Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
drug induced out of body theory
    #2461721 - 03/22/04 08:44 PM (20 years, 29 days ago)

theory:

since non-drug users who practice leaving thier body report completely differnt results (generally speaking) than poeple who use drugs and leave thier body, i suggest the idea that poeple who use drugs and lose consciousness of thier body and instead of actually travelling places in the "real" multiverse, travel instead into the realms of the human (emphasis on human) deep subconscious. since time can become non-linear on drugs i would also suggest that the reason there can be completely alien things is because they're traveling not only into the deepest realms of innate human imagination, but they're doing so throughout all of time (or some large portion of time).

doot.

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: drug induced out of body theory [Re: truekimbo2]
    #2461748 - 03/22/04 08:51 PM (20 years, 29 days ago)

I believe all out of body experiences are true out of body experiences. You can tell when you're having one. The reason they feel different on drugs is because drugs affect your vibrations and thoughts, and some may be dragged kicking and screaming into the astral planes on drugs such as DMT rather than doing it through meditation and true astral projection.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
Re: drug induced out of body theory [Re: Ravus]
    #2461817 - 03/22/04 09:11 PM (20 years, 29 days ago)

why such limit to the freedom of movement and experiance?

also, if drugs really did allow you to leave your body, someone by now would have figured out how to stop being on drugs the moment they left thier body simply by issuing the command to regain normal conscious, as according to my own experimentation and the experimentation of other non-drug users thats how the out of body state appears to work.

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

Offlineekomstop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
    #2461953 - 03/22/04 09:46 PM (20 years, 29 days ago)

It really is hard to say...internal, or external...this is definitely one of the questions I find myself thinking about  often..

I posted a thread here based on a similar speculation but never really came to any final conclusions.. I'm not sure one will be reached for some time, either.  But who knows.

I think I have been leaning towards the possibility that maybe OBE's and/or any kind of mystical experiences (more respectively, substance induced experiences) might actually be a combination of both these so-called internal and external elements.

It's hard for me to assume it to be more or less one or the other, especially without considering maybe they both occur, and could be simultaneously co-dependant, at least to some degree.

Just as the body is made up of "matter" in this particular time/space, I would think it might be possible the true nature of mind could in a sense be made up of exactly what this proposed "multiverse" is composed of at its microcosmic level.. If this is so, then it seems plausible interaction between the two (mind and multiverse) could in a sense be in a sort of constant symbiosis aslong as one is conscious, whether you are experimenting with a mind altering substance, dreaming, having an OBE or just flat out sober.

Though, whether an OBE or something similar can truly be classified as completely  internal or external is beyond me.

*shrug*  :nut:

Ravus brings up a couple good points, aswell.

Going to have to think about this one some more..

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
    #2724219 - 05/24/04 06:13 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Does someone here think we are ever out of our minds?
At no time in anyone's life are they outside of their own head.
That is where everything is happening and continues to happen.
We are all spinning out our own lives. There are no external causes, in my opinion, only correlations and when you take a huge dose of boomers, you know!

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

#2724664 - 05/24/04 08:24 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

how can you have an out of body experience if the culmination of your being is the consciousness that is the torrent of electorns and chemicals flying around that ball of lard in your skull?

I know some people are into souls, spirits, out-of-body experiences, and spirtuality, but it doesn't make any sense from where I stand.

--------------------

InvisiblePhencyclidine
Molecule

Re: drug induced out of body theory [Re: jux]
    #2725038 - 05/24/04 09:36 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I agree. My theory is that OOBEs are simply hallucinations.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order