Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Psychedelic Medicine, Research & Microdosing

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineNargleFart
Stranger
 User Gallery
Dosing question
    #27215994 - 02/20/21 05:31 AM (6 days, 8 hours ago)

Hi, so I've previously taken lower dose recreational trips and I'm looking to take a medicinal trip to help with my depression, anxiety, and PTSD. The dose of psilocybin I've seen in studies is 20mg/70kg and I'm a large dude... About 127kg, but I'm having a hard time gauging how many grams I would need. I know the best one could come to is an average amount psilocybin in mushrooms. Would I need more than a couple 1/8ths?

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinepsysearch
Stranger
Re: Dosing question [Re: NargleFart]
    #27216124 - 02/20/21 08:19 AM (6 days, 5 hours ago)

I'd suggest to try and find studies which have measured the amount of psilocybin in the species you have available.

If I was using psilocybe cubensis, from what I've seen I'd estimate them as 6mg per 1 gram dried mushroom, of course they can vary even within the same batch so it's not exact.

InvisibleRhizomorph
Other

Loc: Canada
Re: Dosing question [Re: NargleFart] * 1
    #27220350 - 02/22/21 03:34 PM (3 days, 22 hours ago)

20mg/70kg is a very high dose for the average person. You'd want to take about 6 dried grams of p. cubensis to meet this dose. being larger will impact metabolism so this could be an ideal dose, but there are other factors that influence metabolism as well - 6 grams could be too high of a dose.

My best advice would be to go up in increments of +1 to +1.5 grams on top of what you've had experience with prior until you reach your ideal effects. This depends somewhat on what the doses of your "lower dose recreational trips" were - I'd caution against jumping from say 2 grams to 6 grams for example.

Keep in mind that the doses described in most studies use synthetic psilocybin that has been measured precisely whereas cubensis can vary to some degree so you likely won't hit the mark perfectly. On top of this, there are contextual differences when taking psilocybin medicinally at home versus in a therapy room with 2 trained psychotherapists. You can mimic the therapy setting for a similar experience, but if you dose too high in the therapy room, there are very strict safety precautions to respond appropriately; these can be hard to meet at home. I'd advise being somewhat more conservative about the dose for this reason.

Good luck and safe travels either way :heart:

--------------------
:thumbup: New to Cultivation? Start here: Bod's easy AF cheapest way to get started - After you figure this out use agar & switch to grain spawn if you want to improve your technique :thumbup:

:awesomenod: Easiest No-Pour Agar Method: Alien's Holy Grail No pour Agar unmodified containers :awesomenod:

Edited by Rhizomorph (02/22/21 03:36 PM)

Invisiblepor

Loc: USA Flag
Re: Dosing question [Re: Rhizomorph]
    #27221495 - 02/23/21 05:45 AM (3 days, 8 hours ago)

In my opinion, 6 grams would be a high dose for a beginner. I am an average weight, experienced psychonaut and 6 gram trips can kick my ass. I like an eighth for a solid trip. 6 may be the perfect dose for you, however. If you have taken mushrooms before, what amount was considered a low dose for you at that time? Point being, don't jump from 1 gram to 6. Best wishes and safe travels man

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Psychedelic Medicine, Research & Microdosing

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: geokills, Asante, Pastywhyte
115 topic views. 1 members, 3 guests and 0 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Print Topic ]
Search this thread:
Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Copyright 1997-2021 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 13 queries.