Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Coir, Gypsum, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineShiro
Padwon
I'm a teapot

Please tell me this isn’t Trichoderma 🙏
    #27220473 - 02/22/21 05:03 PM (6 days, 9 hours ago)

2 questions... #1 what do you guys think this is. I heard there are other green molds that aren’t Trich. Could it be penicillin or another green bully? #2 does it look like it’s sporulated already or did I catch it possibly just in time? No bad smell detectable. It was all white last week when I looked at tub. I’m trippin cuz I just sent 4 more tubs into spawn the same day I flipped lid on this/ fanned it, and than noticed green. So really hoping that I didn’t just spread spores everywhere around my fresh new tubs. Also doing Bods unmodified tub tek so to add another vector of contam my tubs just have flipped lids with open gaps. No pollyfill. I fear that spores are entering all my new tubs as we speak. I’m going to clean entire grow tent before introducing any more tubs either way. Mush love guys.

--------------------
Learn don’t fail...

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTheMagicConch
Male

Loc: Over here
Re: Please tell me this isn’t Trichoderma 🙏 [Re: Shiro] * 1
    #27220475 - 02/22/21 05:06 PM (6 days, 9 hours ago)

Yes trich. Yes it's sporulated. Get it out of there.

Probably bad spawn. If your spawn is clean and your sub is pasteurized you won't get trich

--------------------
Always, no sometimes, think it's me
But you know I know when it's a dream
I think I know I mean a yes
But it's all wrong, that is I think I disagree ~

OfflineProfessor X
School for the Gifted
 User Gallery

Re: Please tell me this isn’t Trichoderma 🙏 [Re: Shiro]
    #27220481 - 02/22/21 05:07 PM (6 days, 9 hours ago)

Yes it's trich. It doesn't look like the parasitic stuff but toss just for safety. As long as your other tubs are healthy they will probably be fine

--------------------

OfflinePBJ710
Strangler

#27220485 - 02/22/21 05:09 PM (6 days, 9 hours ago)

It's sporulating trich...clean up your culture before expanding it next time.  The unmodified tub is not a contam vector.

OfflineShiro
Padwon
I'm a teapot

Re: Please tell me this isn’t Trichoderma 🙏 [Re: TheMagicConch]
    #27220496 - 02/22/21 05:15 PM (6 days, 9 hours ago)

Dam, I removed the whole bastard the moment I found that this morning. It’s gone. But just before I flipped lid on this i sent 4 tubs to spawn right next to it in same 9x9 grow tent. Those tubs all have flipped lid with open air gap. I’m just imagining spores coming in for landing now. What you think I’m in store for 4 more Trich contams now?

--------------------
Learn don’t fail...

OfflineShiro
Padwon
I'm a teapot

Re: Please tell me this isn’t Trichoderma 🙏 [Re: Professor X]
    #27220501 - 02/22/21 05:20 PM (6 days, 9 hours ago)

May you elaborate on the difference/similarities between the parasitic Trich and the other strains? Might this not be as likely to travel through air and fuck my other grows in same 9x9 tent? They have open gaps in flipped lid so like a runway saying come in spores. Also, I got rid of that tub the moment I saw this green goblin staring me in the eye. I fixed my pasteurization tek so I have faith that my sub in new tubs is indeed healthy. Is Trich less likely to invade through airborn spores and more thru already being inside sub/ spawn?

--------------------
Learn don’t fail...

OfflineShiro
Padwon
I'm a teapot

Re: Please tell me this isn’t Trichoderma 🙏 [Re: PBJ710]
    #27220506 - 02/22/21 05:23 PM (6 days, 9 hours ago)

Fixing all my sterile tek from plates to LC to grain. Also fixed my pasteurization tek. Do you mean to say that Trich is less likely to attack from airborn spores and if sub and spawn is clean than we need not worry as much about sporulating Trich traveling to a new home? As long as spawn and sub is good 2 go. Almost used g2g to abbreviate good to go but remembered it means grain to grain here 😂 just worried that the tubs I sent into fruiting right next to this one are now harboring all the bully spores. I even wafted this tub before seeing green. Never airing out tub before looking first... ever again.

Edited by Shiro (02/22/21 05:25 PM)

OfflineHappinessStanS
Fungivore
Male User Gallery

Loc: Worcester, UK
    #27220508 - 02/22/21 05:23 PM (6 days, 9 hours ago)

Trich and other contaminant spores are everywhere anyway, they would have been introduced to the other tubs regardless of that tub contaminating in their vicinity. We spawn tubs in open air, remember. If those other tubs were made with clean spawn then you should be fine. That being said, were the spawn jars you made the other tubs with expanded from/with the jars you spawned to that tub? Because if so, they may be contaminated and could also allow contaminants like trich to get a hold in your sub.
Just keep an eye on them and don't freak out because one tub contaminated. Also, use your time to work out where your weak link is, it could've been in the agar, from the inoculation of the jars, or possibly from making  lc or g2g. Somewhere along the line your spawn got contaminated.
Remember, we learn from our mistakes.

--------------------
Once upon a time in the land of dreams,
where the sky was silky soft and full of coloured dreams.
Deep inside a rainbow lived Happiness Stan,
in a small Victoriana charabanc.

OfflineShiro
Padwon
I'm a teapot

Re: Please tell me this isn’t Trichoderma 🙏 [Re: HappinessStan]
    #27220556 - 02/22/21 05:50 PM (6 days, 9 hours ago)

Thanks for reminding me of the non sterile conditions we are spawning into regardless. I will keep faith for my other tubs, though keep my eye peeled for any Trich that may have been from spawn. I did spawn the jars I just used in new tubs from master jars that were used in the Trich tub. So I fear it may have been hiding onboard my ship as a stowaway all along. I’ll update on my new tubs in a few weeks (: I will also say I tried pasteurizing HPoo for the first time and so it may have came from improper pasteurization. This time I increased pasteurization time 100% from 60 min to 120. Hopefully it was from that and not spawn jars. To be safe I’m going to reset my spawn from quality clean cultures as well. And keep sharp attention on them all the way down the line. That trich tub was also my first mono adventure, so I accidentally locked lid all the way down, which I’ve heard bod say slows colonization. My tent at the time was only in mid 60s Fahrenheitas well. Lower at night. So I moved tent to another room and got heat up to 75 this time around. That trich tub was trying to colonize for going on 3 weeks now. That didn’t let the myc get a good hold in the first place. I also mixed my spawn instead of layering this time around and didn’t add any top layer. On the trich tub I went sub spawn sub spawn sub. And fear I did WAY too thick of a top layer of sub. I read no layer to super thin if any so just went without l. Hopefully all those adjustments start this party.

--------------------
Learn don’t fail...

OfflineProfessor X
School for the Gifted
 User Gallery

#27221242 - 02/23/21 12:49 AM (6 days, 2 hours ago)

Layering is outdated info. We all mix our sub and spawn now. You can add a top layer it's optional. It helps with surface conditions. I wouldn't worry about the trich either. I've only had parasitic trich once out of hundreds to thousands of tubs. Dumping the affected tubs outside resolved the issue. Trich spores won't germinate on a healthy sub with healthy spawn.

--------------------

OfflineShiro
Padwon
I'm a teapot

Hope restored [Re: Professor X]
    #27227500 - 02/26/21 02:31 PM (2 days, 12 hours ago)

These tubs I sent into bulk spawn after removing my first batch are already 50% colonized at day 5. that first batch that went sour was going on 20 something days with maybe 25% colonization, locked lids with still air, no wonder trich attacked. This time I mixed spawn thoroughly with 50% HPoo, 30% coir and 20% verm. Oh and a bit of gypsum. First batch I left lids locked down this time I flipped them immediately after mixing spawn and sub in tub- per Bods recommendation. The growth is extremely rhizo now and I am stoked to see such prominent colonization this time round. Last run had me slightly disheartened. Though hope is restoring 🙌🙏 we learn so much thru our unsuccessful actions.

--------------------
Learn don’t fail...

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Coir, Gypsum, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation