Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinePsiloSurvey
Stranger
Psilocybin Survey as Supplement to Semester Project - Okay to Post?
    #27221748 - 02/23/21 09:31 AM (3 days, 4 hours ago)

Hello,

I am a 12th grade student working on a psilocybin-based project for my psychology class. Would it be appropriate to post a short survey on this forum? The survey asks for information regarding recent psilocybin use and longer-term effects. It is completely confidential. The data will be used to supplement my project, which focuses on long term MH and well-being outcomes after psilocybin administration, as well as the feasibility of the bipartite model of serotonergic functioning proposed by Drs Robin Carhart-Harris and DJ Nutt.

Thanks

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OnlineIma Trooper
Chilldog Extraordinaire
Male User Gallery

Loc: United States
Re: Psilocybin Survey as Supplement to Semester Project - Okay to Post? [Re: PsiloSurvey]
    #27221787 - 02/23/21 10:02 AM (3 days, 4 hours ago)

I don't see why not

--------------------
"Its moving of its own accord...and I like that in a shirt!" - Me, tripping.

deCypher said:
Schizophrenia beats dining alone, you know.

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

Re: Psilocybin Survey as Supplement to Semester Project - Okay to Post? [Re: Ima Trooper]
    #27222034 - 02/23/21 01:53 PM (3 days, 29 minutes ago)

Quote:

Ima Trooper said:
I don't see why not

Ethics.

If you've ever done surveys in professional capacity, they require extensive ethical and institutional review, even for de-identified data.  You often see the disclaimers for the surveys from legit universities.  If I owned this site, I'd be super cautious about this.

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

OfflineNOUS333
Stranger Than You
I'm a teapot

Re: Psilocybin Survey as Supplement to Semester Project - Okay to Post? [Re: PsiloSurvey]
    #27222141 - 02/23/21 03:29 PM (2 days, 22 hours ago)

Quote:

PsiloSurvey said:
Hello,

I am a 12th grade student working on a psilocybin-based project for my psychology class. Would it be appropriate to post a short survey on this forum? The survey asks for information regarding recent psilocybin use and longer-term effects. It is completely confidential. The data will be used to supplement my project, which focuses on long term MH and well-being outcomes after psilocybin administration, as well as the feasibility of the bipartite model of serotonergic functioning proposed by Drs Robin Carhart-Harris and DJ Nutt.

Thanks

How many people do you need to complete the survey? Might be easier to just recruit people from this forum and elsewhere and conduct the survey privately.  I'm usually all about just going for what the fuck ever it is you feel you have to do in life....but... you piss the wrong people off here it's like shooting a half retarded grizzly bear in the left nut with a bb gun while dousing yourself in ground salmon.

OnlineIma Trooper
Chilldog Extraordinaire
Male User Gallery

Loc: United States
Re: Psilocybin Survey as Supplement to Semester Project - Okay to Post? [Re: badchad]
    #27222208 - 02/23/21 04:05 PM (2 days, 22 hours ago)

Quote:

badchad said:
Quote:

Ima Trooper said:
I don't see why not

Ethics.

If you've ever done surveys in professional capacity, they require extensive ethical and institutional review, even for de-identified data.  You often see the disclaimers for the surveys from legit universities.  If I owned this site, I'd be super cautious about this.

It sounds like it's for a school project, I've posted surveys lots of places to get data, I don't think it's going into a peer reviewed paper or anything.

--------------------
"Its moving of its own accord...and I like that in a shirt!" - Me, tripping.

deCypher said:
Schizophrenia beats dining alone, you know.

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

Re: Psilocybin Survey as Supplement to Semester Project - Okay to Post? [Re: Ima Trooper]
    #27222298 - 02/23/21 05:04 PM (2 days, 21 hours ago)

Quote:

Ima Trooper said:

It sounds like it's for a school project, I've posted surveys lots of places to get data, I don't think it's going into a peer reviewed paper or anything.

Right.  I don't actually think its a big risk.  However, the types of reviews and clearances done are usually for participant safety. From a safety standpoint, it shouldn't matter if the data are being published or not.  Just offering my $0.02 from having done stuff like this before.

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Community >> The Pub