Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleshrooms67
Question about trippin
    #443147 - 10/31/01 12:47 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

High!
I have been interested in psychedelics for quite some time but have not really made an effort to find any.
most likly i'll be tripping on LSD but I would perfer mushies but Nobody has em.
anyway, when I was a kid I would occasionally see purple red and yellow spots and tracers in front of my eyes for no reason, and I ussally can see paterns, and when I close my eyes sometimes I can see paterns and even though i'm not tripping.
does this mean that lsd and mushrooms MIGHT be more powerful on me than say somebody with visual disturbances?
and everybody says lsd ans shroomes chages you "perspective"
I just wana trip, come down and be 100% the same , is that what will happen? a lot of people say that when you trip you change?
what the fuck, i'm I gana feel or think any different? maybe more positve because of the trip but after 12 hours everything should come down, relax, rest a day and it should be back to normal, this is saying i have a good trip.

I just don't wana find out that I am sensitive to acid and take more than i can handle and I wana be the same, just trip.....................

thanks for the help!

--------------------
WHO LET THE AMISH OUT? WOF,WOF,WOF,WOF,WOF

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinejustthiz
prozac über alles
Re: Question about trippin [Re: shrooms67]
    #443153 - 10/31/01 12:54 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

You'll be 100% the same... yet with a new way of looking at things that will probably stay with you forever...

Invisibleshrooms67
Re: Question about trippin [Re: justthiz]
    #443155 - 10/31/01 12:56 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

See, thats what I mean?
I new way, will my vision be fucked up or something? LOL
Anyway, I don't take hallucinations seriously, light ones because thats what they are.........so, i'll be my normal self?

--------------------

Offlinejustthiz
prozac über alles
... [Re: shrooms67]
    #443210 - 10/31/01 01:52 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Will my vision be fucked up or something?
>>> During the experience yes
so, i'll be my normal self?
>>>During the experience yes and "no" you'll c what i mean

It's possible that you'll have traces a while after using the drug or worse visual distortions but it's really not that common it's called HPPD i believe
Check it out here
www.stormloader.com/hppd/

Edited by justthiz (10/31/01 01:54 PM)

InvisibleHydro
addict
Loc: In your closet..
    #443348 - 10/31/01 04:14 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Acid is great, so don't feel your getting the short end of the stick here. ;-) I wouldn't take more then 1 hit if this is going to be your first psychedelic experience.

It also sounds to me that you don't have much understanding on the whole drug itself. Defenetly check out www.erowid.org before hand.

> I just wana trip, come down and be 100% the same , is that what will happen? a lot of people say that when you trip you change?

It's not a defenite thing. I doubt one experience will really make a noticible change in someone. It can be a really wild experience though, and that could effect you very deeply. More often then not, for the better.

Nobody can really explaine to you what a psychedelic experience is like, you will have to find that out for yourself. Good luck to you man, and have a blast!

--------------------
Hydro has spoken!
Please! Tell me about the fucking golf shoes!

Invisibleshrooms67
Re: Question about trippin [Re: Hydro]
    #443396 - 10/31/01 04:54 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

acctually I have been studying LSD for about 6 months.
Erowid, shroomery, and other credible sources.
I just wana get personal feedback from people who have experenced it first hand.
The reason I brought up the question was because of speculation that LSD "changes" which is false, after aobout 12 hours everything should be back to baseline unless you take a little too much and develope hppd which is the only thing that scares me! not too much though....
LSD works by making your brain receptors more sinsetive to seritonin, so really it's your own body that fucks it self up the LSD just helps it!

but I just wanted to get an outlook from people who have tripped before..........

--------------------

InvisibleHydro
addict
    #443407 - 10/31/01 05:07 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

It is my opinion that HPPD is pure and utter bullshit. Though, I do feel that experiences can change people. That's a given. The changes are in how you perceive the world, yourself, life, etc... A really intense experience can change your views on something quite a bit.

--------------------
Hydro has spoken!

Offlinecopeman25
Loc: Ft. Collins, Colorado
Re: Question about trippin [Re: justthiz]
    #443411 - 10/31/01 05:10 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

***12 hours everything should come down, relax, rest a day and it should be back to normal, this is saying i have a good trip.
After you have come down you will probably have several hours, to a day of kind of a brain lapse where many things that you would normally understand, are hard to comprehend. I think that this is because sleep deprevation and coming to grips with the new thoughts and ideas you have come up with. But after that time you will be back to "normal" with different opinionis of ideas, and items

--------------------
Have you ever noticed that when your remote controler is almost out of batteries you press the buttons harder?

InvisibleKid
Carpal Tunnel
    #443452 - 10/31/01 05:58 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

> It is my opinion that HPPD is pure and utter bullshit. Though, I do feel that experiences can change people. That's a given. The changes are in how you perceive the world, yourself, life, etc... A really intense experience can change your views on something quite a bit.

Then why not, drastic, changes in visual perception? Why is that exempt?

InvisibleKid
Carpal Tunnel
    #443460 - 10/31/01 06:01 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

> LSD works by making your brain receptors more sinsetive to seritonin, so really it's your own body that fucks it self up the LSD just helps it!

Not really. Serotonin levels typically drop while you're under the influence of LSD.

> The reason I brought up the question was because of speculation that LSD "changes" which is false, after aobout 12 hours everything should be back to baseline unless you take a little too much and develope hppd which is the only thing that scares me! not too much though....

Your personality structure probably won't change. You'll be pretty well the same person coming out of it as going in. There is the remote possibility of developing a severe mental illness (schizophrenia and other psychotic disorders) after tripping, but it's beyond highly unlikely.

InvisibleHydro
addict
Re: Question about trippin [Re: Kid]
    #443550 - 10/31/01 07:07 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I'm talking about looking at a flower and stepping on it because it discussed you how they grow everywere. Then, dropping some acid, and looking at a flower and finding the beauty in it. Never to step on another flower again.

To have drastic changes in visual perception, one would need a chemical imbalance of sorts. Would they not?

--------------------
Hydro has spoken!

Edited by Hydro (10/31/01 07:09 PM)

InvisibleKid
Carpal Tunnel
    #443626 - 10/31/01 08:26 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

> To have drastic changes in visual perception, one would need a chemical imbalance of sorts. Would they not?

That could be one route to a change in visual perception. Another route would be a change in the structure of neural networks. Language does this to our brains, so I think that it's plausible that environment and experience can alter our neural networks. Also, a change in the typical firing patterns of neurons, say by upregulation, downregulation, or a change in the strength of different dendritic connections, could change visual perception. Or of course, all three of these things combined could change visual perception.

Consider whatever mechanism you believe is responsible for the kind of cognitive changes that might arise from tripping in your example (the beauty of flowers) and directly apply them to visual networks. Then apply those changes again and again so that they get reinforced.

I don't see why people think this is out of the realm of possibility.

Mental changes are not always the results of chemical changes in the brain, and even if they are, those chemical changes may not even be significant. The manifestations of the changes can be very significant though. Consider the active dose of LSD and what an insignificant chemical change the presence of LSD in your brain actually is.

OfflineabsoluteZero
    #444319 - 11/01/01 02:49 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I personally have taken acid 18 times, a total of about 68 doses worth (based on a normal blotter hit). I have noticed a decrease in my night vision, with an increase of those geometrical patterns in my perferal (sic) vision.

My last acid trip was on some shit that was way outta my leauge. I had the worst time of my life for 20 hours (imagine trying to explain to a cop why you threw a bottle in a gutter and not being able to remember your name, address, phone number, social security number, etc --- amazingly i walked away with out getting arrested). Does this mean that i regret taking acid. Not at all. I do realize that i took it too far however. I had stoped trying to get something out of my trips and instead did it just to get fucked up. I feel this is my major mistake. When you ignore the immense power this drug has over your mind you are asking for trouble. Try it though, just keep in mind that what ever is in your head will come out, so if you are hiding from yourself, be sure to clear your conscious before hand.

Good Luck on the other side.

OfflineGringoLoco
I spit in theface of peoplewho ain't cool.
 User Gallery

Loc: Monterey, CA
Re: Question about trippin [Re: absoluteZero]
    #445083 - 11/02/01 06:21 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I have those same tracer patterns you do normally, and when I stand up sometimes, everything fades to black. Lately, Ive noticed if I look at something REAL hard, I can see a "halo" coming out of them. 24 hours later youll be the exact same, but after my first trip, I had the feeling I knew much more about the world than I deserved to.

InvisibleKid
Carpal Tunnel
Re: Question about trippin [Re: GringoLoco]
    #446351 - 11/04/01 03:13 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

> and when I stand up sometimes, everything fades to black.

That has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that you've taken psychedelic drugs. That's from the blood rushing out of your head.

> Lately, Ive noticed if I look at something REAL hard, I can see a "halo" coming out of them.

That's normal too, that's an afterimage.

> but after my first trip, I had the feeling I knew much more about the world than I deserved to.

Acid perceived as a dirty path to mysticysim. The cheater's way to enlightenment, and such. Some people get that.

OfflineOJ
old hand
    #456101 - 11/12/01 02:56 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

In my opinion, yes you will change... but there will be no phisical changes, only mental..

You will understand the world better, understand people better, and all in all it will make you a better person (in my opinion)

Offlineegolesss
veteran
Re: Question about trippin [Re: OJ]
    #456108 - 11/12/01 03:07 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Your night vision and patterns you notice do go away and things get back to normal within a year and a half of not using.

--------------------
Going crazy will drive you mad, but once you get there the rest is easy....All spores are not created equal!!!!!!!!!!! Sporeworks, Hawkseye, PF, they are completely viable with very strong genetics.

OfflineNeurotech
Stranger

#27230400 - 02/28/21 10:26 AM (3 years, 29 days ago)

The big change is a realization that reality isn't necessarily as you expect them to be. When you come down you are all normal again, but the realizations about or ideas about reality can actually make you freer to find your own way, be yourself. If you trip hard and come up against some wild thoughts that you are convinced about, others may think you are nuts if you push it with them. It took more tripping for me to see that you need a community of sorts in order to discuss and explore further. This place is good for that.

OfflineSonicTitan
 User Gallery

Re: Question about trippin [Re: Neurotech] * 2
    #27231230 - 02/28/21 09:10 PM (3 years, 29 days ago)

:canthelpbutlaugh:

This is one of the oldest thread bumps I've seen so far

--------------------
"We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

InvisibleGuerrilla
Bumbaclart

Loc: United Kingdom Flag
Re: Question about trippin [Re: SonicTitan]
    #27231504 - 03/01/21 04:20 AM (3 years, 28 days ago)

Nearly 20 God damn years fuck me

--------------------
Being pissed on does not make you a real man.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom