Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinenalakava
Stranger

Help needed: Cloning to agar to grain
    #27159669 - 01/20/21 02:08 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

So I cloned some shrooms I grew a few weeks back following Frank's Proper Cloning Tek
I had to leave the plate growing for two weeks while I went on a ski trip. When I came back, I transferred 8 sectors into new blank plates using D3's Perfect Transfers Tek
This is the plate after I took out the circles:

Now it's been three days since I did that first transfer and this is how all plates look like:

Here's closer pics of each plate:

What are my next steps? Should I pick my best plate and work from there?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemushhead
Potato Devourer
I'm a teapot

Loc: Dimension H-231
Re: Help needed: Cloning to agar to grain [Re: nalakava]
    #27159675 - 01/20/21 02:12 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

I would allow them a few days growth, discern by visual cues the "nice" looking mycelium.
I say "nice" because its all subjective to the genetics you're working with.
after you've selected which plates you want to xfer from I'd take the xfer but then also use the same plate for a jar.
this way I have the transfer going on agar and also a jar in the colonization stage.
The jar gets used in a shoebox where I then chose another clone from a cluster.
rinse and repeat.

Quote:

nalakava said:

4 O'clock position on the growth within this plate looks great to transfer with.

--------------------
Meditation Principles

Silence: Giving you room to listen / Stillness: Giving you room to feel / Spaciousness: Just giving you room

Edited by mushhead (01/20/21 02:24 PM)

Offlinetiptrippy
The Mechanic
Male

Loc: United States Flag
Re: Help needed: Cloning to agar to grain [Re: nalakava]
    #27159678 - 01/20/21 02:13 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Let them grow out a bit then drop like 4 wedges in each quart size grain jar since you have so many plates. Use each jar as a master jar and g2g them to 10 other jars each. That will give you 50 quarts of spawn easily or you can take 10 of them and use them as masters to make another 100 quarts of spawn. All with the same genetics as that clone.

Invisiblemushhead
Potato Devourer
I'm a teapot

Re: Help needed: Cloning to agar to grain [Re: tiptrippy]
    #27159687 - 01/20/21 02:18 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

tiptrippy said:
Let them grow out a bit then drop like 4 wedges in each quart size grain jar since you have so many plates. Use each jar as a master jar and g2g them to 10 other jars each. That will give you 50 quarts of spawn easily or you can take 10 of them and use them as masters to make another 100 quarts of spawn. All with the same genetics as that clone.

before running through this process it would be advisable to narrow down a little.
The clone obviously has over thousands of different genetics within it.
removing a few of them by transfer and shoebox fruiting greatly increases chances of high yield and at least for me in many cases high potency.

Offlinetiptrippy
The Mechanic
Male

Re: Help needed: Cloning to agar to grain [Re: mushhead] * 1
    #27159692 - 01/20/21 02:20 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

mushhead said:
Quote:

tiptrippy said:

before running through this process it would be advisable to narrow down a little.
removing a few of them by transfer and shoebox fruiting greatly increases chances of high yield and at least for me in many cases high potency.

Yeah this is probably a better idea haha

I get so excited when I see a bunch of clean myc on agar I just wanna go straight to grain

Offlinenalakava
Stranger

Re: Help needed: Cloning to agar to grain [Re: tiptrippy] * 1
    #27159700 - 01/20/21 02:25 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Thank you all so much for the help. So I give plate 2 a few days. After I transfer from it, what would you do with the other plates?

Invisiblemushhead
Potato Devourer
I'm a teapot

Re: Help needed: Cloning to agar to grain [Re: tiptrippy]
    #27159701 - 01/20/21 02:25 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

tiptrippy said:
Quote:

mushhead said:
Quote:

tiptrippy said:

Yeah this is probably a better idea haha

I get so excited when I see a bunch of clean myc on agar I just wanna go straight to grain

me too and so do many others, no problem with it either, I just like to get uniform canopies.

Quote:

nalakava said:
Thank you all so much for the help. So I give plate 2 a few days. After I transfer from it, what would you do with the other plates?

Give them the same chance as you would give plate 2.
with plates I don't xfer from and they win out on the plate, meaning they've finished colonizing the entire plate, I usually send it to grain no matter how it looks as long as its clean mushroom mycelia.
If they win the plate, they get to fruit.

Offlinenalakava
Stranger

Re: Help needed: Cloning to agar to grain - Picture Updates [Re: mushhead]
    #27167275 - 01/24/21 01:26 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

It's been 4 days since the first post. I'm gonna do my transfers today, but I wanted to show yall how it's looking:

This is plate 1:

This is plate 2:

Offlinetiptrippy
The Mechanic
Male

Re: Help needed: Cloning to agar to grain - Picture Updates [Re: nalakava]
    #27167719 - 01/24/21 06:00 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Both of those look great to me.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds