Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Amazon Agar, Brown Rice Flour, Rye Grain

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinePetebale
Stranger
 User Gallery
Think I have recovered from cobwebs on my first grow
    #27148187 - 01/14/21 07:11 PM (1 month, 11 days ago)

This was what I saw a few days in. I sprayed it 3 times with peroxide and on the third time I misted the entire box . I turned my fan timer up a little and things seem to have recovered. A couple of days later the empty spots under where the cobwebs were have filled in and things are hopefully on track again.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineCrackatoaS
Stranger in a strange land
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Over by your Mama's house Flag
Re: Think I have recovered from cobwebs on my first grow [Re: Petebale] * 2
    #27148499 - 01/14/21 09:36 PM (1 month, 11 days ago)

Good luck :thumbup: That thing would be in my trash by now. I wouldn't expect much and I hope I'm wrong.

OfflineGrinchGrower
N00B
Male User Gallery

Re: Think I have recovered from cobwebs on my first grow [Re: Crackatoa]
    #27148616 - 01/14/21 10:44 PM (1 month, 11 days ago)

That looks like a very intricate FC...
If I need to resort to peroxide on my tubs I think I'd be more inclined to toss them out as well, but that's awesome you were able to revive it!
Maybe try covering some of those exposed grains a bit more with a top layer next time?

OfflineTstone
St.of Circumstance
 User Gallery

Loc: This Planet
Re: Think I have recovered from cobwebs on my first grow [Re: GrinchGrower] * 2
    #27148672 - 01/14/21 11:11 PM (1 month, 11 days ago)

Unsure of the contraption you built. Half your problem.

--------------------
Wake now, discover that you are the song that morning brings, but the heart has it's seasons, it's evenings and songs of it's own"

OfflineShroomhunts
Hunter Gatherer
Male User Gallery

Loc: PA
Re: Think I have recovered from cobwebs on my first grow [Re: Tstone]
    #27150522 - 01/15/21 11:03 PM (1 month, 10 days ago)

Move it outside dont spread the spores or you could sabotage your future attempts

--------------------

You never kno

OfflinePetebale
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Think I have recovered from cobwebs on my first grow [Re: Shroomhunts]
    #27151382 - 01/16/21 02:10 PM (1 month, 9 days ago)

Thanks for all the good advice , unfortunately where I am now. (Small apartment in the city) I’m not able to move it anywhere. But I don’t have anything else going on right now. I’m looking for a bigger place and then maybe I can set up a dedicated room with better conditions. I’m a bit worried that this might go bad but at this point I think I need to just ride it out and see how it goes. So far the cobwebs haven’t come back. I wish I had found this site before making many mistakes. Including spending bitcoins at an overseas seller that never paid off. Lol

InvisiblezManS
zMan

Re: Think I have recovered from cobwebs on my first grow [Re: Petebale]
    #27152997 - 01/17/21 10:48 AM (1 month, 8 days ago)

Middle of left side looks not good and same with bottom right. You may have gotten rid of the cobweb on top but the stuff in the middle of the substrate is not doing good, you can bet that. This thing will grow other molds before any mushrooms.

But hey I'm intrigued so I'll hang around. Rules are meant to be broken.

--------------------
Information for everyone: http://www.mushroomvideos.com
Are your grains or spawn clean? CLICK THIS CHECKLIST

OfflinePetebale
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Think I have recovered from cobwebs on my first grow [Re: zMan]
    #27170883 - 01/26/21 03:17 PM (30 days, 11 hours ago)

You were right . I cut out 2 big chunks that started turning green. And a few times after I’ve cut out tiny pieces of green. I made huge mistakes from the beginning including giving it FAE from the day I put everything in the tub. I ended up soaking it again, closing off fae holes and covering the tub with a towel and now I am starting to get a handful of pins. I had injected spores into another bag of rye seeds to prepare to start over and the day I was planning on dumping the tub I noticed 2 pins. Left it one more day and now there are a handful of pins and a bunch of primordial. I’ll try to give it air now and see if I can’t get something out of it. But will probably start another tub anyway and hopefully do a better job with what I’ve learned since beginning this hobby.

OfflineCrackatoaS
Stranger in a strange land
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Over by your Mama's house Flag
Re: Think I have recovered from cobwebs on my first grow [Re: Petebale] * 1
    #27170920 - 01/26/21 03:32 PM (30 days, 11 hours ago)

Giving FAE on spawning day didn't do anything. You mixed your spawn and substrate with the top off. Going to fruiting conditions on day 1 is common practice. Sadly, if you used the same syringe you used for this tub. This is going to be the outcome of the next tub more than likely unless the contamination came from your sterile work when you inoculated. Going syringe to grain was first mistake. Start brf or agar. Just know if it wasn't your sterile work, it's the syringe. You can clean it on agar it's just gonna take few transfers, 3-5 transfers.

OfflinePetebale
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Think I have recovered from cobwebs on my first grow [Re: Crackatoa]
    #27179841 - 01/31/21 09:01 PM (25 days, 5 hours ago)

So here is an update. I have chopped away about 20% of my substrate and finally seems to have gotten all the green . I had 2 mushrooms that I picked today about 4 inches long. I decided to eat them this morning. I also decided to start my other tub. But this time I was going to be extra diligent about cleanliness. I bought a new mop and used a cleaner with bleach in it to wash the ceilings and walls and sprayed the work area with alcohol . As I was spraying down my bags of substrate and rye berries with alcohol I started feeling a little something and started noticing my vision changing . I hurried through layering my rye berries and substrate as fast as I could got it sealed up . At this point I had it all together and the lid on it. I figured I would move it to its home on its warming pad later. The landlord keeps it at 62 in the building. At this point I was feeling really good. But certainly couldn’t focus on any tasks. My eyes were burning from all the cleaning products so I opened a window. I then turned the oven on to help supplement the heat. For the next hour I would get up to get some wool socks cause my feet were cold. Get halfway to the drawer and then get turned around and sit back down to then realize my feet were cold so get back up to get the socks. Eventually I got the socks and was incredibly happy. At this point I was starting to feel a little sick and realized the oven had been running with the door open for almost 2 hours. Shut it off and opened the kitchen window. Needless to say I forgot to close the window for hours too. Now I had to pee so I went into the bathroom and for some reason started peeing at a 90 degree angle all over the shower curtain and onto the floor. Soaking my great comfy wool socks that took at least an hour to get onto my feet. What I’ve learned is I’m a menace . How am I allowed to be out unsupervised. 

InvisiblezManS
zMan

Re: Think I have recovered from cobwebs on my first grow [Re: Petebale]
    #27180369 - 02/01/21 08:09 AM (24 days, 18 hours ago)

:borat: sounds like a good time.

I keep my agar plates in my basement which is super cold and they seem to do just fine there.

--------------------
Information for everyone: http://www.mushroomvideos.com
Are your grains or spawn clean? CLICK THIS CHECKLIST

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Amazon Agar, Brown Rice Flour, Rye Grain

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started