Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Science and Technology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineIce9
Benzo Enthusiast
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: daterapeville,USA
Re: Telescope questions? [Re: Jean-Luc Picard]
    #27145786 - 01/13/21 02:09 PM (13 days, 5 hours ago)

Sorry, I forget to mention important facts, focal length.  It's not the worlds best telescope but since I have it and the mirrors are clean, thought I might use it at some point.  Want to make it as simple to use as possible, thus the thought of mechanical base.  I have had it for quite some time, maybe 20+years.  But its been kept with dust caps on and vacuum sealed from moisture and easy transport.

Awesome infor, yeah I believe the aperture is around 5".  Thanks for awesome info, pretty much what I needed to know to get really started researching. 5 shrooms to you good sir.

--------------------
Regarding Benzodiaepines: "They are a recreational drug, and being one doesn't exclude it's potential as a medicine." Yukon Cornelius

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleJean-Luc Picard
I only wish i was this good!
 User Gallery

Loc: New Mexico, USA Flag
Re: Telescope questions? [Re: Ice9]
    #27146177 - 01/13/21 06:01 PM (13 days, 1 hour ago)

Its surprising what you can get with a DSLR, mine is modified slightly though.

--------------------
The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you - NDT

OfflineIce9
Benzo Enthusiast
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: daterapeville,USA
Re: Telescope questions? [Re: Jean-Luc Picard]
    #27146922 - 01/14/21 02:44 AM (12 days, 17 hours ago)

Quote:

Jean-Luc Picard said:
Its surprising what you can get with a DSLR, mine is modified slightly though.

Nice pictures, I want to do that, gonna read up about astrophotography? How to set it up, best camera's and set-ups... sounds like an amazing hobby the combines my love for space and photography.  I am sure its not easy, but as they say 10,100 hours makes the master.

--------------------
Regarding Benzodiaepines: "They are a recreational drug, and being one doesn't exclude it's potential as a medicine." Yukon Cornelius

InvisibleJean-Luc Picard
I only wish i was this good!
 User Gallery

Loc: New Mexico, USA Flag
Re: Telescope questions? [Re: Ice9]
    #27147305 - 01/14/21 10:48 AM (12 days, 9 hours ago)

I've been working with it for about 7 months now, and have really enjoyed it. It is definitely a dense topic to dive into, and can be insanely frustrating at times, but when things work out and you start seeing structure that is far beyond what visual astronomy could ever hope to observe, the feeling of accomplishment is pretty nice.

I monochrome-modded my dslr a few months back just to see if I could do it, and that got me hooked on monochrome imaging with filters (the images I posted are an assembly of monochrome images made with various narrow bandpass filters, with each image assigned to a color channel).

Now I've got my first cooled astrocamera on order, the ZWO ASI6200MM Pro. It's got what I'm looking for (small pixel size, deep full well, large adc bit depth, full-frame image size, and good quantum efficiency). I'm hoping this will be the only camera I'll need for my current scope (a 274mm focal length refractor) as well as my planned 6-10" aperature newtonian astrograph purchase in the next year or two.

I highly recommend this hobby for anyone who loves astronomy and has the extra funds and time to invest in it.

--------------------
The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you - NDT

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

General Interest >> Science and Technology