Home | Community | Message Board

DoubleBlind - Learn to Grow Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon Portable Greenhouse, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinestigma13
Stranger

Humidifiers and Martha tek? :D
    #27146151 - 01/13/21 05:45 PM (1 month, 18 days ago)

Hi all,

I’m sure my questions has been answered on here before, but without the correct terms it’s a struggle!

I’m having a blast learning and achieving new things (thanks to you all..)
My brother picked up on it and got me a quality Supersonic humidifier for my bday after chatting to some experienced growers.

So without ever looking into humidifiers, I quickly ended up on Martha Teks with Google. And it looks very interesting!

- I currently got 3 species getting ready for master grains. Cubes, pans & mexis.
- is Martha tek something I should consider, if so, any advice or links I can look into?
- if above, how does Martha compare with monotubs?
- If Martha is not suitable, how can I incorporate the humidifier for better growth?

Sorry for the long post, any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Edited by stigma13 (01/15/21 10:54 AM)

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinestigma13
Stranger

Re: I’m premature with growing - humidifiers and Martha tek? :D [Re: stigma13]
    #27149364 - 01/15/21 10:52 AM (1 month, 16 days ago)

A shameful bump :smile:

Invisibleallthespores

Re: I’m premature with growing - humidifiers and Martha tek? :D [Re: stigma13] * 1
    #27149385 - 01/15/21 11:03 AM (1 month, 16 days ago)

this topic can answer some of your questions:
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/27090472#27090472

--------------------
LAGM2021 Grow log

OfflineDigDug
Cultivator

Re: I’m premature with growing - humidifiers and Martha tek? :D [Re: allthespores] * 1
    #27149429 - 01/15/21 11:35 AM (1 month, 16 days ago)

Martha’s are pretty awesome once you get them dialed in.  If you want to use the humidifier, that’s probably the way to go, or maybe do something with Pan Cyans like a smaller grow box or something to put trays in.

Martha’s can be a bit of a mess but they work well.  Good luck to you.

Offlinestigma13
Stranger

Re: I’m premature with growing - humidifiers and Martha tek? :D [Re: DigDug]
    #27149508 - 01/15/21 12:31 PM (1 month, 16 days ago)

Thanks, they look like fun!

Do I then still use the same substrate in shoeboxes / trays that I would've used in monotub?

InvisibleNobler Hino
a dojo and a forge?!
 User Gallery

Loc: Deep Ellum Flag
    #27149551 - 01/15/21 01:04 PM (1 month, 16 days ago)

No offense but if you have to ask, you might be setting yourself up for failure. In order to rock a martha properly, you have to know about surface conditions. This is easy to observe with a mono.

Not to mention, you'll see real quick why people switch from humidifiers to ultrasonic mist makers real quick. A personal humidifier sucks for this job. It will work, until you get tired of refilling and running your humidifier dry. Also, those are not made for what we do. Run that shit like crazy for a couple weeks and you might need to replace the disk which allows it to function. Hopefully you can buy a replacement and it's not difficult to change.

If you are hell bent on greenhouses, look up a diy ultrasonic mist maker. These are made for our applications. Some even throw in spare disks. House of hydro is where I bought mine.

Good luck bro. And again, might want to have a few tubs going to ensure that you succeed in fruiting. Practice dialing in that gh in the meantime. Post some specs on this humidifier too if you can.

--------------------

"The sacred mushroom takes me by the hand and brings me to the world where everything is known. It is they, the sacred mushrooms, that speak in a way I can understand. I ask them and they answer me.”
– Maria Sabina

Offlinestigma13
Stranger

Re: I’m premature with growing - humidifiers and Martha tek? :D [Re: Nobler Hino]
    #27149755 - 01/15/21 03:12 PM (1 month, 16 days ago)

I agree, I do have tons more to learn about surface conditions, temperatures and humidity.

This is an ultrasonic one, but I starting to see that refilling it might become an issue.

I think I'm drawn to the greenhouse idea because I can put a bunch of species neatly in there, in shoeboxes. I also love experiment, though maybe Pans and Ps. Tamp can go into martha and cubes into monotub.

Some specs of the humidifier (Even if I do start playing around with marthas, might be better to keep this one just for personal use):
Humidification output in ml/hour. 200
Output in watts approx. 20
Max. room size in m² 20
Technology Ultrasonic nebulisation

OfflineDigDug
Cultivator

#27149828 - 01/15/21 04:00 PM (1 month, 16 days ago)

That's more than enough output to run a martha.  I would recommend using a humidity controller for sure.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon Portable Greenhouse, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation