Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineoliversion
Berkel
California possession laws?
    #2720887 - 05/24/04 12:28 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Hey, whats the legal limit (for mushrooms) in california? I.e. how much can a person have on them or in their home, WITHOUT being charged with intent to sell?

I would assume an 8th would be considered personal intent to consume, but I'd like to know exactly how much I can have without being prosecuted as drug dealer! Please I tried googling for half an hour on this, I need help. Also what are the penalties for a)possession/intent to consume and b/possession/intent to sell?

This is all purely from curiousity...

Edited by oliversion (05/25/04 10:50 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: California possession laws? [Re: oliversion]
    #2720912 - 05/24/04 12:34 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

possession of what

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
    #2720986 - 05/24/04 12:59 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I think he means marijuana. Check this out dude http://www.norml.org/index.cfm?wtm_view=&Group_ID=4525

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

InvisibleMellowMood
Dreamin Man
Loc: in the vast
    #2721054 - 05/24/04 01:16 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

HOLY SHIT! IL sucks balls. less then 2 grams or less and its 1,500. "Gift of less than 28.5 g" 100 bucks...soooo you still profit? Unless 28.5 grams is a lot cheaper.

--------------------
"Im a dreamin man
yes thats my problem
I cant tell when im
not being real"

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
    #2722493 - 05/24/04 01:36 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

intent to sell sometimes has less to do with
quantity and more to do with circumstance.

they guy who gets pulled over with an ounce
in a bag in the glove box is less likely to get
tagged for ITS then the guy that gets popped
with a couple twomps divided up into bags.

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Offlineoliversion
Berkel
    #2724829 - 05/24/04 11:00 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Actually I was asking about shrooms, sorry for not specifying. Shrooms in cali. I suppose there may not be an exact limit, but perhaps a link or cutpaste of the statutes around posession, the difference between pos. and dis.(distribution).

Yeah having it divided up it sketchy lol

--------------------
And the sea of the infinite washed over him, cleansing him of the illusion of the self.

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
    #2724916 - 05/24/04 11:17 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

same difference, though with lower quantities
you're still likely to get penalized with possession
where you may get off if it were just herb.

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #2725124 - 05/24/04 11:51 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

possession you are going have a lot to worry about

always check www.erowid.org

CALIFORNIA

There are three interesting things about the California law regarding spores.
The law appears to state that it is only illegal to import spores into the state if there is intent to cultivate them into mushrooms.
It is not specifically illegal to possess spores, it is only illegal to "transport, import into the state, sell, furnish, or give away" spores or mycelium. Technically, this means that possession of spores obtained from mushrooms inside the state, which are not bought or sold, are not illegal.
Only viable spores appear to be illegal as the law specifically states that it is "spores or mycelium capable of producing mushrooms" which are illegal.

Health & Safety Code
Section 11390-11392

11390. Except as otherwise authorized by law, every person who, with intent to produce a controlled substance specified in paragraph (18) or (19) of subdivision (d) of Section 11054, cultivates any spores or mycelium capable of producing mushrooms or other material which contains such a controlled substance shall be punished by imprisonment in the county jail for a period of not more than one year or in the state prison.

11391. Except as otherwise authorized by law, every person who transports, imports into this state, sells, furnishes, gives away, or offers to transport, import into this state, sell, furnish, or give away any spores or mycelium capable of producing mushrooms or other material which contain a controlled substance specified in paragraph (18) or (19) of subdivision (d) of Section 11054 for the purpose of facilitating a violation of Section 11390 shall be punished by imprisonment in the county jail for a period of not more than one year or in the state prison.

11392. Spores or mycelium capable of producing mushrooms or other material which contains psilocyn or psyoclyin may be lawfuly obtained and used for bona fide research, instruction, or analysis, if not in violation of federal law, and if the research, instruction, or analysis is approved by the Research Advisory Panel established pursuant to Sections 11480 and 11481.

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

Offlineoliversion
Berkel
Re: California possession laws? [Re: kaiowas]
    #2729783 - 05/25/04 10:47 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks all, I guess what I really need to know, but perhaps there is not answer(?) is:  What amount, if you have more than that, means you are a dealer, and will be prosecuted as such?  But the shroom laws seem to be hazy.  I've even looked upthe ca laws and I can't find anything about a quantity, or even the difference between possession and distribution.   

Good to know for weed its an ounce.  One might just assume that for shrooms its half that?  Though with shrooms you use an eighth every time, whereas an eighth of weed lasts a long time, so you would think you could have more, but because its a more serious substance, i guess not?  I wish the answers were somewhere to be found :wink:

--------------------
And the sea of the infinite washed over him, cleansing him of the illusion of the self.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion