Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Amazon Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Trump Was Bad [Re: OutsideOfMyMind]
    #27158069 - 01/19/21 08:45 PM (1 month, 6 days ago)

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSirTripAlot
Semper Fidelis
Male User Gallery

Loc: Harmless (Mostly)
Re: Trump Was Bad [Re: Kryptos]
    #27158079 - 01/19/21 08:50 PM (1 month, 6 days ago)

We hit a valley, just wait for Trump's  real gig, The Celebrity Apartheid. It will peak again.

--------------------
“I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.”

Invisiblelaughingdog
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Trump Was Bad [Re: Buddaking]
    #27158085 - 01/19/21 08:52 PM (1 month, 6 days ago)

Quote:

Buddaking said:
I hate to break it to everyone but both parties in American politics are completely corrupt.... will somehow unite & bring people together again & be good humans. I am hopefull the American dream is not dead & the regime change can somehow spark that dream for many once again.

I doubt the division can be healed anymore than  --- remember what President Bush said about bringing Democracy to Iraq, and what a joke that was & is, --it is the same problem here --- (1) you can't raise intelligence, and (2) you can't educate 30% of people quickly and (3) the wealthy & corporations want to stay in power & don't want change.

The worst of the worst may be over as regards Trump, but over all the picture remains very grim, with Covid mutating, vaccine distribution messed up, and Global Warming continuing, IMO. And as you say the US government remains stuck in corruption, and the divisions between both the wealthy & poor, democrats & republicans, remain, and will continue to hamstring any meaningful progress.

--------------------

Edited by laughingdog (01/19/21 08:52 PM)

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: Trump Was Bad [Re: laughingdog]
    #27158411 - 01/19/21 11:52 PM (1 month, 5 days ago)

I oft find people who try to, “Both sides” American political debate when one side just tried to ignore election results and storm the heart of American democracy to be a bit too dull to qualify for the title, “Edge Lord.”

May as well just say, “I don’t vote.”

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Invisiblechopstick
Putin's homeboy
Male

Loc: Chin's Wok
Re: Trump Was Bad [Re: Rose]
    #27158415 - 01/19/21 11:55 PM (1 month, 5 days ago)

The heart of democracy? More like the heart of vanity, falseness, corruption, and lies.

AOC is still talking about how she believes half of Congress would have been murdered that day. Really, bitch? How fucking dumb can you possibly be?

Rhetoric like that isn't just stupid, it's enlarging tensions even more by making something out to be way bigger than it actually was.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: Trump Was Bad [Re: chopstick] * 2
    #27158417 - 01/19/21 11:58 PM (1 month, 5 days ago)

Perfect example of why debate with you is a waste of time. You had to change my very statement before you argued against it.

That’s not good faith debate. Just a piss poor attempt at gaslighting on an electric forum.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Invisibleivey77
Female User Gallery

Loc: Missouri
Re: Trump Was Bad [Re: Rose] * 3
    #27158428 - 01/20/21 12:08 AM (1 month, 5 days ago)

On both maternal and paternal lines I have documented ancestors on the trail of tears. Henderson roles, and old settler rolls, I'm enrolled in Choctaw nation of Oklahoma, I used to be the director for the American Indian Movement chapter of Missouri. I grew up Indian territory of Oklahoma. I can promise you Trump was not anywhere as evil as Jackson, Theodore Roosevelt and several other presidents. He was extreme in the blatant corruption and racism but that's all. Every president is a war criminal and every president has broken treaties with the tribes. Even Obama.

Trump was stupid. But let's not forget we have 500 years of colonialism. 500 years of genocide and slavery. To liken Trump to the worst diminishes the violence of genocide and chattel slavery. We are still here and continue to suffer environmental genocide among so many other daily atrocities. Both black and native still suffer from poverty created by the system regardless of political affiliations or political identity. It's the system and it's design.

--------------------
Everything the government says is a lie and everything the government has is stolen.

Invisiblechopstick
Putin's homeboy
Male

Loc: Chin's Wok
Re: Trump Was Bad [Re: Rose]
    #27158462 - 01/20/21 12:29 AM (1 month, 5 days ago)

Quote:

Rose said:
Perfect example of why debate with you is a waste of time. You had to change my very statement before you argued against it.

That’s not good faith debate. Just a piss poor attempt at gaslighting on an electric forum.

Gaslighting? Please. I only corrected your statement so that it would come closer to reflecting reality and truth.

Congress has a fucking 15% nationwide approval rating. Your average congressman and/or woman is nothing more than a puppet who has been bought and paid for by your local corporate lobbyist and who's votes as well as viewpoints are offered up to the highest bidder, and this very simple fact is reflected in their dogshit approval rating, which is less than one third of Donald Trump's.

These people don't even represent the people. They represent their millionaire & billionaire corporate donors. America can hardly even be called a democracy at this point, but rather a corporate oligarchy where one person represents one vote only in practice, but the reality is that one dollar = one vote.

It's a testament to the brainwashing, and division that the elite have so successfully perpetrated on the people they rule over that when one subset of the population finally makes their voices heard and demand that our "duly elected" representatives actually answer to the people for once, they are instantly derided and condemned by the other half of the population, who are now protecting the elite and protecting the corporate oligarchy and their various puppets in the process.

Everyone in this country should be mad as hell with Congress, regardless of their political beliefs or whether they're on the right or the left because Congress has been selling them all out to the highest bidder for decades, long before most of us were even born.

Congress is afraid of the people they rule over because they fear having to answer for their corruption, for their lies, and for the crimes they have committed on the behalf of their corporate overlords who own them, and from whom they get their fattest financial kickbacks, kickbacks they get in exchange for selling out the lives of their constituents.

Congress is a pathetic joke. And yeah, maybe literally storming the building was a bit much. But guess what - all these people wanted was for their voices to be heard. The idea that these people were looking to do physical harm to members of Congress is totally false, a lie being perpetrated by the media to divide the people even more. It's not their fault shit finally reached a boiling point.

The country could change for the better, forever, if the people united as One to overcome the petty division and unite against these fucking thieves pillaging the country. Which is exactly why anyone continuing to oppose them will continue to be labeled as "domestic terrorists", "white supremacists" and the like. To keep the people divided and prevent them from uniting. And people like you will fall for it every time.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: Trump Was Bad [Re: ivey77]
    #27158465 - 01/20/21 12:29 AM (1 month, 5 days ago)

Quote:

ivey77 said:
On both maternal and paternal lines I have documented ancestors on the trail of tears. Henderson roles, and old settler rolls, I'm enrolled in Choctaw nation of Oklahoma, I used to be the director for the American Indian Movement chapter of Missouri. I grew up Indian territory of Oklahoma. I can promise you Trump was not anywhere as evil as Jackson, Theodore Roosevelt and several other presidents. He was extreme in the blatant corruption and racism but that's all. Every president is a war criminal and every president has broken treaties with the tribes. Even Obama.

Trump was stupid. But let's not forget we have 500 years of colonialism. 500 years of genocide and slavery. To liken Trump to the worst diminishes the violence of genocide and chattel slavery. We are still here and continue to suffer environmental genocide among so many other daily atrocities. Both black and native still suffer from poverty created by the system regardless of political affiliations or political identity. It's the system and it's design.

It is a ridiculously narrow political point I am making here, as your broader point is quite valid, and many other Presidents have overseen massive death counts on other continents.

Where Trump stands alone, is he has attacked and waged war on the very democracy a plurality of his own voting citizens chose within his country’s current boarders, while ignoring a pandemic. That is treasonous (if not legally treason) in a way past Presidents have never behaved.

Jackson may take the cake as the most evil president in US history... Trump is being measured differently. He was flaccid. Ineffective. Bad. The worst ever. Jackson was far, FAR more effective, which is why his evil resonates to this day.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Invisibleivey77
Female User Gallery

Re: Trump Was Bad [Re: chopstick]
    #27158468 - 01/20/21 12:31 AM (1 month, 5 days ago)

Comrade.....I'm an indigenous anarchist. Fuck this government and it's teams

--------------------
Everything the government says is a lie and everything the government has is stolen.

InvisibleballsalsaM
Universally Loathed and Reviled
Male User Gallery

Loc: Foreign Lands
    #27158494 - 01/20/21 12:53 AM (1 month, 5 days ago)

I think it is important to make the distinction between someone who is as evil as their time and someone who is evil even for their time. Jackson was the former while Trumpy is the latter

--------------------

Invisibleivey77
Female User Gallery

Re: Trump Was Bad [Re: ballsalsa]
    #27158500 - 01/20/21 01:01 AM (1 month, 5 days ago)

I'm too high to break down how absolutely stupid the idea that evil is somehow lessened because of the passing of time. There are stories of my family unable to bury the dead that dropped on frozen ground as they walked.

--------------------

OfflineSirTripAlot
Semper Fidelis
Male User Gallery

#27158515 - 01/20/21 01:17 AM (1 month, 5 days ago)

Its the scale of immediacy and reflection. After 9/11, no jokes were deamed acceptable..... 20 years down the road, and there are knee slappers and memes galore.

Would a Native American be more offended by a 20 dollar bill today, or when it was put in circulation? Time does fade the sting, as the reverberations are not as intense as when they occured.

Edit: Harriet Tubman will replace Jackson in 2028 (finally)

Edited by SirTripAlot (01/20/21 01:18 AM)

InvisibleballsalsaM
Universally Loathed and Reviled
Male User Gallery

Loc: Foreign Lands
    #27158604 - 01/20/21 02:56 AM (1 month, 5 days ago)

That s good, because I'm too high to break down how dumb someone would have to be to think that was my point.  If you would care to understand what I was saying, I'll explain it to you but if you're just here to clutch pearls and measure oppression dicks then we can leave it at that.

--------------------

OfflineBrian Jones
Club 27
Male User Gallery

Loc: attending Snake Church
Re: Trump Was Bad [Re: laughingdog]
    #27158860 - 01/20/21 09:16 AM (1 month, 5 days ago)

Quote:

laughingdog said:
Quote:

Buddaking said:
I hate to break it to everyone but both parties in American politics are completely corrupt.... will somehow unite & bring people together again & be good humans. I am hopefull the American dream is not dead & the regime change can somehow spark that dream for many once again.

I doubt the division can be healed anymore than  --- remember what President Bush said about bringing Democracy to Iraq, and what a joke that was & is, --it is the same problem here --- (1) you can't raise intelligence, and (2) you can't educate 30% of people quickly and (3) the wealthy & corporations want to stay in power & don't want change.

The worst of the worst may be over as regards Trump, but over all the picture remains very grim, with Covid mutating, vaccine distribution messed up, and Global Warming continuing, IMO. And as you say the US government remains stuck in corruption, and the divisions between both the wealthy & poor, democrats & republicans, remain, and will continue to hamstring any meaningful progress.

The bringing democracy to Iraq line reminded me of when we were going to bring women's rights to Afghanistan. I think the strategy there was that it would be more plausible than brining women's rights to Saudi Arabia.

--------------------
"The Rolling Stones will break up over Brian Jones' dead body"    John Lennon

I don't want no commies in my car. No Christians either.

InvisibleEnlilM
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Uncanny Valley
Re: Trump Was Bad [Re: ivey77] * 1
    #27159058 - 01/20/21 11:19 AM (1 month, 5 days ago)

Quote:

ivey77 said:
I'm too high to break down how absolutely stupid the idea that evil is somehow lessened because of the passing of time. There are stories of my family unable to bury the dead that dropped on frozen ground as they walked.

You're also too high to understand the conversation you're participating in. 

Balls point, which is correct, is that moral norms of today are very different from moral norms of yesteryear.  You are saying that we have 500 years of oppression, but if you want to be honest, we have thousands of years of oppression.  Oppression has been the way for a long, long time. 

The only reason you have the luxury of crying about it today is because the social norms allow you to.  Every generation can always look back and point out the "evil" of previous generations.  That's neither helpful nor interesting. 

The moral progress of the human race is intrinsically tied to the knowledge gained over time. Calling our forebears "evil" for being consistent with their society's moral code is no more logically sound than calling them stupid for not building computers.

--------------------
Censoring opposing views since 2014.

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

Loc: 'Merica Flag
Re: Trump Was Bad [Re: ballsalsa] * 1
    #27159083 - 01/20/21 11:32 AM (1 month, 5 days ago)

Quote:

ballsalsa said:
I think it is important to make the distinction between someone who is as evil as their time and someone who is evil even for their time. Jackson was the former while Trumpy is the latter

I think trump is the former. He didn’t govern all that different from Obama or bush, he just said the quiet part out loud too often.

--------------------

OfflineSirTripAlot
Semper Fidelis
Male User Gallery

Re: Trump Was Bad [Re: The Ecstatic]
    #27159095 - 01/20/21 11:38 AM (1 month, 5 days ago)

Ya know, you dont need to stand for the national athem at home, E.

--------------------
“I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.”

OfflineSulfurshelfsean
Defender of Cubes
 User Gallery

Re: Trump Was Bad [Re: chopstick]
    #27159908 - 01/20/21 06:45 PM (1 month, 5 days ago)

Quote:

chopstick said:
Quote:

Asante said:
Quote:

chopstick said:
Tell me, does it feel good to spend all your time & energy hating a man

No, but it feels good that he'll be fucking off by tomorrow.

Yes, he will be. But the millions of dumbass Americans who followed Trump and who've been "red-pilled" and have come to the inevitable conclusion that the Establishment wants to literally turn them all into obedient little slaves and rape their collective futures aren't going away any time soon.

Ah, but I guess you shouldn't worry about them either because they will all be monitored, traced & potentially imprisoned under our nation's lovely new "domestic terrorist" laws.

But I guess that's cool with you too, along with nuclear war with Russia...

I just don't understand you sometimes. You think nuclear war is an acceptable outcome as long as it means Trump is gone. Or maybe I'm interpreting you wrong. Either way, the cognitive dissonance is overwhelming.

I love when they act all high and mighty like as if they figured out something nobody else has lol

--------------------

Everything is better when it is done ON TOP OF A MOUNTAIN!

InvisibleEnlilM
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Uncanny Valley
Re: Trump Was Bad [Re: Sulfurshelfsean]
    #27159913 - 01/20/21 06:47 PM (1 month, 5 days ago)

Nuclear war is not only acceptable but desirable, IMO.

--------------------
Censoring opposing views since 2014.

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Amazon Scales

General Interest >> Political Discussion