Home | Community | Message Board

North Spore
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon Hot Plate, Pressure Cooker, Rye Grain

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineNootmuskaat
Stranger
Exceeding working pressure of PC
    #27145394 - 01/13/21 11:00 AM (13 days, 9 hours ago)

Hello! I'm almost done with my third flush of a grow kit I took care of for a friend (for a part of the babies). Well, needless to say I like the growing and the shrooms as well.

Now I went bigger and I'm about to clone a shroom and then use A2G for a few quarts to make an 8L shoebox or two. Getting pressure cookers in Europe is shitty. Best I could get for 10L was one with a fixed pressure of 80 kPa (11.6 PSI) without breaking the bank. I know using lower pressures is usually okay, but that grains can be a bit harder. I've read about people exceeding that. My PC has two safety mechanisms, one at 130-180 kPa and one at 200-300 kPa. Should I just hit that first safety mechanism for a short while, or do a longer cook at 80 kPa? Will be using rye.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineFrostyStipe

Re: Exceeding working pressure of PC [Re: Nootmuskaat]
    #27145540 - 01/13/21 12:17 PM (13 days, 8 hours ago)

Do a longer cook.

Those safety mechanisms are there for a reason. Exceeding the rated pressure is extremely dangerous and possibly fatal.

So, longer cook, find a no-PC TEK, or find a higher pressure PC.

Offlinemad_dingo
professional mango
 User Gallery

Re: Exceeding working pressure of PC [Re: Nootmuskaat]
    #27147146 - 01/14/21 08:14 AM (12 days, 12 hours ago)

It's possible if you know what you're doing and are careful with your heat source. Unless there's a manufacturing defect or you do something really stupid (like blocking all valves and burner on high) they don't just explode.

I'm skeptical about your pressure numbers though. The PCs i researched usually had a safety valve that starts to open at around 100-120kPa. Do you have a picture or a model number?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon Hot Plate, Pressure Cooker, Rye Grain

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started