Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblelearning_byte
click here

might this be what kundalini raising is??
    #2717328 - 05/23/04 03:57 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Last night, I was in front of my computer, and I was bored, so I started to meditate, I have to add that i smoked some pot before. While i was meditating something strange happened, It felt like from the tip of my spine was electricity going up, trought the spine, to the neck to the head, while this was happening my mind felt total sober but in my vision (while eyes closed) were patterns and colors, the whole thing was really intense, some moans escaped from my mouth, which I was aware. My mind was in a peaceful state the whole time. It is really hard to explain. I dont know how long it lastes, maybe 20 or 30 minutes, but after that i was so relaxed, no stress, i thought iwas getting the flu that night, in the morning I was perfect.

So for the people who have any experiences like that, let me know what you think.

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMuppet
Nomadic Jester
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: (523) 327-2836
Re: might this be what kundalini raising is?? [Re: learning_byte]
    #2717374 - 05/23/04 04:27 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

sounds like kundalini to me  :thumbup:

Thus Spake Muppet

--------------------

:craven:  Ravings of a Madman  :craven:

Invisiblewandrnshaman
old hand
Loc: Pinellas Co, FL
    #2717387 - 05/23/04 04:39 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I think you raised kundalini energy but it may have stopped at the ajna. Might explain why you thought you were getting sick.

Offlineeve69
--=..Did Adam and ...?=--
Male User Gallery

Loc: isle de la muerte Flag
    #2717603 - 05/23/04 08:47 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Pot slows down the thinking process, and heightens the experience of thought, and as such it can prolong the silent aspect which exists between thoughts aiding in the withdrawl of the mind from the senses, and thereby focusing the pranas into the central channel or avaduti. However, it's unlikely that the actual kundalini was raised. The winds collecting in the central column can feel similar. The difference would be the production of great and formless bliss from the expression of kundalini, which would be lasting even in activity. Not merely peace but bliss. And you should be happy about this. To raise kundalini without a real technique is asking to have your mind unhinged. Let me tell you that I had tripped on acid, and done lots of drugs and attempted meditation for a long time, and it wasn't until I learned TM when I was fifteen that kundalini was activated. I actually saw the kundalini snake raise its head and hiss. So kundalini is real, but no it's not easily aroused. Though many people make the mistake in thinking so.

--------------------
...or something

Invisiblemr crisper

Re: might this be what kundalini raising is?? [Re: eve69]
    #2717799 - 05/23/04 11:19 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

To raise kundalini without a real technique is asking to have your mind unhinged.

very good point, its not something you want to force, let it happen.
think icarus

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida
    #2717900 - 05/23/04 12:10 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Allow me to introduce you to the classic self-report book on this: Kundalini: The Evolutionary Energy in Man by Gopi Krishna. Gopi died a few years ago, but this is the first and best of his books. It describes his spontaneous arousals of the Serpent Power, and the illness that ensued when it moved up the Solar [Pingala] channel instead of the Central [Sushumna] channel. He meditated early in the morning, focusing on the Sahasrara as a lotus in full bloom, but he had been meditating for some 20 years! Check it out.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Invisiblelearning_byte
click here

Re: might this be what kundalini raising is?? [Re: wandrnshaman]
    #2720773 - 05/23/04 11:57 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I didnt feel sick because of it, that day i Was feeling like i was going to have the flu, but after that all the symptons dissapeared. It was really weird, but not scary or anything, I felt presences in head, in the vision that i had in closed eyes, and it felt like that energy was released through the top of my head. Also when i thought about my hands in my closed eyes I would see a light for each hand, and also the feeling wasnt new to my mind, like it happened before but from what I remembered it never happened.

--------------------

InvisibleJenny
part of thewhole
Male User Gallery

Loc: Columbus, OHIO
    #2720809 - 05/24/04 12:10 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

something similar happened to me while meditating not long ago. definitely kundalini, think of it as clearing "junk" out of your system. Coolness  :thumbup:

--------------------

Mindfulness is the aware, balanced acceptance of the present experience.
It isn't more complicated than that.
It is opening to or recieving the present moment, pleasant or unpleasant, just as it is,
without either clinging to it or rejecting it.

Anonymous

#2721068 - 05/24/04 01:20 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Post History Deleted Upon User's Request

OfflineMystrysAbsynth
emotional RETARD

#2723615 - 05/24/04 05:48 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I won't even go into my awakening here again as it's been covered, let's just say...these things can be HELL if there is such a place.

Yours, Unlikely a true "awakening".
HOWEVER, there are many types of experiences and none are necessarily just like any other.
There are those that are awakend spontaneously due to some form of energy,emotional, neurological, and/or bodily trauma. Still dangerous.

There are those awakenings that come by Grace and completely burn thru who you were, changing every aspect of your mind, body, and spirit to make way for the evolution of your spirit.Preparing you for your duty in your next life.

There are the Indigo children...those born awakened and yes some with a much higher brain capacity already than most of us as well as special "abilities" .

Lastly those who have spent many years in the readiness phase, having prepared their minds and bodies, they have cleansed themselves.Bodies and minds purified. They have prepared themselves with the ancient and sacred rituals. The ones known to encourage the Goddess Kundalini to rise. To call her forth with her flaming ascent can be no light undertaking. Neither is it a laughing matter when she starts HER CLEANSING! The fire, the electricity, some will wish her away, but it's too late!!! Kundalini Shakti will do as she pleases now. She is not to be controlled.
>>>>Do your reading, practice your bandhas, asanas and mudras, know in your mind what you are looking at before striking out to call on the Mother of all Maya.

No one(intelligent) goes picking mushies and just eats them without knowing SOMETHING. Treat this the same way you would mycology. Arm yourself with knowledge. Educate yourself before trying to "play" at something that can be harmful. And yes...Gopi Krishna's book will help you understand why you shouldn't "play" with Kundalini.A true story of what happened to a grown man who HAD PREPARED himself for Her arrival...so he thought. And if HE had a hard time.........*shakes my head*

Good luck

Namaste
~K~

--------------------
Try not to let your mind wander...It is too small and fragile to be out by itself

Edited by MystrysAbsynth (05/24/04 05:51 PM)

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: might this be what kundalini raising is?? [Re: ]
    #2724484 - 05/24/04 09:41 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Fascinating.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
    #2724578 - 05/24/04 10:08 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

thats pretty hard core.. but believeable... Was this friend a really close one? ... That is very strange how the bruise is still there, but stranger about how you were fine right after she hit you, but then the next day your situation became possibly life threatening... Another chronicle for the evergrowing book of the Unknown
peace

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Re: might this be what kundalini raising is?? [Re: 2Experimental]
    #2725248 - 05/25/04 12:18 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

When my kundalini first awakened it was like losing my innocence; I was cast down into a flaming delusional abyss in which I would experience both bliss and agony. That was a few years back. Today I would say that kundalini energy has made me into a person much more unafraid, much more eye-opened, and much more in-tune with the Universe... I have reached a point where I regret nothing, and try to be open to everything.

It seems that humanity as a whole is having some sort of mass-awakening of the kundalini energy, maybe it's something within ourselves that is being activated to save the species from obliterating itself... No one can say for certain.

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

Anonymous

Re: might this be what kundalini raising is?? [Re: 2Experimental]
    #2725287 - 05/25/04 12:27 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Post History Deleted Upon User's Request

InvisibleJenny
part of thewhole
Male User Gallery

Loc: Columbus, OHIO
    #2725446 - 05/25/04 12:58 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

wow, thats definitely fascinating, thanks for sharing!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :heart: :thumbup: :thumbup:

--------------------

Mindfulness is the aware, balanced acceptance of the present experience.
It isn't more complicated than that.
It is opening to or recieving the present moment, pleasant or unpleasant, just as it is,
without either clinging to it or rejecting it.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #2725516 - 05/25/04 01:15 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Here's the deal on kundalini as I know it:
It lies coiled at the base of the spine as potential energy.. when it is released it requires clear, balanced chakras to weave it's way through them and shoot it's energy out of the crown chakra.. and what comes up must comes down.. the kundalini energy mixes with prana or life force in the universe and 'rains' back down into the cells of your body.

Now, if the chakras were clear when the energy was released, when it mixes with the prana and rains back down it will neutralize negative energies or 'cleanse' itself... if the chakras were unbalanced or blocked.. the energy will rain down and begin a long, grinding, cleansing process as it assimilates into your cells. This is about as well as I can understand and explain the concept in english.

Premature kundalini release can be harmful to oneself, the idea is to clear the etheric body including karma as much as possible before releasing kundalini. The chakras should be functioning and balanced. The difference between the two being.. if the chakras are balanced.. the kundalini release is pure bliss.. if the chakras are blocked.. a long, painful, healing proces.

But either way.. you learn the lesson. It's just a little smoother one way.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology