Home | Community | Message Board

HighDesertSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | Next > | Last >
OfflineStartingOver
Stranger
Male

Loc: New Zealand Flag
Re: "OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN SEASON 2021 (NO ID REQUESTS)" [Re: masterxenn]
    #27405997 - 07/28/21 07:50 PM (5 months, 23 days ago)

Quote:

masterxenn said:
Quote:

Draugr Rekkr said:
I'm central. Around the Avondale area so everywhere is a potential place it's just knowing where to look.

I used to get bulk around Avondale. Ever since lock down combined with all this information on the internet (yes I partly blame myself) now every punk is savvy. Auckland central competition is fierce but the competency low, so not only are the shrooms disappearing almost instantaneously, so too are the chances of re fruiting.

I'm pretty sure in some people's heads they are trying to cover up that they found shrooms wherever they do, but they're actually fucking it up.

On the other hand, there's a bunch of folk that really know what they're doing. I can see their handiwork, and I'm learning from it.

Keeping my mouth more shut than I used to. That's for sure

Ive been trying spread the love around this season by placing stem butts in new locations. It’s sad to think that we may not be able to benefit from these gifts if people keep smashing the spots and the climate keeps changing.

--------------------
“Inevitably out of the psychedelic experience emerges not despair, not self-indulgence, but wild-eyed idealism, that’s the inevitable product of any psychedelically driven social process.” - Terrence McKenna

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Offlinethe man
still tappin caps
Other User Gallery

Loc: C A N A D A
Re: "OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN SEASON 2021 (NO ID REQUESTS)" [Re: Juxter2020]
    #27406045 - 07/28/21 08:20 PM (5 months, 23 days ago)

u can get hook ups for those so can plug them in doubt its more then 8 bucks... or even better just use an old charger an can splice the lines and just plug it in :smile:  its used to power stand alone harddrives. u can also find AC fans that can just slap a plug on aswell.

OfflineGlacia

Loc: The Winterless North Flag
Re: "OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN SEASON 2021 (NO ID REQUESTS)" [Re: StartingOver]
    #27406115 - 07/28/21 09:15 PM (5 months, 23 days ago)

Quote:

StartingOver said:
Quote:

masterxenn said:
Quote:

Draugr Rekkr said:
I'm central. Around the Avondale area so everywhere is a potential place it's just knowing where to look.

I used to get bulk around Avondale. Ever since lock down combined with all this information on the internet (yes I partly blame myself) now every punk is savvy. Auckland central competition is fierce but the competency low, so not only are the shrooms disappearing almost instantaneously, so too are the chances of re fruiting.

I'm pretty sure in some people's heads they are trying to cover up that they found shrooms wherever they do, but they're actually fucking it up.

On the other hand, there's a bunch of folk that really know what they're doing. I can see their handiwork, and I'm learning from it.

Keeping my mouth more shut than I used to. That's for sure

Ive been trying spread the love around this season by placing stem butts in new locations. It’s sad to think that we may not be able to benefit from these gifts if people keep smashing the spots and the climate keeps changing.

So is that why pins have been disappearing in my spots? People ravaging spots?

Offlinesam11
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Flag
Re: "OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN SEASON 2021 (NO ID REQUESTS)" [Re: Glacia]
    #27406214 - 07/28/21 10:02 PM (5 months, 23 days ago)

Maybe that, maybe slugs or birds.
Certainly with increased media attention coupled with sites like this and even more the FB groups it is becoming increasingly popular and easy. Most new people are probably going to have good intentions but there will be a few who will plunder and destroy spots.
I'm working  on establishing new spots which cannot be found by others and can be cared for. Then I'll train a hedgehog to patrol for slugs and snails.

--------------------

InvisibleJuxter2020
Prof.
 User Gallery

Loc: Dreamland
Re: "OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN SEASON 2021 (NO ID REQUESTS)" [Re: sam11]
    #27406251 - 07/28/21 10:22 PM (5 months, 23 days ago)

I'm in Riverhead forest one last time looking for aucklandiae if anybody wants to help me. I was told by someone it's just one area they grow in, is that true?

And yeah if we're discussing locations I can give up all mine since I'm leaving soon. That's just funny because in the US threads it's not allowed but it seems there's no moderators in this one haha. I think the two best hauls were walking around Apollo Dr, and Southern North shore like AUT campus and takapuna. But after I took a bus through Silverdale area I reckon that is the up and coming spot. Probably where masterxenn is hunting but people won't give up the best spots haha. And my other best patch is literally in the center of the cbd and nobody has found it yet, I'm convinced it's the largest least known patch closest to the cbd. It's 2 blocks from sky tower and it's about 4 meters diameter.

Honestly the downside of new zealand is that since you guys get more rain the chips decompose faster, so each location is probably only good for 2 years instead of 4 in California, because it's so dry there. I think I had a spot that was fruiting for 6 years.

--------------------

OfflineDraugr Rekkr
Noob
Male

Re: "OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN SEASON 2021 (NO ID REQUESTS)" [Re: Juxter2020]
    #27406337 - 07/28/21 11:06 PM (5 months, 23 days ago)

In that case I don't want to destroy any spots I may find.. I don't know what to do now. If anyone wants to share anything with me just so I don't go destroying spots I may find flick me a message.

Offlinesam11
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: "OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN SEASON 2021 (NO ID REQUESTS)" [Re: Draugr Rekkr]
    #27406377 - 07/28/21 11:34 PM (5 months, 23 days ago)

It's easy man. gently pluck the shrooms trying not to disturb the ground, sometimes you have to use your other hand to hold the ground/chips down. If a small amount of mycelium is attached to the base no biggy, break it off and either put it in another similar environment or take home and put into woodchip there. Mushrooms want to spread spores so if you wait till they've had a chance to do that it helps, pick after the veil has broken. And don't trample the area. It's simple common sense stuff.

--------------------

OfflineDraugr Rekkr
Noob
Male

#27406473 - 07/29/21 01:07 AM (5 months, 23 days ago)

Quote:

sam11 said:
It's easy man. gently pluck the shrooms trying not to disturb the ground, sometimes you have to use your other hand to hold the ground/chips down. If a small amount of mycelium is attached to the base no biggy, break it off and either put it in another similar environment or take home and put into woodchip there. Mushrooms want to spread spores so if you wait till they've had a chance to do that it helps, pick after the veil has broken. And don't trample the area. It's simple common sense stuff.

I get the picking is easy part but finding them is the hard part 😂

InvisibleJuxter2020
Prof.
 User Gallery

Loc: Dreamland
Re: "OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN SEASON 2021 (NO ID REQUESTS)" [Re: Draugr Rekkr]
    #27406571 - 07/29/21 05:34 AM (5 months, 23 days ago)

You can just use scissors. I have a friend who uses a huge knife. I like to get the whole stem but it depends on the patch. If I built the patch and it's fragile I would Def use scissors. I think ingesting the dirt at the base is good for you. If you ever get worms then just binge 7 shots of hard liquor in 2 hours and they will die instantly. But I probably got worms from other things if I ever did.

There are tons of kiwis who are spreading misinformation, I can't tell you how many amateurs say that each mushroom contains the same trip no matter the size. These are the kind of people who are pulling out baby pins. And then probably throwing the mycelium in a trash can, because they also believe that psilocybes spread by spores HAHAHAHAH. Psilocybes spread primarily by humans planting them. If it was just spores it would probably be like 1 patch per city and nobody would ever find them.
Case in point, like 20% of my patches were sterile subs most likely planted by one of few members on here who literally discussed planting sterile subs in Auckland.

And after extensive testing of the sterile subs I think that they are not as strong. I think that they can actually grow bigger on average maybe because they aren't investing energy into spore production. The benefit of not choking on spores is not worth it.

I have planted like 15 patches or so in new zealand because I don't really feel invested enough but I've planted over 100 in California. I plant a lot of them at schools and low income communities.

--------------------

InvisibleMycoangulo

Loc: Flag
    #27406576 - 07/29/21 05:55 AM (5 months, 23 days ago)

Quote:

I'm in ******* forest one last time looking for aucklandiae if anybody wants to help me. I was told by someone it's just one area they grow in, is that true?

Yes. The secret location is near a large tree, one of the Pines that can be found in certain areas of the forest. It is in the valley that has a small stream at the bottom. Once you can no longer hear the cars on the road you are about half way there.

The Psilocybe aucklandiae can be found under the pine needles dropped from the tree I mentioned earlier. There are some other pines that you might see and those are decoys. This one looks similar, but it can be identified both by the height, which is several meters taller, and from the ferns at the bottom.

--------------------

Offlinesam11
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: "OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN SEASON 2021 (NO ID REQUESTS)" [Re: Mycoangulo]
    #27406597 - 07/29/21 06:55 AM (5 months, 23 days ago)

Quote:

Mycoangulo said:
Quote:

I'm in ******* forest one last time looking for aucklandiae if anybody wants to help me. I was told by someone it's just one area they grow in, is that true?

Yes. The secret location is near a large tree, one of the Pines that can be found in certain areas of the forest. It is in the valley that has a small stream at the bottom. Once you can no longer hear the cars on the road you are about half way there.

The Psilocybe aucklandiae can be found under the pine needles dropped from the tree I mentioned earlier. There are some other pines that you might see and those are decoys. This one looks similar, but it can be identified both by the height, which is several meters taller, and from the ferns at the bottom.

Can confirm all of this. Also watch out for fake rocks

--------------------

Offlinemasterxenn
-~={•X€ñN•}=~-
Male User Gallery

Loc: AK, NZ Flag
    #27407306 - 07/29/21 04:25 PM (5 months, 22 days ago)

...and don't forget about the phony stones, pretend pebbles and shonky shingle.

early morning stroll. AK central

OfflineStartingOver
Stranger
Male

Re: "OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN SEASON 2021 (NO ID REQUESTS)" [Re: masterxenn]
    #27407438 - 07/29/21 05:48 PM (5 months, 22 days ago)

Quote:

masterxenn said:
...and don't forget about the phony stones, pretend pebbles and shonky shingle.

early morning stroll. AK central

Crikey Master you’re still having quite a bit of luck. I might go looking for the Pine tree Mycoangulo mentioned at lunchtime I think I know where it is. Definitely have to watch out for those fake rocks though.

--------------------
“Inevitably out of the psychedelic experience emerges not despair, not self-indulgence, but wild-eyed idealism, that’s the inevitable product of any psychedelically driven social process.” - Terrence McKenna

OfflineStartingOver
Stranger
Male

Re: "OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN SEASON 2021 (NO ID REQUESTS)" [Re: StartingOver]
    #27407896 - 07/29/21 11:58 PM (5 months, 22 days ago)

Couldn’t find the special pine tree today. Spent a good hour and a half in nature but came up empty handed. Just as I had to leave bumped in to a couple of other hunters and one of them found a couple of nice aucklandii so they’re still up there. Just wasn’t my day today.

--------------------

OfflineMpSeph
Cow Field Creature
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gulf Coast USA
    #27408026 - 07/30/21 03:15 AM (5 months, 22 days ago)

Could someone be kind enough to explain the "fake rocks", I have no idea what yall are referring to

--------------------
Tips For A Beginner Mushroom Hunter

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/27146775

One Who Hunts Mushrooms Is A Mushroom Hunter. One Who Eats Them Without Knowing What They Are, Is A Dumb Mushroom Hunter. - Seph

OfflineDolanduck
Esquire

Loc: Nu Zulund
Re: "OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN SEASON 2021 (NO ID REQUESTS)" [Re: MpSeph]
    #27408029 - 07/30/21 03:19 AM (5 months, 22 days ago)

Move over master I’m coming in with the spora microdose.

--------------------

When the going gets weird the weird turn pro - Hunter S Thompson

Offlinesam11
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: "OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN SEASON 2021 (NO ID REQUESTS)" [Re: Dolanduck]
    #27408054 - 07/30/21 04:17 AM (5 months, 22 days ago)

Yeeeeewwww

--------------------

OfflineNZ.huntress
Stranger
Female User Gallery
Loc: Wellington NZ Flag
Re: "OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN SEASON 2021 (NO ID REQUESTS)" [Re: Dolanduck]
    #27408056 - 07/30/21 04:22 AM (5 months, 22 days ago)

Went out hunting in a very small spot of native forest and was fortunate to find some weraroa. I was surprised how olive green looking the babies were. I left them in situ.

Oddly when I made a Tek this morning there were tiny live worm looking things floating around, so I stained it through a paper towel which worked ok.

I'm sorry I took the chips now, I'm learning so much from here. I'm taking my stalks with me on walks and popping them into likely places for the future.

I've also been reading about how to cultivate mycelium from spores. It looks tricky, but have ordered some petri dishes and agar. My hope is to get more weraroa out there. Growing at home is fine but I think these gifts are meant to be shared, and planting publicly seems like the best way to support the future of the community.

I hope everyone is still having some luck.

OfflineNZ.huntress
Stranger
Female User Gallery
Loc: Wellington NZ Flag
    #27408059 - 07/30/21 04:24 AM (5 months, 22 days ago)

Holy crap Sam!! Massive haul, good for you!!

Offlinesam11
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: "OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN SEASON 2021 (NO ID REQUESTS)" [Re: NZ.huntress]
    #27408077 - 07/30/21 05:22 AM (5 months, 22 days ago)

Dont worry too much about the chips, you will make up for it. Ive never used agar but the subs secos, roa are well suited to low tech methods. Eat the worms, if they're still alive maybe the teas not hot enough. Awesome that found some wereroa too! Photos?
Yeah by far the most secos I've ever found. Pretty happy, got a few cheeky avos too!! Score!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale