Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | Next > | Last >
Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: Teresa May takes Russia to task over chemical weapon attack on British soil [Re: The Ecstatic]
    #27157466 - 01/19/21 01:01 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

The Ecstatic said:
Quote:

koods said:
Quote:

The Ecstatic said:
From the sentence “9/11 style commission to investigate Putin’s involvement in the Capitol riots.”

I don’t see that sentence anywhere.

Quote:

There is “strong support in the Congress” for establishing a “9/11-style commission” to investigate President Trump‘s ties to Russian President Vladimir Putin and Russia’s involvement in the Capitol riot, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi revealed to Hillary Clinton.

The words pelosi spoke are “strong support in the congress” and “9/11-style commission.” The rest are the words of the author of the article.

I see nothing to suggest that the commission will be formed to investigate Putin’s involvement. They will be investigating what happened. The right wants to discredit the investigation by pretending its going to be about putin. They scream “Russia Russia Russia” and then half the electorate tunes out.

Did you even listen to the audio or did you just skim the page for the first excuse you could find to dismiss it lol

Did you listen to the audio?

They wouldn’t have needed to splice quotes together the way they did in that article if the point of the commission was to investigate Putin’s role in the riots. If you actually read the entire article, there is a quote where pelosi says “ the commission will have a bigger agenda. And we will get to the bottom of what complicity members of Congress have in all of this. And, if they did, they should be prosecuted, as well as others.”

Why does anyone care what Hillary Clinton says in a podcast. She has almost no influence in American politics.

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Edited by koods (01/19/21 01:13 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: Teresa May takes Russia to task over chemical weapon attack on British soil [Re: koods]
    #27157493 - 01/19/21 01:17 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

It was true though. And they want revenge because Putin kicked them out of the country in the early 2000

Who wants revenge?

--------------------
NotSheekle said

OfflineStable Genius
Radicalised
 User Gallery

Loc: Wide Bay Orstralia
Re: Teresa May takes Russia to task over chemical weapon attack on British soil [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 1
    #27157513 - 01/19/21 01:30 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

Stable Genius said:
Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
But he violated parole before he even flew to Germany.

Hey just wondering why you felt the need to post the above when it was very easy to establish that was not the case?

I don't think it's been established that's not the case.  Even one of your own links said this:

Quote:

Stable Genius said:
Quote:

FSIN, the prison service, said in a statement that Navalny, 44, was on a national wanted list because he had last year repeatedly failed to report at least twice a month to them under the terms of a suspended sentence on embezzlement charges.

If it is the case that he only violated parole while he was in Germany, then of course I'll agree with you that this was unfair, and I think the Russian courts would agree.

I dug a little but haven't yet found the statement from the FSIN, but in those news reports it did say he was released from hospital in September and he should have returned to Moscow and that's why he's in trouble.

InvisibleballsalsaMDiscord
Universally Loathed and Reviled
Male User Gallery

Loc: Foreign Lands
Re: Teresa May takes Russia to task over chemical weapon attack on British soil [Re: koods]
    #27157519 - 01/19/21 01:33 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

I didn't say we would, only that they are the types of adversaries our military is built around defeating. A modern mechanized force like that of the USA is at a severe disadvantage to irregulars and insurgents in a protracted struggle but excel against Russian and Russian knockoff armies like Iraq had or China has.

--------------------

Like cannabis topics? Read my cannabis blog here

OfflineSirTripAlot
Semper Fidelis
Male User Gallery

Loc: Harmless (Mostly)
Re: Teresa May takes Russia to task over chemical weapon attack on British soil [Re: ballsalsa] * 1
    #27157567 - 01/19/21 01:57 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

There is no other miltary power strategically based throughout the world.... its the biggest reason why the plethora of US  military installations exist on foreign soil.

--------------------
“I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: Teresa May takes Russia to task over chemical weapon attack on British soil [Re: ballsalsa]
    #27157573 - 01/19/21 02:00 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

ballsalsa said:
I didn't say we would, only that they are the types of adversaries our military is built around defeating. A modern mechanized force like that of the USA is at a severe disadvantage to irregulars and insurgents in a protracted struggle but excel against Russian and Russian knockoff armies like Iraq had or China has.

We do not have a military designed to beat another superpower. We have a military designed to convince other superpowers that trying to defeat us would be futile.

--------------------
NotSheekle said

Invisiblechopstick
nobody
Male

Loc: Chin's Wok
Re: Teresa May takes Russia to task over chemical weapon attack on British soil [Re: SirTripAlot]
    #27157575 - 01/19/21 02:01 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Looting the world's resources for the benefit of the corporate elite requires a global military footprint. You know, so that the locals can't rebel.

Edited by chopstick (01/19/21 02:02 PM)

Male User Gallery

#27157688 - 01/19/21 03:25 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

If you've won before you started, is that not the greatest sort of victory?

@SirTripsAlot- I'm not sure I'm following. Will you elaborate?

--------------------

OfflineSirTripAlot
Semper Fidelis
Male User Gallery

Re: Teresa May takes Russia to task over chemical weapon attack on British soil [Re: ballsalsa] * 1
    #27157713 - 01/19/21 03:39 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

It was poorly worded.

I meant that one of the biggest reasons the US military is so formidable, are its stragtically placed bases (800) throughout the world (close to 80 countries). It is one of the most overlooked faucets of US power.

It is also cyclical;bases frequently beget wars, which can create more bases, which start/respond to more wars,....and this creates real warfare experience, something that cannot be replicated in training; no other country has this to scale.

--------------------
“I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.

Edited by SirTripAlot (01/19/21 03:40 PM)

Male User Gallery

Re: Teresa May takes Russia to task over chemical weapon attack on British soil [Re: SirTripAlot]
    #27157800 - 01/19/21 04:31 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

I see. Yes, I agree with that assessment and would add that of all our military assets none surpasses the navy, our ultimate means of projecting our will on...whoever

--------------------

Invisiblechopstick
nobody
Male

#27157821 - 01/19/21 04:42 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

The US Navy can only be used to project force against small, relatively defenseless nations that don't have advanced anti-ship capabilities. Like Iraq and Syria.

It's totally useless against Russia or China.

Those huge multi-billion $$$ aircraft carriers would be sunk quickly in any serious war against a well equipped military.

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: Teresa May takes Russia to task over chemical weapon attack on British soil [Re: chopstick]
    #27157848 - 01/19/21 04:59 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

if you ignore submarine based nuclear missiles. In terms of national defense, they are the most important weapons we have.

--------------------
NotSheekle said

Edited by koods (01/19/21 05:00 PM)

Male User Gallery

Re: Teresa May takes Russia to task over chemical weapon attack on British soil [Re: chopstick]
    #27157885 - 01/19/21 05:21 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Lol, no. Those carrier groups aren't exactly defenseless targets themselves.

--------------------

OfflineSirTripAlot
Semper Fidelis
Male User Gallery

Re: Teresa May takes Russia to task over chemical weapon attack on British soil [Re: ballsalsa]
    #27157902 - 01/19/21 05:30 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

I was only on a LHA and thats small potatoes compared to the floating cities out there; fell down on a flight deck while drunk and landed at the feet of a chief and got thrashed for days.

--------------------
“I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.

Invisiblechopstick
nobody
Male

#27157978 - 01/19/21 06:09 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

ballsalsa said:
Lol, no. Those carrier groups aren't exactly defenseless targets themselves.

Russia has hypersonic missiles that can easily penetrate any kind of air defenses. China is not that far behind them either. But Russia has by far the most advanced hypersonic ballistic missile technology on the planet.

It only takes one missile strike to destroy a carrier, or atleast render it combat incapable.

The Russian Kinzhal air-launched missile alone pretty much makes the entire US carrier fleet obsolete if it were to come to military conflict.

https://thediplomat.com/2019/08/russia-showcases-kinzhal-nuclear-capable-air-launched-ballistic-missile-at-air-show/

The only way to stop a Kinzhal is to destroy its launching aircraft before it can be fired. And that simply isn't possible when it can be fired by a MiG-31 up to 2,000 kilometers away from the carrier.

Invisiblechopstick
nobody
Male

Re: Teresa May takes Russia to task over chemical weapon attack on British soil [Re: chopstick] * 1
    #27157988 - 01/19/21 06:13 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

It's important to note that the Russian navy would be equally vulnerable if it came to military conflict with the United States.

Any war between the two would not be fought with conventional forces, but rather it would primarily be a missile war. Submarines would also probably play a role.

As it escalates, it would quickly go from conventional missile warheads to the use of nukes, as both sides would feel the need to upgrade the level of force as they both sustain losses.

And then it's all downhill from there.

OfflineSirTripAlot
Semper Fidelis
Male User Gallery

#27158025 - 01/19/21 06:29 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

From your link:

"There is no indication that the MiG-31K fighter jets, modified MIG-31BMs, actually fired their Kinzhal ALBMs during the competition."

-and-

"According to the Russian MoD, following its launch, the Kh-47M2 ALBM can rapidly accelerate to Mach 4 and may reach top speeds of up to Mach 10 while performing evasive maneuvers. The MoD also claims that the new missile’s range is about 2,000 kilometers. (A recent report suggests that the missile’s range can extend to over 3,000 kilometers when fired from a Tu-22M3.)

All these claims are highly questionable, as a number of analysts have pointed out in the past."

------------------------------

According to your link, they did not even fire one with an inert warhead. Now, I am not saying that its all bullshit, but I would wager most is a saber rattle. Moreover, most cutting technology is about 5 to 7 years old after the public finds out about it- meaning there are more sophisticated things under the sun....look how cryptic the DOD is here:

https://www.defense.gov/Explore/News/Article/Article/2225097/dod-has-pedal-to-the-metal-on-hypersonics/

Now, the United States must not only build an offensive capability, but also must handle the defensive portion, Lewis said. "The defensive part is absolutely critical as we go forward," he added. "If I'm going to defend against hypersonic systems, there are a couple of key things that I need to do. The very first thing I need to do is to be able to detect a hypersonic weapon flying at me and respond quickly enough."

Once detected, there must be a response. "Let me not get into specific weapon systems, but I can say that depending on the hypersonic weapon … they each have their own responses," he said. "It is very difficult to stop a hypersonic weapon. That's why we want to pursue them. That's why our peer competitors are pursuing them. But it's not impossible."
-------------------------------

Willing to take the Pepsi challenge that we already have the capability to squash them from Space, you know, the recent branch added to the military.

--------------------
“I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.

Invisiblechopstick
nobody
Male

#27158053 - 01/19/21 06:39 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

I should have picked a better source. It's highly unlikely the Russians are bluffing with the effectiveness of their missile.

It's always possible that the US could have some technology that has been kept hidden from the public. However, that is outside the scope of our discussion, and if the US has it, then there's always the chance Russia/China could have it as well.

And even if the US does have flying space ships with magic laser beams, it's doubtful they could prevent a Russian nuclear counterstrike in the event of war. So they may end up being of dubious usefulness.

Which is why war must be avoided at all costs. It would be devastating for the whole planet.

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Uncanny Valley
    #27158054 - 01/19/21 06:41 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Carriers have survived nuclear blasts without any damage

--------------------
Censoring opposing views since 2014.

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

OfflineSirTripAlot
Semper Fidelis
Male User Gallery

Re: Teresa May takes Russia to task over chemical weapon attack on British soil [Re: chopstick] * 1
    #27158058 - 01/19/21 06:42 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Mutually assured destruction, its not just for breakfast anymore.

--------------------
“I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | Next > | Last >

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom