Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Loc: House of Mirrors
The Official Biohacking Crew Thread * 1
    #27167084 - 01/24/21 11:21 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Over the course of the past 8 or so years, I've dabbled in and out of the biohacking/"nootropics" communities. I was basically always looking for a drug that would get me high and make me smarter without any consequences. To this end I tried a lot of shit- all of the racetam compounds, at least a dozen herbal compounds like bacopa monnieri, tumeric/curcumin extract, ginseng extract, ashwagandha, mucuna pruriens, and more. I've used almost all of the commercially available choline supplement formulations. I've tried the so-called "Mr. Happy Stack" (Uridine+DHA+Choline).

None of that shit really worked for me. Much of it was mood- and perhaps cognition-altering, but there were always consequences and side effects associated with them.

In an effort to stop vaping I recently got a booked on a recommendation from someone called End Your Addiction Now. The book has very straightforward stacks of amino acids, vitamins, and minerals to address various neurotransmitter deficiency-induced dependencies.

I swear to god this stuff works. I maintain a good mood, energy, and focus. I laugh like I did when I was a child. I feel like working out and being active. I don't feel like using drugs for recreational purposes anymore. I still vape, but only a tiny fraction of what I used to. My sebaceous secretions have also totally cleared up, which I'll touch on later.

The current stack I use is

DL-Phenylalanine 1000mg 2x/day 30min before breakfast/lunch
L-Tyrosine 1000mg 2x/day 30min before breakfast/lunch
L-Glutamine 2000mg 3x/day 30min before each meal
L-Tryptophan 1000mg 3x/day 30min before each meal
L-Leucine 500mg 3x/day 30min before each meal
L-Glycine 1000mg 3x/day 30min before each meal.
L-Methionine 500mg 3x/day 30min before each meal
Vitamin C 2000mg 2x/day 30min before breakfast/lunch
Methylsulfonylmethane 2000mg 2x/day 30 before breakfast/lunch (this cleared up my sebaceous secretions. wasn't my intent, but I noticed
Multivitamin/multimineral 1x day with breakfast
Soy Lecithin 1200mg 3x/day with meals (this, tryptophan, and vitamin C are the primary ones for nicotine cessation)

The others are involved in synthesizing or preventing the breakdown of many neurotransmitters you have surely heard of, like dopamine, endorphins, and serotonin.  These are all constituents of food rather than herbs with drugs or drugs themselves. The usefulness has to do with the timing of their consumption according to the author. When you each a bunch of proteins inside food there is competition for absorption, and each person's body utilizes these amino acids at different rates according to metabolic differences. So eating these and only these on a empty stomach when your adrenocorticotropin releasing hormone is highest basically shunts metabolism in the direction of neurotransmitter production. Supposedly.

I hesitate to say that I feel high all the time now- maybe this is just what normal is supposed to feel like. But within the context of my experience it sort of feels like I am high all the time now.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMorphinTime
Tulpa
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Angel Grove
Re: The Official Biohacking Crew Thread [Re: morrowasted]
    #27167244 - 01/24/21 01:06 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Do you keep logs or a personal journal regarding what you use?

--------------------

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Re: The Official Biohacking Crew Thread [Re: MorphinTime]
    #27167263 - 01/24/21 01:16 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

No, I do not.

OfflineMorphinTime
Tulpa
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #27167280 - 01/24/21 01:29 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

I was kind of hoping you did, oh well.  I want to start on a similar regimen.  I drink a lot and don't have much time to work out usually on top of that, so I figured supplementation on top of diet changes would be beneficial to my health.

Stacking Zinc, Acetyl-L-Carnitine, omega-3s, and theanine are probably a good start to stack as an alcoholic, yeah? I do take a multivitamin and CoQ10 in the mornings

--------------------

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

#27167317 - 01/24/21 01:56 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

The book doesnt have a specific stack for alcoholism. This is the stack recommended for GABA deficiency and cravings for GABAergic drugs, though:

L-Glutamine 1500mg to 3500mg four times daily, an hour before meals and at bedtime. (Gaba precusor)

L Taurine, up to 1000mg with each dose of glutamine (shunts glutamine to GABA synthesis via glutamate decarboxylase modulation)

GABA up to 1000mg 3x per day.

B complex with each dose of glutamine: b3 should be inositol hexanicotinate or niacinamide. More than 50mg but less than 300mg of b3 and b6 per day.

Vitamin C 500mg+ 3x day (cofactor for GABA synth)

Multimineral containing at least this much per day: 1g calcium, 300mg magnesium, 100mg potassium, 20mg iron, 20mg zinc, 6mg manganese, 400mcg chromium, 60mcg selenium, and 50mcg molybdenum. If you can locate a multimineral without copper, do so. Try to minimize copper intake.

A lot of alcoholics may also have serotonin problems so I would personally throw a gram of tryptophan in there 3x a day as well with the glutamine.

These stacks are not meant to be taken indefinitely. They are intended to overload the brain with whatever is deficient quickly to make it easier to make the right behavioral decisions to restore natural homeostasis

InvisiblefeeversM
Male

Loc: Flag
    #27167323 - 01/24/21 02:01 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Ive done a ton of experimenting with supplements and nootropics, really seems like no such thing as a metabolic free lunch... for me at least. Juicing up the brain in one way always leads to deficiencies on the other end, no matter how ‘natural’ the method. A lot of the stuff is great for once in a while usage though.

I have insomnia and have only been sleeping 2-3 hours a night, and my brain needs to be at 100% at work. I typically just use a racetam one day, benzo the next, stimulant the next, gabapentin or phenibut the next, then a skullcap/noopept combo... it all just depends on how I’m feeling in the morning. Weekends I don’t use anything, if I get a rare 4+ hours of sleep I don’t take anything, except maybe some tea with reishi, lions mane and cordyceps.

Alternating drugs and taking days off leaves it so I never really see any side effects, I do pretty low doses of everything. Hopefully the effects keep up until I get my sleep on track, other than high doses of benzos nothing has helped with that. Have some acute stressors that are likely causing it, it’ll pass eventually. It started back when I wasn’t taking anything regularly so stopping the daily drugs will just mean I’m a zombie at work.

InvisibleZombi3
Bella Ciao!!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Bat Country Flag
    #27167333 - 01/24/21 02:06 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

I haven’t used nootropics in years but I was a huge huge big huge fan of Piracetam, Oxiracetam, Phenylpiracetam, and Noopept.

Plus random supplements that helped those perform more efficiently. I.E. Choline... etc.

I don’t remember what I was stacking specifically but I recall having never felt better than when I was using those 4 ^ daily.
If I remember correctly I was taking Piracetam and Oxiracetam several times daily; and the Phenylpiracetam and Noopept as needed during college.

One of my good friends had a severe concussion and she took Piracetam and Oxiracetam daily and she said it helped tremendously in starting to feel normal again. She called me in a fit of joyous crying for introducing her to Racetams after her concussion, it was an incredible feeling I remember that very clearly.

If I could afford it I would take Piracetam and Oxiracetam daily for the rest of my life.

--------------------
Youve Met With A Terrible Fate, Havent You?

Click here to enter this weeks Ban Lottery!!
In Crust We Trust

OfflineMorphinTime
Tulpa
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #27167334 - 01/24/21 02:07 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks, I will certainly take this into consideration.  I'm definitely not qualified, just studied biochem a bit in school and from that is where I generally make deductions

--------------------

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Re: The Official Biohacking Crew Thread [Re: feevers]
    #27167353 - 01/24/21 02:19 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Feevers, part of the theory behind this author's recommendations has to do with evolutionary biology. He claims, for example, for 99% of human history our diet was on the order of 5,000+cals a day whenever possible due to extensive physical activity, and that the state of brain metabolism is a result of the presence of the quantity of nutrients you would find in a 5,000 calorie, whole food or mostly whole food diet.

Today people typically consume fewer than 5,000 calories, and those they do are usually less nutrient dense and more energy dense.

Geographic/ecologic variation in ones ancestry may affect this default state of brain metabolism. For example, imagine your ancestors'  diet was relatively very rich in tryptophan. In this population you would likely find fewer enzymes for conversion to serotonin. Therefore in the modern day context such a person may have insufficient tryptophan to produce serotonin and may benefit from supplementing it.

OfflineIce9
3X Ban Lotto Champion
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: daterapeville,USA
    #27167354 - 01/24/21 02:21 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

HI,

I do take B12 and Vit D (bloodwork showed I was deficient in B12 and severely deficient in D (7ng/mL).  That being said, I will link an article here that I think anyone taking supplements, especially those taking very high doses of vitamins A,C and E should read all the way through, and with great focus as to understand the researches conclusions, as skimming the article can easily mislead one to assume what the conclusions of it are(i.e. I personally think it's poorly written and If I was reviewer would have had them change some wording and portions for clarification of author intent and study conclusions/limitations).

Here is the link

TL;DR Certain Vitamins when taken in large doses over time are linked to increased mortality.  Despite the apparent benefits seen in non-controlled studies.

Note: This article isn't about nootropics, but there are plenty of those out there, just make sure to find one where the experimental design was appropriate with regards to the the type of data collected and conclusions drawn.

--------------------
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man. -- George Brenard Shaw

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Re: The Official Biohacking Crew Thread [Re: Ice9]
    #27167369 - 01/24/21 02:29 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah I am aware that supplementing vitamin A is a big nono. The fat soluble vitamins in general shouldnt be supplemented willy nilly. I had never heard any issues related to vitamin C but Ill check your link in a bit

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures