Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles, CBD Oils   Amazon Agar, Coir, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineCheplatra
Farm Fresh
Other

Mealworm Farmer wonderings/questions * 2
    #27221783 - 02/23/21 09:57 AM (3 days, 4 hours ago)

So I have been growing microdoses for my coder brother and his friends for a few months now, and want to get into edible mushrooms, and I want to use the materials we can't sell from work in mushroom grows to explore new market avenues.

Currently the waste of our mealworm farm is about a ton of frass(insectpoop) a week, and we can't sell it, because there still is no EU rules for using it to fertilize human food.

About a 20L of sheddings a week, which from my research is about 18%chitin and 9%chitosan, both things our lovely shroomies are made of.

About 50kg of bone dry hollowed out potatoes, basically just skins.

I definitely want to add frass to both my grain and substrate in varying amounts because poop = fertilizer. And I read somewhere oysters like nitrogen, which sound like a perfect match since its tested at 3-1-1 NPK. I don't know about the chitin though. Do you guys think the mycelium will use it as is/at all, or does the shrooms prefer to make their own?
I guess the potatoes can be pulverized and used for agar.

I am going to be using my shoebox TEK from the cubes, oats-> coir/verm, no liner, and transplanting the ready colony to a small martha I am assembling @ next payslip. Just like how the astro way's setup.

Any obvious pitfalls or forgettings?
Any suggestions or ideas?
Wanna try? free+shipping, we are literally filling a barn with this stuff.

Experiments will commence next week if Amazon is fast.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles, CBD Oils   Amazon Agar, Coir, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology