Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinesonoramo
Contaminant
Male User Gallery

Loc: California, baby! Flag
Man arrested after $1M worth of drugs found in Oildale residence being used as drug lab
    #27146108 - 01/13/21 03:11 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Man arrested after $1M worth of drugs found in Oildale residence being used as drug lab

Original story image shows a bunch of drugs and a long-barrel revolver.

Original story at KGET

OILDALE, Calif. (KGET) — A man was arrested after $1 million worth of drugs was seized during a residence search on Sunday.

The Kern County Sheriff’s Office said its High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area Task Force conducted a search on McCord Avenue near North Chester Avenue and seized nearly 23 pounds of the hallucinogenic drug dimethyltryptamine, worth $1 million.

KCSO said deputies also seized three pounds of psilocybin mushrooms with an estimated value of $13,880, LSD tabs and vials containing liquid LSD worth $3,900 and 10 pounds of marijuana worth around $10,000. In total, the department seized $1,068,348 worth of drugs.  [Sonoramo asks: Seriously? Mushrooms cost $10 per gram!!?? That would make my day job a big waste of time.]

The department said deputies also recovered a loaded firearm, money from drug sales and small amounts of methamphetamine and cocaine.

David Jackson, 42, was found to have been maintaining the residence for drug sales and the operation of a DMT extraction lab, according to KCSO. The department said Jackson was living in the residence with his children, ages 8 and 9.

Child Protective Services took custody of the children due to the poor living conditions, KCSO said.

Jackson was arrested and booked into the Kern County Jail on suspicion of child endangerment, possessing a controlled substance for sales, manufacturing a controlled substance, possessing a controlled substance while armed with a loaded firearm and for maintaining a residence for the purpose of drug sales.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSugabearcrispS
Not Your Average Bear
Male User Gallery

Loc: maybe I had too much, too fast
Re: Man arrested after $1M worth of drugs found in Oildale residence being used as drug lab [Re: sonoramo]
    #27146341 - 01/13/21 05:37 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

23 pounds of the hallucinogenic drug dimethyltryptamine, worth $1 million.

Looked more like 23 pounds of root bark, which could make around 100 grams realistically worth $7,000 if sold by the gram.

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

Loc: Pudge County, TX
Re: Man arrested after $1M worth of drugs found in Oildale residence being used as drug lab [Re: sonoramo]
    #27146373 - 01/13/21 05:59 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah I heard about this earlier. It made the national news.

:feelsbadman:

--------------------
Aka Pudge (the real one, not the bitch ass fake one from 2020)

InvisibleHolybullshit
Stranger
Re: Man arrested after $1M worth of drugs found in Oildale residence being used as drug lab [Re: Sugabearcrisp]
    #27147172 - 01/14/21 06:36 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Sugabearcrisp said:
Quote:

Looked more like 23 pounds of root bark, which could make around 100 grams realistically worth $7,000 if sold by the gram.

Which would put it right in line with all the other quantities found.

As far as mushroom retail price...there is a lot of variability, but yeah I've seen(and sold) mushrooms for every bit as much as weed, but to find sustained demand at that price you end up having to really put yourself out there...

It's easy enough to convince people to pay $20-30 for a night of entertainment once a month or so, lowering prices won't even really increase end use demand all that much.

Edited by Holybullshit (01/14/21 07:05 AM)

OfflinetheRealrollforever
I DID-DENT
 User Gallery

Loc: Bada-Bing!
Re: Man arrested after $1M worth of drugs found in Oildale residence being used as drug lab [Re: Holybullshit] * 1
    #27147223 - 01/14/21 07:39 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

The real crime here is seizing someone children who isn't even in possession of hard drugs.  Child endangerment my ass.  Now if there were unregistered weapons (or weapons in general) then go ahead and mention that.  Until then I think it's barbaric how they treat people who sell drugs that aren't crack/fentanyl type chems

Even then I don't think they should be accountable but yeah that's a different discussion (drug dealers accountable for end users decision making)

--------------------

sunshine said:
The order has to be secret and no one is sure.

InvisibleHolybullshit
Stranger
Re: Man arrested after $1M worth of drugs found in Oildale residence being used as drug lab [Re: theRealrollforever]
    #27147282 - 01/14/21 08:33 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

There was a firearm found, as well as personal use amounts of cocaine and methamphetamine. I'm not sure we can infer that the children were receiving proper round the clock care from those not under the influence of said drugs.

He had his kids living at a "drug lab" where drugs were also, apparently, being sold. We don't really know anything about the conditions there, but it states...
Quote:

Child Protective Services took custody of the children due to the poor living conditions, KCSO said.

and it's not as if the kids were in a completely independent environment. They obviously deemed a gun necessary, so that implies they felt as if threat of violence from others was a possibility. Just the presence of that amount of drugs and money poses a threat to the children, from those who would want to take it for themselves. Every transaction presented a possibility of violence. And from my experience with situations like this, I doubt it was a great environment for them...and we don't know if there is a mother or grandmother available to take the kids(there probably isn't, or they'd be on their way to them).

And I don't know why you think their father wasn't directly involved/responsible for what was happening there, considering the charges he received. Even if he was just maintaining the house, that would imply there was an organized criminal element involved...I don't know if a drug manufacturing and distribution point is a great place for kids to be even IF, big if, it was an otherwise suitable environment for children.

This isn't the same as a parent getting busted selling weed out of his car, then coming to take the kids away while another appropriate caregiver remains free.(something which doesn't generally happen)

Edited by Holybullshit (01/14/21 08:45 AM)

Offlinesonoramo
Contaminant
Male User Gallery

Loc: California, baby! Flag
Re: Man arrested after $1M worth of drugs found in Oildale residence being used as drug lab [Re: theRealrollforever]
    #27147314 - 01/14/21 08:52 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

theRealrollforever said:
The real crime here is seizing someone children who isn't even in possession of hard drugs.  Child endangerment my ass.  Now if there were unregistered weapons (or weapons in general) then go ahead and mention that.  Until then I think it's barbaric how they treat people who sell drugs that aren't crack/fentanyl type chems

Well, this is Kern County. I know that general area pretty well, and this huge county is essentially a Red State. It has a white, old-family power-elite (sometimes with Spanish surnames) who own most of the land and run the government. A high proportion of low-wage laborers, Spanish speakers and immigrants live in conditions that most suburban dwellers would call "squalid." Police found a long-barrel revolver (supposedly loaded) as well as all the cash and "dangerous narcotics." California (possibly federal law too) sets up extra penalties for getting caught with a firearm plus drugs at the same. That's the picture and that's what might have gotten CPS involved.

If you love your kids, store your firearms/ammo in a safe, and unloaded.

OfflineFailboat
Fuck Up

#27147662 - 01/14/21 12:28 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Guns+Drugs(manufacturing/distributing/consuming)+Children=Prison

Does my math add up well?

OfflinetheRealrollforever
I DID-DENT
 User Gallery

Loc: Bada-Bing!
Re: Man arrested after $1M worth of drugs found in Oildale residence being used as drug lab [Re: Failboat]
    #27147667 - 01/14/21 12:32 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

I didn't see anything about cocaine or meth.  Or a firearm.  That's why my argument was what it was
Guess I'll reread

--------------------

sunshine said:
The order has to be secret and no one is sure.

OfflineCamwritesgonzo
The Unflushable Stool
Male User Gallery

Loc: On Uranus Flag
Re: Man arrested after $1M worth of drugs found in Oildale residence being used as drug lab [Re: Sugabearcrisp]
    #27155474 - 01/18/21 01:24 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Sugabearcrisp said:
Quote:

When have the LEO cum-rags ever been interested in reporting the true figures on the amount of psychoactive substances in a bust when they can overblow the numbers by counting the materials, precursors, solutions, and raw plant/fungus matter as the substance itself? It just wouldn't fit their bogus drug war hysteria agenda.

--------------------
"I've always maintained that reality is for those who can't face drugs."-Tom Waits
"I feel the same way about disco as I feel about herpes."-Hunter S. Thompson
A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous, got me?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract