Home | Community | Message Board

DoubleBlind - Learn to Grow Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon Agar, Brown Rice Flour, Coir, Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinebowlman84
Stranger
All in 1 coir cultivator substrate grow bag questions
    #27221319 - 02/23/21 01:55 AM (3 days, 12 hours ago)

Hi everyone...this is my first post and I am completely (at least compared to most here it seems) new to this, yet I love the idea of mycology. I have a few questions I'm hoping I can get some insights into.
I just got my liquid spore syringe (B+) and ordered an all in 1 coir substrate with a .5 micron filter for inoculation grow bag. I am a bit overwhelmed with all the info and different TEKs so my question is should I fruit inside the same bag that I will be colonizing with or should I put the colonized brick in a tub or bucket once its been fully colonized? I don't have much room to do this so smaller is better. I do not have a tub or anything yet either. The only 2 things I will have is the spore syringe and the grow bag. What else should I get? My main goal is to keep everything small and contained. Do I need perlite?
Also, does the temperature where the bag will be inoculated in and hopefully fruited in is usually 67-70 degrees and its an arid dry climate overall. Is that a decent temp to work with? Will it still fruit at these temps? What would you recommend for humidity or heat if that is too cool? Any help is much appreciated! I'm really excited to get going and learning more as I go :thumbup::grin:

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleFeasoghorm

Re: All in 1 coir cultivator substrate grow bag questions [Re: bowlman84]
    #27221500 - 02/23/21 05:54 AM (3 days, 8 hours ago)

Welcome friend.
Your temp is within range.
You can remove the sub once colonized and put it in a humility chamber of sorts, or you can take the easier route and fruit it in the bag. I learned fruiting in a bag by trial and error so im not the one to give you the best advise on that.

Offlinebowlman84
Stranger

Re: All in 1 coir cultivator substrate grow bag questions [Re: Feasoghorm]
    #27225038 - 02/25/21 01:15 AM (1 day, 13 hours ago)

Thanks for the reply! So I can inoculate the bag with those temps? I was told to put it in like 75-80 temperature. Any recommendation on a source of heat that works well? I'm thinking of trying to fruit inside. I'm really hoping this works but we shall see. Anyone else with any helpful hints would be great. I'm not opposed to transferring the bag once it is inoculated to a shoe-box or a plastic tub. Thanks again for that help, its appreciated :thumbup:

OfflineRamJam
Stranger
Re: All in 1 coir cultivator substrate grow bag questions [Re: bowlman84]
    #27225124 - 02/25/21 03:11 AM (1 day, 11 hours ago)

I'm unfamiliar with this all in one bag grow tek. Usually you use spores on BRF tek or agar.  But if that's a thing that you've researched ok. Don't worry about temps too much close to 70 is fine. It's kind of a waste of time and money to worry about a few extra degrees.  Fruiting in bag is good if your water content is right in your substrate.  But you can spawn it to bulk once colonized for a bigger flush.  I fruit all my shitakes and lions mane in bag cuz I don't have a martha. works fine.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon Agar, Brown Rice Flour, Coir, Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation