Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineMuppet
Nomadic Jester
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: (523) 327-2836
The Sacred Mountain
    #2717227 - 05/23/04 01:19 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

As the story goes - there once was a man who had an incredible life-changing revelation atop a mountain...which he later deemed sacred. Upon hearing his story many of his fellow tribesmen asked to be shown where this mountain was so that they too could experience what  he had. One by one he showed them the way, and one by one they all came back with incredible tales of mystery and spiritualism. There was no doubt in anyone's mind that this mountain was indeed sacred...and the people of the village began going there regularly for spiritual aid.

Stories of the sacred mountain spread to other villages nearby, but none of the people that knew where it was would tell anyone outside their own village of it's whereabouts. They all feared that if too many people took advantage of the mountain's magical abilities the gods would dis-enchant it, and then they would once again have to fight off fammen and dissease and other such catastrophies on their own. So the people from these nearby villages had no choice but to set out and find the mountain on their own.

For many days and many nights they searched and searched...until at last one such villager had the misfortune of falling from a tree and breaking his leg. His friends rushed back to the village to get the medacine man, while he laid where he landed. Upon their return, however, they found his up and about as if nothing had ever even happened. He then told them of a glorious light that shewn upon him from the heavens, and how he was instantly healed. They had apparently found exactly what they had come in search of.

As word spread - more and more villages from the surrounding areas heard about this wonderous mountain. One by one they all sent out small groups of explorers to find it...and one by one they all eventualy stumbled upon exactly what they were looking for.

Eventualy word got back to the original village that many of the other villages in the area had found out about their little secret, and where now using the mountain they had discovered for their own personal gain. The people of the village feared the worse. "We must stop them before the gods take their vengence out on us" they cried...and the village elder became concerned. So he took it upon himself to go up to the mountain himself to ask the spirits for  guidence. Upon his return he made several copies of the same letter, and sent one to the elders of every village within the area.

The instructions of the letter were simple:

"Find a man from your village with eyes like an eagle, and send him to the mountain which you have found to be sacred. Have this man draw exactly what he sees - every rock formation, every tree, every crevice. We shall compare these drawings afterwards and find out once and for all if they are the same mountain or not"

Each elder (knowing that their own people were acting in very much the same way) agreed to the terms, and proceeded to send out a member from their village who they thought was most suited for the job...and upon their return - the elders then proceeded to arange a place where they all could meet and compare the pictures that each one of their people had brought back.

The meeting took place, and allthough there were certainly many similarities between many of the drawings (just as I'm sure there are many similarities between many different mountains) it was decided that the details between the pictures were certainly not the same - and therefor, they couldn't possibly be the same mountain.

Pleased that they had avoided the wrath of their gods - they returned to their perspective villages with the good news...each one taking back a drawing from one of the other villages as absolute proof that the mountain being seen by others was not the same mountain which they themselves held sacred. The villages all seemed pleased by this, and for a short time there was peace.

Eventually though - word spread of the great miracles that were happening on the various other mountains that these other villages held sacred. People then began exaggerating their own mystical experiences and even fabricatig things which never happend, simply to let it be known to all the other villages around that their mountain (and subsequently - their gods) were more powerful then anyone else's.

As word spread even more - the stories become more and more incredible...and the villagers become increasingly more and more obsessed with proving once and for all that there was nothing spiritual about any mountain other then their own. So one by one, they all crept into their perspective elders' abodes to find the drawing of the so called 'sacred' mountain of their enemy...and one by one, they went off in search of eachother's mountains in order to prove that there never was anything special about it in the first place.

Eventually they all found what they were looking for, and they all took note of which mountain their enemy held in high regards. Then (through the cover of night) they made their way to eachother's mountains and desecrated each and every one of them (each tribe destroying the only other sacred mountain they knew about) They burned down the trees and caused giant rock slides - anything they could think of to envoke the wrath of the other village's gods. They then returned home only to find that one of the other villages nearby had done the same exact thing to their mountan as well - the people cried out for blood.

Without knowing which village was responsible for desecrating their own mountain, however, they had no choice but to wage war on every other village around. Unfortunately though - no single village was capable of taking on every single other village in the area...so they all decided to just go back to the original mountain that they had been at before and destroy it twice as bad...only this time they would leave a clear mark as to who was doing the damage - that way they could be confronted by only one other village at a time, thereby increasing their odds of being able to slowly bring down all of them eventually.

All villages had the same exact idea...none of them knew the others were doig the same thing.

They all carried out their plan on the night of the next full moon (so that they could better see what they were doing) and upon returning to their own villages a few days later - they soon realized that they themselves had fallen victim to the same foulplay. It was now clear to everyone exactly which other village was behind destroying their most sacred place...and so each village sent out every warrior it had to the village of their true enemy.

They ransacked eachother's villages - murdered the women and children, took the elders as hostages, and burned down everything in sight...and they all returned o their own village to see that *someone* had done the same to them.

In a blinding rage they all set out for every other village they could find, and they soon realized they had all been burned to the ground. So in one final act of desperation - whomever was left of each village, set out for the only other sacred mountain they were aware of (whichever one was pictured in the drawing brought back by their perspective elders so long ago) and released the full furry of their vengance upon it. All were trying to avenge their own village's death by completely obliterating whatever was left of the one thing that may have possibly helped their enemy survive when they themselves did not - the very place that their gods' had come to their rescue many a time in the past.

As the anger raged on and the people fought continuously day in and day out, they eventually became increasingly more aware that they were not alone. They all eventually decided to scale the mountain they were on in an attempt to get a better view of the surrounding area, so that they could find where exactly their enemies where hiding...and as they reached the top - they found exactly what they were looking for. For each tribe found another tribe from the surrounding area comming up from a different side of the same exact mountain that they themselves where on.

The many different sacred mountains turned out to be the same mountain after all.

At one point in time they were all using the magic of the mountain, and there was no wrath of any their gods. There was never really a reason to fight to begin with - yet they all ended up doing exactly that. And it was their glaoting and their unspoken fears that *maybe* someone else's mountain just might have been better then their own, which eventually lead to each and every one of their downfalls. They all knew that they had stumbled upon something very very special - something which was truth, something which was power, something which was theirs and theirs alone. None of them could accept that anyone else could possibly possess something that even came close to what they felt...and they were willing to do anything to put people that made such claims in their place ---> they had the only real power...and they were bound and determined to rid themselves of anyone that felt otherwise.

And it eventualy escalated until every single one of them lost everything  :nonono:

Thus Spake Muppet

--------------------

:craven:  Ravings of a Madman  :craven:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLoneDeranger
Deranger

Loc: Nonething
Re: The Sacred Mountain [Re: Muppet]
    #2717375 - 05/23/04 02:27 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Good story :laugh:

--------------------
Mescalito is my homeboy...

OfflineMuppet
Nomadic Jester
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: The Sacred Mountain [Re: LoneDeranger]
    #2718574 - 05/23/04 01:48 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

damn...I didn't think anyone was actually gonna read this

I'm glad you enjoyed it mang  :cool:

Thus Spake Muppet

--------------------

Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
Loc: miami, florida
    #2718669 - 05/23/04 02:14 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I hate reading long posts, but that was definitely worth reading. Mad props to ya!

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

Invisiblequestion_for_joo
i'm left. youall can bite me
    #2719092 - 05/23/04 04:11 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

it's an allegory....for the internal fighting that occurred during the 'Three's Company' project

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
    #2721428 - 05/24/04 02:10 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

great story 'mang'

Offlinebumski
cattle russler

#2730215 - 05/25/04 10:13 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Scrumtrillescent.

--------------------
Cheech: Hey man, the house is bein' raided man! opsCays! You hear me man? get-outski!

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #2730409 - 05/25/04 10:59 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

what a great story!!!!!  wow!!!!  fantastic!!!

what can we learn from this?

what I learned from this that I hadn't of thought of before is that despite all of our worries, problems, and vengence, we are all in the same boat.  no matter what type of suffering we have, in the end it is also the same, cause AND effect.

We can apply whatever spirituality we want to, it is all there for us...who is to say which one is "more" spiritual.  who is to say what is and what isn't?  the emphasis matters only to the individual, and  though each person in the same village think alike, each person's version of the sacred mountain is different.

thisis a very coomforting thought since it hints to the fact that we are all on the same path, no matter how different, in strife, in joy, in love, we are all the same

that was lovely....thank you very much muppet  :thumbup:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

OfflineMuppet
Nomadic Jester
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: The Sacred Mountain [Re: kaiowas]
    #2731036 - 05/26/04 03:11 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

wow...I'm impressed you got so much out of it

it makes me feel really good about myself knowing that something I've created could cause that kind of a reaction  :jester:

Thus Spake Muppet

--------------------

Invisiblematts
matts

#2731367 - 05/26/04 07:46 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

OfflineRenegade8
Niggar please

Loc: Orange County
    #2732282 - 05/26/04 01:03 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Cool story!  There's way too much fighting in the world (and on boards like this) over our differences when we're really more similar than we want to realize.  I think Kaiowas said the same thing on some other thread, so I guess I'm just stealing his idea here. :smirk:

--------------------
I'm just see-through faded, super jaded, and out of my mind. - R.I.P. Layne

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom