Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Cultivation Supplies, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Coir, Grow Light, HEPA Filter, Hot Plate, Laminar Flow Hood, Perlite, Pressure Cooker, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineRyansway
Stranger
New to growing mushrooms..... Alot of questions lol
    #27147174 - 01/14/21 08:36 AM (1 month, 17 days ago)

Hey,

As disclaimer im very very new to mycology so take it easy on me lol, and im sorry if im asking alot of newb questions lol.

Okay im wanting to start small and easiest possible

If I can get a spore syringe, how many CC's needs to be injected in a grow bag to inoculate it?

Is the ready grow bag worth doing?

And what way would you suggest to grow for a begginer? " I see alot of suggestions online but would rather practical applicatons"

I already have alot of equipment for growing "3x3x6 tent,grow lights, extraction fans,"but what would you guys suggest getting?

So agin sorry for all the questions and i would like to try something small but not poitless if you know what i mean......

Thanks ahead of time guys !!!$$

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblecoversall
إِنْ شَاءَ ٱللَهُ‎

Loc: संसार
Re: New to growing mushrooms..... Alot of questions lol [Re: Ryansway]
    #27147202 - 01/14/21 09:10 AM (1 month, 17 days ago)

Ok so my top tip is to spend some time and get used to the layout of this website. Things are in odd places. And it's most powerful tool, the search engine seems to cause new people trouble!

Have a read of this post to get introduced to it. You will find proper searching will answer 99.99% of your questions.

But for now and to get you started:

Quote:

Is the ready grow bag worth doing?

This question first. The answer is, in my opinion, NO. Don't waste time or money by buying a premade grain bag and injecting spores to it. It has a higher failure rate then other approaches.

Quote:

If I can get a spore syringe, how many CC's needs to be injected in a grow bag to inoculate it?

So going off the answer to the question above the answer is 0cc. lol.

Quote:

And what way would you suggest to grow for a begginer? " I see alot of suggestions online but would rather practical applicatons"

Grow cubes. Follow the PF tek. If you want to grow a legal species then oysters are very easy, you can buy kits of these and find information on google! Or head over to the gourmet forum here.

Quote:

I already have alot of equipment for growing "3x3x6 tent,grow lights, extraction fans,"but what would you guys suggest getting?

If you read the PF tek above you will realise that all you really need to get started is spores, brown rice flour, vermiculite, jars, a sauce pan, and patience.

If you enjoy the PF tek and want to continue the best thing to buy is a pressure cooker. It's an essential piece of gear if you want to do anything beyond the PF tek. What type to buy will depend on where you live. But if you have got to grips with the search engine then you can find out easily.

As a new grower stick to the teks, follow them to the T. You will need to be patient but cutting corners will often increase the chance of failure.

Read, read, and read. Once you've finished reading, read some more. The more you know the more successful you will be!

Welcome! May this be the start of a long, mind expanding journey.

--------------------

..:: B E H E R E N O W ::..

..:: New? Lost? Click here! ::..
..:: Grow logs and other rubbish ::..

Offlinesunnydays
Stranger
Re: New to growing mushrooms..... Alot of questions lol [Re: coversall] * 1
    #27147219 - 01/14/21 09:38 AM (1 month, 17 days ago)

I'm new to this too, but what coversall said was great advice.
I started with PF tek and its the best way for a beginner.
good luck

OfflineRyansway
Stranger
Re: New to growing mushrooms..... Alot of questions lol [Re: sunnydays]
    #27150819 - 01/16/21 04:23 AM (1 month, 15 days ago)

Hey,

I looked up a couple different of "pf Tek" how to's and basically using jars to inoculate and then transfer them to a toat lined with perlite and water, and let them grow?  "In a nut shell with a ton of sanatizing in between" which seems crazy considering mushroom grow in cow and horse crap lol but heeeyyyyy  if it works.

Onlinekanemush
Stranger
Male
Re: New to growing mushrooms..... Alot of questions lol [Re: Ryansway]
    #27150821 - 01/16/21 04:28 AM (1 month, 15 days ago)

Quote:

Ryansway said:
Hey,

I looked up a couple different of "pf Tek" how to's and basically using jars to inoculate and then transfer them to a toat lined with perlite and water, and let them grow?  "In a nut shell with a ton of sanatizing in between" which seems crazy considering mushroom grow in cow and horse crap lol but heeeyyyyy  if it works.

skip the perlite and just spawn to bulk coir.

Invisiblegeorge castanzaM
Lord Of The Idiots!
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: New to growing mushrooms..... Alot of questions lol [Re: kanemush] * 1
    #27150860 - 01/16/21 05:33 AM (1 month, 15 days ago)

Read read read the content in the grow forums, there are a lot of additional forums for entertainment,  but the meat and potatoes of this website is the knowledge of fungi.  Read everything in the cultivation forum, I still learn new stuff all the time. Read the Kramer Cakes link in my signature for sure, I still use it.

Grow kit.... you may or may not get shrooms, what you learn from the experience will be minimal, and you likely would come out ahead if you just bought a sack of shrooms from one of your buddies.

If you want to grow or just learn about mushrooms, you have definitely come to the right place, if you want a lifetime supply of mushrooms all you need to do is read up on a few proven teks and choose one to work with. MOST IMPORTANTLY: FOLLOW WHATEVER TEK YOU CHOOSE TO THE LETTER. The most common cause of failure is obviously poor sterile techniques, the main source of contamination is usually the person doing the inoculation, so newbies who don't have a brand new hepa filter or flow hood often wind up with contamination, so read up on glove boxes and flow hoods.

I know you probably have a million questions, the good news is that you have found a source of a million answers.  There are many different expert growers with many different styles here and they all love helping people help themselves.

If you really want to grow mushrooms there is no way around doing the studying and putting the work in, once you decide what tek you are going to try first, feel free to post any questions you may have.

One thing to remember is that informed questions usually get the best replies.

Also when using the search, there is an option to search only trusted cultivators post, I highly recommend you use this feature when searching grow questions.

Welcome to the Shroomery!
:awecid:

--------------------
KRAMER CAKES

Invisiblecoversall
إِنْ شَاءَ ٱللَهُ‎

Loc: संसार
Re: New to growing mushrooms..... Alot of questions lol [Re: george castanza]
    #27150871 - 01/16/21 05:39 AM (1 month, 15 days ago)

Quote:

george castanza said:

One thing to remember is that informed questions usually get the best replies.

This should be branded on the foreheads of people when they register.

--------------------

..:: B E H E R E N O W ::..

..:: New? Lost? Click here! ::..
..:: Grow logs and other rubbish ::..

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Cultivation Supplies, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Coir, Grow Light, HEPA Filter, Hot Plate, Laminar Flow Hood, Perlite, Pressure Cooker, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started