Home | Community | Message Board

Reliable Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Brown Rice Flour, Hot Plate, Pressure Cooker

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineAstroT
Stranger
Should I try this Agar?
    #27147275 - 01/14/21 10:28 AM (1 month, 12 days ago)

Hi,

Please feel free to critique or comment on any of the below, I would really appreciate it.

I have searched but not found any exact answers to the questions I have.

I started trying to grow mushrooms in early December so really new to this...

My First attempt was GT from LC, I tried following PhillyGoldenTeacher off youtube no pc method.
Basically brown rice for spawn then CVG for Bulk, I ended up with only one jar that almost completely colonized out of the original 4 I tried (in retrospect I think the rice was too moist).
I put it in an old spider glass tank and at first it was fine but then I got spiderweb followed by Trich (so catastrophic failure).

I mention the above only because I left the jar with a few grains of rice and the lid on for a few weeks then took it indoors to wash and ended up leaving it in a dark corner for a few days, I had what looked exactly like mycelium growing in the jar the next time I looked at it. I also had a spare agar jar from attempt#2  so I put some into that and added some CVG to the jar (out of curiosity).

Do you think it's worth trying to spawn the agar? where I live there are no cheap ways of getting LC or Spores.

This is how the jar looks now 4 days after adding cvg to it.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblebigfootscreepyuncl
Stranger

Loc: Gamehenge
Re: Should I try this Agar? [Re: AstroT] * 1
    #27149092 - 01/15/21 06:31 AM (1 month, 11 days ago)

Sorry mate, you're growing nothing but mold in those pictures :shrug: throw those jars out. here's some advice:

1) ditch youtube, and stay away from reddit. The only thing you'll learn there is how to grow mold. Start reading everything you can on this forum. all the information you could ever want is right here.

2) it's best to avoid LC for your first few grows. You really need to have a good understanding of agar (which is super easy, by the way) before going liquid.

3) start with BRF cakes. It's a simple 'fool proof' method that reliably gets fruit. Doesn't require a Pressure cooker, either!

Where *approximately* do you live? There are many cultivators on here in areas where spores are hard to obtain but they make it work. If you can get spores from a reputable source, you could essentially grow that variety forever by taking spore prints yourself and cloning. cheers, mate. Hope this was some help

--------------------
Bigfoots LAGM21

OfflineAstroT
Stranger

Re: Should I try this Agar? [Re: bigfootscreepyuncl]
    #27149204 - 01/15/21 08:43 AM (1 month, 11 days ago)

Thank you for the response.

1,yes starting to suspect that is the best method :smile:

2,at the time I purchased there was only lc available, they have spore prints available now, I'll look into that when I have some spare cash.
I purchased some pe lc and added around 2cc of that to a jar of 4% honey, I made 12 agar jars from it, only one contaminated, I have 6 left and several jars of fully colonised popcorn and most of the lc jar left.

3, I'll make some brf from the pe agar and see how it goes

I'm from Gauteng, South Africa.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Brown Rice Flour, Hot Plate, Pressure Cooker

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started