Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinesaintdextro
Entheogen psychonaut
Male

Pharisee's through out Church History? * 1
    #27144527 - 01/12/21 07:27 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Was Jesus's rebellion against only the ancient sect of Pharisee/Scribes and there corrupted system, or would it not include the exact the same set up as the Church holds the system through out history unto today and seeming into the future?

Why call a Priest "Father"? does not anyone see the contradiction in this system? surely there are righteous Priest I would like to imagine in the Catholic Church, I've never met a Priest of the Catholic kind, I've read Catholic Books And watched every John Corapi Episode and Youtube Video many times (must be hundreds of hours), I Have my disagreements with him and something about him kind of disturbs me, but there was gold nuggets buried in the mud of his talks, nonetheless, he was entertaining, but this Thread is about keeping a both eyes open, and if your smart, the third eye too, on the Church's institutional system they have set up, looks like they control by fear, exploitation is a given, I've heard terrible stories of Nuns abusing children, little girls, I've met a girl in person to tell me her stories.

Buddhist do the institutional Religion thing more beautifully, not seemingly corrupt, I can see why people get interested in the peace and loving-kindness of a Buddhist monastery, but who would be a attracted to a Catholic Church with it's obvious  incompleteness, Jesus and his story looks interesting with it's instant sympathetic love we all get tugged and pulled by, and I think most if not all people wish it was true and we could just be good from now on and go to heaven when we die, thanking God, being obedient, reverent, and worshipful, that fills the void and seems to come to Completeness, but I get the impression that the authority of the Church holds you back from achieving completeness, your being told rules and regulations that try to over power the story of the Christ, it's simplicity is over looked, I've been told my whole life pretty much "You just gotta believe in Jesus!", who wants to submit to authority of any organizations where none of the Priest or Nuns are enlightened? who want's to openly submit to being Controlled by fear? who over looks exploitation? the history of the Catholic Church is quite sickening, from murdering a Man who tried to share copies of the Bible with the public several hundreds years ago (The Church wanted to be the only possessors of the Bible/Scripture, they wanted the authority of interpretation to themselves.) and even up to a phenomenon of Child molestation, They bully and rob the Lord out of Gay/Lesbian peoples minds and hearts, leading 20 year old Men to kill themselves there so hurt and confused by life and the Church. They are strictly, and strongly, against Abortion, good for them, I am too, but they block the the solution to problem by being against contraception, condoms, the pill, the shot my ex-girlfriend got when we were doing it, they have a answer to greatly help the accidental, too many unwanted pregnancies, but they shoot themselves in the foot, for what good reason? when you join an organization and they start bullying you, getting in your business if you use a condom or not, I'm thinking they gone too far, and refusing to forgive  and not absolve your Sins of you use protection(as if it was really in there hands to forgive, really he's just being confusion in the path to the true meaning of life and death, basically, I'd probably tell him to go fuck himself.).

Should I feel ashamed about encouraging rebellion towards the Church? or am I a Saint? I'm not part of a Catholic Church, when Covid wasn't around I went to a local church with a wonderful Women Preacher (it's sad, she's been told she's going to hell because she's a "Woman" preacher, absurd, but because everyone is under the illusion that every word in the Bible is perfect, accurate and true, to them they would careless on judgment day to see my beautiful Preacher separated from the line up with them and cast into an eternal lake of fire, because she gave out wise advise, praised the lord, gave out Communion etc, but it's bye bye, you go to hell just so I can say I followed every word in the Bible, and took them as eternal words, as if Paul's brief sexist, homophobic, and other strange conflicts where more a important than a woman preacher who were happy to smell the aroma of her burning body in a like of fire for all eternity. Come on people, be fucking Human!)

Thank you, had to get that off my chest.

--------------------
"He who finds peace and joy
And radiance within himself
That man becomes one with God
And vanishes into God's bliss."

-Bhagavad Gita, 5.24
One 21 - Building Better Bombs
One 21 - Pacified
One 21 - Two Sides Is Fine
"Respectability is a cloak for the hypocrite" - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblepacmanbreed
 User Gallery

Re: Pharisee's through out Church History? [Re: saintdextro]
    #27144887 - 01/13/21 12:17 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

As an ex catholic(fables, invention) surrounded by the majority I look back thru life with a smile thru your post.

having a change of faith wasn't easy for us at the start specially for my wife, where she was inflicted with mocking and bullying from her ex-girlfriends who left her just as some of my relative despise me as well my old buddies and who left me.

thru time as we met like minded fellows, she was able to teach thru words specially thru actions to some of her left girlfriends who are in a destructive home the same as we both suffered & in a brink of a family collapse before we had change of faith.

in the early days I've always comforted her and myself not to get carried away back to our old selves & that this people - our old circle just don't know what they are doing.

The wisdom behind the scriptures is on point that women being women, being a gift are more fragile than men, specially being in front of a battle surrounded by such unmindful fellows hence the commandments.

I much admire women of such who teach and set an example than so called High FATHERs who preach the word but doesn't live by it, fathers who doesn't give a damn to his fellows specially to his own (1 tim 5:8)

"Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. 4 Then they can urge the younger women to love their husbands and children" -TITUS 2:3

Houses and wealth are inherited from parents, but a prudent wife is from the LORD. - PROVERBS 19:14

Offlinesaintdextro
Entheogen psychonaut
Male

Re: Pharisee's through out Church History? [Re: pacmanbreed] * 1
    #27144930 - 01/13/21 01:07 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Hey Pacmanbreed, Where in the world did you come from? I like your post's, it's good to have someone to commune with, it's risky for me to criticize someone or something, especially something like the Church, I could really upset someone which is not what I intend to do at all.

It's important we take the Krishnamurti approach in are communication, to meet at the same level at the same time, without prejudice, without those self-protective resistance's that build wall's of a self-created prison of limitation. To put away tradition, past-influence's, inclinations, tendencies, and your own memories and whatever else could keep you in your own influences and personal resistance while we attempt to converse and communicate.

You talk and I listen without the screen of resistance. I talk and you listen without the screen of resistance. it's freedom in communication, it's essential for conversation, no one gets hurt or offended, however, I have a problem I"m trying to fix, I run my mouth and say "Fuck you! fuck you all! fuck myself!" as I'm a bitter man working through trouble and conflict with weak control and I do apologize for my offensive words, attitude and behaviour. I do have noticable imperfections and less than enlightened. I carry a burden through life (Particularly a Mental Illness of Schizophrenia that takes up my days, all day, every day.). but it's good to meet you! :grin:

:cross:

--------------------
"He who finds peace and joy
And radiance within himself
That man becomes one with God
And vanishes into God's bliss."

-Bhagavad Gita, 5.24
One 21 - Building Better Bombs
One 21 - Pacified
One 21 - Two Sides Is Fine
"Respectability is a cloak for the hypocrite" - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Invisiblepacmanbreed
 User Gallery

Re: Pharisee's through out Church History? [Re: saintdextro]
    #27145016 - 01/13/21 03:59 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

from the other side of the world :lol:, seriously from S.East in a group of island consisting 170+ language, Same pleasure here to have someone to commune to. Sorry to hear that latter part man, had remembered it youve mentioned it sometime in a post about mirrors and reflection.

I do actually admire it that you've always have been conscious of your words, putting your self first in the shoes of a reader, despite that hurdle or sickness you've mentioned which is not so evident on the way your post are, despite the hard burden you also carry. :thumbup:

though I'm not well knowledgeable of Krishnamurti approach, and this is not my native language, as well as not well versed as you do, will try my best to.

I actually don't mind the words Fuck, Fucktard, Retarded or Fool in a sense that I'm actually thankful with such words to be reminded of how a foolish am I once a while. holding NO judgement - viewing as ALL is equal whether the difference in beliefs, Religion, Color, Standings, Status, Wealth, Intellect nor Wisdom. its not about the People but The tradition, teachings - the materials, not THE INNER Person of person, not who's first or last to come but a realization for ALL of US at a point. in between conversation, between the lines, Specially in SPIRITUALITY there the UNIVERSE/GOD in the midst of US. I do sense you hold the same Character based on your post.

OfflineMadMonastic
Candidate
Male User Gallery

Loc: United States Flag
Re: Pharisee's through out Church History? [Re: saintdextro] * 1
    #27147325 - 01/14/21 08:56 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Great thread you guys. I am Catholic, a Catholic monk-in-training actually, and schizo such as yourself, saintdextro. A couple things worth point out is that for one, on actual statistics, the levels of abuse reported in, say, Buddhism, or even public schools, does not trail far behind the Catholic Church! The great evil that I see of the Church, which is composed of broken humans like every religion, oftentimes doing their best to live up to the impossible position they are in -- and sometimes becoming involved in grave evil -- the human sort of evil -- along the way (by the way; NOT excusing abuse here), is of course, not the statistical level of abuse, but the frequency and scale of its cover-up. That is inexcusable.

This is/was a period we have been going through as a religious body since 1960, loosely arriving at Vat.Counc.II, and has only begun to decline with the advent of a new kind of priesthood as more and more young men turn to traditional and reverent liturgical attitudes that actually take good and evil, damnation and salvation, and the utmost contemplative unity of things under God, seriously -- all while less men enter the priesthood in general (IMO because those that DO make up for it, NOW, as in post-2000, when -- and the media doesn't report on this -- rates of sexual abuse fell far below public schools. The MSM reports on sexual abuse, usually of teenage boys and/or vulnerable seminarians, which is always abhorrent and inexcusable, as if it were happening more than in public schools, and as if those spikes were the actual, current rates. Because despite the gross violations in the form of cover-ups, the Church actually did take important measures to ensure, ya know, pedophiles wouldn't become priests and that kids would be protected, that legitimately did almost abolish the practice by the time of this writing in 2021.

Anyway I sincerely hope that explanation of more detail does not construe me as defending the disgusting actions of my religious institution. However, frankly, the Church has faced, like, A LOT of crises in the past -- and A LOT of corruption -- and it's always been resolved. And also, frankly, I'm not Catholic because I believe priests are always good, or that the Church as an institution can do no wrong. My belief system of valuation runs so much deeper than that -- spiritually, culturally, historically, mystically.

I also want to say, too, that just as we shouldn't condemn all teachers for THEIR rates of pedophilia (which is never discussed), one should not condemn all priests. It's simply a logical fallacy. I want to point out that experiences differ. Suddenly, because of the good ole TV NEWS, people who have no clue what Catholicism is really, have no connection to the religion and/or culture, have probably never stepped foot in a Catholic church, have a REALLY BIG opinion on it, that they HAVE TO LET YOU KNOW>. But personally speaking, as a childhood sexual abuse survivor myself, I grew up with priests -- men who became formative father figures to me... (when my actual father was in jail, or in the psych ward, or disappeared, et c.) Ya know... experiences, they just vary. :? Make sure to read all the reviews??? lol.

--------------------
"All men are born mad. Some remain so." — Samuel Beckett (Godot)

Invisiblepacmanbreed
 User Gallery

Re: Pharisee's through out Church History? [Re: MadMonastic]
    #27147654 - 01/14/21 12:23 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

good to see you around here man after that great introduction around the pub, I am personally a naturalist by heart.

deeply sorry to hear that childhood experience man. going thru such traumas ain't easy. :bunnyhug:  :hug:

Its Good to hear those improvement inside, Can imagine the hardship your in, of doing one's best to live up to the impossible position one's in, just like being caught in between. I do believed that such doesn't end in one sector of our society eg. from schools, politics, policemen with its poor screening & evaluation and many more sectors. there are different kinds among US. whether what party one's belong to, tribe, Job, Sector, beliefs, traditions etc, what matter most is the deed.

-For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves: Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another; Romans 2:14.

this splits of FIRST and LAST had been going on for the longest time for thousands and thousands of years as I've mentioned in an old thread. since the heart has separate neurons of its own from the brain, one of the main reason I see is - man being deeply disconnected from it. there is something written from within as the material book says.

hence I truly admire alike fellows who search for spirituality or valuing religion from its root word RELIGARE(Rebind, Reconnect) just like those boldly Highlighted sentence in the 3rd paragraph of self description in that post.

We are very blessed in our generation having this good means to connect for a conversation.

Love Speed and Guidance. :heart::heart:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale