Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineaquamantar
Stranger
RevolvE
    #2719614 - 05/23/04 06:27 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Hi!

Great site and forum!!
I'm from the band REVOLVE. Our music and lyrics are inspired by various DMT - and mushroom Experiences....if you'd like to hear some music please visit us at http://www.revolvemusic.com

...to see a Live video:
http://www.revolvemusic.com/ElReyLive.mov

...and a more visual interpretation of the DMT-Room made by Koichi:
http://www.revolvemusic.com/Remembering.mov

Enjoy!
:jammingout:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepsikooz
Stranger
Loc: Los Angeles
Re: RevolvE [Re: aquamantar]
    #2719790 - 05/23/04 06:53 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

hey bro, your sites dont work bro

Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#2719802 - 05/23/04 06:56 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

nice

I spazzed out for a while and thought i was listening to Tool

Offlineaquamantar
Stranger
Re: RevolvE [Re: psikooz]
    #2720184 - 05/23/04 07:59 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

the sites work....the movie files are about 70mb each (compressed)...so it'll take some time to load them.....and with dial-up an eternity.....

OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
    #2721251 - 05/24/04 12:27 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I like the electronic addition to the standard band line-up, it certainly adds a new dimension to your music.

It's also apparent who your influences are COUGHtoolAHEM... scuse me.

I like your style a lot.  The fact that you're singing about something unique and deeper is hard to find.
Do you guys play clubs much? comin to AZ anytime soon?:cool:

You guys rock, keep playing, keep digging.  You could change the world!
And Please stick around the Shroomery.  You will be most comfortable here :wink:

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

Offlineaquamantar
Stranger
Re: RevolvE [Re: Blastrid]
    #2722934 - 05/24/04 01:08 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks, I'm glad you like it!
Right now we're playing in the LA area....hopefully we can do a little tour sometime soon....
We're going into the studio next month and record our album.....
Yeah, usually we get compared to tool right away, since that is the only reference point people have and it seems in human nature "to compare". The influence (besides many others) is there, but most of us only listen to electronic or ethnic music ...our keyboardist (from Turkey) who doesn't listen to newer Rock at all sometimes writes parts that are rhythmically similiar to Tool (who are also very influenced by King Crimson), it's interesting,....I think structurally and rhythmically some of the electr./ethnic music is build like their music, so I guess we maybe tap into the same morphogenic field (an archetype?)......does that make sense?.......
I mean usually we get high, start jamming and then see what happens......it is not really "us" doing it in the end of the day...the WHOLE point is to get us out of the way anyway....
Until we tap into a field that has not yet been explored we will have to live with that comparison, I guess......
I think we'll do a journey again on June 8th, at the Venus passage, and see what doors can be opened..... :mushroom2:

Edited by aquamantar (06/02/04 12:23 PM)

InvisibleMiddlemanM

#2723571 - 05/24/04 03:36 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

cool name for a cool band.

there are alot of bands "like TOOL" popping up on the WC,
up here in the bay, world fusion + trip hop + heavy metal = Next Big Thing.

thanx for sharing,
i keep my eye open.

OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

#2726354 - 05/25/04 03:20 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Intriguing.

I know comparisons tend to not reflect the obvious originality of the band, but just an observation I suppose :wink: At least it's a good band to be compared to.  Imagine: "hey you guys sound like Lit"  :rolleyes:

BTW, there's a need for a good example of what good hard rock is here in AZ, especially Tucson. There's a ton of metal bands that suck here, and apparently a lot of metalheads and indie fans.  So I'm sure there's a market for your tunes if you roll thru here. If the time comes and your route allows, I can get you some #'s.

What are some of your favorite electronic musicians?

I can definitely see the correlation between ethnic/world music and Tool--Danny Carey is all about the Tabla and eastern drum studies.  Having a non western keyboardist must be bad ass.

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

OfflineTrip
Lost Pilgrim

#2727904 - 05/25/04 01:46 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

hey
great band. no complaints here. all your guys are a gang of really talented musicians. and the guy doing the art in the backround was pretty cool too. about how long have you guys been togeather?

Offlineaquamantar
Stranger
Re: RevolvE [Re: Trip]
    #2729744 - 05/25/04 08:36 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks!
We started out in 2001 as an instrumental band (Koichi, our guitarist, came from Static-X, ......he was fed up with playing metal for metalheads), went through a couple of bassists and hooked up with Matt,  our vocalist, about a year ago. We started playing out in summer 2003.
As Jinx mentioned, there seems to emerge a new breed of bands, also down here in the LA area.....Although we are distracted by the BS on TV and the news, people seem to start thinking a little deeper and more global..... it will be sooner or later reflected in music and art....we have no choice BUT to evolve, even if they are trying to slow it down...

The painter who performed with us at that show is Norton Wisdom. He has "jammed" on his canvas in the past with the Grateful Dead, Jane's Addiction, the Red Hot Chilli Peppers,
Styx and many more.
His web site is http://www.nowisdom.com

As far as electronic music goes, my favorites would be : Future Sound of London, Higher Intelligence Agency (my favorite shroom-music), Pete Namlook, Biosphere, Der Dritte Raum, TUU, System Error, Juno Reactor, Deep Space Network.

I like palying my drums along to that stuff, it's rhythmically more interesting than most Rock bands out there. :drumming:

What do you guys listen to?

OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

#2729792 - 05/25/04 08:50 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I'm big into Boards of Canada. Although, there's a ton of other stuff I'm into, you should check theem out.

BoC, Shpongle, Tool, Sigur Ros- many fans on these boards. Biosphere (substrata is my fav), Radiohead, Chem Bro's, Bola, Debussy, Tchaikovsky, NIN, K&D, B. Fleischmann, Mogwai...................................

Quote:

Although we are distracted by the BS on TV and the news, people seem to start thinking a little deeper and more global..... it will be sooner or later reflected in music and art....we have no choice BUT to evolve, even if they are trying to slow it down...

well put.

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    ex.  Blastrid!

Offlineaquamantar
Stranger
Re: RevolvE [Re: Blastrid]
    #2737179 - 05/27/04 02:09 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Yes, Substrata! I never get tiered of it.
I'll check out Boards of Canada. I've heard the name a lot....
Sigur Ros are amazing, very visual music!

OfflineTrip
Lost Pilgrim

#2743358 - 05/29/04 12:03 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

One of my better friends is a huge Static-X fan, we ended up seeing one of their shows this past Octoboer. I can deffinately see how your guitarist could get tired of playing with them. They're not exactly challenging themselves all the time. The show was still good though.
"As Jinx mentioned, there seems to emerge a new breed of bands, also down here in the LA area.....Although we are distracted by the BS on TV and the news, people seem to start thinking a little deeper and more global..... it will be sooner or later reflected in music and art....we have no choice BUT to evolve, even if they are trying to slow it down..."
Im really glad to hear someone say this. Best of luck to you and your band. If you guys start touring nationally, PM me when you make it down to Florida.

Offlineaquamantar
Stranger
Re: RevolvE [Re: Trip]
    #2756726 - 06/02/04 12:32 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks,man!
We can't wait to tour. Once we have the album out and the means to do it, we'll be there!

:jammingout:

--------------------
When asked "do you fear death", it replied, ?Did you fear birth??
http://www.revolvemusic.com

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag