Home | Community | Message Board

DoubleBlind - Learn to Grow Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon Microscope

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleMpSeph
Mushroom Hunter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gulf Coast USA
Re: super out of focus cint [Re: Icyurmt]
    #27144817 - 01/13/21 12:54 AM (13 days, 19 hours ago)

Yeah Doc, You Should Make A Lawn Pan/Dung Pan Data Collection Thread. I'd Contribute

--------------------
Tips For A Beginner Mushroom Hunter

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/27146775

One Who Hunts Mushrooms Is A Mushroom Hunter. One Who Eats Them Without Knowing What They Are, Is A Dumb Mushroom Hunter. - Seph

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineKaeden123

Loc: Oregon
Re: super out of focus cint [Re: Doc9151]
    #27145452 - 01/13/21 11:27 AM (13 days, 9 hours ago)

Quote:

Doc9151 said:
I didn't say active pans only grow on hpoo, I said I have only seen cinctulus on hpoo, along with 3 look alikes. There are active grass Panaeolus, but I haven't seen any yet from grass that have an angular germ pore in oblique view. The need for further study of grass dwelling active Panaeolus is the reason I decided to focus my efforts on this Genus. 

If,  any of you would like to contribute to my studies,  I'm looking for collections from both dung and grass substrates from locations worldwide. Requirements are:
1. In situ, clear, up close photos showing the Cap surface, gills and the stipe including the stipe base. Sent to me in a private message.
2. Your user name
3. Location (nearest city or town)
4. Observation date
5. substrate

All specimens collected should be handled as little as necessary to preserve as much detail as possible. All specimens received will be examined microscopically and measurements of each taxonomic structure performed.  If,  you create an identification request, then send me the link in a pm with the in situ photos, I will come back to the thread after I receive them and post my measurements as well as any pictures I take through the microscope eye piece.

Remember, when taking in situ photos,  cast your shadow over the mushroom(s), direct light can obscure important taxonomic characteristics necessary for proper identification. If you look at the picture your planning to submit and you can't see everything clearly,  I won't be able to see it either!!!. All specimens received will be added to my herbarium for future reference and sequencing. After my journey through this life is complete,  my herbarium will be donated to the University of Florida .

Hell yeah! I’ll contribute as I find more. Wish I took better in Situ pics of some of my finds!

InvisibleDoc9151M
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gulf Coast USA Flag
Trusted Identifier
Re: super out of focus cint [Re: Icyurmt]
    #27146150 - 01/13/21 05:45 PM (13 days, 2 hours ago)

Quote:

Icyurmt said:
Quote:

Doc9151 said:

If,  any of you would like to contribute to my studies,  I'm looking for collections from both dung and grass substrates from locations worldwide. Requirements are:
1. In situ, clear, up close photos showing the Cap surface, gills and the stipe including the stipe base. Sent to me in a private message.
2. Your user name
4. Observation date
5. substrate

All specimens collected should be handled as little as necessary to preserve as much detail as possible. All specimens received will be examined microscopically and measurements of each taxonomic structure performed.  If,  you create an identification request, then send me the link in a pm with the in situ photos, I will come back to the thread after I receive them and post my measurements as well as any pictures I take through the microscope eye piece.

Remember, when taking in situ photos,  cast your shadow over the mushroom(s), direct light can obscure important taxonomic characteristics necessary for proper identification. If you look at the picture your planning to submit and you can't see everything clearly,  I won't be able to see it either!!!. All specimens received will be added to my herbarium for future reference and sequencing. After my journey through this life is complete,  my herbarium will be donated to the University of Florida .

:myman:  Sweet, I’m excited to contribute whatever I can to this effort! I feel like this should be made into a separate post..

I will pursue this more once my situation improves at home,  I've been caring for my elderly parents over the last year. My step father (my dad to me) passed 26 September  and my mom contracted necrotizing fasciitis and synergistic Gangrene 2 weeks later, so I don't have a lot of time right now but that will change and when it does, I will dive in whole. Heartedly. Also, my daughter is battling cancer and my oldest sister is dying from alcohol induced end stage liver failure. 2020 was the worst yet!!!

Edit: Those you whom are daily drinkers and think you don't have a problem because you manage to hold a job, my sister thought the same thing and is dying from her daily intake,  but still denies she's an alcoholic, you are an alcoholic and you can get help before its to late. My sister didn't show any signs until it was to late,  don't let it happen to you!!!

--------------------
LET EVERYTHING HAPPEN TO YOU
BEAUTY AND TERROR
JUST KEEP GOING
NO FEELING IS FINAL!!!!
          Rainer Maria Riley
          Holocaust survivor

Psilocybe cubensis data collection thread. please help with this project if you hunt wild cubensis.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=26513593&page=0&vc=1#26513593

Edited by Doc9151 (01/13/21 05:51 PM)

InvisibleMpSeph
Mushroom Hunter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gulf Coast USA
    #27146179 - 01/13/21 06:02 PM (13 days, 2 hours ago)

Im Very Sorry To Hear That Doc, I Too Lost Many People That I Knew Well & That Were Close To Me In 2020 (Including My Father & One Of My Best Friends).

I Also Have Many Friends That Are Alcoholics, That Have Bad Eating Habits Along With It. Like You Said, They Believe Because They Can Hold A Job That They Don't Have A Problem. That Is Far From The Case.

I'll Be Praying For You & Your Family, I Don't Know You Personally But That Makes No Difference In My Eyes. You Are An Important Member To This Community, & I Care About Your Well Being. I'm Sure Many Other Members Feel The Same Way, Let's Face 2021 Together, Nobody's Alone In This Community, We Take Care Of Each Other :cheers:

--------------------
Tips For A Beginner Mushroom Hunter

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/27146775

One Who Hunts Mushrooms Is A Mushroom Hunter. One Who Eats Them Without Knowing What They Are, Is A Dumb Mushroom Hunter. - Seph

OfflineShroomhunts
Hunter Gatherer
Male User Gallery

Loc: PA
    #27146286 - 01/13/21 07:01 PM (13 days, 1 hour ago)

Quote:

Doc9151 said:
Quote:

Icyurmt said:
Quote:

Doc9151 said:

2. Your user name
4. Observation date
5. substrate

:myman:  Sweet, I’m excited to contribute whatever I can to this effort! I feel like this should be made into a separate post..

I will pursue this more once my situation improves at home,  I've been caring for my elderly parents over the last year. My step father (my dad to me) passed 26 September  and my mom contracted necrotizing fasciitis and synergistic Gangrene 2 weeks later, so I don't have a lot of time right now but that will change and when it does, I will dive in whole. Heartedly. Also, my daughter is battling cancer and my oldest sister is dying from alcohol induced end stage liver failure. 2020 was the worst yet!!!

Edit: Those you whom are daily drinkers and think you don't have a problem because you manage to hold a job, my sister thought the same thing and is dying from her daily intake,  but still denies she's an alcoholic, you are an alcoholic and you can get help before its to late. My sister didn't show any signs until it was to late,  don't let it happen to you!!!

My prayers go out to you doc, my family has a long history of alcoholism and I know the damage firsthand. My father drinks every day for a long time it was really bad but after I tripped on mushrooms with him he actually improved alot and is now down to only a few beers a week. There is great potential for addiction treatment in psychedelics if you can intervene before it's too late. The most important thing is to be there for them.

When the day comes for the lawn pan study I will be a top contributor would love to advance the knowledge about these species.

--------------------

You never kno

OfflineLeafRaker
Stranger
 User Gallery

#27147271 - 01/14/21 10:27 AM (12 days, 10 hours ago)

I'm super excited to help out, please re-up this when you are ready to go. I haven't been finding flushes as big as the one in my avatar/Lawn Cincts album, but I've been finding small flushes everywhere with phenotypic variation.

But I really hope you can get the other things in your life sorted first, it sounds like you've a lot to deal with these days. Best wishes!

Edited by LeafRaker (01/14/21 10:30 AM)

OfflineWeedy Dave
Stranger
Male

Loc: United Kingdom Flag
    #27147585 - 01/14/21 01:46 PM (12 days, 6 hours ago)

Sorry to hear of your hard times, I hope the good of the world shows itself for you soon.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon Microscope

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification