Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineLokiFloki
Stranger
 User Gallery

First grow and first agar
    #27160749 - 01/21/21 06:07 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Hi guys I will be doing my first agar soon from ordered syringe I am planning on doing no pour Tek to sure if I should modify them with self healing ports or no.
Anyway I am not sure if syringe-agar-grain will work or I should do syringe - agar - agar grain ?
How long roughly will take it for first harvest from the strach ?
How long can I keep ready made agar ?
Also eventually I can do pf Tek do shoebox but I would rather avoid it but maybe it would be faster ?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebw86
Doesn't play well with others

Loc: 7b
Trusted Cultivator
Re: First grow and first agar [Re: LokiFloki]
    #27160775 - 01/21/21 06:52 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

I dont recommend doing "no pours" so that question is for someone else. I would just buy petri dishes...

Syringe-agar-grain works fine much better then syringe to grain. Its recommend to do syringe - agar - agar -grain So that way you know you have clean Psilocybe mycelium.

First harvest will take roughly twice as long as your expecting. So if in your head your thinking

germination + T1 plates in 10 days
jars 10 days
colonizing sub 10 days
flush 10 days

^This is an over simplified version of what needs to happen.If it was summer, you knew what you were doing and you had all your materials you could potentially get mushrooms that quick(+/-)...

Winter, no knowledge or materials. You will be lucky to get fruit in twice that much time.

Pre prepared agar can sit for months and months in a sealed jar. Then you can boil, microwave, or re pc it to liquefy it again. I have used wrapped dishes as much as a year later.

Your last sentence is not really a question. Maybe...

OfflineLokiFloki
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: First grow and first agar [Re: bw86]
    #27160802 - 01/21/21 07:30 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

First of all thanks for reply I already decided for no pour seems more beginner friendly to be honest I have all materials pc pp5 agar just waiting for dme temperature in my flat is between 20-25 DC
So you reccomend syringe-agar-transfer to agar-grain
And yes the last one been a question do pf Tek would produce alot faster fruits ?
And no pour agar I read it's can be kept it room temperature for few weeks correct ?

--------------------

Offlinetiptrippy
The Mechanic
Male

Loc: United States Flag
    #27160983 - 01/21/21 09:14 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

It is recommended to go syringe>agar,wait for germination>transfer clean myc to new dish> keep transferring as many times as it takes until you have a fully colonized dish with no contaminants > grain

OfflineHappinessStan
Fungivore
Male User Gallery

Loc: Worcester, UK
    #27160997 - 01/21/21 09:24 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Pouring plates will get you shit hot at sterile tek. It's easier than you think.

--------------------

OfflineLokiFloki
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: First grow and first agar [Re: HappinessStan]
    #27161174 - 01/21/21 11:08 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Right thanks alot guys I thought for first timer the no pour Tek will be easier I still might consider it I will have to but media bottle but..
Also brokeboi tek jars finally germinated maybe I will not have any contamination then I might do a clone or something ..

--------------------

OfflineB21
PeaceLoveShrooms
Male

Loc: Derby City Flag
    #27161210 - 01/21/21 11:32 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Imo petri’s are wayyy easier to deal with than no pours... the walls of the pp5 are tall so it’s a pita (IN MY OPINION) to make xfrs. Yes no pours are a cheaper route but the mutha fuckin petriiiiii’ssss for the win! I myself started agar in half pint/quarter pint mason jars w/ small hole punched in the top with mp tape over it (one piece of mp tape over the hole, pc, put another layer of mp tape after pc’ing...I did this same tape method with the plastic mini rounds too). But if you ever get the chance buy some petri’s! Case of 500 petri’s on eBay for $100 maybe less maybe more..,GOOD LUCK!!✌️✌️✌️🍄

--------------------

OfflineHappinessStan
Fungivore
Male User Gallery

Loc: Worcester, UK
    #27161298 - 01/21/21 12:07 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Any glass bottle will do for a media bottle. I just drill a hole in the lid and polyfill so there's no vacuum and it's easier to open.
Good tip: when pouring plates, start from the bottom, lifting the stack by the lid of the plate you're pouring. It's easier than fumbling around from the top.

--------------------

OfflineLokiFloki
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: First grow and first agar [Re: B21]
    #27161332 - 01/21/21 12:19 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks alot guys 500 Petri probably I would have for life time :laugh: the shrooms are just for me and my wife so I don't want anything massive that's why I thought pp5 will be perfect ..
Hopefully I will fruit my brown rice so I can have so play with agar clones etc

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag