Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Coir, HEPA Filter, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineCapt_price
Stranger
Advice and question about senescence
    #27146041 - 01/13/21 04:19 PM (13 days, 17 hours ago)

Some backstory,
i started my first 2 solo monotubs a few months ago and a half ago and am on my 12th tub now.
I started with ms to agar, agar to grain using bods oat tek and hve been doing g2g since.
Every 2 weeks i make 10 jars, use 8 for 2 buckets and remaining 2 for next g2g
Tubs  are made using bucket tek coir and 2 quarts verm.

First few tubs i would always make it to a 4th flush usually getting about 7oz total before contam
Last 4 tubs the yield has gone down but even worse i cant even make it past first flush without seeing trich on most of my tubs.

Ive read some posts on people saying they have done up to 10 g2gs without or before seeing a decline in yield. Many posts  mention the decline in yield but not many that ive found mention an increase in contams due to too many g2gs.
This being the only factor thats been changed im assuming and hoping the source of all my contams is due to weakened mycelium due to senescence.

A couple questions im a little confused of are if cloning a mushroom to agar at this point starts a fresh cycle of mycelium or do you need to restart from spores?
How many g2gs do most experienced cultivators do and do you see an increase of contams in later tubs?
Do you think increasing spawn ratio from 4, to 6 or 8 quarts of spawn per tub could help fight against trich or replacing fan with hepa filter airpurifying fan be worth it?
Also any other advice is appreciated based on my situation

Thanks . CP

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Coir, HEPA Filter, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation