Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | Next >
InvisibleSmartattack
C'mon man
 User Gallery

Loc: A thought
Trusted Cultivator
Re: pour agar TEK [Re: funky123]
    #27017538 - 11/02/20 01:33 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

funky123 said:
Quote:

A.k.a said:
The reason for transferring the edge of the mycelium is because that’s the fastest moving newest part.

Sounds like an interesting idea but I'm not sure if I find that biologically plausible.

If you don't like that reasoning, you can always add to it that it is the area likely farthest from contaminates introduced by the initial center transfer.

--------------------
* Smarts videos :teacher:
* :thumbup: Planet of the APES:thumbup:

I'm a fungal white supremacist.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecoversall
إِنْ شَاءَ ٱللَهُ
 Unread Journal

Loc: संसार
Re: BOD's Comprehensive Agar TEK [Re: Smartattack]
    #27035589 - 11/12/20 04:41 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

I'm new to microwaves. I have my media bottle with some agar left over from my last pours. It's been sat there solid to a week or so, no signs of contam so I'm uguessing it's clean.

To remelt it in the microwave do I leave the cap on tight? And just nuke it for 60 second chunks?

--------------------

..:: E V E R Y  ::..

..:: New? Start here. ::..
..:: How I Panaeolus. From Agar to Tea ::..

OfflineGwindor
Stranger
Male
Loc: Russia
Re: BOD's Comprehensive Agar TEK [Re: coversall]
    #27053330 - 11/23/20 04:16 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Is it necessary to boil agar mix in microwave, or in pan etc? Before we put bottle with agar mix into the PC.
I mean, anyway agar will boil in bottle when it's in the PC. Why should we preboil and preheat agar mix before putting to PC?
I see in some guides people don't preheat and don't preboil agar. They just mix dry agar with dry malt extract, pour room temperature water, stir this mix in bottle and immediately put this bottle to the PC for sterilization. Isn't this way more convenient? Are there any drawbacks and hidden stones?

Invisiblefunky123
Pilzfreund
Male User Gallery

Loc: Austria
Re: BOD's Comprehensive Agar TEK [Re: Gwindor] * 1
    #27053339 - 11/23/20 04:28 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Gwindor said:
Is it necessary to boil agar mix in microwave, or in pan etc? Before we put bottle with agar mix into the PC.
I mean, anyway agar will boil in bottle when it's in the PC. Why should we preboil and preheat agar mix before putting to PC?
I see in some guides people don't preheat and don't preboil agar. They just mix dry agar with dry malt extract, pour room temperature water, stir this mix in bottle and immediately put this bottle to the PC for sterilization. Isn't this way more convenient? Are there any drawbacks and hidden stones?

Only now I realize that the instructions recommend to preheat in a microwave ... hence I never did it. I don't think it is necessary. Never had problems with contamination on the agar. (I'm referring to freshly prepared Agar, not reusing a mix). Maybe the microwave step is not for proper sterilization but rather to assure (together with shaking afterwards) that the Agar is mixed well with the water. So, if you have issues with clumps then that might be useful, I assume.

--------------------
:nyan: Log for my 2nd Grow (with pix and chronology)

To shut up GIFs in Firefox: Go to about:config and set 'image.animation_mode' to 'none'. Then restart Firefox.
For any other browser (especially Chrome): Uninstall browser. Switch to Firefox. See above.

Edited by funky123 (11/23/20 04:31 AM)

Invisiblecoversall
إِنْ شَاءَ ٱللَهُ
 Unread Journal

Re: BOD's Comprehensive Agar TEK [Re: funky123] * 1
    #27053444 - 11/23/20 06:39 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

I've been boiling my agar in the microwave before putting into the media bottle and PCing. I've been doing it to ensure that the powders are totally disolved.

I think it helps keep the agar clear?

--------------------

Offlinenogoodnamesleft
Stranger than average
 User Gallery

Loc: Melmak
    #27053460 - 11/23/20 07:03 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

I mix dry powder with cold water in a PP5 pitcher cover with foil and PC.

agar is clear, if you use light malt the plates will be without sediment because the malt dissolves In the water at sterilization temperatures.

I give the pitcher a swirl before I pour while still warm

OfflineBrian Jones
Club 27
Male User Gallery

Loc: attending Snake Church
    #27053587 - 11/23/20 08:47 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

coversall said:
I'm new to microwaves. I have my media bottle with some agar left over from my last pours. It's been sat there solid to a week or so, no signs of contam so I'm uguessing it's clean.

To remelt it in the microwave do I leave the cap on tight? And just nuke it for 60 second chunks?

Never leave the cap on tight while nuking it

--------------------
"The Rolling Stones will break up over Brian Jones' dead body"    John Lennon

I don't want no commies in my car. No Christians either.

The worst thing about corruption is that it works so well,

OfflineBrian Jones
Club 27
Male User Gallery

Loc: attending Snake Church
Re: BOD's Comprehensive Agar TEK [Re: Gwindor]
    #27053605 - 11/23/20 08:59 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Gwindor said:

IMO the reason for the the sequences of nuking and shaking before PC is to completely homogenize your mixture. If using some thing like LME extract the mixture becomes completely clear. Other nutrients may be cloudy and leave some sediment. But I think the objective is to get it as mixed as possible at this stage. Maybe I'm wrong and this is overkill, IDK. Just remember if you are doing the nuke and shake sequence, you always loosen the cap before you nuke and tighten before you shake.

--------------------
"The Rolling Stones will break up over Brian Jones' dead body"    John Lennon

I don't want no commies in my car. No Christians either.

The worst thing about corruption is that it works so well,

Invisiblecoversall
إِنْ شَاءَ ٱللَهُ
 Unread Journal

Re: BOD's Comprehensive Agar TEK [Re: Brian Jones]
    #27053624 - 11/23/20 09:17 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Brian Jones said:
Quote:

coversall said:

Never leave the cap on tight while nuking it

Nice, I'll remember that next time. I wimped out with my left over agar and just opened it up, micorwaved it back to liquid, and then POURED IT DOWN THE SINK! As I was watching it go down I thought "fuck, that could block everything up..." so proceded to chuck a bunch of kettle loads of boiling water down it while nervously waiting for the water to stop draining. Each gurgle was nerve wracking!

I made a fresh batch which got totally used so I don't have any left over this time.

--------------------

Offlineclockworkshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#27087547 - 12/13/20 04:22 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Can you use water boiler in a kettle rather than microwave it before the pc? I've seen people use boiling water but they always seem to do it in a pan. Are kettles bad?

--------------------
p9hu7's clean spawn thread

Invisiblesavan73
Stranger
Re: pour agar TEK *DELETED* [Re: bodhisatta]
    #27165555 - 01/23/21 02:26 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Post deleted by savan73

Reason for deletion: .

Offlineclockworkshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: pour agar TEK [Re: savan73]
    #27165563 - 01/23/21 02:32 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

10 minutes minimum

--------------------
p9hu7's clean spawn thread

OfflineFrugalFungi
Loafter
Male User Gallery

Re: pour agar TEK [Re: clockworkshroom]
    #27186066 - 02/04/21 11:02 AM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah this tek is great and it's what got me started on agar. First round of jars I banged up succumbed to mold (4/8) and 4 to bacteria, but I still got fruits from the bacterial spawn.  Now I tried cloning the first little couple fruits ( 2 inches tall all of them before they stalled. I took some clone samples from them and when on agar they are crawling compared to my other cultures! I used full strength GSA that is fairly firm, what could this be from?  Here's transfers all from within a day of each other on jan 28th or 27th. First two are the clone culture second two are both from an abort pin in a petri

Edited by FrugalFungi (02/04/21 11:26 AM)

Offlinetoadsmack
Stranger

Re: pour agar TEK [Re: Smartattack]
    #27241714 - 03/07/21 10:38 AM (3 years, 22 days ago)

hey, first time agar attempt here- these are most def cobweb mold, right?

first one is def mold.. but second one looks a little myc like.. but prob mold as they both came from the same original plate that I wasn't sure was cobweb or myc.

OfflineTHES3US
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: BOD's Comprehensive Agar TEK [Re: bodhisatta]
    #27331396 - 06/01/21 12:21 PM (2 years, 9 months ago)

I personally like to use, in give or take this order
  • Grain Soak Water agar(save water from hydration of grain spawn add 20g/L Agar-Agar powder)
  • BRF agar (20g/L BRF and Agar-Agar)
  • MEA, malt extract agar. Use light malt extract for homebrewing at 20g/L
  • YPD, yeast peptone dextrose agar, I buy this premade and use as is
  • PDA, I just kind of wing this one every time I use it

So I have plenty of BRF lying around from prior BRF cakes. Should that agar setup just be BRF + agar or is there yeast involved that isn't mentioned? I am not seeing any results after about a week since inoculation and the wrapped dishes sitting in the SAB.

Offlinethesepretzles
Stranger
Re: pour agar TEK [Re: THES3US]
    #27334569 - 06/04/21 12:09 AM (2 years, 9 months ago)

When reheating previously sterilized agar in a media bottle do you crack the lid a little first?  I was worried I might cause a bottle explosion keeping it sealed 😂

Offlinethesepretzles
Stranger
    #27335035 - 06/04/21 09:43 AM (2 years, 9 months ago)

When reheating previously sterilized agar in a media bottle do you crack the lid a little first?  I was worried I might cause a bottle explosion keeping it sealed 😂

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: BOD's Comprehensive Agar TEK [Re: thesepretzles]
    #27335071 - 06/04/21 10:06 AM (2 years, 9 months ago)

Yes

Offlineronswanson42069
Stranger
    #27351091 - 06/16/21 05:42 PM (2 years, 9 months ago)

I’m feeling a little confused and overwhelmed being a noob myself. I see some people say making isolates is a must if you want good pinsets and potent consistent flushes, and I’ve seen you say many isolates suck and can be a waste of time to make and you have huge flushes and awesome pinsets. Your teks helped me finish 2 spore syrine->agar->grain grows that went well but nowhere near as good as your grows. What is your preferred method as far as getting the genetics for awesome flushes and pinsets in your pics and teks? I’ve taken clones from the biggest clusters in the two syringe grows I’ve completed, but now I’m reading you can’t clone a clone of a clone infinitely because of senescence. What do you recommend to get to a good flush and keep the good flushes rolling? I’ve tried searching the forum for a few days before asking this, but keep getting conflicting answers. If you can help me out, I would greatly appreciate it.

OfflineA.k.aM
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Gaming the system
Trusted Cultivator
Re: BOD's Comprehensive Agar TEK [Re: ronswanson42069]
    #27351112 - 06/16/21 06:02 PM (2 years, 9 months ago)

Part of the problem is people have different definitions of isolate.

Usually 1-3 transfers is a good amount to make sure you’ve got a solid clean culture. Focus on clean.

If you’ve got clean spawn and good tub conditions I’d say 80%+ cultures will do well. It’s rare to get truly shitty genetics especially if you’re not transferring it a million times.

--------------------
LAGM2020

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | Next >

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract