Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinePumpJackTeX
livin life
Male User Gallery

Loc: California Flag
Psychedelic Mushrooms Grew in a Man's Veins After He Injected Them
    #27144313 - 01/12/21 06:07 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

https://gizmodo.com/psychedelic-mushrooms-grew-in-a-mans-veins-after-he-inj-1846044856#replies

A man’s experiment with psychedelic mushrooms went disastrously wrong and nearly killed him, according to his doctors. In a new case report released this week, they detailed how the man injected a “tea” made from the mushrooms into his body and developed a life-threatening infection that had them growing in his blood. The experience left him in the hospital for close to a month. Fortunately, he survived.

--------------------
Life. 2008

Ascension Energy | UFOs | 2021

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibletyrannicalrex
Strange R
Male User Gallery

Loc: subtropics
Re: Psychedelic Mushrooms Grew in a Man's Veins After He Injected Them [Re: PumpJackTeX]
    #27144364 - 01/12/21 06:24 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

I just saw this story and immediately came here, I KNEW it would be here! This is what happens when IDIOTS take drugs!!!

--------------------

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Loc: House of Mirrors
Re: Psychedelic Mushrooms Grew in a Man's Veins After He Injected Them [Re: tyrannicalrex]
    #27144593 - 01/12/21 08:03 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Holy shit how dumb can you be

Offlinegone-pear-shaped
Stranger than fiction

Re: Psychedelic Mushrooms Grew in a Man's Veins After He Injected Them [Re: morrowasted]
    #27144621 - 01/12/21 08:21 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Sounds like sloppy reporting. He boiled the shrooms, according to the article. More likely what happened is that the syringe was contaminated with Candida and he got a Candida infection. Or other similar pathogenic fungus.

OfflineNarrator
Strangest in the night
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Psychedelic Mushrooms Grew in a Man's Veins After He Injected Them [Re: gone-pear-shaped]
    #27144790 - 01/12/21 10:18 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

It sounds like the culture grew really fast in two days. Has anybody tried a human blood agar?

Invisibledurian_2008
Cornucopian Eating an Elephant
 User Gallery

Loc: Raccoon City
Re: Psychedelic Mushrooms Grew in a Man's Veins After He Injected Them [Re: Narrator]
    #27144873 - 01/13/21 12:08 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Just posting anecdotally, because some people are gluttons for punishment  --

Ketosis can be a feast and not starvation.

Mostly-harmless, potent, fungicidal, OTC herbs can be recommended, when you're growing your own mushrooms. You can nibble on some nasty tasting bitters, without shutting your organs of elimination down, with toxic concentrates.

Holistically speaking, the patient would have immune and stamina issues.

:cuteshit: Detox...

Everything takes it toll on the system, requires a balance and recuperation.

OfflineInnerWisdom
Male

Loc: North EU
Re: Psychedelic Mushrooms Grew in a Man's Veins After He Injected Them [Re: Narrator]
    #27144879 - 01/13/21 12:13 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Who needs substrates when you can literally grow mushrooms inside yourself and be high all the time?

Inb4 i.v. Tek :lol:

Edited by InnerWisdom (01/13/21 12:14 AM)

Invisibledurian_2008
Cornucopian Eating an Elephant
 User Gallery

Loc: Raccoon City
Re: Psychedelic Mushrooms Grew in a Man's Veins After He Injected Them [Re: InnerWisdom] * 1
    #27144898 - 01/13/21 12:28 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

I lie in the soil and fertilize mushrooms
Leaking out gas fumes are made into perfume

Offlinegone-pear-shaped
Stranger than fiction

Re: Psychedelic Mushrooms Grew in a Man's Veins After He Injected Them [Re: durian_2008]
    #27144996 - 01/13/21 03:21 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Holy damn, there is a better article here that says the fungi were cultured and actually were Psilocybe cubensis!

OfflineVP123
Strange
Male

Loc: Midwest
Re: Psychedelic Mushrooms Grew in a Man's Veins After He Injected Them [Re: gone-pear-shaped] * 1
    #27145428 - 01/13/21 09:19 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

gone-pear-shaped said:
Holy damn, there is a better article here that says the fungi were cultured and actually were Psilocybe cubensis!

The paper says "Cultures confirmed bacteremia (ultimately cultured as Brevibacillus) and fungemia (ultimately cultured as Psilocybe cubensis – i.e. the species of mushroom he had injected was now growing in his blood)"

I smell BS, the report says absolutely nothing about how they determined it was P. cubensis. Peer reviewers can sometimes be lazy or dumb and this is the Journal of the Academy of Consultation–Liaison Psychiatry. I don't expect them to know much (if anything) about mycology and molecular biology. Until they provide the methods to determine that P.  cubensis was growing in this guy's blood, I will be skeptic.

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Re: Psychedelic Mushrooms Grew in a Man's Veins After He Injected Them [Re: VP123]
    #27145475 - 01/13/21 09:41 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Uh, the medical lab techs know how to culture basically any microorganism from a blood sample... Sometimes it takes a while but inevitably it gets done.

OfflineVP123
Strange
Male

Loc: Midwest
Re: Psychedelic Mushrooms Grew in a Man's Veins After He Injected Them [Re: morrowasted]
    #27145732 - 01/13/21 11:49 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

morrowasted said:
Uh, the medical lab techs know how to culture basically any microorganism from a blood sample... Sometimes it takes a while but inevitably it gets done.

I agree but there is no description of methods. Why should I trust what they say if they don't tell me how they came to that conclusion? That's very much what peer review is for. To prevent the publication of BS.

Just remember the cold fusion fiasco. It was published but not true.

Edited by VP123 (01/13/21 11:51 AM)

InvisiblePsychoReactive
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cocalero
Re: Psychedelic Mushrooms Grew in a Man's Veins After He Injected Them [Re: VP123] * 1
    #27145767 - 01/13/21 11:59 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Junkies are hilarious. He would inject Doritos and Coca Cola into his veins if he could.  :methisgood:
PS the tea would have killed all the spores anyway, so he got some fungal infection from a dirty needle not psilocybin mushroom tea. 

Edited by PsychoReactive (01/13/21 12:00 PM)

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

Re: Psychedelic Mushrooms Grew in a Man's Veins After He Injected Them [Re: VP123]
    #27145850 - 01/13/21 12:39 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

VP123 said:
Quote:

gone-pear-shaped said:

The paper says "Cultures confirmed bacteremia (ultimately cultured as Brevibacillus) and fungemia (ultimately cultured as Psilocybe cubensis – i.e. the species of mushroom he had injected was now growing in his blood)"

I smell BS, the report says absolutely nothing about how they determined it was P. cubensis. Peer reviewers can sometimes be lazy or dumb and this is the Journal of the Academy of Consultation–Liaison Psychiatry. I don't expect them to know much (if anything) about mycology and molecular biology. Until they provide the methods to determine that P.  cubensis was growing in this guy's blood, I will be skeptic.

I'm pretty skeptic about that as well.

Before reading the article I assumed it was a different fungus causing the infection, then read that cubensis was in fact the fungus that they found....

....but I'm still having a hard time believing that.

Just seems like the boiling of the tea/spores would make them sterile.....So cubensis spores can "germinate" in blood in a human body :crazy: , that's pretty wild if so. Does this mean there were some teeny tiny threads of mycelium starting to form through out his cardiovascular system?

I haven't read the article in the journal yet that has the details of it all...but did anyone catch how soon the symptoms/issues started for him after he injected the tea?

I wonder how his trip went lol, all reports and stories I've heard about taking tryptamines via IV have been super wild/intense....I also wonder how much liquid he injected. When I think of people taking drugs via IV, I think of a relatively tiny amount of liquid in a relatively small syringe. Unless he used a super small amount of water and reduced it down a lot, a dose of tea seems like a lot of liquid to push into one's veins lol.

That dude was on his way to becoming this lol>>>>>>

-OM

--------------------

Offlinesonoramo
Contaminant
Male User Gallery

Loc: California, baby! Flag
Re: Psychedelic Mushrooms Grew in a Man's Veins After He Injected Them [Re: tyrannicalrex]
    #27146117 - 01/13/21 03:19 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

tyrannicalrex said:
I just saw this story and immediately came here, I KNEW it would be here! This is what happens when IDIOTS take drugs!!!

Don't be so harsh with him. He had bipolar disease, and he'd gone off his meds. People with bipolar do this at times because standard drug side effects are so awful.

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Re: Psychedelic Mushrooms Grew in a Man's Veins After He Injected Them [Re: sonoramo]
    #27146155 - 01/13/21 03:48 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

but did anyone catch how soon the symptoms/issues started for him after he injected the tea?

the medical case report just says that the symptoms developed "over a few days". Likely started pretty quickly. Fungemia will fuck your shit up fast  and hard. By the time he got to the hospital, given the case report, my guess is he would have been dead in 48hrs tops without treatment

OfflineSugabearcrisp
Not Your Average Bear
Male User Gallery

Loc: maybe I had too much, too fast
    #27146328 - 01/13/21 05:29 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Shoulda :boofgirl:

Quote:

He then “filtered” this substance by drawing it through a cotton swab before directly injecting the solution intravenously.

I bet spores got on the cotton swab.

Offlinepolaritymind
relaxed attention
I'm a teapot

Loc: Germany Flag
    #27149118 - 01/15/21 04:53 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Narrator said:
It sounds like the culture grew really fast in two days. Has anybody tried a human blood agar?

:grin:

--------------------
"to affirm life is to also affirm death"
-Albert hofmann

OfflineCamwritesgonzo
The Unflushable Stool
Male User Gallery

Loc: On Uranus Flag
Re: Psychedelic Mushrooms Grew in a Man's Veins After He Injected Them [Re: polaritymind]
    #27149612 - 01/15/21 11:40 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Why the fuck wouldn't he just get some 4-ACO-DMT if he wanted to slam something shroom-related up his arm? This is the kind of shit that will fuck up pro-psilocybin legislation.

--------------------
"I've always maintained that reality is for those who can't face drugs."-Tom Waits
"I feel the same way about disco as I feel about herpes."-Hunter S. Thompson
A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous, got me?

Offlinesonoramo
Contaminant
Male User Gallery

Loc: California, baby! Flag
Re: Psychedelic Mushrooms Grew in a Man's Veins After He Injected Them [Re: Camwritesgonzo]
    #27149760 - 01/15/21 01:19 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Camwritesgonzo said:
Why the fuck wouldn't he just get some 4-ACO-DMT if he wanted to slam something shroom-related up his arm? This is the kind of shit that will fuck up pro-psilocybin legislation.

Mentally ill people do crazy things. That's why people call them "crazy." If you don't believe me, search on "Man Injects 18 'Doses' of Semen Into Arm to Cure Back Pain, Ends Up in Hospital."

Yes, really. And it was his own semen, not somebody else's.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate