Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicago, USA Flag
Re: Nobel Prize Winner who used LSD [Re: Hooty]
    #2703820 - 05/19/04 11:13 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I !????  ruined it:smirk:

--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblefearfect
Loc: Flag
Re: Nobel Prize Winner who used LSD [Re: Help on the Way]
    #2704329 - 05/20/04 01:24 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

i haven't done lsd... but ive done shrooms a few times. does that mean i can win a nobel prize too?! :laugh:

seriously though.. i can see where he's coming from.  If I was on the verge of some huge discovery and i dropped acid.. i have a feeling i know where the trip would lead.  psychedelics allow me to think outside the box to a MUCH greater extent then i normally can.  perhaps looking at his experiments from a different perspective helped him as well.

InvisiblePhencyclidine
Molecule

Re: Nobel Prize Winner who used LSD [Re: Brugman]
    #2704830 - 05/20/04 08:43 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Brugman said:
the guy SAID he couldn't have done it without LSD.

No, he said he doubted it.

Quote:

Why are you making such a huge deal out of it?  :wink:

I've already explained.  Read above.

LOL @ whoever implied that I'm a close-minded visitor.

Anonymous

Re: Nobel Prize Winner who used LSD [Re: Phencyclidine]
    #2705148 - 05/20/04 10:34 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

You gotta watch those "psychedelic idealists" :wink:

OfflineHooty
Reality isRelative

Re: Nobel Prize Winner who used LSD [Re: Organic]
    #2706881 - 05/20/04 04:16 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Deepblue I definately wasn't pointing any fingers at you...

--------------------

Without love in the dream
It will never come true

InvisiblePhencyclidine
Molecule

Re: Nobel Prize Winner who used LSD [Re: Organic]
    #2708749 - 05/20/04 10:34 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Interesting thing about the term "psychedelic idealists" is that I had never heard the term before I started using it. Someone was trying to tell me that the definition I gave of "psychedelic idealist" was so narrow that almost nobody else would agree on the definition. Another person came up with a link to a doctoral thesis that someone was doing on 'psychedelic idealists (on the internet)' who was using the same definition of me. It's definately a recognizeable group, IMO.

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
Re: Nobel Prize Winner who used LSD [Re: Hooty]
    #2717414 - 05/23/04 03:06 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Once, i was basically failing a chem class, and a single night on lsd towards the end of the semester was responsible for me pulling a B in the class. I think that is why i thought the whole LSD inspired Nobel Prize story to be so cool. Although im sure most people who have used psychedelics would think its a pretty cool story

Kary Mullis seems to be a pretty interesting guy. Although I was reading some of his theories on AIDS which seem kind of far out, i think he said AIDS isn't caused by HIV, but by the medications they give people to treat HIV. i dont really know about that...but i still think he's interesting

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
    #2717445 - 05/23/04 03:20 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

thanks for the friendly rating pcp :smile:
grow up and stop jacking threads

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

InvisiblePhencyclidine
Molecule

#2720920 - 05/23/04 10:37 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Once, I was doing very poorly in a math class. I studied while on LSD a number of times and my average went up over 30%. I suspect that it may have had something to do with the ability to visual graphs. I can't be sure of that though. It might simply have been related to the fact that I was now putting a lot more time into studying math.

Hell, I went into my last year of high school chemistry with an average around 65%. The last month before exams I did LSD once every 3 to 4 days. I did half a sheet in that month. I studied for chemistry during the comedowns of some of the trips close to my chemistry exam. I almost got 100% on my exam. Was it the LSD? Or was it simply that I was now actually putting a lot of time into studying chemistry?

"jacking threads"? Don't be such a baby. It's not your thread.

Offlineiloveraving
Fighting themachine...

Loc: ..long road ahead..
    #2720961 - 05/23/04 10:51 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Phencyclidine said:
Once, I was doing very poorly in a math class. I studied while on LSD a number of times and my average went up over 30%. I suspect that it may have had something to do with the ability to visual graphs. I can't be sure of that though. It might simply have been related to the fact that I was now putting a lot more time into studying math.

Hell, I went into my last year of high school chemistry with an average around 65%. The last month before exams I did LSD once every 3 to 4 days. I did half a sheet in that month. I studied for chemistry during the comedowns of some of the trips close to my chemistry exam. I almost got 100% on my exam. Was it the LSD? Or was it simply that I was now actually putting a lot of time into studying chemistry?

"jacking threads"? Don't be such a baby. It's not your thread.

So what are you saying? Did you visualize the graphs or what?

--------------------
Daisy Wedding Favors

InvisiblePhencyclidine
Molecule

Re: Nobel Prize Winner who used LSD [Re: iloveraving]
    #2721119 - 05/23/04 11:44 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I did visualize the graphs, but that doesn't prove to me that LSD helped me learn math. Also, it doesn't mean that I couldn't have done it without LSD. The correlation between LSD use and the improved marks doesn't imply causation. I suspect that in the case of the math marks, the LSD may've helped, due to the visualization of the graphs, but I can't say for certain. That's what I'm saying. I don't really know, even though this happened inside my own head.

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
    #2721362 - 05/24/04 01:40 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

"okay man...you have made shitloads of posts in lots of acid/shroom threads about how they can't prove that psychedelics have benefited anybody, etc.....we ALL know where you stand....if you want to keep arguing that, the go ahead and do it in some other threads, but please dont ruin my post by doing that here."

Maybe he says that because he likes PCP, look at his avatar, if thats his idea of tripping???

The right person can not only enjoy psychedelics ...but of course you could get smarter.

And there are more famous acid users then you might realize, anyone who thinks that psychedelics and quatum physics dont relate to each other or that LSD might help someone understand it , has NOT read ANYTHING about these subjects.

Good post 5 SHROOMS!

--------------------

InvisiblePhencyclidine
Molecule

Re: Nobel Prize Winner who used LSD [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #2721442 - 05/24/04 02:17 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Psilocybeingzz said:
Maybe he says that because he likes PCP, look at his avatar, if thats his idea of tripping???

I have never used PCP.

Really though, you're implication seems to be that obviously there's something wrong with me if I think a PCP trip is a real trip. Do you understand that you're being snobby about psychedelic drugs?

Quote:

anyone who thinks that psychedelics and quatum physics dont relate to each other or that LSD might help someone understand it , has NOT read ANYTHING about these subjects.

I've read about both. They do relate to each other, just like any two subjects relate to each other. Agriculture also relates to quantum physics. Of course, you're suggesting something more profound, but you're too vague about it for me to understand.

I highly doubt that Erwin Schrodinger was using LSD when he came up with his famous wave equation or that Max Plank was dropping acid when he proposed the idea of energy being quantized.

OfflineAnnom
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
Re: Nobel Prize Winner who used LSD [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #2721512 - 05/24/04 02:46 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

anyone who thinks that psychedelics and quatum physics dont relate to each other or that LSD might help someone understand it , has NOT read ANYTHING about these subjects.

Psychedelics and quantum physics? What is the relation? I've read a lot about psychedelics and quantum physics, can't find a major relation.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies