Home | Community | Message Board

North Spore
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Spirituality & Mysticism

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinefrikiriki
Shroom Nerd
Female
To dream, or not to dream? * 2
    #27144535 - 01/12/21 09:32 PM (13 days, 23 hours ago)

Hello,

I am a dreamer, always have been. When I go to sleep, my mind gives me music, stories, and all sorts of things. Every day I say, "what a weird dream!"

My SO says that he does not dream. Sometimes he feels like he dreamt, but can't remember.

Hindu philosophy recognizes several different states of consciousness.
What I took from it... dreamless sleep is more restful than dream-filled sleep.

I used to keep a dream journal, but then things got pretty intense. I would write down everything I could remember from my dreams. Then I began to make connections between what I was writing down and what I would then experience the following days... months even.

I read a book,
'Don Juan and the Art of Sexual Energy' by Merilyn Tunneshende

It is about the initiation of a woman into the Toltec-Mayan traditions of energy healing.

Don Juan, her teacher, explains that dreams use sexual, primal, connected energy. The woman learns to dream with more control, and eventually her dreams become more connected with her waking state.

This woman experienced things that didn't seem so far-fetched to me.
To someone who does not dream...not so much.

So dreamers and dreamless...
what do you think is happening while we are asleep?

Should one who dreams, try to become dreamless?
Should one who is dreamless, try to dream?

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineLoaded Shaman
Psychophysiologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Now O'Clock
Re: To dream, or not to dream? [Re: frikiriki] * 1
    #27144837 - 01/13/21 01:24 AM (13 days, 19 hours ago)

The way I look at it, your conscious focus is temporarily anchored to your physical body, but via meditation techniques and drugs, you can "jump" levels. Astral, etheric, etc.

The dreamer is the dream characters, dreamscape, AND the container in which it's all taking place...

...As above, so below.

:sunny::levitate:

Offlinesaintdextro
Entheogen psychonaut
Male

Re: To dream, or not to dream? [Re: Loaded Shaman] * 2
    #27144955 - 01/13/21 03:41 AM (13 days, 17 hours ago)

My Dreams often give me advice, correct me in my wrong doing, reflect what's happening in my life currently, showing me message's sometimes enclosed in symbolic language, but I get the Message through discernment of what is obvious what the dream is referring to, even though it's unpredictably and not of my making, God blessed me with insightful dreams, must's been because he knows I like to Hallucinate!

About 2 months ago I had the same dream I had years ago though I Forgot till I had it again (Though for this particular dream there is possibility that I'm just imagining that I had it before, though I think I did, quite sure. As even I'll tell you I Remember having this dream before while in this dream!) I Tipped over a couple trays of candy and delightful food on tables in a big room, mostly candy, the trays all chain reaction tipped over the other trays of sweets ahead them on the tables than all the candy was flowing on the floor and I was walking and skipping on top a feild of candy, walking and laying down on fairly fast fast flowing candy flood of many different sorts as an orchestra played a beautiful song I never heard in real life though it sounded so real and sweet, The vocals were singing over and over again "Believe in your dreams!" with a beautiful voice that fit the Orchestra playing as a danced and picked up I think it was some yogurt I found flowing around the feild..."Believe in no your Dreams! Believe in your Dreams! Believe in your Dreams!" and other similar lyrics,,,

I described this Dream to you all simply because it's beauty and the Message I Should hold on to the hope my impactful, powerful Dreams I've had through out my life have given me, What does a Pot head do when he's met Jesus oh so many times and being given insightful and significant messages and blessings? I just get high, I just hallucinate, this world is too big for me too handle, no wonder I've struggled with suicidal-depression for years! I'm just the average loser, a couple steps below "The Dude" from the Big Lebowskie. Pray for me!

--------------------
"He who finds peace and joy
And radiance within himself
That man becomes one with God
And vanishes into God's bliss."

-Bhagavad Gita, 5.24
One 21 - Building Better Bombs
One 21 - Pacified
One 21 - Two Sides Is Fine
"Respectability is a cloak for the hypocrite" - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Offlinefrikiriki
Shroom Nerd
Female
Re: To dream, or not to dream? [Re: Loaded Shaman]
    #27145693 - 01/13/21 01:30 PM (13 days, 7 hours ago)

Quote:

Loaded Shaman said:
The way I look at it, your conscious focus is temporarily anchored to your physical body, but via meditation techniques and drugs, you can "jump" levels. Astral, etheric, etc.

The dreamer is the dream characters, dreamscape, AND the container in which it's all taking place...

...As above, so below.

This makes me think that we are always our own guide, teacher, or guru,
but we are also the listener, student, or receiver.
There is communication happening all of the time between ourselves... and from this, are we synthesizing, learning about the universe? Learning about our patterns of thinking, doing, etc?

...Or is it merely a comfort to oneself?

Offlinefrikiriki
Shroom Nerd
Female
Re: To dream, or not to dream? [Re: saintdextro]
    #27145721 - 01/13/21 01:41 PM (13 days, 7 hours ago)

I like to dream, I like the messages and happy uplifting dreams.. but occasionally I get some weird offbeat ones.

Maybe dreams are a reflection of the emotional state...

Sometimes dreams can be symbolic, sacred, special...

Other times they are repetitive and bothersome.

But through all of these moments I wonder if we are self-soothing, self-healing...

The REM cycle is the natural body process of healing and repairing...

You say you are prone to depression, and maybe that is one part of yourself.

I think we are very fragmented individuals with many different personalities. 

While one part of yourself is sad... the other is trying to cheer up the gloomy mood... :smile:

OfflineInnerWisdom
Male

Loc: North EU
Re: To dream, or not to dream? [Re: frikiriki]
    #27145734 - 01/13/21 01:49 PM (13 days, 7 hours ago)

That is the peculiar thing about us. There seems to be in most people some form of intelligence in addition to the ego. It may be like a different aspect of yourself that is not always there, but sometimes comes out and guides you. Jung studied and wrote about extensively of this Other in the psyche, which he called Self in its entirety, but there are other forces which have personifications naturally to us that he named. Perhaps you are aware so I won't go deeper into that.

I wouldn't say we are learning from the universe unless it's really from that level of transcended consciousness, that which is called Tao, the Way, which is like the energy of the universe.
We are more learning about ourselves, our humanity and mostly of course our psychology in its totality with these phenomenon.

OfflineInnerWisdom
Male

#27145741 - 01/13/21 01:51 PM (13 days, 7 hours ago)

Yes, this is how I feel. The psyche has a natural ability to heal and teach you if you are willing, but it can also make a trap for you and become your own worst enemy.

OfflineInnerWisdom
Male

Re: To dream, or not to dream? [Re: InnerWisdom]
    #27145762 - 01/13/21 01:58 PM (13 days, 7 hours ago)

you might be interested in this online dream summit that is free of charge https://jungplatform.com/summit/dreams-and-your-personal-journey/#register

Offlinefrikiriki
Shroom Nerd
Female
Re: To dream, or not to dream? [Re: InnerWisdom]
    #27146175 - 01/13/21 06:00 PM (13 days, 2 hours ago)

Thank you!

OfflineLoaded Shaman
Psychophysiologist
Male User Gallery

#27146920 - 01/14/21 02:43 AM (12 days, 18 hours ago)

Quote:

saintdextro said:
My Dreams often give me advice, correct me in my wrong doing, reflect what's happening in my life currently, showing me message's sometimes enclosed in symbolic language, but I get the Message through discernment of what is obvious what the dream is referring to, even though it's unpredictably and not of my making, God blessed me with insightful dreams, must's been because he knows I like to Hallucinate!

About 2 months ago I had the same dream I had years ago though I Forgot till I had it again (Though for this particular dream there is possibility that I'm just imagining that I had it before, though I think I did, quite sure. As even I'll tell you I Remember having this dream before while in this dream!) I Tipped over a couple trays of candy and delightful food on tables in a big room, mostly candy, the trays all chain reaction tipped over the other trays of sweets ahead them on the tables than all the candy was flowing on the floor and I was walking and skipping on top a feild of candy, walking and laying down on fairly fast fast flowing candy flood of many different sorts as an orchestra played a beautiful song I never heard in real life though it sounded so real and sweet, The vocals were singing over and over again "Believe in your dreams!" with a beautiful voice that fit the Orchestra playing as a danced and picked up I think it was some yogurt I found flowing around the feild..."Believe in no your Dreams! Believe in your Dreams! Believe in your Dreams!" and other similar lyrics,,,

I described this Dream to you all simply because it's beauty and the Message I Should hold on to the hope my impactful, powerful Dreams I've had through out my life have given me, What does a Pot head do when he's met Jesus oh so many times and being given insightful and significant messages and blessings? I just get high, I just hallucinate, this world is too big for me too handle, no wonder I've struggled with suicidal-depression for years! I'm just the average loser, a couple steps below "The Dude" from the Big Lebowskie. Pray for me!

Excellent post right here!

Quote:

frikiriki said:
Quote:

Loaded Shaman said:

...As above, so below.

This makes me think that we are always our own guide, teacher, or guru,
but we are also the listener, student, or receiver.
There is communication happening all of the time between ourselves... and from this, are we synthesizing, learning about the universe? Learning about our patterns of thinking, doing, etc?

...Or is it merely a comfort to oneself?

To the degree which You require the perception of separation/parsing of The Self to learn that said perception isn't the case, so be it.

As always, I highly suggest keeping a dream/moon journal.

Invisiblechopstick
Putin's homeboy
Male

Loc: Chin's Wok
Re: To dream, or not to dream? [Re: frikiriki] * 1
    #27167240 - 01/24/21 03:04 PM (2 days, 5 hours ago)

As someone who has been having insanely intense dreams and visions every single night since I was a child, and who has followed a path of intense spiritual truth seeking, I will give my understanding of what is taking place. These understandings took well over a decade of direct experience for me to come to the conclusions that I will now give to you. You are free to accept or ignore them in accordance of your free will.

First of all, it is important to understand that there are multiple versions of the Self that exist at any given point in time. There is your conscious self, which is housed in the chemical body shell and is the one who gets to experience the physical reality directly. This version of the self lacks in terms of understanding and awareness. This is part of why we are here. To experience and dream and learn and feel and eventually come to understand the true nature of all things through direct experience.

Secondly, there is your Subconscious self. Make no mistake, your subconscious is its own person, its own personality. The subconscious self is the King or the Queen of the Roots of the Mind Tree, and is in charge of offering dreams, visions, and other forms of subconscious communication to the Conscious self so that the Conscious self may gain greater awareness and purpose. Your subconscious self is aware of the intentions that you had prior to the incarnation in which your current life experience was programmed. Your subconscious self is aware of what you need to experience in order to grow. Your subconscious self is aware of the goals you set for your life prior to incarnating. And thus, your subconscious self offers you clues, usually in the form of dreams, to help you gain awareness of your true purpose for being here, and by showing you the things and experiences that will help you to grow and to learn and to move closer to your true reason for being here. Your subconscious self also helps to clear energy blockages by showing you in your dreams what you need to experience in order to clear any negativity or blockages in the spiritual energy centers.

Communication between the conscious and subconscious self is extremely important for the reasons I have listed above. You can convince your subconscious self that you are serious about learning more by, as you have done in the past, using a dream journal to write down every detail of every dream you have. This form of practice will improve the relationship between your conscious and subconscious selves, and improve the overall dreaming phenomenon, as it will be enhanced through this form of practice.

I have just outlined to you the basic spiritual understanding behind dreaming that was given to me. However, the dreamstate has numerous other functions in addition to learning more about the self. Whenever you enter the dreamstate you are altering your consciousness, and a great deal many things become possible. It becomes possible to walk the astral planes of the Earth, the spiritual dimensions where you can see the true spiritual nature of everything around you which will be presented to you in a visual format. It becomes possible for telepathic contact to take place between yourself and other entities. It becomes possible to dream with others, and to communicate with them telepathically via the dreamstate. Through the dreamstate you can communicate with others telepathically and in a way which is not entirely audio but also visual. You can show them things it would not be possible to show otherwise. It is also possible to divine the future through one's dreams and visions, for time is an illusion and during the dreamstate one is able to see through this illusion and predict various possible future realities through the swirling currents of the probability/possibility vortices, shown in the form of a vision.

However, only the most powerful of adepts are capable of using the dreamstate to achieve these things. For the vast majority of people, the dreamstate will primarily remain as a way to communicate between the conscious and subconscious self. Nevertheless, this still has great potential to assist in the finding of your life's path and eventually coming to fully understand the Self, opening one to greater levels of spiritual understanding, wisdom, and knowledge.

Edited by chopstick (01/24/21 03:04 PM)

OfflineLoaded Shaman
Psychophysiologist
Male User Gallery

Re: To dream, or not to dream? [Re: chopstick]
    #27168228 - 01/25/21 01:16 AM (1 day, 19 hours ago)

Solid post!

Are you familiar with the Silva Mind Control Method, chopstick?

You can initiate alpha brainwaves intentionally, tap into your subconscious, and completely rewrite conscious habits within 40 days. The level of intensity of which you avail this to yourself can round up/clean up everything from nasty smoking habits to ulcers.

Psychophysiology is very real and very emergent. I'm extremely grateful to be dipping my toes more into this field, from an ancillary position of my main career, of course.

OfflineStantz

Loc: Out-there
Re: To dream, or not to dream? [Re: Loaded Shaman]
    #27168357 - 01/25/21 04:35 AM (1 day, 16 hours ago)

Hmmm.. Guess I view it as subconsciousness/higher self maybe, nudging me in the right direction through a chaotic mix of metaphors and symbolism.

Sometimes I wish my dreams would be more straight to the point and not so cryptic LOL, keeping a dream journal helps, but still it's almost like learning a second language trying to make sense of it all.

But I love dreaming! Especially the lucid ones, never gets old flying around and walking through walls etc. :smile:

Offlinesaintdextro
Entheogen psychonaut
Male

Re: To dream, or not to dream? [Re: Stantz]
    #27171339 - 01/26/21 06:54 PM (2 hours, 5 minutes ago)

I would keep  dream journal but I occasionally I dream of my friend fucking my ass than my dad takes a turn and fucks my ass, but I don't want people to know have unrealistic, not my "sober-non-dream-intoxicated" state where I would never do that!,,,

oh shit I guess I just told you all! Now I'll never live it down! lol  :ass2mouth:

--------------------
"He who finds peace and joy
And radiance within himself
That man becomes one with God
And vanishes into God's bliss."

-Bhagavad Gita, 5.24
One 21 - Building Better Bombs
One 21 - Pacified
One 21 - Two Sides Is Fine
"Respectability is a cloak for the hypocrite" - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

General Interest >> Spirituality & Mysticism