Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles, CBD Oils   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Coir, Ultrasonic Humidifier, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Offlineverytastycheese
Tripmaster
Re: Check out my shoeboxes, please? [Re: black strat]
    #27138602 - 01/09/21 11:47 PM (1 month, 19 days ago)

Quote:

black strat said:
from a print from a repped vendor. I think it's pes Amazonian. which sucks because they should be monstrous.

ok, so your advice would be to introduce more fae???

Print to agar or DIY syringe to grain or g2g or ???

Yeah more FAE for the fuzz. But look at my thread. It was water content.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineblack strat
Strangler

Re: Check out my shoeboxes, please? [Re: verytastycheese]
    #27138620 - 01/09/21 11:58 PM (1 month, 19 days ago)

sorry, yeah just straight print to agar. I was working with 4 different prints and more than 20 plates of agar. its all my first rodeo, so I was way more interested in doing things cleanly and correctly than 'who's who in the zoo', pertaining to labeling and whatnot....

after agar, pushed to oats for a few weeks. the myc looked strong af on the plates, then really weak and thinned out in the jars. as soon as I pushed to sub, which is just coir and a little bit of verm to soak up extra moisture, the myc took the fuck off again, like on the plates.

now here I am, trying to make sense of these shoes and do what I can to help them.

OfflineSockadin
Male User Gallery

#27139050 - 01/10/21 07:22 AM (1 month, 19 days ago)

Im gonna go out on a limb here and guess that these are B+ which has become bastardized over the last 6 years and has a bunch of crazy genetic variations.

BTW sorry I missed the updates over the last 5 days. Please remember to take pictures before harvest. We all love pictures.

So I would (im gonna get shit for this) fan those boxes 1 time per day. The reason for the fuzzy feet can be a lack of FAE which should happen through the lids, but if it is in your closet and you dont have a lot of air circulation it can help to mix up things and just get a blast of fresh air during fruiting.

ALso those look pretty dope to me. Keep on doing what your doing!

Offlineblack strat
Strangler

Re: Check out my shoeboxes, please? [Re: Sockadin]
    #27139088 - 01/10/21 07:57 AM (1 month, 19 days ago)

Quote:

Sockadin said:
Im gonna go out on a limb here and guess that these are B+ which has become bastardized over the last 6 years and has a bunch of crazy genetic variations.

BTW sorry I missed the updates over the last 5 days. Please remember to take pictures before harvest. We all love pictures.

So I would (im gonna get shit for this) fan those boxes 1 time per day. The reason for the fuzzy feet can be a lack of FAE which should happen through the lids, but if it is in your closet and you dont have a lot of air circulation it can help to mix up things and just get a blast of fresh air during fruiting.

ALso those look pretty dope to me. Keep on doing what your doing!

hey man, it's all good!  and, well, then we'll both get a little shit on this one -- for the past few hours I just had a little fan going, from the adjacent room, not directly pointed at them, but thru a little corridor that most certainly just kicked up and circulated the air in the closet and whatnot. I cocked the lids and opened a lot of doors also. I may not know shit about growing yet, but I definitely had a gut feeling that these boxes were breathing the same air for a while and wanted something fresh, so I went with it.

even though the caps are super dark, they still appear to be growing.. so I dunno. I wish I knew when they're considered 'done' and I'm supposed to yank em out. I guess my gut will tell me again. hah.

thanks for your advice btw. I'm with ya.

Offlineblack strat
Strangler

#27142358 - 01/11/21 06:35 PM (1 month, 17 days ago)

hi.. these are some funky monkey mushrooms right here, my friends..

one of them is a full circle of stem, with a 'cap' meeting at the top -- like an oldschool engagement ring, and the cap is where the stone would be.

another, [one of the bigger numbers], has a fucking cap.. growing inside/on top of another cap. it's fucking with me mind.

LOL, are these safe to eat?

oh well, at any rate, thought y'all would like to see what I see. cheers.

Edited by black strat (01/11/21 09:49 PM)

InvisibleJosex
#cheat_mode
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #27142375 - 01/11/21 06:43 PM (1 month, 17 days ago)

Yea they look a bit mutated and stunted, bacteria may have had something to do.

The shroom in the upper left corner with the weird cap? In the past I used to think those deformities were caused by water damage (and it may be on some occasions) but these days I'm leaning more on bacterial spawn being the culprit.

Offlineblack strat
Strangler

Re: Check out my shoeboxes, please? [Re: Josex]
    #27142379 - 01/11/21 06:46 PM (1 month, 17 days ago)

thanks for the heads up, would you consider them still safe to ingest, once they're dried out?

InvisibleJosex
#cheat_mode
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #27142383 - 01/11/21 06:47 PM (1 month, 17 days ago)

Of cours, eat them. I meant bacterial spawn anyway, not bacteria on them shrooms.

OfflineGrenik
Wow!
 User Gallery

Re: Check out my shoeboxes, please? [Re: Josex]
    #27142657 - 01/11/21 10:28 PM (1 month, 17 days ago)

Awesome man, nice to see you getting fruit!

--------------------
Engineer | Pilot | Cordwainer | Brewer | Distiller | Wine Enthusiast |

Prints

Offlineblack strat
Strangler

Re: Check out my shoeboxes, please? [Re: Grenik]
    #27142751 - 01/11/21 11:32 PM (1 month, 17 days ago)

thanks dude....

is this normal..??

it's typically at like, junction points, I guess. to me, it looks kinda blue, like light bruising / roughed up material....

Offlineblack strat
Strangler

#27143026 - 01/12/21 03:13 AM (1 month, 17 days ago)

yeah.. so here it is, showing up more and more....

it looks blueish to me, but maybe because I don't wanna accept this as bad news....

are my shoeboxes just utterly fucked now?

OfflineGrenik
Wow!
 User Gallery

#27144191 - 01/12/21 06:41 PM (1 month, 16 days ago)

I was waiting for someone else to weigh in...but you are almost certain to get product that you can take a spore print from, clone from, and dry and consume. Now you are really just playing for what sort of yield will you get and how many flushes.

Nothing you have done since you made the shoebox is sterile and you will eventually grow bacteria and all sorts of other crap. You controlled the conditions to favor mushroom growth, but other stuff will happen.

I have had boxes where half the box was blue crap and the other half had mushrooms (second flush). The mushrooms were fine that grew and nobody got sick consuming them. The box next to it made three OK flushes (none of mine are over 150 grams wet per flush yet).

I am not as experienced but that picture looks like a day or two from harvest (hard to see how tall they are). They will start opening and you harvest (or you can harvest just before they open). I use sheers and cut as close to the sub as I can. I take blobs, stems, caps, etc. You will see where you cut turn blue/green.

Do not transfer bad stuff from one box to another. So if you use sheers to harvest the mushrooms, make sure you clean with alcohol before using it on the next box.

The advice that was given to me was to dry quickly. Use some heat and dry for at least 24 hours. So I dry at 122°F for 24 hours minimum. Lot of people dry differently, so up to you.  You should be happy for the first grow!

--------------------
Engineer | Pilot | Cordwainer | Brewer | Distiller | Wine Enthusiast |

Prints

Offlineblack strat
Strangler

Re: Check out my shoeboxes, please? [Re: Grenik]
    #27144253 - 01/12/21 07:27 PM (1 month, 16 days ago)

thanks man. I am super happy. I feel grateful and lucky. I really didn't expect to be able to pull any of this off, so what I got - im good with it.

I just harvested. I'll maybe throw some pics up later, but I had to test my product, and it might be kicking in right now....

Offlinekarri0n
No Title
 User Gallery

#27148553 - 01/14/21 10:02 PM (1 month, 14 days ago)

Dude so happy to see this and that's not a bad canopy on those boxes for a first grow, aside from the ugly looking fruits.

That looks like bluing mycelium to me, not green sporulating mold. If it's actually attached to the mushrooms or the mycelium, and it looks like it is, then that's just mycelium fuzz. If you had mold and it was that much green, the box would smell like mildew/mold/basement. They usually start smelling before they turn green.

Did you end up weighing your harvest?

--------------------
Anything written above is just as likely to be accurate as it is to be corrected by someone smarter than me two posts from now.

My Journal / Grow Log

Edited by karri0n (01/14/21 10:06 PM)

Offlineblack strat
Strangler

Re: Check out my shoeboxes, please? [Re: karri0n]
    #27150559 - 01/15/21 11:26 PM (1 month, 13 days ago)

hey man, yeah I ended up with 35 dry grams. I was constantly trying to dial them in once they started to fruit.. figured out on my own that the climate here is just too damn dry, so I had to get a humidifier and then they all of the sudden took off. I think had I started with more humidity, it would've worked out a little bit better. but I'm happy with what I got!

now this....

what worries me isn't so much the color, thats all to my knowledge from where I took the 1st flush/bruising..  its actually the 'fuzz' at their bases.. it's different than the first time around. this is more scraggly and doesn't immediately strike me as mycelium.

are these okay to harvest [eventually], and even if it is mold, does dehydrating kill anything undesirable??

BTW it doesn't smell bad in there.

Edited by black strat (01/15/21 11:51 PM)

Offlinekarri0n
No Title
 User Gallery

#27150672 - 01/16/21 12:40 AM (1 month, 13 days ago)

Not mold just wet fuzz. Those look like fine second flush mushrooms. They're gonna be fewer but bigger.

35g dry, nice! Congrats man!

I'd probably cut  a bit lower, closer to the sub, or just twist and pull. You left a lot of edible stuff and aborts on there that won't grow and will sorta just rot. That might just be because you have a lot of blobs though.

--------------------
Anything written above is just as likely to be accurate as it is to be corrected by someone smarter than me two posts from now.

My Journal / Grow Log

Offlineblack strat
Strangler

Re: Check out my shoeboxes, please? [Re: karri0n]
    #27150705 - 01/16/21 01:13 AM (1 month, 13 days ago)

great! thanks for clarifying.. yeah, I agree I should've grabbed a lot of what I left instead. I was trying not to make a bunch of divots because I thought the second flush needed some stump-age to grow out of..? so I wonder if you beat up the surface, and don't leave a lot of material for the second flush, will the mycelium underneath the surface just develop a new surface layer, and voila..?  ya know, for next time. thanks.

OfflineSockadin
Male User Gallery

#27150859 - 01/16/21 05:32 AM (1 month, 13 days ago)

Awesome that it worked out. I haven't been as active so I missed the first flush. That first flush looks great to me. I would scrap the humidifier because the substrate will keep its humidity up and you can mist when needed. They look water logged. Honestly I would keep a passive air flow going into that closet like you set up originally, and that discoloration is just bruising.

This is a great looking shoebox first run in my opinion. Keep it up!

Offlineblack strat
Strangler

Re: Check out my shoeboxes, please? [Re: Sockadin]
    #27152282 - 01/16/21 11:49 PM (1 month, 12 days ago)

thank you bro! appreciate the pointers, too. yeah, I weighed a portion wet, then dry -- I can't recall the exact numbers now, but it worked out that they're more than 90% water weight. I think it may have been like 80g wet, expecting 8g dry, but I got like 6something or 7something in the end of that session. thats what you meant by being waterlogged, yea?

again, all pointers are always super welcome with me!

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles, CBD Oils   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Coir, Ultrasonic Humidifier, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation