Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   Amazon Hemp, Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < First | < Back | 182 | 183 | 184 | 185 | 186 | 187 | 188 | 189 | 190 | 191 | 192 | 193 | 194 | 195 | 196 | 197 | 198 | 199 | 200 | 201 | 202 | Next >
OfflineQuirkmeister92
Street Doctor

Loc: Grateful Dead USA
Re: Cannabis Growers [Re: LizardWizard]
    #27210153 - 02/16/21 11:09 PM (12 days, 3 hours ago)

No I just think that buying enough nematodes to cover a field for one small potted mother, my only plant here in the middle of winter, would be wastefull if I didn't get some bait and keep em going until I could use em in my garden outside, or maybe the next pots I fill in preparation  for spring. Perhaps I have misunderstood the task, but keeping a culture of nematodes alive seems pretty practical compared to buying, and largely wasting, another packaged product. I grow a bit of everything but my grains and meats, why not todes?

--------------------
Come over to the oat side...

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleLizardWizardS
Biased to the brim
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the parking lot
Re: Cannabis Growers [Re: Quirkmeister92]
    #27210575 - 02/17/21 08:00 AM (11 days, 18 hours ago)

Oh but they aren't actually enough for a field. You buy the smallest increment and if they are selling them like they are here, you will get sold enough to virtually eradicate them in 1 go for all your plants for any grower that grows for own use. Ignore what they state on the package as dose, and overdose royally. But there are some very important things you really need to do in order for it to have maximum effect.

First and most important thing is to pre-hydrate ALL soil, you really have to make sure you have none of that hydrophobia going on that soil gets quite fast after drying out. So for best results you water all plants with their regular feeding preferably with a wetting agent, I use Yuccah plant extract and highly advise anyone else growing pot to also give that extract at least once a week. It helps plant resilience too, and is a good soil conditioner. You can and should also use yuccah extract with all foliar applications because it decreases surface tension making your foliar application reach all nooks and crannies better as well as spreading out better, covering more plant surface per application. The residue makes the plant less attractive to bugs. I wouldn't spray anything on developing buds though, but I think that's just common sense...

Next is mixing up ALL nematodes, first into a little bit of water so you can more easily dissolve all clumps (there will be some soft clumps ime) then into the final amount, don't go and skimp on the concentration, just make up just enough water to give it to all your plants and some water exuding out the bottom, taking into account you have already watered them prior to hydrate all soil, so it should be quite a  bit less than your usual watering. Stir the water thoroughly every time you fill a watering can, and in between plants as well, because the nematodes tend so sink to the bottom.

BEFORE doing all this, make sure you have not recently used products that would kill the nematodes, as this might render them inactive. BEFORE planting your next seeds into the soil, pre-treat that soil with nematodes and beneficial myccorhizae or however you spell that stuff.

Important note: nematodes can often also be succesfully used as a foliar spray in control of foliar pests. I have yet to use it on Hemp Russet mite. I still get signs of russet mite infection these days, even though I can never catch a bug anywhere even using microscopy on a very regular basis. Decided to ramp up the war plan again here in that respect.

If you do intend to grow nematodes, there are 2 ways to go about it, first is only good for a minor repeat application IIRC 6 weeks or so after the first, and involves growing nematodes from, say, 5% of the baggie you got supplied for the first application, into a couple times what you put in, but only works so-so, not that great, have only tried once, results may vary, as do ingredients (yeast, beer, water, ... find recipes online)

Second way is the way you're supposed to do it and probably the way companies do it, you buy one of 2 types of larvae, you buy them live, then either inject them with a small hypodermic needle or let the nematodes to their work (i'm not clear on the deets anymore honestly, you'd have to look it up, you can find it somewhere online in the form of either a scientific paper or  a guide to growing them, or both, I'm hazy on all that as I myself abandoned the idea of growing them after some quick math, but it  IS doable. IIRC it seemed unfeasible to do it, with regards to parameters of scale, work required, yield of nematodes, cost of larvae vs cost of nematodes, all that, so IIRC you'd have to grow the larvae too or get them supplied easily and cheaply or something... Like I said I'm hazy, I'd like to see you do the work though :lol:)

Last important thing to mention about the gnats is that these gnats are really a maintenance issue, meaning, they will never cease to exist, don't view them as a problem because when handled appropriately they aren't a problem, you just need to adjust your standard maintenance. They have their eggs in every bag of soil you will ever buy, they will be present in damn near every plant's soil you get gifted or buy, be it weed, herbaceous, fruit-bearing or ornamental (save maybe plants that got heavily doused with chemicals but who wants that in their home anyway). So take them for what they are: creatures more ubiquitous than man himself, and they become resistant to most chemical deterrents, so nematodes are really our best bet.

There is 1 more extra ally in the fight against them, and that is hypoaspis miles, aka stratiolaelaps scimitus, a soil predatory mite. I view that one as very good to use when you have a pest that has gotten out of control, and as such I use them after the nematode application, on the same day but with a couple hours delay.

The nematodes take a while to take effect, so don't expect to be free of the buggers the next day. It can take a few weeks. Keep it under control with repeat applications every 2 months :shrug:

--------------------
Collection of informational posts, useful video's and other links - an ever-expanding info bank.
I just need to quit doing so many droogz.
Sugabearcrisp said:
Disney is for dosing; You can't fix stupid.
namaste said:
The world has a shitty sense of humor.  Life is short, sexually transmitted, and always fatal.

OfflineIcon
Bloomer
 User Gallery

#27210656 - 02/17/21 09:30 AM (11 days, 17 hours ago)

gnat eggs are not in every bag of soil. they need moisture to survive. Been growing 6 years and only saw gnats in my very first group of potted plants that I severely overwatered. Not 1 gnat since throwing those pots out and changing the soil. I never water on a whim or schedule anymore, I always lift the pot or let the plant signal when it's thirsty.

If the 1 plant in question is not flowering yet I would just clone, dump the pot and start fresh. Very little to lose for a fresh start.

InvisibleLizardWizardS
Biased to the brim

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Cannabis Growers [Re: Icon]
    #27210829 - 02/17/21 11:28 AM (11 days, 15 hours ago)

Here in Europe, it's in every damn bag regardless of where you buy it :shrug:

--------------------
Collection of informational posts, useful video's and other links - an ever-expanding info bank.
Sugabearcrisp said:
namaste said:
The world has a shitty sense of humor.  Life is short, sexually transmitted, and always fatal.

OfflineQuirkmeister92
Street Doctor

Loc: Grateful Dead USA
    #27211179 - 02/17/21 02:50 PM (11 days, 12 hours ago)

I think mine showed uo as an army when we fertilized the garden with a half ton of horse/goat manure. Wrecked my root veggies. Then when the garden finished the survivors wrecked my Cindy at the end when I overwatered. Clearly, as you explained, they never really go away so I'm definitely going to attack em with everything I practicality can. Gifted babies that the recipient had to clea. Up and felt bad bout that. Fly ribbons, DE dustings, heat pad, and appropriate watering seems to be working well though.

As for cultivation of nematodes I saw some sort of tackle bait worms work as a media. Sounds cheap and easy but I didn't read that deep.

--------------------
Come over to the oat side...

InvisibleLizardWizardS
Biased to the brim

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Cannabis Growers [Re: Quirkmeister92]
    #27211350 - 02/17/21 04:20 PM (11 days, 10 hours ago)

I hear you and I hope you are right, but beware. From my own experience I'd say nothing in the organic realm short of the bimonthly nematode application will solve the problem to the point of it not having effect on quality  or quantity.

The thing is, things that seem to work quite well one minute can actually lead to total failure the next. Sticky fly traps and exhaust fans can make your problem seem smaller than it is in reality. DE dust doesn't work when wet and the root zone needs to be wet, so it is generally a very poor measure, heating pad makes them breed faster because higher temps makes their eggs develop faster, appropriate watering is indeed one thing that is important.

--------------------
Sugabearcrisp said:
namaste said:

InvisibleLizardWizardS
Biased to the brim

Folding@home Statistics
    #27212207 - 02/18/21 02:03 AM (11 days, 56 minutes ago)

Note to all growers, in relation to the recognition of hemp russet mite.

If you are battling constant feeding issues, and at a certain point feel like this is not normal because adjusting feeding seems to yield little results, try overheating the grow room to 43°C for an hour or 2.

If after this point your plants health seems to bounce right back in a week to healthier than before without any additional feeding, save for the heat damage that has been done, well, in that case, rest assured you have a minor hemp russet infestation.

Might as well stop trying to find them physically, cause you might never see them. Start treating today!

This is what it looks like when your plants pick back up because most of the disease causing hemp russet mites have been killed by overheating the growroom to 43°C for several hours:

The holes in the leaves are where they had been living, the holes don't exist in all leaves. There's also some heat damage. My flowering autoflower plants didn't seem as heavily affected as the regular ones in growth but still, they were also affected. It's ridiculous how fast and how much the plants bounce back after this very harsh heat treatment.

--------------------
Sugabearcrisp said:
namaste said:

Edited by LizardWizard (02/20/21 04:07 PM)

InvisibleLizardWizardS
Biased to the brim

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Cannabis Growers [Re: LizardWizard] * 1
    #27216130 - 02/20/21 08:29 AM (8 days, 18 hours ago)

BlueDream'matic

--------------------
Sugabearcrisp said:
namaste said:

Offlinebw86
Doesn't play well with others

Loc: 7b
    #27217861 - 02/21/21 08:13 AM (7 days, 18 hours ago)

How long do you do guys do molasses? If at all?
Stop with the flush? all the way to the end? Something different?

InvisibleLizardWizardS
Biased to the brim

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Cannabis Growers [Re: bw86]
    #27217880 - 02/21/21 08:37 AM (7 days, 18 hours ago)

I only add a little bit of it here n there throughout the bloom season, mostly when the buds are still putting on bulk, then I'll sometimes add just a tiny bit to a half strength feed the week after I've given the last full feeding, after that it's 2 weeks of plain rain water, although I sometimes keep adding small increments of eunosan, a calcium based supplement, and epsom salts. In total I don't think any 1 plant gets more than a teaspoon over their entire lifespan. Outdoor plants would get more in my garden. I do use liquid organic nutrients weekly in my feeding water though, and I think some of them have some molasses in there. That's also why I only use it sparingly, they get enough food material from other sources anyway :shrug:

How many of you feed your plants organic liquid fertilizers? Do you give them the strength on the bottle? Stronger? Weaker?

I'll let y'all in on a little secret: if you use your organic liquid fertilizers at half the strength that's listed on the bottle as a standard, only to give them the full strength in full bulking times (really only 2 or 3 weeks, 4-5 if you got a long bloom season strain but then I only go up to 80% strength cause those type strains tend to be more sensitive to overfeeding), your pot becomes smoother on the throat.

I use BAC's organic fert line, including most or all the organic supplements you can get from their line, but I'll use all of them at roughly half strength, except for bulking times like I said before..

BUT. This is a vegan line. I don't believe in vegan lines getting all they can from the plant, so that's why in addition to BAC's organic line-up I also use some products out of Advanced Nutrients' organic line, some iguana grow and bloom, some ancient earth, and then I used their bud candy and their big bud too on a grow with good results, but I threw it all out cause they weren't the organic line and I didn't feel like I should keep using them, even if it's for my own personal use. I thought they were organic when ordering, but failed to notice on those it was the regular line :shrug: AN is hard to get here in EU, especially their organic lines, if it wasn't for that I would have already gotten me some organic bud candy n big bud, bud hey, it is what it is.

Other than feeding I also use supplemental (fun fact: you can't write supplemental without some Swiss cheese) UVR8 lighting, meaning the UV spectrum that activates the UVR8 protein in plants, leading to higher synthesis of plant compounds. I've yet to taste the effects but they're waiting for the right hygrometry, when that is reached the results of a bio-essay shall be provided to this wonderful group of peers for assessment of UVR8 qualities :wink-wink-nudge-nudge:

--------------------
Sugabearcrisp said:
namaste said:

OfflineDoc9151M
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gulf Coast USA Flag
    #27219039 - 02/21/21 08:58 PM (7 days, 6 hours ago)

You're watering to much if you're having trouble with gnats,  trying letting the top inch dry out by watering from the bottom or less often,  it could also be you need to do a good cleaning or coming from your mushcult if u also grow mush.

InvisibleLizardWizardS
Biased to the brim

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Cannabis Growers [Re: Doc9151]
    #27219281 - 02/21/21 11:46 PM (7 days, 3 hours ago)

If the top inch dries out I am highly underusing my soil with my setup believe it or not. My pots are so filled with roots the roots grow out of the ground on top, it's ridiculous, but then again I grow in a VERY small space considering what I pull out, so there is that to take into account :shrug:

edit: it actually does dry out on the sides , and even in the middle in the growing bunch, it's the blooming bunch that drinks so heavily I can't let them dry out or  I'd be losing a lot of weight. (they're sitting together, it's auto's and reggies mixed up in the room)

--------------------
Sugabearcrisp said:
namaste said:

Offlinebw86

Re: Cannabis Growers [Re: LizardWizard] * 3
    #27221609 - 02/23/21 07:54 AM (5 days, 19 hours ago)

21 day veg- 8 weeks flower

InvisibleLizardWizardS
Biased to the brim

Folding@home Statistics
    #27221837 - 02/23/21 10:49 AM (5 days, 16 hours ago)

Ain't it cool when they start to fasciate like that?

--------------------
Sugabearcrisp said:
namaste said:

Offlinebw86

#27221926 - 02/23/21 11:58 AM (5 days, 15 hours ago)

Thats the first time I have ever seen it in cannabis.
Is it genetics? Is it from stress? a mixture of both?

InvisibleLizardWizardS
Biased to the brim

Folding@home Statistics
    #27222005 - 02/23/21 01:17 PM (5 days, 13 hours ago)

Purely a genetic trait afaik. You can see it in the growth stages very soon already cause the twigs that end up like those cola's grow flat and slightly deformed, like it's really 2 branches grown together or some weird shit like that. The Sweet Thai I grew last time had a couple nugs like that. It's also typical for those pot plants to have more than 1 of those fasciated buds, but I've never seen one with all buds fasciating.

BTW, those nugs will grow in a different structure, but very very dense. Do make sure you dry them well enough to avoid having mold growing inside.

--------------------
Sugabearcrisp said:
namaste said:

Offlinebw86

#27223377 - 02/24/21 08:23 AM (4 days, 18 hours ago)

I feel like on average there is about 10 dry grams of pristine buds on each plant. Followed by another 6 of popcorn. So i'm surely not going to have a pound but should have more than half a pound.
I know you guys said an OZ a plant was impractical with 21 days of veg from seed but I think it would have been possible to pull off with 600 watts+, slightly bigger pots and an actual feeding schedule.

InvisibleLizardWizardS
Biased to the brim

Folding@home Statistics
    #27223590 - 02/24/21 10:56 AM (4 days, 16 hours ago)

What's your current wattage?

--------------------
Sugabearcrisp said:
namaste said:

Offlinebw86

#27223654 - 02/24/21 11:57 AM (4 days, 15 hours ago)

400  :rolleyes: set to "super lumens" :rolleyes::rolleyes:
With some CFL in the corners that you told me are a waste of time :smirk:
they also only got fed wit this "cactus juice"<-- amazon link) after they started to flower.
Thats what I had and i didn't wanna spend any money :shrug:

InvisibleLizardWizardS
Biased to the brim

Folding@home Statistics
    #27223687 - 02/24/21 12:19 PM (4 days, 14 hours ago)

Well count those CFLs in with the total cause it counts whether you like it or not, it's what you are paying for in electricity bills, so it's gotta end up in the equasion in my book :shrug:

So let's say 420W to keep it themed, and then let's calculate some shit, and let's start with the fact that 1 dry gram per Watt is nice and very possible benchmark to reach even with those goddamned CFLs alone, if you're a highly capable grower.

You are thinking you will reach 225g with 420W right now, that means you would have comparatively gotten to about 325g with 600W as input is output. OK, you didn't grow them for as long so you also saved a lot on electricity, gotta be honest about that part too, but still, I would rather have harvested double by giving them 1 month more grow time.

Now for the question that's been on my mind ever since I noticed you doing it: why the fuck is that cooltube so damn close to those buds? I can't for the life of me remember ever seeing lamps hang THAT low??

--------------------
Sugabearcrisp said:
namaste said:

Jump to top. Pages: < First | < Back | 182 | 183 | 184 | 185 | 186 | 187 | 188 | 189 | 190 | 191 | 192 | 193 | 194 | 195 | 196 | 197 | 198 | 199 | 200 | 201 | 202 | Next >

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   Amazon Hemp, Scales

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden