Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineskOsH
Functionally dysfunctional
 User Gallery

Loc: the PNW
A serious request for organizing to legalize psychedelics (or at least decriminalize) * 2
    #27142550 - 01/11/21 06:57 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Anyone interested in doing this?

Those of us who have positively benefited from psychedelics could submit a story and I can narrate it, and perhaps make a video and email it to congress?

Or at least we could try to drum up 100k signatures on a petition so it would have to be addressed?

I was thinking we could tackle the analogue act and take psychedelics out of controlled substances and just regulate it, allow for adult use and private grow, and vendors are good at already having accurate measured doses, so theoretically this could work.

I feel like a good, well made video and a petition are a nice start. I just feel like if legalization is going to happen stateside we might as well start working for it more. I love maps and donate to them but i feel like legalization should take two routes--people can do therapy with them and also do them themselves.

If we had a video that was very good quality and told stories of people recovering from tough situations with psychedelic use, then maybe enough people will listen

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHartford
Lawful Good
Male User Gallery

Loc: Tennessee
Re: A serious request for organizing to legalize psychedelics (or at least decriminalize) [Re: skOsH] * 1
    #27142727 - 01/11/21 09:15 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Anyone taking this on needs to be able to show that psilocybin mushrooms reliably turn undersirables into desirables for the purpose of the general welfare.

What problem in society does it reliably solve that can be measured quantitatively?

OfflinePsilosopherr
A psilly goose
Other User Gallery

Re: A serious request for organizing to legalize psychedelics (or at least decriminalize) [Re: skOsH]
    #27142733 - 01/11/21 09:20 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

:pm:

My first thought is that I like the idea of pushing for it federally in addition to the state level. But since even pot is still federally illegal I feel our efforts are better placed in state petitions, though we might as well pursue both avenues.

What is this 100k sig petition you mentioned, are there federal petitions I'm unaware of?

I'd love to talk it out more because I'm serious about putting in the necessary effort and I was already working on a related project of my own

Do you think congress would take such a video seriously?

-posted while drunk

Quote:

Anyone taking this on needs to be able to show that psilocybin mushrooms reliably turn undersirables into desirables for the purpose of the general welfare.

What problem in society does it reliably solve that can be measured quantitatively?

Well said. If we don't have sufficient data already, we'll be getting it in droves 2 years from now when oregeons program goes into effect

Edited by Psilosopherr (01/11/21 09:23 PM)

OfflineWhoManBeing
PsychedelicYogi
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: A serious request for organizing to legalize psychedelics (or at least decriminalize) [Re: Psilosopherr]
    #27142763 - 01/11/21 09:39 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Dude the grand intelligence Knows the aweMaze.ing property of drugs and such. Who you think running the show!  The great spirit!  It’s not like you telling the folks about your little acid trip or such really going to impress those. They done greater things and still are using these tools. I was reading of how in trance some folk has been able to know where one is and even know where he going and what will do even before the one speaking of has any idea to his own reality.

Here some shorty fucking news.  LSD, Fuel for WorldWar Two, ‘My Problem Child’ Albert H. Sucks!

--------------------
Hip, hip... WhoRAy!!!

Eye was thinking the other day...  ahh, thinking never done me no good.

OfflineKwyjibo
Stranger

Loc: California Flag
Re: A serious request for organizing to legalize psychedelics (or at least decriminalize) [Re: WhoManBeing]
    #27142773 - 01/11/21 09:47 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

It's adorable that you think congress will care if you tell them it helps people. The only way you're going to effectively convince them is if you can show them that there's more money in legalizing them than they'll get from the drug companies that are trying to keep them illegal.

OfflinePsilosopherr
A psilly goose
Other User Gallery

Re: A serious request for organizing to legalize psychedelics (or at least decriminalize) [Re: Kwyjibo] * 1
    #27142781 - 01/11/21 09:55 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

now lets not get derogatory. Lets be productive. Activism has pot on the verge of federal acceptance, if we put our heads together and make the right moves we can achieve the same for psychs

OfflineKwyjibo
Stranger

Re: A serious request for organizing to legalize psychedelics (or at least decriminalize) [Re: Psilosopherr]
    #27142788 - 01/11/21 09:58 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Not trying to be derogatory, it's just not going to happen unless things move quite a bit to the left here.

OfflinePsilosopherr
A psilly goose
Other User Gallery

Re: A serious request for organizing to legalize psychedelics (or at least decriminalize) [Re: Kwyjibo]
    #27142792 - 01/11/21 10:04 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

True. Going for federal right off the bat is extremely unlikely to succeed.

But we have a proven route to success. 1 state medicinal, 2 state recreational, 3 someday federal legalization. Hopefully I'm not reiterating to an obnoxious degree, again I am drunk

I've got thoughts/discussion of this topic in my sig for any interested.

OfflineKwyjibo
Stranger

#27142813 - 01/11/21 10:28 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

It's been 25 years since Ca legalized weed for medicinal use and 9 since Colorado legalized it recreationally. Hopefully it will be federally legalized in the near future but these things don't happen quickly. As far as psychedelics, it may happen eventually but I doubt it'll even be a consideration for at least another decade or more although I'd love to be proven wrong.

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: A serious request for organizing to legalize psychedelics (or at least decriminalize) [Re: Kwyjibo]
    #27142863 - 01/11/21 11:05 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Here’s the deal. Politicians are very reticent to make illegal things legal. There’s a lot of risks in doing that. It is very easy to blame them for any problems that result from it. That’s why legalization almost always happens through ballot initiatives and there is no such thing as a federal ballot initiative.

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#27142876 - 01/11/21 11:15 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Kwyjibo said:
It's adorable that you think congress will care if you tell them it helps people. The only way you're going to effectively convince them is if you can show them that there's more money in legalizing them than they'll get from the drug companies that are trying to keep them illegal.

Are you kidding? You think drug companies want them to be illegal? Why the fuck would a drug company want whole classes of drugs to be schedule one, where they essentially cannot market them since the government has determined they have no medical value. Where even doing research on them is essentially banned.

--------------------
NotSheekle said

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: A serious request for organizing to legalize psychedelics (or at least decriminalize) [Re: koods]
    #27142886 - 01/11/21 11:22 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quualudes were a popular and profitable pharmeutical product. Then the government banned them. There’s no rational argument that these companies benefit at all from drug scheduling. It hurts them, not helps them.

--------------------
NotSheekle said

OfflineKwyjibo
Stranger

Re: A serious request for organizing to legalize psychedelics (or at least decriminalize) [Re: koods]
    #27142908 - 01/11/21 11:38 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:
Are you kidding? You think drug companies want them to be illegal? Why the fuck would a drug company want whole classes of drugs to be schedule one, where they essentially cannot market them since the government has determined they have no medical value. Where even doing research on them is essentially banned.

They make billions selling Prozac and Zoloft and a dozen other antidepressants, I doubt they want to legalize a replacement that people can grow in their closets.

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#27143013 - 01/12/21 12:55 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

If psilocybin is proven to be an effective antidepressant, they would put it into a pill, patent the treatment and sell it for $300 a month. They will literally give no fucks if people can grow mushrooms in their closet or find them in the woods.

--------------------
NotSheekle said

OfflineSirTripAlot
Semper Fidelis
Male User Gallery

Loc: Harmless (Mostly)
Re: A serious request for organizing to legalize psychedelics (or at least decriminalize) [Re: koods] * 1
    #27143207 - 01/12/21 05:47 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

The city I live by just decriminalized possesion; five years ago I would never, ever thought that would take place. The "war on drugs" is getting a little less popular with each year. Looks like mushies and the like will be where weed it at in about 5 to ten years from now.

--------------------
“I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”

OfflinePsilosopherr
A psilly goose
Other User Gallery

#27144225 - 01/12/21 05:06 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Whats the word OP?

Quote:

Kwyjibo said:
It's been 25 years since Ca legalized weed for medicinal use and 9 since Colorado legalized it recreationally. Hopefully it will be federally legalized in the near future but these things don't happen quickly. As far as psychedelics, it may happen eventually but I doubt it'll even be a consideration for at least another decade or more although I'd love to be proven wrong.

a decade or two was my rough estimate as well.

Just realized what your username was referencing :lol: very cromulent

OfflineKwyjibo
Stranger

#27144482 - 01/12/21 07:08 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Psilosopherr said:
Whats the word OP?

Quote:

Kwyjibo said:

It may be sooner if we can embiggen the interest in psychedelics.

OfflineKwyjibo
Stranger

#27144503 - 01/12/21 07:18 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:
If psilocybin is proven to be an effective antidepressant, they would put it into a pill, patent the treatment and sell it for $300 a month. They will literally give no fucks if people can grow mushrooms in their closet or find them in the woods.

Marijuana has multiple potential medical uses and they've been fighting to keep that illegal. What makes psychedelics different?

OfflineskOsH
Functionally dysfunctional
 User Gallery

Loc: the PNW
    #27145921 - 01/13/21 01:08 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Psilosopherr said:
Whats the word OP?

Quote:

Kwyjibo said:

I estimate 5-10 years as well, and this definitely will have more of a chance at state level.

I think for the video we can have real good stories of beneficial outcomes, discuss different ways to have them be legalized. I am sure there is research that supports it helping cure opiate addiction, connect that with the current opioid crisis

Basically make so many arguments for initiatives for psych decrim/legalization, that making any counter argument would be extremely difficult

Could also emphasize that the war on drugs is a failure and possibly cite Portugal's data, as well as the states it is decriminalized in or legalized

As far as 100k signatures is concerned, that is what is required for the white house to respond to it

Far fewer signatures are required to get an initiative on the ballot -edit: at the state level, and the sooner we can mobilize, the better

Have fliers in town mentioning a website that goe into detail about how they are beneficial

Really get the word out

Edited by skOsH (01/13/21 01:11 PM)

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

#27145953 - 01/13/21 01:23 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Kwyjibo said:

I appreciate the effort, but its technically off base.  The Controlled Substances Act doesn't work via youtube videos and online petitions.

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds