Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Invisiblebirdeatingspider
Stranger in Paradise
 User Gallery

Loc: so many roads
Re: Quitting Cigarette Support [Re: Mr. D Green]
    #27139131 - 01/10/21 07:37 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

How are you seeing the relapse, GH? Any notches of experience that can help for next time? A guru once said, 'Lessons are blessings one should learn through.'

I've made zero progress since last report, getting by on ~5 daily. But shout out to all thinking, attempting, and maintaining life without cigs.

--------------------

From all I may be, or have been before,
To mingle with the Universe, and feel
What I can ne’er express, yet cannot all conceal.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLifeUnderAwno

. [Re: birdeatingspider]
    #27140091 - 01/10/21 03:54 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Edited by LifeUnderAwno (01/11/21 12:18 PM)

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

Loc: Pudge County, TX
Re: Quitting Cigarette Support [Re: birdeatingspider]
    #27146280 - 01/13/21 04:58 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

The majority of my cigarette intake comes on drinking days.

So far this month, I've drank once. On that day alone I had 9 cigarettes.

The rest of the month -- the other 12 days, I had 9 cigarettes...total. Over the course of 12 days. So in one drinking day I can match my entire cigarette intake of a dozen sober days.

--------------------
Aka Pudge (the real one, not the bitch ass fake one from 2020)

OfflineGreenHorns
some kind of boogin
 User Gallery

Loc: R'lyeh
Re: Quitting Cigarette Support [Re: Nifflerz]
    #27146853 - 01/13/21 11:35 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Well im still working on that 4th pack of American spirit menthols. I'm thinking about giving it another go when it's empty. I've really got to stop drinking if this is ever going to happen.

--------------------

As the spark of the dream ignites a flame of desire all we have is time and all to do is admire

Spawning to Bulk Substate TEK

General Myco Info / FAQ / Terminology

Stranger in Paradise
 User Gallery

Re: Quitting Cigarette Support [Re: Nifflerz] * 1
    #27147309 - 01/14/21 08:49 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

The two certainly go well together, unfortunately. When they banned smoking inside bars here, it helped people quit. Pros and cons, civil liberties or health.

That's good you have the willpower otherwise, do you want to completely quit?

--------------------

Stranger in Paradise
 User Gallery

#27147313 - 01/14/21 08:50 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

:hi: GH, glad to see youre still truckin, keep us posted!

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

#27148047 - 01/14/21 04:00 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

birdeatingspider said:
do you want to completely quit?

I would sure like to, but I like to drink.

I have cut down my drinking significantly but I don't think I could give it up completely -- ideally I'd still like to drink once or twice a month. And it's hard to see myself not smoking when I partake :facepalm:

--------------------

Stranger in Paradise
 User Gallery

Re: Quitting Cigarette Support [Re: Nifflerz] * 1
    #27148211 - 01/14/21 05:28 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

That's not bad, IMO. Personally, I feel an occasional smoke won't do much harm- The amount of crap we breathe in, accounted for.

That would be a slippery slope for me though, I admire your willpower! :fistbump:

--------------------

Edited by birdeatingspider (01/14/21 05:29 PM)

OfflineSugabearcrisp
Not Your Average Bear
Male User Gallery

Loc: maybe I had too much, too fast
Re: Quitting Cigarette Support [Re: birdeatingspider] * 2
    #27148223 - 01/14/21 05:36 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

I smoke weed when I drink, also when I don't drink

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

Re: Quitting Cigarette Support [Re: birdeatingspider] * 1
    #27148270 - 01/14/21 05:59 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

birdeatingspider said:

That would be a slippery slope for me though, I admire your willpower! :fistbump:

:hug:

You're doing good, spider. Are you still at five a day?

--------------------

OfflineBrian Jones
Club 27
Male User Gallery

Loc: attending Snake Church
Re: Quitting Cigarette Support [Re: Sugabearcrisp] * 1
    #27149096 - 01/15/21 04:38 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Sugabearcrisp said:
Quote:

Keith Richards said:
"I have tried (to quit smoking) So far, unsuccessfully! Lou Reed claimed nicotine was harder to quit than heroin. It is.
Quitting heroin is like hell, but it’s a short hell. I mean, the actual process. Cigarettes are just always there, and you’ve always done it. I just pick ‘em up and light ‘em up without thinking about it."

Stay strong guys, get back on the wagon if you fell off, it ain't easy.

My favorite Keith quote was "I never thought I had a problem with heroin, I had a problem with cops".

I was hopeless with cigs till 1995. Two and a half packs a day. I finally found it relatively easy to quit with nicotine gum, but I wasn't in an environment to stay off them permanently. I was one of two closing managers at a huge restaurant/bar that closed very late and the owner let us drink after work. Then I got four consecutive cases of bronchitis then pneumonia, and knife stabbing pain in your lungs is quite a convincer.

Nicotine gum was on prescription then, so I had to ween myself off it. If it was available in stores like now, I would have just traded one addiction for another. I loved the stuff. The waitresses used to walk past me chomping their teeth imitating me chewing like a madman.

--------------------
"The Rolling Stones will break up over Brian Jones' dead body"    John Lennon

I don't want no commies in my car. No Christians either.

The worst thing about corruption is that it works so well,

Offlinekanemush
Grumpy
Male User Gallery
Re: Quitting Cigarette Support [Re: Brian Jones]
    #27149151 - 01/15/21 05:37 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

i congratulate anybody that has stopped, and even a big up to people that have tried multiple times. I have pretty much tried every drug you can, and smoking is they only thing i ever had a problem with. I been smoking 32 years and only stopped for maybe 6 years in that span.

I hate it and now I do juul which is even worse imho. that jull is like crack man make you bug out and up. Hopefully soon I can quit I am tired of it and knows it's no good.

Stranger in Paradise
 User Gallery

Re: Quitting Cigarette Support [Re: kanemush]
    #27152954 - 01/17/21 08:26 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Heard that- I quickly gave mine away after developing 'popcorn lung.' Now that you mention, nicotine has its hooks deepest out of everything for me, as well.
That's addiction, not being able to stop despite hating it and yourself for continuing.

Niff I dropped the ball big time.. would of been a perfect opportunity but as my breathing improved, I returned to business as usual. And some: I have a tendency to take things overboard when first indulging after abstaining from something I like(or am addicted to). It's like a voice says, 'I missed you sooo much and now I need ALL OF IT:mad2:.' :lol:

So I'm closer but will most likely settle back to ten-ish once the novelty fades. When you are drinking and light up, do you feel guilty or any way? Or are you enjoying?

The two people I spend most of my time with are smokers; and honestly, being around them is what's tripping me up. Tried it out(not having a cig around), I cave.

It's a complicated enough vice that I feel each angle must be measured and approach, anticipated. Very methodical, I plan hard. But also have an anxiety disorder.. :grin:
So when caught up I can sometimes manage to 'nike it,' and throw myself forward. As a lovely lady once said, 'Free Time Is the Only Time.'
Until I 'just do it,' I continue to mentally prepare and put ducks in a row.. but I'm for sure stuck on this one. Ducks have gotten impatient and are now glaring. The pressure I'm putting on myself with, 'Must succeed or doomed to be a smoker forever,' is not serving me well. Not to mention, I don't want to go through that process beyond once more. I've been at this place for so long, my mind is running in circles to stay busy.

Damn, Dylan.. I vaguely recall you sharing in the past, but reading that still made my jaw drop. How many years did you sustain 2.5 packs a day? I've heard just how high paced and crazy the back of the kitchen can be, perfect environment for cigarettes!

How long did you use the gum before tapering off? Do you ever miss it?

--------------------

OfflineOGshroomHead
Dopefiend
Male

Loc: Terrapin Station
    #27161615 - 01/21/21 02:38 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Ive been smoking nicotine for almost half my life. I quit in jail for a year and once I got out I started smoking again. I have like 4 cartons of roll your own. I got a box of Raw papers its like 50 papers of 32. I smoke like 5 cigarettes a day but I also vape salt nicotine. I am going to try and quit smoking soon im trying to eat only edibles and not smoke weed.
I was taking a dab the other day and I choked up and could hardly breath it was pretty unpleasant. I dont want to die from not breathing the covid 19 has me woried.
I have a lot of nicotine stuff I smoke middle eastern stuff like dokha and hookah.Sometimes I shake and have a  little muscle spasm or feel really light headed with dokha. I was told one hit is like 5 cigarettes nicotine equivalent.

--------------------
How he could be a good user of LSD," I asked, "And know about the spiritual dimension - all that sort of thing - and still be a crook? I don't understand."
"Then it's time you did. Psychedelic drugs don't change you - they don't change you character - unless you want to be changed. They enable change; they can't impose it...
Alexander Shulgin, Pihkal: A Chemical Love Story

Edited by OGshroomHead (01/21/21 02:55 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds