Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon Hemp, Malt Extract

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleZenZone
Male User Gallery

Re: What shampoo / conditioner u use? [Re: openmind] * 2
    #27144149 - 01/12/21 06:14 PM (7 days, 13 hours ago)

I'm with Openmind on this, 100% :shrug:

The only thing I use to was my body and hair is Dr. Bronner's Pure-Castile Soap, All-One Hemp Peppermint.
My reasoning is the same as OM's.
I has been 6 years and I'm happy with the results.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineLoaded Shaman
Psychophysiologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Now O'Clock
Re: What shampoo / conditioner u use? [Re: openmind]
    #27144885 - 01/13/21 02:15 AM (7 days, 5 hours ago)

Quote:

openmind said:
Ya'll really like stripping your scalp & hair of oils and pouring a mixture of a bunch of unnecessary chemicals onto your head & hair don't ya?

Do you guys really genuinely feel that long list of random chemicals that are in most (if not all) of the shampoos in this thread are actually required and necessary to have clean & healthy hair?

I find most shampoos out there to be a concoction of a bunch of chemicals that are not necessary at all for clean & healthy hair, and most folks don't seem to realize this or don't care.

This is the shampoo I use, it is a "bar" just like a bar of soap.

It contains almost nothing but oils and plant extracts. Not a long list of chemicals that are each spelled with 20+ letters & numbers, not a bunch of synthetic scents or plastics or acids/bases or alcohols or waxes or silicone or any other unnecessary chemicals.

Water, Palm oil, Safflower oil, Coconut oil, Sodium Hydroxide*, Castor, Lemongrass essential oil, Calendula, Nettle and Horsetail, Cedar essential oil and Activated Charcoal. (*None remains after saponification of oils)

In comparison to something like "Garnier" , which is a concoction of many different chemicals and plastics and artificial colors and synthetic "fragerance". Sure it has some plant extracts in there but they are likely in miniscule amounts.

(Aqua/Water/Eau, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Coco-Betaine, Sodium Chloride, Laureth-5 Carboxylic Acid, Cocamide MIPA, Amodimethicone, Parfum/Fragrance, Sodium Benzoate, Hexylene Glycol, Polyquaternium-7, Pyrus Malus Fruit Extract/Apple Fruit Extract, PEG-55 Propylene Glycol Oleate, Propylene Glycol, Salicylic Acid, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Niacinamide, Pyridoxine HCl, Hexyl Cinnamal, Citric Acid, Saccharum Officinarum Extract/Sugar Cane Extract/Extrait De Canne A Sucre, Benzyl Alcohol, Linalool, Amyl Cinnamal, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Lemon Protein, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol, Citrus Limon Peel Extract/Lemon Peel Extract, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, CI 19140/Yellow 5, CI 14700/Red 4, Sodium Hydroxide.  )

Even "Herbal Essences" is a mixture of chemicals with a tiny bit of plant extracts....

(Water, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycol Distearate, Dimethicone, Fragrance, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Histidine, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Ecklonia Radiata Extract, Sodium Citrate, Cocamide Mea, Sodium Xylenesulfonate, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Chloride, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Polyquaternium-6, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone )

Why do you guys need to use amodimethicone on your hair? Why do you guys need to use Sodium xylenesulfonate on your hair? Or Polyquaternium-6? Is Laureth-5 Carboxylic Acid something that is required for a healthy scalp & hair? What about CI 19140/Yellow 5 and CI 14700/Red 4? Are artificial colors needed for healthy hair?...Why do you need to use Polyquaternium-7 and PEG-55 Propylene Glycol Oleate on your hair?

-OM

I don't disagree. However, if you don't put this same level of skepticism and work into your diet/nutrition and exercise, all of the chemical counting elsewhere is absolutely moot. Not accusing you of this at all btw, just making that statement. I see it all day with my work, lol.

OfflineOutsideOfMyMind
LSD Administrator
 User Gallery

Re: What shampoo / conditioner u use? [Re: Loaded Shaman]
    #27145001 - 01/13/21 05:37 AM (7 days, 2 hours ago)

Renpure, activated charcoal scent for shampoo, hemp scent for conditioner.

--------------------
All the drugs I've tried from youngest to oldest:
13: Marijuana, 14: Alcohol, LSD, 15. Ecstasy (white "x-file"  pill), 18: Various opioid pills 21: Mushrooms, Cocaine
Drugs I have yet to try:
DMT, Mescaline

Edited by OutsideOfMyMind (01/13/21 05:43 AM)

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

#27146017 - 01/13/21 03:59 PM (6 days, 16 hours ago)

Quote:

Loaded Shaman said:

I don't disagree. However, if you don't put this same level of skepticism and work into your diet/nutrition and exercise, all of the chemical counting elsewhere is absolutely moot. Not accusing you of this at all btw, just making that statement. I see it all day with my work, lol.

I do. A big part of my life-style and my approach to "living" is based off being mindful about the impact various things have on my body and the impact various things have on the planet. And I came into this world born a skeptic, I'm an extremely skeptical person.

"Shampoo" is not the only thing I'm conscious about in regards to what touches or goes into my body as well the impact things have on the environment/planet I'm part of.

I'm mindful and conscious about everything that touches or goes into my body, and I am mindful about the impact the "products" I choose to use have on my body and the environment. I am also mindful about who or what I am supporting with my dollar/$, I try to purchase products from small business and not give $ to big conglomerate corporations. I also try to be aware of how much "waste" I produce.

I'm not perfect about it but I do make an effort and strive to live cleanly and treat my body decently lol, to support small business and not big corps/conglomerates, and to leave as little impact as possible on our planet (if not leaving it in better shape if possible). I've cut out soda, fast food, meat, and many processed foods from my diet. I drink almost nothing but water. I don't use plastic bags and try to avoid certain plastic packaging/products if possible (but plastics/packaging is difficult to avoid).

The large thick plastic bottles that shampoo comes in, which are almost always dumped into the trash and dumped into our planet right after being used, is another reason I have tried to stay away from them....I'm no where near plastic-free yet, but I am making an effort to reduce the amount of plastics I touch/use in my life. I haven't used a plastic bag of any sort in several years now.

It is difficult to get away from plastics tho, but I try.

But yea...I approach everything in life like this, not just shampoo lol.

-OM

--------------------

OfflineLoaded Shaman
Psychophysiologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Now O'Clock
    #27146942 - 01/14/21 03:01 AM (6 days, 5 hours ago)

Quote:

openmind said:
Quote:

Loaded Shaman said:

I do. A big part of my life-style and my approach to "living" is based off being mindful about the impact various things have on my body and the impact various things have on the planet. And I came into this world born a skeptic, I'm an extremely skeptical person.

"Shampoo" is not the only thing I'm conscious about in regards to what touches or goes into my body as well the impact things have on the environment/planet I'm part of.

I'm mindful and conscious about everything that touches or goes into my body, and I am mindful about the impact the "products" I choose to use have on my body and the environment. I am also mindful about who or what I am supporting with my dollar/$, I try to purchase products from small business and not give $ to big conglomerate corporations. I also try to be aware of how much "waste" I produce.

I'm not perfect about it but I do make an effort and strive to live cleanly and treat my body decently lol, to support small business and not big corps/conglomerates, and to leave as little impact as possible on our planet (if not leaving it in better shape if possible). I've cut out soda, fast food, meat, and many processed foods from my diet. I drink almost nothing but water. I don't use plastic bags and try to avoid certain plastic packaging/products if possible (but plastics/packaging is difficult to avoid).

The large thick plastic bottles that shampoo comes in, which are almost always dumped into the trash and dumped into our planet right after being used, is another reason I have tried to stay away from them....I'm no where near plastic-free yet, but I am making an effort to reduce the amount of plastics I touch/use in my life. I haven't used a plastic bag of any sort in several years now.

It is difficult to get away from plastics tho, but I try.

But yea...I approach everything in life like this, not just shampoo lol.

-OM

Good for you! I wasn't calling you or anyone out, btw. I just see so many people claim A while doing B, lol. That level of discipline (consistency of health products) carries over well to other areas of life.

OfflineIce9
Benzo Enthusiast
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: daterapeville,USA
    #27146950 - 01/14/21 03:13 AM (6 days, 4 hours ago)

I use prescription shampoo to control psoriasis of the scalp. In between I use American Crew shampoo + conditioner.

--------------------
Regarding Benzodiaepines: "They are a recreational drug, and being one doesn't exclude it's potential as a medicine." Yukon Cornelius

OfflineOutsideOfMyMind
LSD Administrator
 User Gallery

#27146963 - 01/14/21 03:34 AM (6 days, 4 hours ago)

I don't use castile soap on my body. It dries the shit out of my skin. I only use it for hand soap.

--------------------
13: Marijuana, 14: Alcohol, LSD, 15. Ecstasy (white "x-file"  pill), 18: Various opioid pills 21: Mushrooms, Cocaine
Drugs I have yet to try:
DMT, Mescaline

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

Re: What shampoo / conditioner u use? [Re: OutsideOfMyMind]
    #27147738 - 01/14/21 03:08 PM (5 days, 16 hours ago)

Quote:

Loaded Shaman said:

Good for you! I wasn't calling you or anyone out, btw. I just see so many people claim A while doing B, lol. That level of discipline (consistency of health products) carries over well to other areas of life.

I know...I hear ya. I was just rambling on about it lol.

And yea, I def know what you mean & see a lot of what you're talking about.

Like when people are "mindful/conscious" (or seem/claim to be) about one thing such as unnecessary chemicals in hygiene products, but they also have no problem eating a bunch of fast food/processed foods. Or people that drive electric/hybrid cars "for the environment" but they still use plastic bags and other things that are quite detrimental to our planet. Or people that are mindful/conscious about what foods they eat, but they'll put untested drugs from a stranger up their nose lol.

(I might be guilty of one of those things :grin: )

Quote:

ZenZone said:
I'm with Openmind on this, 100% :shrug:

The only thing I use to was my body and hair is Dr. Bronner's Pure-Castile Soap, All-One Hemp Peppermint.
My reasoning is the same as OM's.
I has been 6 years and I'm happy with the results.

:werd:

I use Dr. Bronners from time to time. I like the peppermint soap and the cool sensation it gives (tho it can be intense sometimes on certain parts lol). I used some of the peppermint soap as part of my mixture to kill mites that were on my cannabis plants last summer lol, worked nicely.

It's a business I don't mind supporting with my $ too :thumbup: .

Quote:

OutsideOfMyMind said:
I don't use castile soap on my body. It dries the shit out of my skin. I only use it for hand soap.

I have experienced that before too, at least on my hair/scalp when I was using it as shampoo a few years ago.

But I was using some of the Bronners peppermint soap a few months ago and it didn't dry my skin out...Depends on the skin/hair type a person has and how oily their hair/skin is, among other variables too I'm sure.

....but I've def heard of it happening to other people too.

-OM

--------------------

OfflineGypsy Boy
Член Профсоюза
Male

Loc: Deep in the discoteka
    #27149698 - 01/15/21 02:36 PM (4 days, 17 hours ago)

Well I ordered moon valley soap bar.

Which brings me to my second question: what's the best gel shampoo to wash your balls??

In my experience its, u know those gift sets with perfume combo with shower gel is the shit, balls will smell delightful

--------------------

Official Shroomery Wish list

OfflineCamwritesgonzo
The Unflushable Stool
Male User Gallery

Loc: On Uranus Flag
Re: What shampoo / conditioner u use? [Re: Gypsy Boy]
    #27149964 - 01/15/21 05:42 PM (4 days, 14 hours ago)

Dr. Squatch

--------------------
"I've always maintained that reality is for those who can't face drugs."-Tom Waits
"I feel the same way about disco as I feel about herpes."-Hunter S. Thompson
A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous, got me?

Offlinespirit_shadow
I am sofa king

Re: What shampoo / conditioner u use? [Re: Camwritesgonzo]
    #27149972 - 01/15/21 05:45 PM (4 days, 14 hours ago)

You all have to use shampoo? Bunch a mop heads the lot of you :awehigh:

Quote:

1234go said:
If you want to be respected as a man you have to use old spice or suave.

Nah, real men shave their heads :ruggedwink:

--------------------
Higher than hell and low as heaven will go....(this account is automated, all posts related to illegal activities or advice thereof are strictly from numerous online sites and are for informational purposes only)- Circa 2011
Ban lotto

Edited by spirit_shadow (01/15/21 05:47 PM)

Invisiblecannabinated

Loc: Outside Flag
Re: What shampoo / conditioner u use? [Re: spirit_shadow]
    #27150042 - 01/15/21 06:26 PM (4 days, 13 hours ago)

anything

Invisiblecannabinated

Loc: Outside Flag
    #27150082 - 01/15/21 06:41 PM (4 days, 13 hours ago)

i just use my natural oilz and wash it when its real greasy, and use conditioner on the ends of my long hairz

soap i always get som gourmet lavender shidd

OfflineOutsideOfMyMind
LSD Administrator
 User Gallery

#27150435 - 01/15/21 10:06 PM (4 days, 9 hours ago)

Quote:

Gypsy Boy said:

Which brings me to my second question: what's the best gel shampoo to wash your balls??

In my experience its, u know those gift sets with perfume combo with shower gel is the shit, balls will smell delightful

Sweaty balls smell like mushrooms. The next time your balls are sweating rub your hands on your balls and then smell it.

--------------------
Drugs I have yet to try:
DMT, Mescaline

Invisible4HO-DMT
 User Gallery

Loc: County Line Road
Re: What shampoo / conditioner u use? [Re: OutsideOfMyMind]
    #27150451 - 01/15/21 10:16 PM (4 days, 9 hours ago)

:owell:

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

#27151464 - 01/16/21 02:56 PM (3 days, 17 hours ago)

Quote:

Gypsy Boy said:

Right on :thumbup: . I've only been using that brand/soap bar for a short while, but I like it.

I can't give ya an answer about the best gel-shampoo for your balls tho lol. I've never used a soap/shampoo specifically for em' lol.

That moon valley "shampoo" bar I use as a full body soap, as shampoo and a body wash.

Quote:

spirit_shadow said:

:lol:

I do have quite a mop on me head, my hair is long enough to hang down past my ass lol, tho I tend to keep it tied up & tidy and not hanging down loose.

-OM

--------------------

OfflineNortherner
FSM acolyte
 User Gallery

Loc: FNQ
    #27151591 - 01/16/21 04:19 PM (3 days, 15 hours ago)

Darn hippies, stay off my lawn.  :oldman:

--------------------
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

Offlinespirit_shadow
I am sofa king

#27151744 - 01/16/21 06:05 PM (3 days, 13 hours ago)

Quote:

openmind said:
Quote:

Gypsy Boy said:

Right on :thumbup: . I've only been using that brand/soap bar for a short while, but I like it.

I can't give ya an answer about the best gel-shampoo for your balls tho lol. I've never used a soap/shampoo specifically for em' lol.

That moon valley "shampoo" bar I use as a full body soap, as shampoo and a body wash.

Quote:

spirit_shadow said:

I do have quite a mop on me head, my hair is long enough to hang down past my ass lol, tho I tend to keep it tied up & tidy and not hanging down loose.

-OM

My little brother has hair like that as well and I used to give him shit until he told me he is eventually having it cut and donated to the hair charity place. Hella respect to my little bro :shroomeryhead:

--------------------
Higher than hell and low as heaven will go....(this account is automated, all posts related to illegal activities or advice thereof are strictly from numerous online sites and are for informational purposes only)- Circa 2011
Ban lotto

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

#27153440 - 01/17/21 02:43 PM (2 days, 17 hours ago)

Quote:

Northerner said:
Darn hippies, stay off my lawn.  :oldman:

:smugjerry:

Quote:

spirit_shadow said:

My little brother has hair like that as well and I used to give him shit until he told me he is eventually having it cut and donated to the hair charity place. Hella respect to my little bro :shroomeryhead:

Right on, that's cool of him to do :thumbup: . I've heard of some folks doing that.

If I ever do cut my hair I'll likely end up doing the same.

I wasn't planning on growing my hair out. But after going a while with no hair cut I've become very attached to my long hair lol (I think it's been 7 years now since I've cut it), at this point I really don't know if I'll ever cut it again in my life.

If I ever do cut it tho, it will likely be done as an ending or beginning of something new & big in my life.

-OM

--------------------

OfflineGypsy Boy
Член Профсоюза
Male

Loc: Deep in the discoteka
    #27156848 - 01/19/21 08:36 AM (23 hours, 25 minutes ago)

My moon valley bar should arrive soon

--------------------

Official Shroomery Wish list

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon Hemp, Malt Extract

Community >> The Pub