super irresponsible to be taking Iboga without professional supervision. Treatment involves a lot of support around the Iboga experience. Patients typically spend a month or more living at the clinic to receive this 24/7 guidance and support.

I wonder how this method played out. I've heard it's really not a recreational scenario, that's why you don't see people abusing Iboga. Sounds legit that you would come out of it with dramatic feelings toward it and hopefully the pharmaceutical drugs that were affecting you too.

OfflineTyperwritermonky
shboop a doop a doop

Loc: Mrs. Brown's Teahouse
Re: Excited to take iboga soon [Re: Icon]
    #27294566 - 05/04/21 07:43 PM (2 years, 11 months ago)

First off, zoloft and LSD wouldn't cause serotonin syndrome.. but it may have caused some sort of toxidrome that caused long last negative effects with all those other pharms you are taking.  But ibogaine wouldn't help at all for this really..

and yes, ibogaine is not a very pleasant experience.  A worthwhile one, yes, but by no means pleasant.  It was awful, I was begging for it to end the whole time.  but it ended my ketamine addiction.

Offlinethe man
still masked
Other User Gallery

Loc: C A N A D A
Re: Excited to take iboga soon [Re: Typerwritermonky]
    #27294978 - 05/05/21 03:28 AM (2 years, 11 months ago)

its actually much better not taking those mehha iboga doses they say. few smaller doses are safer and more effective.. they say....ya u dont take igoga to get off antidepressants. baaad idea... longer ur on them so young worse u will be unless truley no function for years.. best to do adderal xanax and weed like a gentlemen.. lol

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag