Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Boomr Bag, Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Coir, Gypsum, Rye Grain, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMiddlePath
Stranger

Rye + gypsum jars to Unmodified coir monotub...is verm necessary?
    #27154409 - 01/18/21 12:57 AM (1 month, 8 days ago)

Hiya folks,

Attemping an unBODified monotub , got some solid rye spawn ready to plant. Assuming I follow this "bucket" protocol to the T (which so far I have), how necessary is adding verm to coco coir if rye spawn (already mixed with gypsum) is healthy? I will if I absolutely have to, but so far I've gone to several stores with no luck on non-miracle-gro verm. Only lead I had was a huge fuckin bag that I can't store in my apartment.

Tl;dr rye spawn + gypsum jars going well so far, is verm still necessary to add to a cooked coir substrate monotub? Thanks!!:grin:

Edited by MiddlePath (01/18/21 12:58 AM)

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineGrinchGrower
N00B
Male User Gallery

Re: Rye + gypsum jars to Unmodified coir monotub...is verm necessary? [Re: MiddlePath]
    #27154430 - 01/18/21 01:10 AM (1 month, 8 days ago)

Vermiculite just helps it retain moisture a little better over time afaik.
You definitely don't need to have it though...
I have run grain and brf cakes to bulk fine on coir alone.
Some people also add verm to compensate for additional moisture when you prep the substrate, but you can just squeeze it out to field capacity if you need to.

OfflineMiddlePath
Stranger

Re: Rye + gypsum jars to Unmodified coir monotub...is verm necessary? [Re: GrinchGrower]
    #27154451 - 01/18/21 01:19 AM (1 month, 8 days ago)

Perfect, thank you so much for the quick reply!!

This was pretty much my plan, weirdly couldn't find a thread for this exact question so figured hell why not!

Super proud of my jarbabies so far, and my instincts were telling me they'd have a better chance in just pure cooked coir, rather than roll the dice with some mystery-blend verm :rolleyes:
Around here, my options were either a small-medium bag with "plant food" added (uh-huh) or a fuckin' big 2cu.ft. of verm (which one day I dream of being able to keep around!)

After cooking I'll squeeze coir to field capacity, and we'll get these puppies settled in! Thanks again!!

Edited by MiddlePath (01/18/21 01:22 AM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Boomr Bag, Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Coir, Gypsum, Rye Grain, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Ythan, geokills, Asante, Shroomism, RogerRabbit, mushboy, fahtster, wildernessjunkie, Ballerium, cronicr, bodhisatta
76 topic views. 1 members, 3 guests and 10 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Print Topic ]
Search this thread:
World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Copyright 1997-2021 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 13 queries.