Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
Invisiblenatedawgnow
Rocky mountain hood rat
 User Gallery

Loc: ation
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Always be baggin: How to efficiently run unsealed bags in a presto [Re: Wall.E]
    #27170430 - 01/26/21 08:09 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

mcnugget said:
Quote:

natedawgnow said:
My bet would be that it got too hot in there if you did everything like in the tek.

I run over 1000 bags a year and get maybe 1 or 2 popped in total. Did it at any point get close to 20psi?

I do 17psi but I'm at over 8000ft so my 17psi is equal to sea level 15psi. If i was at sea
level I wouldnt dare run bags at 17psi for fear of getting too close to 20psi
which will put the hurt on some bags. If you try again let us knoe how it goes!

Was going to run some grain bags in a 25x but this post is making me think it isn't possible.  The thermostat on the 25x allows it to fluctuate 4psi and I was told by AA this tolerance can't be narrowed.

Usually when running it fluctuates between 15-19psi, thinking that would be too hot and cause some popped bags.

Lots of people have no issues running in a 25x.

May be because AAs are crazy thick in comparison to the presto. The walls take lomger to get to max
temp and by that time the cook is nearly done, where as the presto walls heats up 1uick and stays hot the whole cook.

Just speculating I dont have a temp gun but if I get one I'll test this theory with my 916

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepureshrooming
feels like a stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Always be baggin: How to efficiently run unsealed bags in a presto [Re: natedawgnow]
    #27170593 - 01/26/21 09:49 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

ok so last nights run got me 1 popped bag and 3 with very stretched out corners. The PC never got past 16.5 but I have a very difficult time with my stove maintaining 15 without it dipping below. I'm wondering if I need to try a 6mil bag? I'm using the unincorn 3t right now.

I do have a camp burner I've purchased for doing grain in the garage which might have a more sensitive dial than my stove. Could be easier to control the temp.

Invisiblenatedawgnow
Rocky mountain hood rat
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Always be baggin: How to efficiently run unsealed bags in a presto [Re: pureshrooming]
    #27170604 - 01/26/21 09:59 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Not sure whats happening there. I use the standard 3t bags as well. Did you happen to take pics of it packed?

--------------------

Offlinepureshrooming
feels like a stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Always be baggin: How to efficiently run unsealed bags in a presto [Re: natedawgnow]
    #27170612 - 01/26/21 10:03 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

I didn't but I'm going to run that fucker again today and I'll get some. I refuse to be beaten!

InvisibleMunchauzen
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #27170633 - 01/26/21 10:14 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

this is fucking killer. just ordered bags. thanks my man!!

Invisiblenatedawgnow
Rocky mountain hood rat
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Always be baggin: How to efficiently run unsealed bags in a presto [Re: pureshrooming]
    #27170636 - 01/26/21 10:16 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

pureshrooming said:
I didn't but I'm going to run that fucker again today and I'll get some. I refuse to be beaten!

Rundown of your pc method?

Do you vent and what not? Typically I bring my pot up to a boil with the lid off
then I put the lid on, wait for the vent to lock, thwn vent for at least 5 minutes.

Not sure what it is but tryin to nail down everything :lol:

--------------------

Offlinepureshrooming
feels like a stranger
 User Gallery

#27170681 - 01/26/21 10:51 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

I fill using hot tap water, load the pc with jar rings between the bags and walls, turn on the heat to medium high then close lid. When the lock pops up, I back the heat off slightly and vent for 15m before putting the weight on.

When you do rings between the bags and the walls, are you doing multiple rings to keep the bag from touching the side at all?

Invisiblenatedawgnow
Rocky mountain hood rat
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #27170684 - 01/26/21 10:54 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

I just do the 1 ring between walls and bags to keep the bulk of the bags off the wall and allow a gap for steam to pass through

--------------------

OfflineMLPismyOPSEC
That One Ponyfucker
I'm a teapot

Loc: Equestria? Mordor? Wester... Flag
    #27170697 - 01/26/21 11:03 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Man this kicks ass, thanks Nate! I've had to do so much scouring and testing to figure some of this shit out. I've been folding them with the filter patch up/exposed and top of the bag folded in/underneath. That lead to only one popped bag out of the last 6 runs or so. But still get 2+ stretched bags per PC. Going to fold them and settle the grain the way you recommend and give er a go!

Also making master jars and g2g to 3 bags each; this is the way.

Offlinelookintolearn
Stranger becoming Strangest
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Up in the Cut
Re: Always be baggin: How to efficiently run unsealed bags in a presto [Re: MLPismyOPSEC]
    #27172019 - 01/26/21 11:33 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

So I put in my first attempt at bags today using the idea of putting 6 bags in my presto 23qt. I have no idea how you did it. I could only fit 4 and couldn't fit another one to save my life.

However, I did have extra oats leftover so I made each bag about 4.5 qts after cooked instead of 4. Would that have a made a big enough difference to not add the other two bags? I also was looking at the pictures and it looks like you didn't have a trivet in the bottom of the pc (although I did notice you said to put the rings and trivet down there). I'm just try to get an idea of how to properly put all 6 in.

It's still double my efficiency per PC run just trying to see why I couldn't get those last two in.

I ended up making 6 bags and PCing the four now but I won't be able to get the other two till tomorrow, will they be okay just sitting in the bag wet like that?

--------------------
Don't be afraid of feeling the feelings

Lookin to LAGM 2021

Looking to start growing? Read through Bod's Introduction to Everything
Looking to start agar? Start with Alien's Holy Grail
Looking to perfect your transfers? Start with D3monic's Perfect Transfers
Looking for easiest prep to Coir ever? Eat's UNBUCKET Tek
Looking to start LC? Try LI first! Munch's super easy Blenderless LI

InvisibleRafiikii
 User Gallery

Re: Always be baggin: How to efficiently run unsealed bags in a presto [Re: lookintolearn]
    #27172115 - 01/27/21 01:48 AM (3 years, 1 month ago)

They will be fine

Hey ND,

Approximately how much water are you putting into the PC?

always worrying about it running dry.

--------------------
"You didn’t come into this world. You came out of it, like a wave from the ocean. You are no stranger here."

Edited by Rafiikii (01/27/21 03:23 AM)

InvisibleMunchauzen
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Always be baggin: How to efficiently run unsealed bags in a presto [Re: Rafiikii]
    #27172161 - 01/27/21 03:15 AM (3 years, 1 month ago)

duct tape a few quarters on the giggle weight to reduce water loss and make it a bit quieter

OfflineMLPismyOPSEC
That One Ponyfucker
I'm a teapot

Loc: Equestria? Mordor? Wester... Flag
Re: Always be baggin: How to efficiently run unsealed bags in a presto [Re: lookintolearn]
    #27172269 - 01/27/21 05:55 AM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

lookintolearn said:
However, I did have extra oats leftover so I made each bag about 4.5 qts after cooked instead of 4. Would that have a made a big enough difference to not add the other two bags?

100% yes. At 4 lbs/4 qts per bag, it's a tight enough fit, any more and you're definitely boned.

Invisiblenatedawgnow
Rocky mountain hood rat
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Always be baggin: How to efficiently run unsealed bags in a presto [Re: MLPismyOPSEC]
    #27172397 - 01/27/21 08:16 AM (3 years, 1 month ago)

I would say making each bag 4.5 actual quarts is possibly too much, but I think
you should still be able to push the bags down enough to squeeze 2 more in.

For the record, in the tek I say 2 scoops from my caning spoon is about one mycoquart, which is just a little less than an actual quart. I put 8 of those per bag which comes out to ~4qt (that ~ is important) and then I g2g half a quart to each bag.

@rafiki- I fill it until the water level comes about halfway up the side of the bottom bags. You dont want too much water cause you dont want to submerge the bottom bags once the top layers add weight.
Not sure on the actual volume of water but I have never run it dry this way.
I put a weight on my jiggler so I dont lose very much water at all even.

Gonna update the 2nd post later with how I inoculate these in front of the hood and seal with zip ties. Keep a look out

--------------------

OfflineMr. Mushie

#27173018 - 01/27/21 02:01 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

I'm going to give this a try today but I'm going to pre seal my bags.

Would you change anything besides how you fold the bags in the PC if you were to pre seal?

OfflineLand TroutM
Stranger

Re: Always be baggin: How to efficiently run unsealed bags in a presto [Re: Mr. Mushie] * 1
    #27173122 - 01/27/21 03:05 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

First batch of grain only came to 4 bags, next day made up 6, they all look great.  I tried knocking them up in my sab last night and I got two done, and got ahold of my buddy saying I need help building my flow hood ASAP.  Say a prayer for the two bags I did get done.  All I can say is I do not want to try working with grain bags in a sab, and it got a fire under my ass to get my hood built.

Offlinelookintolearn

Re: Always be baggin: How to efficiently run unsealed bags in a presto [Re: Land Trout]
    #27173565 - 01/27/21 08:34 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

So I'm trying again today with the extra two I gotta make for the run, I think what I did was make 4qts dry per bag and didn't account for the grains expanding a bunch lol. So for the other two I did 3qts dry and gonna see how that looks.

There was definitely no way I was gonna get an extra two bags in there before, was full as fuck even if I squashed them wouldn't have fit.

I supposed that since I filled the other one's so full I could just use 1 bag to do 1.5 tubs so I can make 3 tubs with two bags. Still works out for me haha.

--------------------

Lookin to LAGM 2021

Invisiblenatedawgnow
Rocky mountain hood rat
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #27173576 - 01/27/21 08:39 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Oh ya 4qt dry per bag is way too much. Shit dude with wheat 4qt dry hydrates to 8qts at least haha.

Ya it's 4qts fully hydrated haha

--------------------

Offlinelookintolearn

#27173598 - 01/27/21 08:52 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah I think I made an oopsie when I was reading last night, obviously lol. I got excited and skimmed through like "oh yeah I got it" :facepalm3:

I think I also filled the jar to the tip top when loading the dry which probably didnt help. Oh well live and learn haha.

Thanks again for this, I'm trying crackatoa's version here soon as well just to see how I like the tyvek in there. But I really appreciated your detail in how to do the folding, helped a fuck ton. Visual learners :shrug:

--------------------

Lookin to LAGM 2021

Invisiblenatedawgnow
Rocky mountain hood rat
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #27174420 - 01/28/21 11:28 AM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Just updated the 2nd post to show how I inoculate! Thanks for following everybody!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds