Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineAK1000
Stranger
 User Gallery

If you want clone a mushroom, is it best to take the tissue from the stipe or collect its spores and germinate those instead?
    #27232245 - 03/01/21 03:19 PM (3 years, 27 days ago)

So, I've been learning about slants, senescence, master cultures and master grain jars. And I've very eager to hone in on this part of the craft this year. And one of the recommendations is to use a scalpel to take a piece of the inner stipe and put it on agar and clean that up to make master cultures/slants/jars.

If I wait for the mushroom to drop spores and I make a spore print then germinate that on agar, it won't be the same genetics, right? It will be a completely new mushroom with unbeknownst characteristics all over again, correct? My understanding is when spores can have a lot of variance and it would be like starting from scratch.

Also, what are the best threads on choosing the ideal clones to replicate? I can't find what thread it was that someone explained how it's not just about choosing a cluster that produced "big" mushrooms... but also comparing the overall weight of the first flush with the amount of water you provided to keep track of what its actual efficiency was. Anyone got any leads on that?

--------------------
-AK

I'm a noob and :heart: this forum. Here's What I've Learned My First FOUR Months.

Best resources: Bods Easy AF List / Ultimate Tek Compendium

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: If you want clone a mushroom, is it best to take the tissue from the stipe or collect its spores and germinate those inst... [Re: AK1000]
    #27232256 - 03/01/21 03:28 PM (3 years, 27 days ago)

Taking spores isn't a clone. Tissue culture to agar is the way to get a clone

OfflineTheMagicConch
MC
Male User Gallery

Loc: Over here
Re: If you want clone a mushroom, is it best to take the tissue from the stipe or collect its spores and germinate those inst... [Re: bodhisatta]
    #27232326 - 03/01/21 04:30 PM (3 years, 27 days ago)

:whathesaid:

OfflinecronicrFacebook
 User Gallery

Loc: Van Isle Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: If you want clone a mushroom, is it best to take the tissue from the stipe or collect its spores and germinate those inst... [Re: TheMagicConch] * 1
    #27232349 - 03/01/21 04:50 PM (3 years, 27 days ago)

With cloning you can have completely ideal conditions in your grow and select the perfect fruit....but you still need to test it, just because it looked great in your ms grow doesn't mean it will give you 200% B.E.

--------------------

It doesn't matter what i think of you...all that matters is clean spawn

I'm tired do me a favor

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds